Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

On The Summoninge of Entitae Malefic (How not to do it)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: On The Summoninge of Entitae Malefic (How not to do it)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gygsuelo86 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:15 pm

Arlynn was awake by dawn the next morning, anxious to continue on her journey to the mysterious Winstrom Vale. After paying for her stay and retreving her horse from the stable, she began her trek through the woods. After some time the weather became much cooler and Arlynn pulled out a gray cloak and wrapped it around her shoulders. She shivered. It was way too cold for her liking. She was from the west; a place where the weather was tropical and they had two seasons; wet and dry, and the clothing she was used to wearing was thin. The thought of where she came from made Arlynn think about her family. She was the oldest of three born to upper lower class parents who practiced healing magic. Arlynn had been the faithful and obedient daughter until recently, when she discovered that she had learned all that she could from her parents and was quickly exceeding them in ability. She then made the decision to leave her family and grow on her own; something her father wasn't too thrilled about. Eventually he caved and gave her his blessing. Arlynn pulled the cloak around her tighter. She missed her family dearly, but she knew that she needed to do this task. She needed to be herself and not her father.

A crackling in a bush nearby snapped Arlynn out of her little world and back to reality. She spun around in her saddle and looked in the direction of the noise. Something or someone was coming closer. Arlynn pulled out her bow and froze in place; her right hand poised over her quiver of arrows, waiting to whip one out if need be.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gygsuelo86
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:45 pm

"Stop shaking me! I'm awake! I was awake afore ye, you lout. Do I sense the delicate aroma of pepper?"

Tom did not so much roll out of his blanket as he did... unfold. With practiced ease, he took to his feet in a matter of seconds. He sniffed appriciatively at the scent, and smiled blearily at the tendril of smoke creeping in through top of the doorway.

"Ah, you made breakfast outside?"

Lavic did not give so much as an irritated sigh- his face was stone, as devoid of expression as it ever was. He climbed stiffly to his feet, wincing once as the minimal armor he typically wore dug into the small of his back.

"Never mind that... Sin, is it? Yes. Lord Winhab wants you. He's called all the students to assemble in the Red Sitting Room. I suggest you hurry- he's most upset."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:44 pm

"What? I made it here, in the fireplace!" Kaine said, pointing towards the small fire and visibly worried. Kaine pulled open the door, and saw that the surrounding foliage was ablaze. "No time for breakfast, run!" he yelled, dragging Tom out the door. Quickly opening the door of the stable, he led out their two mounts and leapt up to the saddle. "Ride Tom, ride as fast as you can. We're not giving up our destination, we're just planning to be there a bit sooner!" With that, Kaine kicked his heels, and his mount galloped off toward the storage shed.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:49 am

"Never mind that... Sin, is it? Yes. Lord Winhab wants you. He's called all the students to assemble in the Red Sitting Room. I suggest you hurry- he's most upset." said Lavic as he continued to walk after giving her the piece of information, and she grumbled under her voice, "that old man is always upset..." then she spoke louder suddenly snapping out of her taught of when Winhab had ever smiled before them... "I-I must hurry! Can’t keep Mr Big Shot.... um... Lord Winhab waiting! No time for breakfast!" she chuckled as she quickly went back into her room, grabbed the spell book which she borrowed and her weapon, the book have a cute bookmark of a chibi dragon in-between it's last few pages of it, apparently sin have been reading that book for a while now and she is planning to return that book this noon if she finishes reading it.

With that she hurried, turning right and left at various hallways, and finally reached a huge pair of red doors, opening the door, she spotted that most of the magelings were already there, they were however, staring at her with eyes of disgust, thinking how did this no named, no history, no background, girl get such a high recommendation from the council of the master mages, thinking that she might have casted some sort of spell on them to get her here.

sin however glared at them, as they returned back to staring at the front, sin makes her way to the last few rows of chairs behind the room and sat down in a corner, opened the book and started to read it, as she waits for the rest who are not here yet.

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkBallad939393 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:33 am

Fayte woke up and looked around studying the room, wondering what he'd have to do for this... Lord Winhab.
(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

GG Crono 4: "Aim for the crotch" is the best slogan ever.
GG Crono 4: For anything.
GG Crono 4: Ever.
GG Crono 4: In fact, existing products would be SO much better if they used that slogan.
GG Crono 4: "Wiffle Ball: Aim For The Crotch!"
GG Crono 4: "Lawn Darts: Aim For The Crotch!"

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:32 am

"Wait! Wait!" Tom shouted, mounting (with some effort, and nearly failing) his horse. "The the smoke extends up to the mountain! The storage house may already be ablaze, Kaine! Winhab might have dangerous... oh, ye gods, what is THAT?!"

As they exited the forest, they could see that the storage shed was, indeed, on fire. The graveyard next to it, however, was not. That didn't stop it from radiating a sickly green light, however.

"I see you are all here." Winhab notes, walking over to face the students, relying heavily on his cane. "It's nice you could all join me. Now then. Before your lessions start today, we're going to play a little game. It's called 'Someone has taken a rather valuable grimoire from me in the night while I was sleeping.' It is also called, 'I'll need that back or you all go back to the council tommorow without any of my spells.' It is furthermore known as 'I am not at all amused. That magic is quite deadly.'"

"Now. You will find it, or..."

Quite suddenly, a guard burst into the red room, nearly tripping over one of the benches.

"Sir! Lord Winhab!"

"Eh? I'm busy!"

"Sir! This is important! It's murder!"

Lord Winhab stopped and turned to the guard. "Murder."

"Yes, sir! It were Brinneg, the cook's boy! He's been.... he's been... torn apart, sir! Scattered about the kitchen!"

"HOW?"

"Magic!"

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Fayte heard shouting in another room and went to see what all the noise was about and he was Lord Winhab. Fayte leaned against the wall wondering if he'd get noticed or if he was just going to follow them undetected.

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:59 am

sin absorb all the information quickly as whispers from magelings to magelings filled the room, sin raised a hand and asked a question " the book 'I'll need that back or you all go back to the council tomorrow without any of my spells.' it would be better if you tell us the name of the book? As far as I know no books are named like that" sin said picking up the book that she was reading for the pass few weeks and Winhab didn't ask for any missing books during that time, she was quite sure it wasn't the book that she was reading, closing it in front of winhab she showed him the title of the book 'Dark arts of the flames' and she stood there staring into his emotionless eyes. “ is this the book you are looking for?”

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Winhab, who had been somewhat concerned by the news of magical murder, glared at Sin.

"No! Hardly a tome worth the time to look at the cover! I mean 'The Talons of the Skies', you foolish child! In inexperianced hands, that book is..."

"Murder." completed Lavic, walking into the sitting room. "The book is murder. And the alarms have been set off. Lord Winhab, we have demonspawn on the premises."

Winhab cursed eloquently. "Fie! Lavic, you know who all these dolts are! Who's missing?"

Lavic glanced over at all of the students, checking each one off on his mental list.
"Irvgard"

"Then there are demons on the loose and they've got a summoner. I will attend to this in person. You lot will follow."

Winhab swept off and turned down the hall, muttering.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:56 pm

"Tom, I'd stand back a bit, unless you have something to ward off demons," Kaine said. All of the characteristic joviality had left his voice. Reaching back behind his head, he hand locked around the grip of Demon Bane. He slid the glaive out of its sheath, his eyes never leaving the mysterious green glow. Flicking his wrist, the blades nestled within the two already visible slid out. The four curved blades glistened in the sunlight, daring whatever was making the glow to reveal itself. Kaine tossed Demon Bane into the air, catching it with its other hand. "Alright, whatever you are," he said, his personality quickly returning, "Why don't you stop hiding and come out to play?" Kaine's grip tightened, his arm muscles tensed. He was ready.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:48 pm

For a fraction of an instant, the glow wavered, radiating a sense of profound anger- which quickly turned to fear. Not fear at Demon Bane, or it's weilder, however. Rather, a vague purple radience was rising in the center of the yard, off a tall mausoleum, one carved of granite and frought with frescos and runes. With a sudden noise, a long howl, the green light fled into the tomb.

"Lookie there!" Tom said in delight (though without fear or awe, as would be expected), pointing at the top of the stone building. "It's one of them half-orb things from the purple sitting room!"

For another moment, the orb shone with a pure, pulsating light... then it began to dim. And crack.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:24 pm

(OOC: sorry my computer was out for a rather long time)

“Murder?” questioned sin as it’s name got her utter interest “and Ivguard? Impossible…” mumbled sin as Ivguard have always been one of the nicest man that she knew so far, he always took cared of her, she couldn’t…. believe what she just heard, “Ivguard a summoner? Im-Impossible” sin muttered as she followed behind Winhab, still not believing what she just heard, one of her so called considered friends just killed an innocent man? Sin shook her head in disbelieve as she finishes reading the last few pages of the tome… and discovered a spell of unknown powers, the reason why she was reading it, because… she found out that the book was… ‘Coded’ in a way… as she randomly flips the pages of the book and said out the following letters of the name of the spell “D-A-R-K E-M-P-H-A-S-I-S F-L-A-M-E, Dark Emphasis Flame?” she questioned as she flipped the book’s pages once again at random points stopping and re-reading parts of it.

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Fayte perked his ears as he listened to the conversation around the room picking up things not so important such as, "Someone's dead?", but he heard something interesting said by the girl who had asked if she had the right tome, "Irvguard a summoner? Im-impossible". Fayte walked over to the girl, "So you knew this Irvguard? Well, seeing as there isn't anything else going on" Fayte said as he glanced around the room, "Why don't you tell me about him, anything that might be helpful. Would you know anything like that?"

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!