Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Not Your Average Heroes (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Not Your Average Heroes (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Jacob cracked a knuckle theateningly. That was as far as he hoped to go. After all, he wasn't the Corps.

"I'm not questioning your powers. I could care less about your powers. What I'm questioning is you. You see, ever since the day I escaped, I have been hounded and harassed by the Corps. Not a day has gone by where my primary goal is anything other than survival. It builds up, after a while. Action becomes habit, habit becomes instinct. It's a wonderful spiral leading down into paranoia--but it's kept me alive this long, so gorram if I'm going to give that up now. After all, paranoia is when you only think that everyone is out to get you. When they actually are... well, that's more like caution, isn't it?

"So you see where I'm coming from. You pop up, awfully conveniently... this is something I've expected the Corps to pull as a trap since day one. I don't trust people easily. Right now, I trust Jack, and Aeoni. Red, Leeland... you're currently earning the privilege of earning my trust. You two... you haven't even started. So before you take that first step down the long road towards my trust, you're going to have to tell me a few things. Partner. How long you've been with the Corps. What your role was. I know they send all agents out on field work at some point, even the ones like Cyberpunk without any actual useful powers. You're also going to have to come up with a good explanation of just how you met Red, and what you were doing when you came across him. Rosina, this all goes for you too, except that last one. I do recall seeing you at the "Let's All Kill Jacob Fomor" party. Oh... one last thing. You are going to break any and all electronics on your person. I will watch as you do this."

Jacob returned to the counter, and hefted the PC under one arm.

"Well? Until you go along with all that, we're going to wait right here. Or fight, but if you're not lying, we shouldn't have to come to that point, should we?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rwinrich on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:47 pm

Rosina laughs as he asks or demands that she answer every question about her and her role for the corps. "I've been in the corps for as long as I can remember it was a few years before Jack left as I recall. My role was more to survey and if needed I would jump in to bring it all to an end. Of course being that I can take on anyone I've seen it was quite easy for me to end it."

The smirk on her face didn't go away as she still had that side of her and now was one of those times when it came out. She didn't take well to demands which is why she answered pretty vaguely. "As for any electronics, I've already destroyed them back at your old apartment. If you want proof then just ask Red. I did crush it in front of him. Oh and another thing, don't make demands of me or you might end up regretting it."

Feeling that part of her coming out again wasn't something she liked as she was trying to gain their trust not keep her old reputation but what could she do about it, nothing.
Do something. Either lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

rwinrich
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Aeoni chuckled, rubbing at the previously healed shoulder "No matter how tough you are, there is always someone that can kick your ass Rosina so don't go sprouting of tough talk. Karma has a way of coming on back" And without a second glance at her, he simply turned away and took off the only electronic thing he had, "Jacob." Aeoni said "The only electronic thing i actually have is this Ipod, but it contains Jacks letter, do you want me to play it before i destroy it, or just destroy it?"

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:31 pm

"Don't bother, Aeoni. Yove been clean of Corps tech for what, a year now? I doubt they'll have any kind of trace on an antique like that." Jacob could feel the situation at hand slipping through his grasp. He'd been the de facto leader. After all, he'd set them all free. But now Rosina and Dorothy had come along, and that same tie of respect wasn't present. Well, there was more than one way to get people to listen.

"Rosina, I'm going to make this clear right now: if you're going to be following me, then you are going to listen to me. You may have been hot shit back in the Corps, but this is the world. You'd last a week, tops. If you want to strike out on your own, fine. Stupid choice, but I won't stop you. Or you can stick around and listen to the guy who's been doing this the past two years. Or you can try and kill me over injured pride, but that would go poorly for you. Rule of thumb: dual beats mono hands down. Everything clear?"

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rwinrich on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:17 am

Rosina didn't like Aeoni from the first moment she had heard of him so why should now be any different but she ignored him for the moment as he wasn't in charge so he didn't really have any say over her. She was very smug that what he said about her lasting maybe a week was completely off the mark. She knew she could last for as long as she wanted all by becoming someone else but she wasn't going to say anything.

"Yet the corps was able to find you because you went shopping for groceries. You know I will be a very good asset to you as I can become anyone I have seen. You could have me do all the outsider things without a care in the world. All I want you to understand is I don't take to demands, requests are fine as well as orders but don't demand anything of me. I have to admit it's good to be out of the corps and away from cyber. He is not an easy partner to deal with. As long as I am treated well then you won't have any problems from me."

rwinrich
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedHeadSamurai23 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:36 am

Red slammed his fist into a nearby table. the sound echoed throughout the mall.

"Would everyone just shut up!" Red yelled in a frighteningly calm voice.

"Rosina, just do what he says. And Jacob, keep your paranoia to yourself. Listen to us all! We haven't even been in the same room for more than ten minutes and we are already fighting against one another. If we can't learn to work together what makes any of us think that we can take on the corps. The most Organized Institution to date. Now lets all calm the hell down. Dorothy, Rosina, do as Jacob says." Red finished as he took out a small ear piece and smashed it. Then he took out a pair of headphones and an i Pod as well.

"Sometimes Aeoni, I miss the old tech of the world." He said before smiling and pulling a seat towards him and sitting in it.

RedHeadSamurai23
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Dorothy tightened her body when Jacob started cracking his knuckles. When he finished talking she couldn't help but to feel a small threat coming her way. "Dorothy Shield, 100%!" Dorothy's whole body grew a blinding white as she showed Jacob her ultimate defense. "I healed your friend and you still insist I am an enemy? I didn't need to heal him, now did I?" Her eyes were half closed in an angry glare as she continued ranting. "If I am too convenient, please let me know Mr. Please let me KNOW! You made it this far without my healing and protection so you sure as hell can go even further without me!"

Dorothy shook a bit when she heard a loud thud that seemed to vibrate through her whole body. For a moment, her concentration faltered and her shield dropped to 95% but she regained her hold and it grew back to full power. After listening to Red she sucked her teeth, unhappy with his words. "No. I will give you and Rosina-chan my services only."

Baby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rwinrich on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Rosina didn't like getting ordered around by Red either but she wasn't planning on doing the stupid thing and trying to fight over this so all she did was glare at Red for a moment before looking back at Jacob still not content. She was still going to keep her word about doing the shopping and such.

It was quite something to hear Dorothy say that she would only give her and Red her services as she didn't really have a good following both in the corps and out. "Dorothy it's nothing to worry about you can put your shield down. Do you have any electronics on you at all? Jacob, you really need to be a bit smarter around Dorothy as well as myself because if you want our support then just ask for it nicely. The only reason I am the way I am is because when I am backed into a corner or threatened I will fight back. Just remember, I'm not really the bitch that my reputation says I am."

rwinrich
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Dorothy nodded and dropped her shield. She fell to the ground, breathing heavy for a bit. Dorothy 100% was her best defense and had such amazing protection, holding 100% is like holding your breath while draining energy. A horrible experience indeed. She regained her breath and hid behind Rosina, returning to her coward like ways. "No Rosina. I do not own anything of the such."

Dorothy stuck her tongue out at Jacob, Rosina made it clear they weren't to fight, so she could at least be a baby about it.

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedHeadSamurai23 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Red walked up towards Dorothy. "Dorothy, please. I trust you, but they don't and I understand why Jacob wants to question you. It was convenient that you showed up right after Silvia had died. And from the look on his face I don't think he will take no for an answer. So please just do as he says for now. because if you don't I can't stop him from what he might do to you."

She could tell that he was concerned about her, but that he was serious. He then nodded at Rosina. Rosina always had the reputation of being a smart ass, but she was right, if she had to Rosina could be one of the biggest assets to this group.

RedHeadSamurai23
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:02 pm

"He can strip search me for all I care. But I refuse to back down on what I said. If he doesn't trust me, he can be ripped apart from head to toe, I will turn my head the other way and heal someone with a hang nail. Kill me if you want, but I am an asset to you. Now go on, douchebag. Interrogate me."

Dorothys gray eyes were wild and alert, mostly from her trying to regain her breath and energy without it being noticeable. Red wasn't getting the point, Dorothy was extremely prideful, whether she couldn't fight or not.
Last edited by Baby on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedHeadSamurai23 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:25 am

Red smirked a little at her. The girl had a fiery spirit, even though she couldn't fight, she stuck up for herself.

"So is that all someone has to do to get you to strip." Red spoke softly to her. he was standing in front of Dorothy right now looking down at the girl. He had to say something to lighten her mood. This meeting was turning sour quickly. So he figured it was something to make her laugh, or at least take her mind off of Jacob.

RedHeadSamurai23
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:44 pm

(Haha! Very funny :) )

Dorothy threw her head back and laughed HARD. That small joke threw her off her whole mood and because of that, it was ten times funnier. She walked over to Red, still laughing, and gave him a gigantic hug. "People like you make me not care about dying soon." Dorothy kissed Red on the cheek and grabbed the end of his shirt, still smiling happily to herself.

Baby
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!