Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Age: The Undoing

Dragon Age: The Undoing

a part of “Dragon Age: The Undoing”, a fictional universe by The Valkyrie.

The year is 1:95 Divine, and the second Blight has been raging for nearly a century. Pushed to desperation, the Grey Wardens assemble a team for a suicidal mission. None were prepared for what they would discover.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Age: The Undoing”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Dragon Age: The Undoing

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Tally always wins.

Oh, also. Is anyone inclined to collab with Ethne? I guess Rudhale's been commandeered by Solly, so people are free to join that too.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:15 pm

Suicide and Kerin would be glad to have Ethne along while they frolick through the darkspawn.
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AugustArria
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:51 pm

So, I didn't read OOC or IC yet, so if I'm missing something, don't shoot me.

My schedule is looking pretty intense, so I may only be able to post once a week, and even at that, it may be on different days. If that's alright, then I don't think we have a problem, but if it's too slow, I completely understand.

<Insert something else I'm too tired to talk about>
"The GM of this roleplay hasn't created any rules! You can do whatever you like!"
-the most misleading piece of text known to RolePlayGateway

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:42 pm

I guess we'll give it a shot and see how that looks. For now, I'd recommend avoiding collabs, as those tend to require a bit more time than that, but at least for this round a solo post shouldn't present a problem, as long as you're careful to read the IC and know what everyone else is doing. For now, we'll see what happens I suppose.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Hey guys, please remember the below, as it will be kind of important really soon! Alien and Kiku, I have yours already. ^_^

The Valkyrie wrote:Also. I'd like everyone to do me a favor for the sake of the plot and answer two questions (not here, as I'd like it to be a surprise for everyone else):

1. What thing, no matter how impossible it seems, is most likely to get your character to stray from his/her goal of completing the mission? Or to put it as Suicide might, what's most likely to derail them from their Path? Could be a person, a situation, a thing, whatever.

2. What does your character's own personal hell look like? (And smell like and sound like and whatever). Imagine it as a physical place with attendant circumstances.

I realize these are rather abstract, but you'll be needing one or both answers in the near future, and I want you to have a chance to really think about them, since I think it'll be a great opportunity for character development.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Yonny and Tally, I still need your replies to the above.

Also, the next post is another 'all in' collab. I plan for it to take us directly to the beginning of the boss encounter, so about halfway through, we'll be taking down that barrier. Anyone can start it with more carnage, but if nobody's too inspired there, I can also do so if you'd all prefer. ^_^

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Oh! You meant you wanted it in PM form!

I just thought you meant have it visualized. I see what you're getting at. Expect it soon.
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:27 pm

I had half a post written up and then it updated D:

Ah well. I think for this sequence, I may not be able to make a clear post. Please do take control of Rev for this week, and maybe the next. I'll definitely have loads of time after next week, and this week was simply an unfortunate case of everything going wrong (and in some cases right) at the same time. At least now that everything should be through starting late Sunday, I think I can post if I am able to come home earlier (I've been getting home at 10PM lately and waking up at 5AM, not to mention work that has to be done in the interim), and in any case, I have lots of days off in the coming month.

So yeah. I'm sorry for not posting this week or last, and I'll try to make up for it next week.

I had this whole thing written how Rev mistook Kerin for a Genlock, and how only thanks to his bad aim (he's disturbed by the magical forces in the dome) was he able to avoid hitting her.

Ah well.

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Gotcha, Alien.

And sorry Tally, probably should have made that clearer. I am eventually going to engage in some pretty egregious metagaming (whoo!), but it's all for the sake of a good plot, and I'm the GM so I get to. ^_^

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 am

Haydeeho!

So ill definitely have tons of time later this week to reply. I have like two or so more posts to read, when I stumbled across references to the surrounding scenery, and I've realized, I have absolutely no clue about what's going on and what the scenery is like. Would someone care to enlighten me?

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:40 pm

What do you mean by scenery? They're just now entering the wealthy district of Val Royeaux, which seems to be completely devoid of life, and headed for the chantry.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Okay. So, now you know why I needed that information. Morpheus chose the stuff he thought would be most effective in keeping everyone in line and permanently dreaming. My general idea, however, is that your new environments are interactive, and that sort of pressing on certain matters will reveal flaws in the deception, at which point everyone has to decide if they want out or not. If they do, they'll be able to participate in the battle against Morpheus, but not getting out is also an option, at which point they'll be forcibly thrown out/retrieved by Ethne when (and if) the folks that do escape kill the boss.

So, for example, if Kerin has some cause to look in a mirror during her Adventures in Casteless Orzammar, she'll notice she has no tattoo on her face. Now, because she attaches so much meaning to that, it's likely to help her break the illusion and realize it isn't real, at which point Morpheus will tempt her with the possibility of getting rid of that thought she just had, giving her the brand back, and allowing her to go on living the dream, so to speak. Kerin being Kerin will probably refuse (at which point Eth will be able to help her out), but the option's there either way. The misery group will work a little differently, of course, but the idea's the same.

So I guess I kinda lied when I said these would be individual posts, because unless you want them to never figure out that they're in a dream, you'll probably be collabing with me. Note that I just gave very vague descriptions of what's going on; feel free to add much more detail and set these things up however you like.

I hope this isn't so much like the Fade stuff in DA:O that it sucks haha.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:03 pm

So I dunno if anyone else has noticed this, but we're currently #1 on the homepage's "awesome roleplays" list. I'm not really sure what the criteria are for that designation (but I'm guessing it might be "awesomeness"), but congratulations, ladies and gents. I think we all deserve t-shirts or something, with the cast on them in ensemble-photograph style.

Go us.
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:11 pm

You can't even begin to understand the degree in which I agree with this.

You just can't

Also, we managed to shove the Gift Ch. 3 down a space. And we currently hold the third spot for WPPs, right under CoC.

So, does that mean we're RPG celebrities?

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Well, we probably would be if anyone paid attention to those rankings haha. I personally just take it as a "yes" vote for collaborative posting in small groups of fantastic people, as if that needed validating.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:50 pm

Wow! I hadn't even noticed that. Congratulations guys, and thanks for making the story so much fun! I would have thought it was great anyway, but the recognition feels nice too. ^_^

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:18 pm

SEVERELY DELAYED REACTION.

Huzzah, you've finally joined us, Kiku! Also, what's this rank-thing you speak of? We're on it? Yaaay!

PS: Those dreams played my heart strings like a harp.

EDIT: I swear to Andraste's mighty ta-ta's this will be my last edit. Perhaps. Andaer's man-beautiful. There we have it.
He brings all the ladies and gentleman to the yard. Did he have a lover? Is that why he's uninterested? Whywhywhy.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Hehe, ask him. He'd probably tell you. Or just smile mysteriously and shake his head. He's frustrating sometimes.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 am

Happy birthday Yonni!

At least, if I remember correctly, it's your birthday. If not, then consider this an early/belated birthday wish.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 am

Yonni! Even the forum says its your birthday. Shweeet. Have a good one!

AugustArria
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!