Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Corsairs of the Red Sails OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Corsairs of the Red Sails OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 am

Not necessarily. Bear in mind we're corsairs, literally the original motley crew. Guys who're living right on the edge of society, with no real ties to each other besides the ship they live on. We've only got such a varied cross section of races cause most of our crew wouldnt have anywhere else to go.

A merchant vessel or other large ship, especially if its from a town or city predominantly inhabited by one race, would mostly be crewed by that race. I can imagine mercenary gillocs (as well as other races) might sell their services, but they'd probably be expensive and pretty limited in number.

Lastly, even if they do have Gilloc, that doesnt mean they'd be in the water and able to spot ours. They make good navigators too, so they'd probable have one at the helm, ready to deal with the possibly hostile approaching ship.
You know the goal. You know the path. The only thing that can stop you now is complacency. Go take what's yours.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-LxxLawliet-x on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:37 pm

Irish Wolf: Terribley sorry it's taken me so long; school's started up once more, and it's been absolutely hectic--no time for being online at all. I'll try my best to make time, though... I've edited my Bio once again, as well.
L would like free hugs. will you give free hugs to L?
free hugs count: none D:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

x-LxxLawliet-x
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:07 pm

Ah, of coarse. I keep forgetting that different regions in the world would be inhabited with different cultures, and predominetly of the same race. Our ship is funny, I like how we have a bunch of rejects and fringe people. Makes us all the more deadly though.

Oh, and as a side note, I don't think many people would know that my character (Arto) is a half breed of elf and human. Her ears are only ever so slightly pointed. Ellrun might be able to tell, but thats about it. I only say this because it would seem to me like half breeds of any sort would seem a bit taboo and/or frowned upon.....erm, is it Irish wolf?

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Alright, time to get back in the saddle (or would be manning the helm be a better term?). Sorry there was no posty from me yesterday, it was unbearably hot and sticky at work, which just zapped the brain into a sweaty pool of gray liquid, which needed a night in the freezer to reform. And now that I've taken care of the chores for today, I can get back to writing, although now that I've learned that theres going to be another Total War game (Napoleon: Total War), I don't know how long I can hold off the need to play Empire: Total War.

In any case, OriginalSix is correct about the crews of different ships and the Dark Lady herself and as for half breeds, young miss Arto would only find tolerance within an Elven community and thats because of their dwelling numbers.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-LxxLawliet-x on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Uhm, alright, let's see... Due to personal events and such which I shall not discuss here, I have been forced to abandon RolePlayGateway. My apologies for the sudden-ness, and for the fact that I never even got to start in the RP.

Goodbye, then, and my regards to you all.

x-LxxLawliet-x
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:42 pm

The best of luck to you x-LxxLawliet-x

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:43 am

For anyone else who plans on joining this fight, there's still plenty of opportunities for a good ruck. Way I see it, the shock of our first wave has pretty much cleared the centre of the deck, little pockets of fighters still battling away. There's a group of em at the rear, like I said, with sailors standing in between us and them, so you could come swinging across there, and we havent even mentioned men at the bow.

Bakarr's heading below decks cause he thinks the situation above is under control. There's guaranteed to be loads more sailors down there, and in such tight situations the fighting'll be fierce. Also nothing stopping the Passion's crew from mounting a counter charge, either against our corsairs on deck, or even aboard the Lady. Cannon and the charge have only killed what? Twenty, maybe twenty five outta one hundred and twenty?

By the by, reason I'm writing this is cause it seems to me like the Lord of Hats took it as I'd swept the deck clean when he posted. Big fail on my part. Whilst I'm here Hats, you think Bakarr and Rotendo should go below, or stay on the deck until it is clear?

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:13 am

Given the situation, I think they'd head down. Like you said, the top deck was pretty much clear, and already there's more pirates boarding to finish the job. Gnoles are by nature a bit shock-troopish, so they'd be likely to continue making the charge where possible. If the enemy gets a chance to regroup, the whole thing is going to become that much harder. Better to keep the pressure on them so they can't get a coherent plan together.

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:24 pm

I've had a busy week -_-,

well, off to post!

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheBeachedPirate on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Hello everyone! If you're still accepting positions, would there be any room for a pirate hunter?
------------------

"If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."
-Taken (2008)

------------------

TheBeachedPirate
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Well I'm glad we've peaked your interest TheBeachedPirate but I'm not really looking for any pirate hunters at the moment. Your more then welcome to join the crew though.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Anyone gonna post on this, peoples? Its been a good few days.

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!