Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Dojo

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Dojo

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Systemme on Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:49 pm

This is going the be the first roleplay I'm leading here, although I am experienced among other places. I don't really know the rules, regulations, and standards of the populous on these forums yet; but I'm going to try it out, so bare with me.

This roleplay will take place in (of course) a Dojo. In my definition a Dojo is a place where Martial Arts training takes place. In this case; ninja. However, these ninja are skilled beyond natural human capabilities. They can incorporate small amounts of magic and supernatural forces in their movements.

HOWEVER; I ask you not to take extreme advantage of this. There will be no permanent invisibility, "palm missiles", or extreme telekinetic godmodding (i.e.; enough to kill someone's character without their control) in this RP. This is not Mortal Kombat, people! Alright? Alright.

On to the setting...

Setting: We are situated in a remote, 2-part bamboo temple, taking place in a large yet undiscovered valley. Surrounding this valley is a mountainous tundra with little to no wildlife; and no 'commercial' living for hundreds of miles.
The weather is anywhere from scorching hot to 40 below, leaving the ground either dry or permafrosted, with greenery of sparse trees and spiny shrubs few and far between long poles of dry bamboo and wildgrass.
The 2 parts of the temple include "Kai" and "Jii", teaming up for the fortresses' name; Kaijii.
"Kai" is where the advanced and elite martial artists as well as the instructors reside. "Jii" is where anyone from beginner to mid-skill level will stay.

Now-- do not be ashamed to stay in "Jii". Not everyone is 'all-powerful' (though you can stay in "Kai" if you prefer, just trying to keep some balance). You CAN move up in the RPG, and if your character shows much struggle and improvement in their skills, it will be pretty easy for you.

I assume that this is understood, so I will continue to move on to my introduction on the next post. Good luck, and have fun! I'm looking forward to your stay.
I've come to realize..
with every little glimpse you fade

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Systemme
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Dojo

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PansyGirl13 on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:34 am

((OoC:I like the sound of this.Can I join?))
Friend stab you in the back and boyfriends stab you in the heart but best friends don't carry knives.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PansyGirl13
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf-Girl_Hikaru on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:19 pm

((OOC:Can i join? It sounds fun!))
Your tender and kind wolfie neighbor
Credit goes to Sophophobia!
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/atlantis-ooc-t7516.html
Join! We need more people!
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-flaw-computers-ooc-t7764.html
An awesome roleplay that needs more people! Join!
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/posessors-ooc-t7823.html
An interesting roleplay that involves spirits and souls! Join please!

Wolf-Girl_Hikaru
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:56 am

I want to join but can i be both teacher and student?
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiro-Tsuki on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:11 am

((ooc: Hey, this sounds fun. Can I join please? :D ))

Shiro-Tsuki
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loloth on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:20 am

((OOC-EDIT-Gah. I'd love to join but I'm not going to be able to get on :/ for a while))
Last edited by Loloth on Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loloth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Systemme on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Yes you may all join ^^ Profiles please?

Systemme
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:18 pm

Can you make a sheet first so wee know what to put in.

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Systemme on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Xersist wrote:Can you make a sheet first so wee know what to put in.

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:

Uniform:

Background:

Systemme
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:19 pm

(This isn’t my main guy, he’s just a char that I want to use from time to time.)
Name: Tenzo Phi’lin
Race: Southern Asian and Indian
Maritial Status: Married (if anybody wants to be with me that’s cool, if not that’s fine too)
Height: 6’0
Weight: 200
Eye Color: Slivery Blue
Hair Color: Black, that shaggily cups around the head, with short pony tail in the back.

Uniform: Wears a black sleeveless tunic that has the symbol of a bear’s head on the right shoulder, outlined in blue. Baggy Xhai Lin leggings.

Background: Born as a simple student, Tenzo has always lived in the Kaijii temple, was able to Reach Kai at the age of 13 a major feat for those who have trained at the Dojo. He is now one of the teachers at the school and wishes to help young minds, to become stronger and well as smarter.

Name: Kiden Trey Weatherford
Race: White and one third Asian
Maritial Status: single, and looking for love (That’s not me personally, thats just the char.)
Height: 5’7
Weight: 145
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Brown and some what Black, shaggy, mangey, and very unkept, You can always find a cowlick on his head somewhere.

Uniform: Just walking into the dojo he is wearing a White hoody and pair of blue jeans. Bought a Green headband cuss he thought he might need it and fingerless black gloves. Thinks that is what every Kung fu fighter does. (I know he’s stupid)

Background: A skater kid, who has gotten himself in trouble, Trey, as all his friend call him back home has been breaking the law ever since he learned how to skate. Now his parents have had enough. Trey’s mom knows that her father went to a Dojo in the far off lands of Asia, before he came to America. She said that it helped him become a man. Thinking that Trey will grow up, his parents have sent him off to the Kaijii Temple.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiro-Tsuki on Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:09 am

Name: Kuronami Yamaushiro (lit. Black Wave, Behind the Mountain)
Race: Japanese
Maritial Status: Single, she is indifferent to whether she is single or with someone.
Height: 5'8
Weight: 53 kg
Eye Color: Grey
Hair Color: Black

Uniform: Traditional Japanese Hakama (pants) and Gi (top). They are white and she has a white obi (belt). She carries her family's katana on her back, it has a dragon on the hilt.

Background: Kuronami chose to leave Japan and train at the Kaijii temple to improve herself. Her father is a tradtitional swordsmith and he still makes katanas for high-paying customers around the world. Her father comes from along line of swordsmiths and as so the family has trained in the ways of combat for years. Being his only child she decides she wants to continue this ancient lineage and is going to learn the ways to make a katana, but first must learn to use one and other martial arts.

Shiro-Tsuki
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanian on Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:38 am

Hey is this RP still going???

Zanian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PansyGirl13 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:20 am

Name:Kasumi Narasara
Race:Japanese
Maritial Status:she is engaged but came to the Dojo before she could marry.
Height:5"4
Weight:52 kg
Eye Color:emerald green
Hair Color:blackish blue

Uniform:Half-kimono that comes to just above her knees,over hakama pants and sandals. Has her hair up and a pair of fingerless gloves.

Background:comes from a small village in Japan.Every man in her family has trained in the Dojo and she has natural ability to fight.Her father sent her here and she is the first female in her famil to do so.

PansyGirl13
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Systemme on Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Name: Ash
Race: Human / White Demon
Maritial Status: Unknown
Height: 5 ' 7.25"
Weight: 125lbs
Eye Color: Irridescent Violet
Hair Color: White / Blonde

Uniform: Sculpted white leather bodysuit; thigh high boots, fingerless white gloves; gartered knives, and tipped darts.

Background: Ash was born as an experimental clone and stored in a cylinder of liquid chemical for six months. Three weeks before her expected release, her nervous system malfunctioned, causing a slew of murderous chaos. The confinement laboratory melted to the ground in a pool of acidic waste; self-caused, though she was mentally blank. A couple weeks later she managed to find refuge in her "parent's" home; the parents of her original counterpart.

Her childlife was relatively normal until the house was ambushed by a bribed mercenary. Too young to know better, and too confused to know her morals; Ash was forced to kill her adoptive parents and find refuge in the deceptive stranger. Unfortunately, she didn't. Not even a mile from her previous home he attempted to drown her in ice water, and haphazardly stab her below the shoulderblades. Though in a dying state; she unsheathed a katana from his back, and in a panic, proceeded to decapitate him.

The magistery then found her bleeding body on the snow, moving her by horseback into shelter. She spent the next 11 years of her life in their confines .. training in the field of arcane, and eventually becoming a sorcerress herself. At the age of 18, due to a traumatic childhood, she rebelled-- and was held hostage 2 more years in the secondary level of hell. She left her slaved position with a curse of the White Demon; returning to the world with no knowledge of realism whatsoever. To this day; she's still confused about it, the world, and herself; severely lacking in trust and emotionless in pain and murder. Will she ever find confidence in a seemingly ruthless world? We're yet to find out.

Name: Syndrom
Race: Human / Shadow
Maritial Status: Unknown
Height: Unknown
Weight: 0 - 1000lbs (depending on her state of being)
Eye Color: Deep Blue/Gray
Hair Color: Misty, Black

Uniform: Usually in a navy, draped velvet robe, tattered with damaged spots and holes.

Background: Syndrom isn't quite human. She isn't quite real, either. Nobody really knows anything about her .. and they usually don't bother to ask. What they do know is that her shadow form is incredibly cold and heavy; and that she's constantly watching someone, somewhere; no matter what the reason.

Name: Nitrode
Race: Human / Cyborg
Martial Status: None
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 275lbs (including hardware)
Eye Color: Neon Green
Hair Color: Black with Neon Green streaks

Uniform: A green lense with black hardware over his left eye, black metal plates covering the right side of his chest and some of his arm, black and neon green armor covering his lower body, and heavy; steel-toe boots.

Background: Nitrode gives off a menacing aura. When he walks on the street, people flock to the sides; giving him a sort of "tunnel" to walk through. They have the right idea at least. However; while he may be tall and very powerful.. he's one of the most kind and caring guardians ever known.
Though he may look young he's actually very wise; knowing of many "secrets" of the world. One of them includes Syndrom, a deity he has a secret bond with; as he's technically the only one who can catch her, not to mention just about the only being who really knows of her.

Name: Nova
Race: Human, distant Elf
Maritial Status: Single
Height: 6 ' 1.5 "
Weight: 165
Eye Color: White
Hair Color: Black with faded spectral streaks underneath

Uniform: Nova wears a tight black leather tunic and leather pants underneath a loose white robe. This gives him a very honorable look on top, but underneath he's ready for battle anytime. He stashes 3 daggers on a weapon's belt, as well as a very small pistol and a collapsable grappling hook.

Background: Nova is a martial arts instructor. He used to have a wife and child.. but after becoming so involved in his martial arts, he forgot about them and left them on their own. He's experienced alot in his life; mostly on the battlefield, and has many stories to tell. Along with his beautiful eyes, he has a kind heart, but often appears tough on the outside due to his scars of battle.
Nova often gives very good advice, and is a gifted teacher. He often teaches students after-hours and cares for them when they're injured. He's been an instructor for only a few years, ever since he was 18, but is one of the most to be looked-up at, even today.

Systemme
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Systemme on Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:58 pm

Just noting that yes, there is room for more characters to be added later, if need be.

I'm going to start the RP once I get the go-ahead from at least 1 or 2 of the posters, so hold tight!

:)

Systemme
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorki on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:53 pm

May i join? I'm actually in a Bujinkan class (the actual ninja stuff) So this looks pretty cool to me

Lorki
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PansyGirl13 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:31 am

((WHen's the RP actually gonna start?))

PansyGirl13
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:15 pm

(What time peroid is this? will there be just Tajuistu, or more along fighting magic? Is this Parareality or Real Fanasty? I didnt know the limits)

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 pm

Name: Glycerin
Race: Draken *half dragon, has the wings, claws and fangs*
Maritial Status: Single
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180
Eye Color: Red with a neon green outline
Hair Color: Mostly red, with sparks of dyed green

Uniform: Silver monk's robes with slits in the back for his wings, constantly wears wraps around his hands to keep his claws from cutting people.

Background: Mostly unknown, though at some point in his past he was injured during a fight with another Draken, leaving a long, brutal looking scar across his chest. This seems to be the motivation for him to join the Dojo, he wants revenge.

(is it okay im a draken?)
- http://www.roleplaygateway.com/under-the-white-sheet-ooc-sign-t26650.html -
Under The White Sheet - Vampire RP - We need serious, long posting, RPers! Join now!

Echo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Systemme on Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:43 pm

Xersist wrote:(What time peroid is this? will there be just Tajuistu, or more along fighting magic? Is this Parareality or Real Fanasty? I didnt know the limits)

It's fighting with the enhancement of magic. Not pure magic, though. Real/Fantasy, I would say it is.

I will post in a moment, thanks for your replies.

Systemme
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!