Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wrong Star War

Wrong Star War

a part of “Wrong Star War”, a fictional universe by Madame.

Rebels fighting the First Order are thrown back in time, to the Old Republic and the Clone Wars...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Wrong Star War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Wrong Star War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:01 pm

Yeah! Take Obi-Wan, and why not take R2-D2 too? We could have plenty of fun with that. I think the key to canon character playing is more consistency than actual to-the-book accuracy, because none of us really truly know besides the writer who wrote them. What we can do is pick a direction to take with them and go for it. Usually turns out pretty well

We do eventually I imagine, but we can assign things as we go if need be?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Madame
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:46 am

I suppose I can take on Anakin if nobody has strong feelings about playing him. I think I have enough context to get him right, but I can do some extra reading to make sure. Anyone else we should have?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:08 am

@Chrichton, Excellent!
Some of the Jedi masters would be nice would anyone like to take some up?
edit:
wrong-star-war-npcs-t100847.html#p2146916
it's up!

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:01 am

Oh, Anakin. Your dialogue in the prequels was... awful, just awful.

Anyway, I got Obi-Wan and little R2 set up in the NPC thread. I guess we'll not fuss with the villains for now. Could cross that bridge when we really need to.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrFoxTheOne on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:33 pm

Applying for either captain or co-captain, re-working the WIP app I had from the last incarnation of this RP.

Picture thing-

MrFoxTheOne
Member for 8 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Soon as we have Irwin finished I'll post the intro post and we can start!

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrFoxTheOne on Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:25 pm

He's done.

MrFoxTheOne
Member for 8 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:50 pm

I'm working on the intro post, but while I do that @MrFoxTheOne could you lower the Captain's age a bit? If he was a kid when the second death star was destroyed General Organa would no longer be alive and Jedi Master Rey would be very old as well. Perhaps 35 - early thirties? To keep things more plausible.

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrFoxTheOne on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Gotcha, I'm lowering it down now.

MrFoxTheOne
Member for 8 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:38 am

Is rpgateway being super weird and glitchy to anyone else? I keep getting a wall of code and I was pretty sure I had posted hours ago...

Oh well. Go see if you guys can see a post up in the posts tab now.

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrFoxTheOne on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:23 am

The post is showing normally for me, at least.

MrFoxTheOne
Member for 8 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:36 am

I see it there too, and before I couldn't even access the tab.
Also the links are transitioning pretty smoothly so I think I'm in the clear as far as weirdness going on.

That was annoying!

Since we're both here MrFox want to make a joint post? Do you have time for some writing on the pad?

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:12 am

First post is up. Sorry if I jumped the gun a bit, but I thought I might as well break the ice. Myra's good at that. Breaking things, I mean.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:35 am

Your post was perfect Byte! I knew I'd like Myra.

the writing pad I made is below, not sure where to put it but I've bookmarked it so if anyone needs the link again feel free to just ask. Hopefully this pad thingy works out well!

https://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/Idiots_in_Space

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:49 am

I've never really used a writing pad before and may need some direction, but I expect I'll catch on quickly.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HolyJunkie on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:29 pm

What kind of ship is the Starbird?
Purple haze, runnin' through my brain. Lately, things don't seem the same.

HolyJunkie
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:40 pm

You'd have to ask MrFox, as that'd up to him really, also the name is changeable. I gave a rather generic one and named it after the insignia of the rebellion

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:05 pm

*hastily changes the name to the Thousand Year Albatross*

But seriously, I think the name's pretty rad. It simple and believable, and probably a fitting name for a ship carrying people who're basically acting as an envoy to recruit more people for the alliance.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madame on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:28 pm

maybe the Starbird is what gives the future rebels their idea for their insignia

Madame
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrFoxTheOne on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:58 pm

After some research, I've decided to have the Starbird be a U-Wing ship.
Spoiler: show
Normal
S-foils in attack position

The Rebels use them, and they can carry multiple passengers. They're used for transport and combat support, and definitely tough enough to take on any threat that attacks our daring heroes.

And they look great, which is always important.

MrFoxTheOne
Member for 8 years
Author Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!