Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life Without Restraint

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Life Without Restraint

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:40 am

Elysia could only watch with wide, horrified eyes as Riley's partner shot him. She had dropped her hands to support Asami, but the lightning continued to strike just as frequently and brightly as it had before, the dark storm clouds remained hovering over them. She watched Riley's partner fall, unconscious, and snapped out of her own terrified daze. She could only nod in response when he suggested they leave, biting her lip as she did her best to drag Asami along with her. She glanced nervously at Riley, biting her lip a little harder.

"A...are you gonna be alright? You're...bleeding.." 'You got shot in the gut' seemed a little insensitive. And then, hadn't he said they were tranquilizers? "Can you walk by yourself?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Though Raegan walked confidently on for about a block or two, she found herself quite mal-oriented and, to be honest, lost, by the time she got a few more meters away from the facility. Looking back over her shoulder, she sighed, taking one last glance at the paper with Cassius's details on it before shoving it in her coat pocket. Raegan kept her gaze lowered at the pavement and her feet as she walked aimlessly.

She was still unprepared to go back to work though she wasn't ready to speak to Cassius yet either, what with having lost the man she was the closest to within the facility due to circumstances he can't understand. He called her crazy, for god's sake. But why, she just now wondered, was she acting so defensive?

A chorus of conversation erupted to her left suddenly, it seemed, and when she brought her eyes up to see, the words that she thought were being uttered mere centimeters from her ear were actually being vocalized meters away, by mass of people crowded around the front of the local theatre, including a firetruck full of public servicemen examining the damage of the theatre's main glass display.

Bullet.. just came out of nowhere... this is gonna cost a lot... is anybody hurt? Raegan, unbeknownst to even herself, stood steadfast, watching the scene from afar.
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:42 pm

Jesse was in utter shock of the current events. Elysia and Asami had used forces of nature at their will. It was incredible. Asami suddenly fell to the ground, she seemed to weak to stand. Then Riley and his former parter started yelling at each other.

The next thing that Jesse knew, Riley had a tranquilizer dart in his stomach and his partner was floating in the air. Riley spoke up about his abilities, he couldn't be affected by mental powers, and he can bring forth someone's desire or nightmare.

His partner then fell back to the ground, apparently Riley had released him. His partner became unconscious. Jesse turned his attention to Riley, "Are you gonna be alright?" He reached his hand out to Riley, it was about time he helped one of them.
I'm collecting moving avatars. If you have one, send it to me in a private message.
ImageImageImageImageImage

If the music moves you, the people care about you, and the place is like home, savor the moment!

Time stands still for no one! What are you standing around for, there's chocolate to be eaten.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 am

Riley smiled hazily, "I'm fine, just a little woozy. My stomach kinda hurts though." he felt it, flinching at the sensitivity. "It's probably just bruised, no worries. Like getting shot when you're wearing a bulletproof vest, you get bruised." he laughed uncontrollably, feeling slightly dizzy.

"I'm fine, I'm fine...I'm fine." he continued to repeat, moving closer to Elysia, "I'm sorry, Elysia, I didn't want us to meet this way." he was rambling, slurring, and unable to stop himself. "I'm...so tired..."

His body felt heavy, as if he were trudging through thick mud. He knew he should rest to let the drugs work through his system, but he had no time for that. He needed to get them safely to the Walker Ave. He needed them to be safe, or none of them would be safe.

"Let's....let's go." he pushed through it, walking past them and beginning to labouring journey toward Walker Ave. He couldn't seem to walk straight, but he walked fast enough to keep up with the others.
Mosh pit.
Well-concealed tazer.
Hours of endless entertainment.

waterychan
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:28 am

Asami tried her hardest to get on her own to feet. Summoning up he trength she managed ger body wieght and thanked Elysia for her help and support. She made a mental note to remind herself to thank Riley to. If not for him she be a testing subject by now.

"Elysia stand close to Riley he'll need support and someone to help him walk on. The tranquilizer may not have taken full effect. But the longer it has to play with his system the weaker he gets. I myself would assist you but unfortunately I am not able to in my state. I do apologize."

This was said in a whisper and with a lowered head. Still ashamed Asami walked wit her head pointed to the ground. At least if she went down she could see where....
Life is beginning to thicken again.
Re-emerging in as thick as storm clouds everyone could see.
Or skinny dipping in the public pool.
Just all of it gaining meaning again.
Getting closer everytime I look.
What happens to me after my life is completed again?
Will I be happier again???

Written By: Me, Myself and, I. How Wondrous.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:09 am

The distance allowed Raegan to see the entire cinema within her field of vision. Because of this, she was able to spot a group of moving silhouettes hobbling their way over to the street perpendicular to hers. She broke into a light jog when she noticed their movement and how it displayed obvious incapacitation, rounding the corner and moving up towards them as quickly as she could.

"Hey!" she called out, holding a hand up and waving at them as non-confrontationally as possible, her long coat trailing in the breeze behind her. "Are you hurt? Do you need help?" Raegan was still too far behind to notice anyone's faces, but once she got close, she would undoubtedly recognize one or two.

aeleon
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Elysia had nodded at Asami, confused at how someone that was supposed to be on the same boat as herself knew so much about tranquilizer darts. But she moved forward, lightly grasping Riley's arm and tugging it around her own shoulders. 'Not how he wanted them to meet.' What that meant, she wasn't entirely certain. It was probably the shot, confusing him. It occurred to her that perhaps she should try and and offer up some comfort. "We..we'll make it, we're almost there," She attempted weakly, helping Riley along as best she could.

It was then that another person showed up...someone else that she recognized from the list. A beautiful woman, almost looking out of place in the mayhem with her trailing coat (who wore a coat in Florida?) and lovely face.

"Hey!" she called out, holding a hand up and waving at them as non-confrontationally as possible, her long coat trailing in the breeze behind her. "Are you hurt? Do you need help?"

Elysia hesitated, then called back with great urgency, "Do you have a car?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:58 pm

Jesse watched as Riley rejected his offer. Maybe they didn't want his help. He was about to help Asami, she looked as if she would collapse any second, when he heard something.

It was an extremely angry voice. Not only that, it was yelling Riley's name. He turned around and focused on Riley's partner. The noise was coming from him. He walked over to him and the yelling grew stronger.

Jesse decided that this man must be important. He tried to lift him up, but quickly realized he was heavier then he looked. When he was just about to give up, a giant wind flew up from Jesse's feet, keeping the man in Jesse's arms. "What's going on, I can't be doing this, can I?" It came out louder then he had expected. When he looked back at the other three, he felt a flash of energy connection between himself and Asami.

"Asami, can you control wind? Let me rephrase this, are you doing this?"

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:24 am

When Elysia turned to face Raegan and spoke, she recognized her immediately. Her eyebrows arched and she took a quick breath, letting it stall in her lungs as her mind raced.

"Do you have a car?" Elysia asked as Raegan finally slowed her pace once within talking distance.

"It's a good ways away," she said, looking back towards the corner she just came from, letting her eyes glance towards the chaotic scene at the theatre. It had dissipated, and as she wondered where everyone had gone, she noticed a sudden abundance of people in similar lengthy, hooded coats. As her eyes quickly returned to the group, she recognized Asami's face from the email as well, and understood. They had been the cause of the chaos.

Hurriedly, Regan shuffled her jacket off her shoulders, bundling it up in a ball and tucking it under her arm. "No, but.." she started, rolling up the cuffs of her pleated shirt, undoing the top button of the frilly collar that seemed to burst from her gray cardigan. "We've gotta move."

Fluidly, she slipped to Riley's other side, slinging his arm across her shoulders before getting a good look at his face. "Riley!" she exlcaimed, wondering why it was he that was hurt, and not any of them. After all, she knew about the entire operation, and to what degree the organization would go in order to secure these people, but hurt one of their own? For someone so clever, having not realized that both she and a co-worker slipped through the cracks of an authoritarian organization is quite the feat, but it was true.

Anxiously, she tried to lead the group towards the edge of the street, holding one arm up and calling out for a Taxi as inconspicuously as she could with a group of injured people next to her.

aeleon
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:36 pm

Asami knew the wind was of her power but not of her will. She could hgadrly breathe and didn't understand how the extension of her power was happening. Trying to gather it back and keep it under her control not knowing if it was wanted or not Asami fell to her knees. Standing rather slowly Asami walked to a nearby wall and watched as a cab pulled up to Riley, Regan, Elysia, and Jesse. Asami made her way over and held open the door letting her weight against the door. Looking to Jesse she said.

"I don't know but I think it might be me."

With a dry throath she coughed and blood seemed to be everywhere. "Blood from me but why?!" is all Asami could think. She grabbed a tissue from her pocket and wiped it away. The coughing subsided but her fear did not.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:22 pm

Jesse could feel the energy surging between Asami and himself. He could think of no other thing to do but keep walking with Kent in his arms. However, he hadn't taken more then two steps before he noticed that Asami was bleeding. The wind immediately stopped and he dropped Kent on the ground. He ran over to Asami and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:41 am

Asami looked at her bleeding side. She smiled the bleeding wasn't an unusual thing. But it was unusual for her not to feel it. Her hand covered herwound it wasn't any bigger than a quarter. Where it came from she didn't know. Forgetting about the wound she asked.

"Jesse why were you carrying Kent? I thought he was the bad one. And where are the others. Riley, Elysia, and Reagan......"

Everthing became a blurr and Asami wanted to rest. But until all were at safety. Feeling her forehead the marking that resided on it burned. And glowed a dark purple. The burning was excrutiating. Asami pushed against Jesse and screamed into his chest. This never happened before and it was definently working against her.

"This hurts so bad. Arrghhhh!!! Oh goooooood it buuuuuuuurns!!"

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:12 pm

Jesse was about to respond with a well thought-out explanation when Asami started screaming. He noticed a colored spot on her forehead, glowing. At first he had thought it was a bizarre tattoo, but now he could tell it was something way more serious.

When she put her head in his chest, he knew she needed help. He picked her up and looked around frantically. He needed to find the others, fast.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 am

Riley mumbled something to himself, not entirely sure what he was saying. The drugs were weakening his mental prowess, and he knew in this state he'd be a sitting duck. When Reagan appeared beside him, he at first thought her to be a hallucination. Upon feeling her help him to his feet, he knew her to be real. "Reagan, you're here?...Why?"

He pushed away from her, trying to stand feebly on his own two feet. He looked to Elysia, warning her, "She's an agent! She..." he lost his train of thought as he almost fell to his knees. He somehow managed to stay standing, glancing back at Reagan, "They tried to take us in....the people with abilities, they want to use us. They want to hurt us and..." he didn't know what else to say, so he pulled out his pistol.

"This is my real gun, so no sudden movements." His eyes refused to focus, and he feared he might accidentally shoot an innocent if he tried to shoot her, but it was all he had. In his state, he wouldn't be able to use his ability to scare Reagan, so he had to level to playing field somehow.

"Are you working for them? Are you going to take us in?"

waterychan
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:42 am

Asami well swept up into the air and carried somewhere. She didn't know where she felt as if as if a bucket of cold water should have been dumped on her. But even that wouldn't work it was a burning from the inside and ice couldn't get there. Asami squirmed and wiggled in the arms of Jesse. Her hands wrapped into Jesse shirt wringing it around her fingers. She was in so much pain.

"Make it stop! It hurts me! It's talking to me saying evil things! What does it want. Leave me alone. Make it leeeeeavvvvveee!!!"

Asami was reduced t otears it felt as if someone put fire under her skin and made it inextinguishable. The burning just didn't subside.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:03 pm

Elysia locked her arms around Riley's middle to keep him up. The woman who had offered help was an agent? Was she trying to trick them, to bring them in just like Riley's partner had? Her eyes grew very round as the gun was brought out, but she didn't move. She looked from the gun to the woman and back to Riley, then at the gun again. And to think, just a few hours ago she had been worried about an English test!

In the background, she heard what she assumed to be Asami having a meltdown. But there was little she could do about that right now. She was busy keeping Riley from collapsing on the ground and holding still so his gun didn't fire off in her direction.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:19 pm

Jesse could feel an immense heat seeping out of Asami's body. Something was seriously wrong. She screamed in agony but there was nothing Jesse could do for her. His mind began to race, and his head began pounding. He needed to help her. He started running in the direction he thought the others had gone.

He had only taken a few steps in the other's direction before he had to stop. His head was pounding and Asami was screaming uncontrollably. He looked towards her, and he couldn't look away. He suddenly felt her screaming coming from inside his head. It was even louder then before. He tried to come her down, but the words didn't come out of his mouth. Instead, they came from his mind.

"Asami, calm down. Don't let the pain control you. Take deep breaths." He put his hand on her forehead and felt the heat emmanating from it. He refocused on her. "I'm right here. Your'e not alone. I'll get help." Somehow, he was sending the words straight into her consciousness. He refocused on the world around him, and started jogging towards the others.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:08 am

"I know what they want to do, Riley, but why are you--"

Instinct, aside from his own shove, withdrew her body from Riley's at the appearance of a gun, and though she felt bad seeing his instability, she was more concerned with what a drugged expert would do with a weapon. She held her hands up sincerely; she was emptyhanded save for the bundle of coat wedged beneath her arm, and was very much unarmed. "Riley, stop, you know me! I just don't want you to cause a scene, I'm no here to hurt yo--" out of the corners of her eyes, she saw a yellow car approaching, and turned her back to the group to hail it down. "TAXI!" she shouted, hesistantly taking a step or two back.

"Put that away, or else he won't take us anywhere." jogging out in between a couple of parked cars to make her presence known to the driver; she also hoped the gesture would prove her trust in them, having turned her back on someone she knew had to be at least an above average shot - despite his inebriated state.

When the man asked her where they wanted to go, she took a glance over her shoulder at the group of strangers with common interests, realizing that she had no idea. When she returned her gaze to the driver, she spat out whatever was on her mind -- it just so happened to be the address given to her by the youth some hours ago. "And hurry, please!" she said, opening the back door.

"I won't take you in, Riley, I--" her sentence was cut off when she turned around to see a couple of agents crossing the clearing towards them, looking like they were simply on recconnaissance and not yet aware of their presence.

"No time to talk now, just trust me!"

aeleon
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:39 pm

Asami heard the words where they came from she didn't know. They were comforting and trusting. The wringing of Jesse's shirt subsided. Her squirming slowed. The pain and heat became numbing. Asami could breath normally again. She just hoped that the others were near by. Asami began to mumble something.

"67...........Walker.......Ave. Go there that's where they'll be. 67 walker ave."

Asami was gone. She was weak and let the pain destroy her strenghth. To weak to force it away. She could do nothing but hope he heard her.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:25 pm

Slowly but surely, Asami's body stopped convulsing. He could faintly make out the words, "67 Walker Avenue." Everything else was to jumbled for him to comprehend. Jesse was about to ask her if she was feeling any better, but then realized she had passed out. He hoped that it wasn't serious.

At any rate, he needed to get going. He put his apprehensions behind him, and headed toward 67 Walker Avenue. If he didn't find help soon, he might lose Asami for good.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!