Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Echo Legacy: Burdens of Honor

Echo Legacy: Burdens of Honor

a part of “Echo Legacy: Burdens of Honor”, a fictional universe by Jag.

Operating deep behind enemy lines with no reinforcements on the way, the crew of the EDF Atlas battle with enemies outside and within. For duty. For honor. For survival.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Echo Legacy: Burdens of Honor”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Echo Legacy: Burdens of Honor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:39 am

I'm game as well. [:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Korrye
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:30 pm

I sincerely hope that we can get this rolling again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Korrye
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm always hopeful and appreciate that you're still here and supportive of the idea. I'm trying to get through a few things, after which I can really look at moving forward. Thanks.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Agafan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:22 pm

I'm still here!
Though I'm in college now, so I suppose I'll have less time. Still, I can't wait to get started.
There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Agafan
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm starting my third year of university this September and it'll likely be one of my most demanding but I'm still game as always. Writing has always been my stress relief. :] I'll never give it up.

Korrye
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Okay.

I want to get this game going again, but I have a couple of issues. When I started Echo II, I let a lot of things get worked into the story and wrote myself into a lot of corners regarding the larger story. I made temporary fixes to a lot of little problems for the sake of convenience that messed up a lot of what I'd hoped for the game. On top of that, I allowed a number of characters to come in with some major changes made to accommodate those characters. Then, when they bailed from the game, I was left with major gaps, major issues that couldn't be resolved, and the story being thrown in several directions didn't work for me at all.

In short, I really fucked up what I wanted Echo to be. This has nothing to do with the writers and characters currently on the team that may still be around as I love what you guys have brought to the table. I want this story to continue with the same basic premise, but there are a couple of changes that are leading me to consider something of a reboot/major retcon to allow for the story to continue in the best way possible.

Major changes may include -- removing the Thalians, who I really didn't think through and just made a "big bad guy race," and changing it something more workable, maybe even a Terran Civil War; allowed the EDF to have FTL technology and just the circumstances of the jump causing the Atlas to be stranded rather than the entire race not having the abililty; just some other smaller things that would make the canon easier to manage and allow for a deeper focus on the characters rather than trying to get too involved with a story that doesn't make sense.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Specifically, I am considering creating a brand new RP that will serve as a reboot of this RP, likely officially adding to "II" to the title. That will allow us to recreate the necessary characters, allow for the new characters that may join the game, and start fresh without confusing anyone.

And, selfishly, allow it to look like a brand-new RP and get all the bumps and hits that come accordingly.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:57 pm

My plans are rapidly developing in another direction. Right now, I'm toying with and developing a prequel to the original Echo, with the current working title Echo Zero: Flashpoint or Echo Zero: Project Angel.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 am

Just for the hell of posting something, I posted another "Previously..." post to start a scene if you are interested, Korrye. Or anyone else if they can justify being there.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm still here and I am definitely game for a reboot if you want. If it means tweaking my character that's fine too. Just shoot me a PM if you need a specific character as well. My other roleplays have become quite slow and I could use a project.

EDIT: I've posted as well. :]

Korrye
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Did I reply too fast? ><

Korrye
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 pm

No, it was great. Honestly, I got tied up getting Ballad of the ground and just haven't gotten around to getting a reply up yet. Sorry!

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Agafan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:47 pm

I lost my laptop and internet for a few months... not cool. So anyway, I'm back, and I hope I get an invite to any new groups that are going up.

Agafan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Agafan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Oh, also, am I actually able to post at all? Because I think I planned my character to appear in the 'Slums' and to generally start making it hard for that guy who imprisoned the Captain etc.

Agafan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Agafan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Oh, and, (Sorry for the in-a-row posts) if you need spaceships, vehicles, weapons etc to be designed by somebody... I like having projects like that.

Agafan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm not entirely sure Agafan. ><

Korrye
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Happy New Year All!

Korrye
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Happy New Year!

NotAFlyingToy and I have been doing some drafting work on the reboot for Echo II that will hopefully allow us to seriously look at launching and committing to the RP soon. I'll make sure to keep all of you up to date as things progress.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:39 am

I look forward to it. :]

Korrye
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Agafan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:41 am

Oh, cool. Can't wait.

Agafan
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!