Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dino?!

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: Dino?!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Cloning dinos?! SWEET!!

It would be very cool to see dinosaurs in real life. However, the possibility of them ripping your arm off and picking their noses with it would be rather disheartening, and may indeed take some of the thrill out of the matter. But what if they were in cages? But what if Jurassic Park? But what if what if what if?

We could go in circles with this, but the fact of the matter is...the dinos might not live long enough to eat a straggling grandmother and make us all regret the decision to clone ;^; Because the earth has changed a LOT from their time, and the plants and animals that they used to snack on are pretty much gone...their tummies and lungs and junk might not be adapted to survive in our world :( So we'd have to get that figured out before raising raptors to go eat South America-I mean-to be loyal seeing eye dinos for blind kids. That would be sweet.

I like dinosaurs.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:27 pm

I want a pet Pteradactyl. NOW mommy, NOW!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:43 pm

LOL!! I nearly fell out my chair. XD
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azuriel on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:44 pm

Let them make all the clones they want. If the Dino's get out of hand and start killing massively...
i will personally call CHUCK "FRIGGEN" NORRIS

No Dino can withstand the roundhouse kick to the face
>=0
*ninja kick*
Aerodynamically; The BumbleBee shouldn'y be able to fly. The Bumble Bee doesn't know that.

My First egg... Help me out

Azuriel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:53 pm

When Chuck Norris does a push up, he doesn't push himself up, he pushes the Earth DOWN.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azuriel on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:56 pm

bahaha
i think thats the only one i havent heard
:D

Azuriel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sangheili Pride on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:58 pm

I want a T-rex War Mount with Velociraptor footsoldiers.

Sangheili Pride
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ultimate523 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:33 am

I think they should do it. Like all animals, they will act differently depending on how they're raised. If they're raised to get used to humans and not kill them, then they probably won't. Of course when they figure out we are edible, who knows? I have a feeling our meat kinda sucks though. Maybe I'll try it sometime. But it also depends on what dinosaurs and where they put them. For example a Tyranosaurus Rex in New York or some big city in China would NOT be a good idea. For those who could survive, Antarctica would be a possibility. Although that would ruin my Antarctica invasion plan. I still think they should try cloning them. It might not even be the dinosaur DNA.
"You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want."
Zig Ziglar

ultimate523
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azuriel on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:10 am

im all for it... this world needs something a little more "interesting" :D

Azuriel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:16 am

No matter how well you train an animal they will always have that animal instinct. Remember the white tiger incident?

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azuriel on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:19 pm

Myrin wrote:No matter how well you train an animal they will always have that animal instinct. Remember the white tiger incident?

yes but... there were two guys who bought a tiger, they raised it till teenage years... they had to let him go, years later they went, to go visit him... the tiger ended up having a family, he had his own pride thing or whater... he was completely wild at that time... the guys went up... after years, the tiger still remembered and never attacked... just walked up like they never seperated
awwww epic

Azuriel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Say there is a God, he has given man the ability to think and judge. No other living creature other than man has these abilities. Why is it, man should be disallowed to use these abilities? [/Descartes]

Anyway, as for the dinosaurs. I strongly doubt it would be dangerous. I mean, it's not like they're gonna clone a dozen of T-rex right at the start anyway. My bets are that if they succeed, they're going to study that single dinosaur's behaviour and that will keep them busy for the coming year. After that we'll discuss if they're doing a similar experiment with a 'natural enviroment', the impact of secondary cloning processes and Jurassic park.
Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:12 pm

obviously kestrel is right but stop raining on our parade with your common sense. It is more fun to blow things out of proportion. Of course we are playing god but gentic sceientist actually know what they are doing half the time. Even if we did somethign completely stupid. A Tryansuarus rex or spinosuarus would fall under the iron fist of human technology, we are talking about dinosaurs not godzilla.

On another note the last time I checked human skin taste like peanut butter with a hint of urine and I have heard our muscle tissue aint that hot either. One the reasons our more primative ansestors evolved was due to their foul tasting flesh and the number of animals that enjoy human flesh is not as large as one would assume.
Last edited by albel cigaro on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DO NOT WANT ...my post to be rated.

If you feel like critiquing any post that I make please do it though PM as I find it much more informative than a simple number

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 pm

I don't really see what the harm is. And it would be interesting to see how dinosaurs really worked.

I think it's also worth pointing out that many geologists belive that Earth's atmosphere had far more oxygen than our modern atmosphere. It's possible that a cloned dinosaur would just choke when taken out of a controlled enviroment.

An even greater difficulty is disease. Dinosaurs were adapted to the bacteria and viruses of millions of years ago. Those disease-carrying microbes have been evolving for millenia, and the dinosaurs will have no immunity to them. Look at Native Americans and smallpox; it would be the same deal, but far more extreme.
Myrin wrote:O.0 Raptors still exist today in theory. It's thought that they have changed to ostriches or however that's spelled. Those birds who hide their heads in holes.

A. Velociraptors and utahraptors are not raptors. They are named after raptors because their skeletons bear a slight resemblence to raptors--actual raptors being the family that most large predatory birds belong to (eagles, hawks, vultures, et cetera)

B. Even if velocipators and utahraptors evolved into ostriches, then ostriches are now a completely different species and no longer raptors anyway.

Myrin wrote:I honestly think it will get out of hand. People can't control everything. We can barely control ourselves. To attempt to cage a wild animal is a laugh.

First: I honestly don't think it will ever happen. There is not enough intact DNA. Second: people cage wild animals (and each other) all the time.

Azuriel wrote:Of course it would get out of hand. All new things do.

Nuclear weapons. They were used once. Then everybody realized how dangerous they were, and no one has used them since. If we can control the power to incinerate cities, then we can control some big stupid animals that probably won't live very long anyway (clones rarely do).
Cloaked_Schemer wrote:I personally think that's a bad idea. Do they actually think they could control these monstrous creatures? If so, they're out of their fecking minds.

However, it would be interesting if we could train them for warfare purposes. We'd rape everybody =3

If you have a gun, you can kill a dinosaur. It's also unlikely that they could be trained to differentiate between friend and foe. A dinosaur would be no more usefull on the battlefield than a big wolf.

albel cigaro wrote:Now this gives some wired ideas about how cloned raptors would eventually be used in other kinds of gentics experiments. At best this could a end up with the planet earth being inhabited by velicoraptors/human hybirds that would coexist with us. :) at worse for the human race we would just be horiblly slaughted as soon as the velicpators adapt or perhaps even go though a complete evolvution to match their new enviroment. I personaly want to raise a baby cloned raptor so that i may potentially be accepted as part of their pack.

First: There's not a snowball's chance in Hell that a velociraptor and a human could produce a viable offspring. Second: what makes you think a velociraptor is more adaptable than a human? They're extinct, after all, and we're without doubt the most adaptable vertebrates of the modern era.
Azuriel wrote:Raptors are beast. and smarter than us. In some ways.

What (besides Jurrasic Park) makes you think velociraptors were smarter than us? They had larger brains than us, yes, but so do whales. That extra brain capacity could've been used to stay concious while sleeping or something stupid like that, for all we know. Besides, we have technology and they didn't.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:10 pm

Village Alchemist wrote:First: There's not a snowball's chance in Hell that a velociraptor and a human could produce a viable offspring. Second: what makes you think a velociraptor is more adaptable than a human? They're extinct, after all, and we're without doubt the most adaptable vertebrates of the modern era.

1 Note that I mentions freak gentic experiments not interspecis sex. Expirmants that probaly could only be possible within centuries.

2 I am quit aware thaey we are the most veristile specis to wlak the earth even if our extiction may not be so far away considering what we are doing to the evirorment.

However that post and this one and the one before are me jsut spouting utter nonsense that only amounts febble attempts of entertaining myself and others. Nothing that I say should be taken seriously by anyone unless it is in character. Considering that I mentioned having a dino-saur as a pet that would have made this obvious.

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:40 pm

albel cigaro wrote:However that post and this one and the one before are me jsut spouting utter nonsense that only amounts febble attempts of entertaining myself and others. Nothing that I say should be taken seriously by anyone unless it is in character. Considering that I mentioned having a dino-saur as a pet that would have made this obvious.

Oh. All right. Sorry.

In that case, I'm definately gonna' learn to ride one and become a bandit!

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:24 pm

I love Doctor McNinja
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:29 pm

Irish Wolf wrote:I love Doctor McNinja

Well of course! He's everyone's favorite zombie-slaying Irish-American ninja who is also a doctor!

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:13 pm

*Facepalm* No shit. Of course they're not Raptors anymore, that's what evolution is, right? Change? If not, then are we still monkeys? *throws silly strings* And to make it clear I was talking about Velociraptors. Apparently dinos have feathers, not scales. o.o

Shat if someone sold Dino DNA? Then what?

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:13 am

Then musea with fossils of dinosaurs should lock down to protect their property before it becomes a popular trend.

It is kinda awkward to see how silliness in general is being accepted in this topic where as realistic points of views are not. Please move the topic to this sub-forum.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!