Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Nottori High School: THE ROLEPLAY TO END ALL ROLEPLAYS!

a topic in Nottori High, a part of the RPG forum.

The forum for the one and only OFFICIAL Nottori High School roleplay. No cheesy lame imitations accepted. >=O!

Nottori High School: THE ROLEPLAY TO END ALL ROLEPLAYS!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:09 pm

At one glance at the exterior, one would probably assume that Notorri High was just your normal run-of-the-mill high school situated in Tokyo. The gates surrounding the acreage? As plain as possible. The grass out front? Normal and cut to usual size. The classrooms and all the materials? Precisely what one would expect at any secondary school.

And, of course, the staff and students must all be the very definition of convention, right? Nothing strange at all about the Nottori High Senior Girls' lifting club, whose members routinely bench press somewhere in the neighborhood of 2100 pounds. One handed. No, nothing strange about that at all. Of course, there's also the slightly-better-than-average the school football team, the Nottori Wandering Samurai. I mean, what team these days doesn't have a star quarterback who can lift solid objects with nothing more than his thoughts? And we can't forget about the school's Aikido team, ranked first in the nation and whose ten senior members comprise the world's top ten highest ranked. And we need not even recall the fact that the school's slowest sprinter can run a modest .3 40-meter dash. Yeah, a quick walk through the insides of the place affirm every assumption that the outside implies: That it is 100% normal in every single sense of the word. I mean really, it's not like the students are being fed, taught, and more or less bred to form super soldiers that the Japanese government eventually intends to take over the world with...right?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Enter the absolutely warped creation of sleep deprivation, too much anime, and general boredom with the state of roleplaying these days. Enter Nottori High School, a place that seems just too good to be true, too amazing to be real, and far too ridiculous an idea for anybody to ever take seriously. A place where the realm of rational roleplaying takes an enormous quantum leap into the world of absolute madness. If you've stuck with me this far, great. That means there's a chance that maybe, just maybe, you'll be able to find a home within the ranks of students, staff, and all other characters that we're hoping to have make Nottori High School the most epic, exuberant over-the-top and out-of-this-world roleplaying experience EVER. GOT THAT? O_O

The Synopsis:

Set in a completely alternate universe more or less mirroring our own, one country stumbled upon an enormous technological breakthrough that offers the potential to lead to a new utopian future for society - they've discovered the secret to genetically engineering pre-existing beings into certain paradigms that used to be things of science fiction and fantasy. That country? Why, the islands of Japan, of course. And that breakthrough? The scientists have termed it RXA - the Radical Extreme Augmentation drug, a drug which has been kept completely in secret thus far from the rest of the globe at large and whose effects linearly increase the user's strength, speed, and awareness until they reach a certain peak level. And RXA also has one side-effect - it just so happened to gift the user with telekinetic abilities. So naturally, said scientists, in league with the government of Japan, have allied together to take the most obvious course of action in such a situation: distribute the drug to a high school full of students for the purposes of growing them into perfect fighting specimens that will later be used to conquer the rest of the known world and beyond. Sounds like a reasonable plan, right?

Unfortunately for the government and their plans, there's something of a storm brewing beneath the surface. Known only to a few scientists who have done there best to cover it up, a handful of students were shot with an experimental version of the RXA drug, an earlier copy with a vastly different effect that the science nerds were trying to keep from happening - it creates an exponential increase in the user's strength, speed, and awareness. And these students didn't just get the 'telekinesis' that the others got. They all were given completely different arbitrary gifts, some even so far as to contain enough power to ANNIHILATE THE KNOWN UNIVERSE! O_O - But that's the least of this government's worries. Unfortunately for them, a few of these 'special students' have started to get awfully curious as to just why all their school supplies, funding, and sponsorships are from the Japanese government..

The Rules

Okay, this might sound somewhat mean and exclusive at first, but yeah, we're holding this RP up to a certain standard of sheer awesomeness that requires all participants A) write clearly and actually know how to spell and use proper grammar and B) know the boundaries and don't step out of them here. Sure, this is supposed to be a crazy ridiculous roleplay, to the point where things like godmodding would be next to impossible - see above point about "ANNIHILATING THE KNOWN UNIVERSE! O_O" - but that doesn't mean at all that it's anything-goes-do-what-you-want. Keep it within the constraints of the roleplay and all that usual jazz. Absolutely NO KILLING at all. As in none. Ever. Well, maybe eventually. But for now, no. And no bunnying or controlling things or anything that more or less is going to ruin it for everybody else.

These rules should be obvious, but in far too many cases, people can't seem to follow them, which is why we're going to require samples of work with submitted potential character profiles (In this here thread) just more or less as a formality so that we can be assured that you know what you're doing. Samples should be PM'ed to me.

Other than that rambling and whatnot, the official thread will be up soon, so sign-ups are going to be taken much with a much more welcoming attitude for the next few days or so up until then.

Oh, and on another note - this roleplay is across both forums and IRC chat. So if you'd like to join us for the fun fast interactive stuff in chat, check out #NottoriHigh on irc.surrealchat.net

Edit: Almost forgot. What's wanted in a character profile? Basic biographical information for starters, (Name, age, appearance, etc. Note that there's also a bottom age limit considering this is a high school), then what role you intend them to play - student, staff, etc. It's also be great if we could get a little background too.

Edit: THE OFFICIAL RP THREAD.
Note: Depending upon the interest in this story and the number of characters we might get (Considering it's already looking like a dozen want in), there's a chance that this thread will be moved and Nottori will get its own forum for all this to take place in. ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Nottori High School: THE ROLEPLAY TO END ALL ROLEPLAYS!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:56 pm

Okie important piece of information here!!! I thought I should point out that this rp is suppose to be like a high school (in a way). So the point is this, we're in different grade levels. For example: Freshmen with freshmen, sophomore with sophomores, juniors with juniors and seniors with seniors, which means we wont all be in the same classes.

Now WAIT JUST A MOMENT! That doesn't mean everyone should change their character profiles to be the SAME thing as everyone else, no no no. We want the different grades and the different rooms and so forth. It brings more to the story, so please be aware of who is in the same room with you and what grade another character is in and so forth. PLEASE!! Also there are four lunch periods in all, and my guess is it would be from freshmen first to senior last or something along those lines. So be very careful with where you go.

Also it would be nice to have some characters play the bad guy role, if someone wouldn't mind? I think there are too many heros XD Of course tis your choice but just saying WE NEED MORE EBIL PPLZ PLZ!!! :D

And one more thing... BOOK IS SO AWSOME AND HE'S LIKE OMGZORS HAWTS!! I LUVS YOUS!! XOXOXOX Paige.

Any questions, comments or whatever should be directed to this topic and so forth. Much lovez! :D
Bai Bai bby

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:33 am

Ok seriously, annoyed = me. For some reason I didn't get any notification of replies to the IC thread, so I didn't check it. Due to being busy with V-day stuff, I only checked any threads that I got an email notification about, which was easier for me. So now I missed pretty much an entire page of stuff that has happened, and I am not happy :(

I wonder, should I even continue in the rp? Cuz so much has happened, it might be hard to get back in. I will try to read all the posts sometime later today, but at the moment I am having a severe allergic reaction to...life, so I'm gonna go to sleep in a minute.
Mosh pit.
Well-concealed tazer.
Hours of endless entertainment.

waterychan
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:41 am

Nothing has really happened tho.. ppl are just making their intros and now everyone should be going to the auditorium.. o.O

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:46 pm

waterychan wrote:Ok seriously, annoyed = me. For some reason I didn't get any notification of replies to the IC thread, so I didn't check it. Due to being busy with V-day stuff, I only checked any threads that I got an email notification about, which was easier for me. So now I missed pretty much an entire page of stuff that has happened, and I am not happy :(

I wonder, should I even continue in the rp? Cuz so much has happened, it might be hard to get back in.

Most definitely stay, pleeeeeease. Trust me, you won't regret it. And to be honest, despite the lengthy posts and whatnot in there now, really nothing major has happened at all yet. The amount of action thus far is pretty minimal (The sum of all those posts amounting to roughly two hours of a single school day so far) and has just been introductory for the most part.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:04 pm

My thoughts exactly.

The thread looks good.
Good enough to get me to use detail and things I've never used before.

But I'm not going to be on enough. And as a fast moving RP, I don't think I'll be able to keep up.

If I get on more often though, I might decide to send a sample your way. :)

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:04 pm

Where'd all the bio's go? I need to check up on something in one of them...

EDIT: Nevermind, I found them lol.

waterychan
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fade on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:47 am

I have some questions... What exactly is the school mascot and the school colors?

Fade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:12 am

Fade wrote:I have some questions... What exactly is the school mascot and the school colors?

School mascot is the "Wandering Samurai", lol, and the colors? Erm..I dunno, haven't thought of that yet. But...uh..we'll go with blue and yellow.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:55 pm

Hey guys, I regret to tell you I am not going to be able to continue this RP. I really like it and think it will turn out awesome, however I am in alot of other RP's amd I had some stuff come up in real life right now that is goign to keep me really busy for quite awhile. Anyways I am already to deep in my other RP's to pull out so I had to opt for this one. If you guys don't want to kill my character off I give permission for anyone to use him, or just kill imh off at your leasure/ :D Cya guys have fun!!
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Well, for one if you're just going to drop out of the RP, at least set him up with a method of exiting the RP, otherwise if no one else wants to control/whatever to your character it's seriously going to look pretty odd.

That's like if I just sat there and had Akajiri do nothing, when he clearly has something planned for Book.

(Note: Which whoever interferes with will die by the way.)

>_>

<_<

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:32 am

Well I haven't really done anything that effects the story greatly, all I did was meet Book and talk a little then left him, thats all. I'll try to think of a way to get my character out of the story though.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:50 pm

Hey hey, due to increasing stress upon my life, I'm gonna have to cut back on a couple of rp's. I'm going to be backing down from this one, as well as a few on other sites I'm on. So I apologize, but I can no longer be in this rp. Thanks for thinking of such an awesome idea though! Good luck everyone :)

waterychan
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:55 am

Anyway, I should hopefully have a post up by tonight, however I need to discuss it with Kouketsu first before deciding to kick it into full gear.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:06 pm

I've already said this in the IC forum, cause im thick.
Basicly I'd love to join in with this, but i'm not sure if i've missed out on too much now?
(i'm FAR too lazy to read all the past posts, so please dont tell me to do that...)
If you think i'd be okay to join, could you pm me?
i'll send you a writing sample too of course, but i don't realy know what you want it to be about, if that makes sense.
Anyway, Get back to me pleeeease?
x
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:59 am

While this is only a month and eight days late; MEGAcya, you're welcome to join in on Nottoris' festive state or what use to be. Perhaps you're the one to get things crackin' again. All five or six of those pages, excluding page 1 and portions of 2 are merely posts leading everyone to the 'Meeting Hall' for a pep-rally. I do hope you intend to join in on this, as it does seem like quite possibly the best Roleplay on this site, save for Ghalerion, but damn well hand-in-hand.

So, pick a seat. There's good ones, bad ones, smelly ones, icky ones, twisted ones, bright ones, and dull ones. I sure do hope you get a good seat, then again, it's just a seat. LOL =(

Matthias
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:12 am

EVERYONE.

GIT UR ASSES OVER HERE AND LETS REVIVE NOTTORI.

Kou, Will, Matty and I are all already making plans in the chat for continuing it. Now we just need the whole gang back and interested!!!

C'MON!!
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:23 am

Wow, I was going to join this 3 months ago.... *blink*
In a way, I'm glad I didn't. I couldn't RP to save my life back then, so I would have destroyed the whole thing. If you guys do manage to revive it, I'd love to join in now.
If someone mesages me or something to say it's okay for me to join, I'll read through all the posts as soon as I can.

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:30 am

I'm jotting down my post right now! Guess this is a lucky day! Feel free to jump in at any time!

Matthias
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:36 am

You're more than welcome to join in, MEGAcya. Just get an idea of what kind of characters are being used, whip up a nice character profile and post it. Once it's all good and everything, you're completely open to start posting and jump right in.

And if you need to get caught up at where we are in the story at all, just feel free to ask and I'll be more than willing to give a brief summary. ^^

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!