Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rozwell's ART *Updated...When I draw Stuff*

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Re: Rozwell's ART *UPDATED OCT. 2 ,2008*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:39 pm

I think you're doing a great job, Roz! I think you're placing the navel too high, however. If you map out the structure of the abdomen more thoroughly, a few errors (like the navel) will be easier to spot. Consider these. The mannequins on the far left and far right have this big empty area from the navel, down. Don't do that. The second mannequin on the left is more accurate. Also, watch where the trapezius muscles connect on the shoulders of the middle two mannequins. I mention this problem further down.

Watch where the pectoral folds under the arm (below the shoulder.) Too high, too many folds. Just use a few refs for that area. It can be hard to envision--believe me, I know.

Also, the neck and head do not match these great bodies. Too slender, with a very wonky sternocleidomastoid muscle and adams apple.

Your trapezius muscles are too close and high, for the breadth of the shoulders. Basically you've drawn the body of a 25 year old with head and neck of a 12 year old. Luckily you're still just producing studies, so keep practicing! It's so great to see you honing your fantastic skills!
Last edited by ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: GRAWR TYPOS
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:01 pm

.....Whatever all of that means lulz

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:15 pm

Good thing the advice was not for you, then. ;) While nothing in that post was particularly complicated, it's a really involved bit of work when one properly critiques. Roz'll understand, right darlin!?

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Well i could use advice on my Dragon artwork.....unfortunately it is stuck In a glass case in My schools Art class... and I don't know how to Get them onto this site...i can scan but i can't attach XP....i draw freeform and With a mechanical .5 lead pencil....I'm very decent at shading and So far i have 3 finished drawings.....

A sea Dragon
A Twilight Dragon
And a Music Dragon (In That Order)

I Am excellent at Drawing Wings, Neck/tail spikes, Tails in general
I Am Decent At Bodies, and scales
I Need some help with heads and Limbs... After Many Edits I can fix them though...

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:51 pm

Well, as this is someone else's art thread, I'd prefer not to chat about your art in it. xD But as far as posting images on the site, you'd need to host the drawings on a 3rd party website like photobucket, or perhaps open an art gallery at a free gallery site such as Deviant Art. Then you would post the image url surrounded by image brackets, as shown in the edit options at the top of every post you make.

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:38 pm

Good Point ThatsnotPoetry and I'm sorry if I offended you Rozwell... Ok so I need to Put them On DeviantArt/Photobucket? Alright I don't Have an account But i'll do what I can..... And as for art you could PM me suggestions i guess.....And so could Rozwell that Dragon she drew was awesome!

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Roz i just got the trail for Photoshop, I like it so far, its just that Im frustrated that I can't draw anything XC

I need a board and stencil, NO! XD. I would love to draw and show what I can do, but with out it, Im stuck.
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:51 pm

lol, don't worry, Riikano, i'm not offended. Thanks Poetry! I do understand what you mean XD!

I did a comic! I drew it in SketchBookPro so its is crappy lines and colors XD

If you don't get it, I work 10-11 hours 5/7 days a week...

And because It is Halloweeny, They are monsters! I'm the blue-ish and Vex is the red-ish! D says 'duh' lollers.

Rozwell
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Teehee it made me laugh! MOAR COMICS.

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:23 pm

That was good. XD

Really funny. Need to do more. Im surprised at myself, I found the lizard lady appealing XD,

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:37 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOL DO YOU KNOW WHAT I THOUGHT THE SECOND I SAW THAT FIRST PIC? I THOIUGHT IT WAS GOING TO bE rOZ AND VEX GETTING SERIOUS! SERIOUSLY ROZ DON'T PLAY THAT TRICK ON GUYS THAT'S NOT FUNNY!

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:17 am

Lmfao, Roz. You is a silly, sexy woman. Love the monster pik-charz. You should draw one of you and me as monsters. But it won't be a joke with us. WOOT WOOT.

Seriously, though. You're so good at this stuff, and are getting better. Sure, your male has some rough patches, but good lord, you should see what mine look like when I attempt to draw them. You the woman.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Rozwell's ART *UPDATED EVERY WEEK*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:01 pm

So, I've decided to develop the monster girl I drew last. Tell me what you think so far.

Her lower proportions are WAY off in this, that is because I cannot show the full sketch publicly >.<
I can show you the full sketch if you want but you will have to PM me to get it! I need crits on the full thing, like always, but only if you want to see it! You have been warned :3

Rozwell
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:09 pm

(covers eyes,) some body tell me if this picture is ok, I'm afraid I might see something I might regret. XD

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:16 pm

Xersist wrote:(covers eyes,) some body tell me if this picture is ok, I'm afraid I might see something I might regret. XD

LOL! Your OK, Xer! I erased the "naughty" bits.

Rozwell
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:21 pm

HAhaaha. thats all I can do lol. (I can let my eyes see Lizard Vagoo)' XD

Boy I thought I would never write that in a post XD

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AliceInWonderland on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:27 pm

The left breast is a little off. The flap you drew to show how *ahem* full she looks unnatural. A large breast wouldn't flow over as much. Another thing is she looks a little pudgy. I didn't know if this was what you were going for or not. Where the top wraps around the back, you have another bulge of tissue and it makes her look more fat rather then, shall we say blessed? Or well-endowed? Meh, whatever. Nice though, I wouldn't mind seeing the full pic though.
(21:15:34) Twilight_Maiya: Alice: I wanna be ya bottom chick o_o demote Saken

AliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:32 pm

I wonder what she needs them for, Ive never heard of lizard people vreast feeding XD, sorry my thoughts are just in the toilet right now.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:04 pm

LOL I have no idea, Xer.

Thanks Alice for the crits! She is supposed to be kinda deformed because she isn't human-like. I wanted her to look a little pudgy but not by much so i'll try to fix some things up! And yeah, her boob is kinda weird, I just noticed lollers

Rozwell
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:00 am

Gasp! I love her fingers!

Just keep an eye on the bottom of her ribcage. The curve and place are incorrect. I know it's just a sketch, but I figure if I point out anatomical errors to you in the beginning, it'll be easier to notice those mistakes and improve on them in the future! :3

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!