Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Legend of Zelda: This Ephemeral Light

The Legend of Zelda: This Ephemeral Light

a part of “The Legend of Zelda: This Ephemeral Light”, a fictional universe by The Afterman.

The land of Hyrule is overrun by an otherworldly darkness, transforming the once-beautiful land into a corpse of its former glory. The only hope left is a miracle from the Ancients, and they have all but abandoned this dying land.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Legend of Zelda: This Ephemeral Light”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Legend of Zelda: This Ephemeral Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 pm

You'll have to forgive me if Sentry is lackluster, it's the first character I've made in a little over five months, so eh.

And I agree with Famish over here, but offer only a slight alternative to it, two groups of two, one on their own. I'd be willing to do the loner post(s), as it isn't anything new to me.
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:21 pm

I don't imagine it would be RP-ing alone for long; I figured we'd all get to the castle in a post or two. But I'm down for whatever works for everyone.
<3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm just big on the idea of meeting beforehand. Adds mystery to this story, and uneasiness. If we first meet up at the castle, and we're all of a sudden supposed to band together after one encounter, that seems to me to add to the "trust v.s. distance" attribute. Like, how do you know you can work with these people if you've never seen them up until a point where you are being placed in a situation where you absolutely have to work with them in order to accomplish a goal.

I understand what you mean by not having to go it alone, but starting off alone reflects, very much so, the theme of desperation and that need for some companionship, and this is turned around by being placed with a group of strangers that could at any point execute you in your sleep. I personally do not like the idea of meeting beforehand, and I don't see how it could dampen the roleplay's thrill; on the contrary, going the first few moments alone builds on your character.

Now, if you guys just ABSOLUTELY want to start off in two's then....argh, I guess it could be done. That just seems like it'd sully the experience of getting to know one another as we're all being told it's entirely up to us to save the world, to me at least.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:53 pm

As long as we're not stuck RP-ing with ourselves forever, I'll be fine with waiting till we get to the castle.... Do you wanna start it? I mean, I'd assume Zelda would already be at the castle, so we shouldn't have to worry about her until then....

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:15 am

I should have read further back into this discussion, I'd personally be down for the being forced together meetup at the castle, I just wasn't aware we'd be going there right away.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:41 am

I'm gonna garner some interest for the Zelda role first before we start. It'll be soon though.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:50 pm

You know what? Fuck you, Key! FUCK YOU! YOU AND YOUR ELABORATION ON HIS LOOKS!
JK

Also, anyone here? It would be awesome if we could start. I may just be excited about this and that's why I keep saying this...

Actually, excited may be an understatement....

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Argh. I guess let's get started. If no one wants to be Zelda, I suppose I can work around that. It just sucks, because she's never been part of the entire quest except in Spirit Tracks. Well, we can begin.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:49 pm

FamishedPants: It's fine to have the first post. Just please edit out the OOC comment.

EDIT: A little warning: Isadrelians speak in a rather Shakespeareian manner, just not so heavily. Soooo, get used to Aldrion's speaking. :b

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:19 am

Mfw I had a small but good post. :D

mfw Welcome Home post is displayed on my screen 9.9

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:25 am

Yeah, I got kinda into the backstory part right there >.> Hehe.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:34 am

Kinda?

I think you may have did a bit more than "Kinda"....

I, or rather, Raze, will reveal bits and pieces of his past. Whether or not we ever hear his whole story will depend on if someone mangages to gain his trust....

Also, I do believe I did a few small edits today...

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:16 am

Before I post, can I get kind of a better idea of what a few enemies look like?

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:00 pm

I don't really have specific enemies right now. I'll create a bestiary sometime today.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:53 pm

So would you prefer I wait until then to post, or just make up something demonic and ugly to battle in the meantime?

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 pm

I, personally, would refrain from fighting anything besides like bandits or something like that until our people group up or something....

Wait, Welcome, we're going to Hyrule Castle.... Zelda's there.... is it overrun or?.....

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Just come up with something terrifying and tough to kill.

Also, Hyrule casle serves as a central gathering point for the resistance against the demonic presence. The insides of its walls are seemingly safe.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:55 pm

Ok... so we're going to meet there (without having to kill everything) and then... RP?

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:49 am

That's correct.

It shouldn't take very long for us.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:58 am

On an unrelated note: I might want to punch your OC in the face subconciously, Welcome.

Just saiyan....

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!