Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Skinwalkers

Skinwalkers

a part of “Skinwalkers”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

In a ruined world exist people who can take the form of animal. However animals are vicious, and a battle for supremacy is going to be a long and bloody one.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Skinwalkers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Skinwalkers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:31 pm

coolio. =D
Namaste: I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty & peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, We are one.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nivosity on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:28 pm

I like realism and all, but when it's pretty much impossible for some changers to actually carry it around with them... (Um... Spinners, Feathers, and Mice) I'd prefer clothing?
*~Nivosity~*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nivosity
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:48 pm

Think I'm gonna have to withdraw - as awesome a cast as this RP has. Not enough time and school's starting to pick up to fit things in before the thanksgiving break.

Take it easy folks.

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Well, I see how this disadvantageous and awkward for the smaller Skinwalkers... XD

So maybe clothes with some limitations?

AAAAND I'm in science class. I'll be back later.
~Cienpher~ GM of "That's Not an Omelette"

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:12 am

Umm.... Can anyone still be in The Pack? Or would they have to start off as loners or something and then just join later? Now that I think about it, being a loner would be kind of cool since my character would do whatever it wanted to, if anyone would mind being with my character as I wouldn't want her by herself, without anyone else to rp with.
ImageImageImageImage

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:49 am

Sorry to hear that Artik, but it's understandable, it's a busy time to year. Thanks for telling us.

Dawnfire it rather depends on the character really. For example if I'm doing the Scout I'm probably going to have the start off separate becuase I know what the character is like.

There are a few options. One would be to have them wander in, another would have them be associated with Cru's Army in some capacity, like as an exile, escapee, or low-rank.

Anyway, regarding the clothing issue, I think I've come across a solution that should suit everyone. Have a look and see what you think:

In this alternate universe there exists a fabric with somewhat unique properties that mean it is favoured by Skinwalkers. It is astonishingly flexible and adaptable, able to shrink and alter shape without wearing out. Many Skinwalkers use it as a form of clothing that they can retain on their person even in their animal forms. Most, when changed bunch the fabric around their neck and pull it around themselves as they change. It is considerably more convenient for the average Skinwalker, however it marks them out as a human in animal form, and so is often forsaken for those intent on staying under the radar. It is also sometimes not used depending on the poverty, preference or modesty of the individual.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:52 am

That sounds good to me XD

Except now I can't imagine what the clothes would look like...

On a different note, am I allowed to post now, or should I wait for the leader of the Pack to post? Also, where would The Pack be at the moment? Do they have a base of sorts like Cru's Army?

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 am

I'd assume they'd resemble ordinary garments in human form, if fairly thin and light, and probaby be bunched up like a scarf or wrap around the neck, waist or wherever in animal form.

Anyway, I was thinking about my character, the scout. The character I had in mind well..I wouldn't call her crazy...but there's a definite impression that her and reality aren't as closely acquainted as they used to to be.

I was wondering if she might be a former prisoner of The Army and could have fallen foul (or fowl, if you want a pun) of Colai in the past, it that is alright with Literature.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:43 am

I'll mention this now as I've already added it over PM, but some others might be interested to know.

The Pack will most likely be based somehere in the city ruins, while Cru's pack sits on the reservoir on the edge.
It currently only consists of the previously stated members at this time, so it's not a big, organized thing like Cru's army, but rather a more close-knit group.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:56 pm

Thank goodness! I don't know how many hours or days I had worrying about "how to post"..because I simply wouldn't know what to post. But Now that a few questions are answered I do feel better. Thank you Vitamin.

But...Can you describe the ruins to me? Just so I know that if I go to post about taking a sip of water that was dew falling from the rocks as the sun did it's thing or like said something about climbing up into a building that was fancy. I mean, you know! (Probably not) But yeah! Like I don't wanna mix up anything if I do suddenly wanna post.
"A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."
O.O

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raize on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Man.. It's really hard doubling up on these two. Vita, I think that I enjoy playing Colai more than Cru, could maybe someone else take him? I'd give the character profile over to them, and they could have him.. I just feel overwhelmed..
"Uhhhhhhhhhh." - Karisse

Raize
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:04 pm

I wouldn't mind doubling up if you don't mind passing Cru to me, Lit ^^

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raize on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:08 pm

I've just abandoned him. He'll be in the Orphanage. I hope. I'll make sure to keep an extra skeleton just in case it goes wrong. You can have him, CiCi!

Raize
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:17 pm

No problem Akantha.

The ruins are large, mostly intact remnants of modern buildings that have been destroyed and eroded over time. Many remain standing and could provide decent shelter, but are often unstable or inhabited by some nasty things. As far as content you can imagine what sort of things a city might have had, nice buildings, not to nice buildings, shops, museums etc, but it's been at least a century or so since they became ruined so there won't be much left. Some Skinwalkers salvage things from the buildings to use or sell.

I've left it fairly vague as I'm not too worried about people elaborating details and coming up with their own ideas.

Literature, sorry to hear that, but if you're really having trouble then don't struggle to play a part you're not enjoying. I'll pick up the slack if need be. I play a cast of about 50 in my long running RP, three will be a breeze.

Also, would you be alright with my character Caddie having had a run-in with Colai in the past? I thought I'd better decide on this before finishing her profile off.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raize on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Yes, Vita. That's completely okay with me. I don't mind that at all. Caddie can meet Colai.

Raize
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:28 pm

i will post as the rebel leader tonight, things have just been hectic recently. i apologize.

emotionless
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:40 am

I think Ill have my character be a loner and post her tomorrow. Just so you know, she'll be a mao named Kate.

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:59 am

I have a post all written up, but now I feel awkward because I would be the first rebel to post XD

Oh, and Lit - if you had any plans or such for Cru and his character, could you please send me them in a PM? I want to preserve your image of him as much as possible ^^

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:23 am

nope i posted. REBEL LEADER TO THE RESCUE! lol

emotionless
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:37 am

XD Then I'll post.

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!