Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legend Of Zelda RPG

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Legend Of Zelda RPG

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:07 am

[quote="Blindsite"]Hmm is Gerudo considered a seperate race or just an occupation?[/quote
Since they don't resemble any of the other races (they resemble....humans.....wierd, ain't it?). And they have their whole "One male is born every 100 years," thing going, I would say they are their own race.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:26 pm

I agree, the Gerudo will be a race. But remember they are compatible with hylians, in the procreation sence. It is essential, to keep their numbers up, that they find Hylian mates.

As for monsters, We will have only limited amounts of them. They will mostly be NPC'S. Though the leaders of each can be playable, such as a Moblin Warlord. (we will use a combination of monsters from twilight princess, Windwaker and OoT.) People who wish to be monster leaders should contact me first! They will be assigned.

We will put out a list of all available races.
Pathetic little fool! Do you realize who you're dealing with?
-Ganondorf-

And so... You must be silenced!

What does not kill you only makes you stronger, or puts you into a diabetic coma.
-Lord Validrir

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shronian
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Here is the un-official list of playable characters
Main Characters: (pm me for the use of these characters)
Ganondorf- Taken
Zelda (Sheik)- Taken
Rauru- Sage of Light- to be assigned
Saria- Sage of Forest (Kokiri)- t be assigned
Darunia- Sage of Fire (Goron)- taken
Ruto- Sage of Water (Zora)- to be assigned
Impa- Sage of Shadow (Sheika)- to be assigned
Nabooru- Sage of Spirit (Gerudo)- to be assigned (will be turned into an Iron Knuckle.)

Secondary Characters: (first come first serve, also PM me for use of these characters.)
Malon- Farmgirl
Talon- Malon's Father
Ingo- Ranchhand who takes over the ranch.
Mido- "Leader" of Kokiri
King Zora

Monsters: To be assigned (PMme for use of these characters)
King Stolfos- taken
Moblin Warlord- big gaurds of Forest Temple in OoT
Bokoblin Captain- Wind Waker
Bulblin Chieftan- green enemies in Twilight princess.
Wizzrobe Shaman
Lizalfo Lord- Is technically a Dinolfo, but rules over both
Iron Knuckles

Races:
Hylian- peoples or soldiers
Gerudo
Zora
Goron
Kokiri- remember, they do little to no fighting.
Sheika

We will be starting this RP sometime this weekend (hopefully!)
Last edited by Shronian on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:59 pm

Shronian wrote:Kokiri- remember, they do no fighting.

The fact that Link aquires a "Kokiri Sword" early in the game would seem to indicate otherwise.

Unless of course that sword was only meant to be used to cut grass and get Rupees out of it.
Last edited by Village Alchemist on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 pm

Haha good one VA, yeah I'm sure the Kokiri DO fight but only when it's necessary, like say the forest is being attacked or the Great Deku Tree is attacked btw PM sent for Zelda/Sheik

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:02 pm

That may be true, but it seems to me that the kokiri do nothing but hide in their forest.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blindsite on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:49 am

We only saw a short portion of their history. And remember for the most part they're protected by the Great Deku Tree, or later the Great Deku Sprout, but when that isn't available what would they do? Remember they're, for all intents and purposes, eternally children so of course they'll run and hide when something big and bad comes after them but even a kid will fight when he has to. I think the whole pacifism thing was just a result of the current cultural stability combined with the fact that they had to stay inside the forest. When evil starts popping up it seems reasonable that at least SOME of the Kokiri will try and resist, or at least put up some kind of defense. After all during these 7 years they no longer have their guardian spirit to protect them and must therefore rely upon themselves for a change.

Blindsite
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:06 am

Yes, this is true, but I meant that they will not be involved in any major battles. 9 yaer old children have no use in battles against Ganondorf.

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blindsite on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:39 am

Hmmm true still would be kind of cool to have a band of Kokiri ambush some soldiers that dared enter the forest or something. --- "Hey who's pelting us with Deku seeds!" "Ahhh get them off me! Get them off!" *Flit JAB* "Nooo my eyes!" --- Hehe sorry, just had to throw that in. I can and will expand that into a full fledged battle scene if anyone was interested in what was actually going on inside my head.
In other news: I'm rather torn as to which sage I'd like to play. Was kinda bouncing between Impa, Ruto and Darunia... actually Nabooru might be really fun too. We don't really see much of her in the game and her character is in a single word sexy. I mean yes she's physically attractive (most video game females are) but she's also independant and assertive, if not all out aggressive. She's inquisitive and determined but not above using guile and manipulation to achieve her own ends (case in point Link in the Spirit temple). Yeah I could probably go on about her character based on observed and extrapolated behaviors but suffice it to say she's sexy. This is not to say I couldn't do the same for the others its just Nabooru has a very small part in the actual game so people don't actually think about her much.
But heres a question: What do sages do? I mean they're busy guarding the temples but what exactly does that entail? Are the various temples constantly under attack. Hmm actually never mind. At this point in the story most, if not all, of the sages don't realize what they are so they'd probably go about their regular lives. Remember Link has to awaken them in the future. (Omg I'm so going to hook up my n64 and play zelda after this.)
Ok I'm just going to stop here. To sum up: Kokiri raiders would be funny and awsome. Bit conflicted over which sage to play (now that i've thought about it Nabooru might actually be fun. Although...), if any; I might end up using a regular guy. And although I'm pretty sure I've got a solid understanding perhaps the question of what is the state and duties of these characters during this time frame should be clarified. You know, just so there is absolutely no confusion in the future.

Blindsite
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:11 pm

A laps in the memory of my esteemed friend, Shronian, has caused a problem. Nabooru has been captured by Koume and Kotake, thus being turned into Iron knuckle. Nabooru's character would be Iron knuckle durring this seven year span. Thus she would be one of ganondorf's greater servants. Also, Shronian has asked me to tell you that there will be a couple iron knuckles. These monolithic beings, having once been people, will take up their old identity once defeated. They will however in the time of their servitude to ganondorf, be like his generals and elite gaurds. So if you desire to be one of the iron knuckes, please send a request to shronian, via PM with your take on how the character should be played, and who they were prior to becoming iron knuckle.

P.S. a more detailed list of speacial characters will be posted. It will have descriptions of exactly what they are.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:54 pm

I have decided that I will take the position of the Stolfos King. However, he is not a stolfos. He controls the undead creatures. (stolfos, redead, gibdos, ect.) He will look very similar to the picture on my profile.

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:23 pm

I applied for Zelda/Sheik you have to PM Shronian with a reason and a sample

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blindsite on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:19 pm

You know I've been thinking, not all the events that we discover as adult link have to happen at once during the 7 years. Like we don't know when Nabooru gets turned into an Iron Knuckle, or when Zora's Domain is frozen over, or when Darunia's son is born. Basically we know a ton of stuff HAPPENS but its not written in stone WHEN or HOW it happens. Like i doubt Gannondorf went around in a day and bent the entire kingdom of Hyrule to his will. It would take time and that's something we can use for plot thickener. So maybe as well as characters we should list known events that need to take place. P.S. Heres an idea. What if Nabooru went on the run and wasn't turned until the very end. I mean she might have been the second in command but she doesn't seem evil. So perhaps she tried to pull off some kind of rebellion and that's WHY he turned her into an IK. If I'm missing a few details of known storyline then let me know but from what I can remember and know that seems plausible... and a nice way to exercise her character. I mean she is the sage of spirit after all.

Blindsite
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:46 pm

I wholely support the idea of Nabooru starting some sort of rebellion--I always assumed she did when I played the game.

I think however, that Ganandorf would deal with the Zoras and Sheikas almost immediately, as they were effectively vassals of the King.

The Kokiri Forest would probably be the last thing he'd be concerned about, given its obscurity and neutrality.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Validrir on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:22 pm

Ok this is all comming together quite nicely. But i think we need to get down to brass tacks. Lets all put a post telling who we will be in the story so that Shronian will know aproximately how many and who will be playing. Also, Tell your friends on the site about this, we will need some more people.

Lord Validrir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Things will play out as Lord Validrir sees fit. After all, he is Ganndorf, these are his plans.

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Hey, Shrone. As long as I can be a sort of necromancer who is responsible for the redead and gibdo, I am soooo in. Maybe some sort of chancellor to the king whom Ganandorf put into power?

Too bad we couldn't throw Majora's Mask into the mix, though Termina is a whole 'nother universe.
:D
Ganandorf always needs some cronies, right?

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:46 pm

You could be a general under my command Jakob. I have no problem with that.

Shronian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:43 pm

YAH! totally want to be a zora.

Himros
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:15 am

Well, the happy mask shop man DOES travel between worlds.

What do you think of throwing the mask in there?
It gets sent to Termina after Ganandorf gains complete control.

Oh, my character's name will be Knave, a corrupt Hylian.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!