Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Been a while since I've done this...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Been a while since I've done this...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wyrmisis on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Wow, things've gotten a touch trickier than they were back when I used to roleplay, this posting form's a bit different from the usual PHPBBs I've been on.

But yeah, hey there. My name's Tim. I go by Wyrmisis on the internet typically. I've been roleplaying since I was about ten. Though I doubt I had any profound roles way back then, I still hope the seven years off-and-on that I've played have taught me a thing or two about the craft. I've always been quite partial to fantasy roleplays, though back in the day I mixed the past and present up a decent bit. My wordcount can range from 250 to 500 words, depending on what I have to work with. Sometimes, though, less is more.

Before coming here, I'd played on a great many dead forums (well, they were alive when -I- got there), Gaia, DaeLuin, (now I get to start dating myself here) Yahoo chats back when users could make their own, AOL chats back when I had the service, and MSN chats back when the service was free. I've been out of roleplaying for a good nine months because my hard drive in my laptop and the old, creaky wireless router I had died in rapid sequence. But I'm back now.

On a more personal level, I'm a seventeen year old amateur web designer that refuses to use any sort of proprietary programs (I have a hard time using Dreamweaver and Flash in my Web Design class, even) and a proud user of the operating system openSUSE 11.0. I also play a game called Dagorhir, which I at times refer to as "bludgeoning guys with shields with my nice big two-handed foam sword." Granted, saying that runs the risk of offending anyone else around here that might play, but, whoops. I can post pictures of my gear, if you guys have an interest.

I use Twitter, AIM (DragonByProxy), Yahoo (dragon_by_proxy), and MSN (pyron185@msn.com). Twitter is the best way to get ahold of me, since it's become so sadly integrated into my life. IM or tweet at me if you need me to post or want to talk. I'm around on weekdays from about 4:00pm until 11:00pm GMT -5, Saturdays basically all day, and Sundays from 5:00pm until 11:00pm. Just let me know who you are and I'll be happy to talk.

I worry that I've become too verbose here; my personal intro posts rarely ever get past 300 words, but here I am over 400. Oh well, providing I hadn't tooted my own horn overly much, I hope I've given you guys a good picture of who I am.

Can't wait to play with you guys!

(edit: bbcode flub)
(edit2: another flop with bbcode, whoops)
Last edited by Wyrmisis on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wyrmisis
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Been a while since I've done this...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Hail and welcome to the gateway. I am Irish Wolf, the bored. I hope you have a good time with us here and find a few games to your liking. Lost posts are goof posts man. Anyways, if your looking for a game to start off on with us, might I suggest one of my own thats about monsters and the 1700s (its also a group game): the-beast-ooc-t14500.html Or I just put out a sci-i game that’s kinda like Survivor but on a planet wide scale: strange-new-earth-ooc-t14613.html

Oh and as member of the staff, I should tell you to give the rules and the user manual a look over so you don't get in trouble without knowing it.

Rules: the-official-roleplaygateway-rules-t1369.html

Manual: the-rpg-user-manual-t7.html
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Welcome Tim,

I am the friendly and knowledgeable rafter queen, but you can call me Rose. You can always find me in the rafters. I'm one of those types that hops on at random times during the night, but you can always find me up and running in the morning and throughout the afternoon.

Ummm.... beware the zombies.... they tend to attack at random times, mostly during the morning hours. We're a bunch of goofs though. But we're easily likeable.... well some of us anyway....

Now look at me, I'm rambling on...

Anywho... A pleasure to meet you and I hope to see you amongst the threads or in IRC.

~Rose~
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wyrmisis on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Thanks for the welcomes; I'm afraid I forgot my zombie repellent (read: shotgun) a few lucky finds back. Lucky for me I've

I'll have to hop on IRC, I have yet to use my OS's built-in IRC client, but I've been looking for an excuse. Where can I find the info to get in? I haven't been able to track it down from a casual glance around the site.

Wyrmisis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nokken on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:27 pm

You seem like a very interesting person. We are somewhat similar but not really. You and I both have a trouble using Dreamweaver. *chucks shoes at it* I don't get it at all. Anyways nice to meet you! I am Jess

Nokken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wyrmisis on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:42 pm

Nice to meet you too. It's not that I find the programs hard to use (well okay yeah Dreamweaver can get irritating telling me to develop for Netscape 5 and IE5), I just know how to code everything better. Unfortunately, everyone I know that does web development is like, "Learn Dreamweaver! WYSIWYG is amazing!" aside from a person that I've been personally teaching my coding junk.

Then again, everyone but the person I've taught use table-based site layout. Ew.

Wyrmisis
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!