Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Girl and Her Magikarp

A Girl and Her Magikarp

a part of “A Girl and Her Magikarp”, a fictional universe by Azazel.

A young woman sets out into the world of Pokemon, searching for her missing brother. Follow her on her journey as she explores the region of Kanto. (Full; not accepting)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Girl and Her Magikarp”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: A Girl and Her Magikarp

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri May 03, 2013 10:20 pm

So anyone against the idea of the very beginning of TC strike being posted? Like the stuff up until the operation actually starts.

Cuz as it is now prep plus battle looks like this thing will be HUGE.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Fri May 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Not against that at all. Feel free to post periodically as the posts reach ~1000-1500 words or whatever number around there you want.
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."

-Lloyd Alexander

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri May 03, 2013 11:26 pm

alright I'll post that bit now.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Thu May 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Hey Az, d'you maybe want to link the Write on the front page, since we use it so much?

Ion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azazel on Thu May 16, 2013 3:13 pm

I thought I did...I shall go do that now :D!

And I have decided to make Junko go her own way x3

She won't be joining Kenji and the gang to the Gym to watch him get wiped out wipe Surge xD

Azazel
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Thu May 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Nah, that's cool. It's not like everyone has to go. :)

Ion
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Mon May 27, 2013 7:25 pm

I miss you all :(

Eskay
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azazel on Mon May 27, 2013 7:49 pm

We are still here Eskay! Ion just out for a few, I am making a post that is slowly but surely coming along! Everyone else is still around I believe.

Azazel
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Working one mine as well.

Just so happens it's going at the speed of a wounded snail. I hate writer's block.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Started a new group post in the Write, for any Cataclysms who want to join in, so we don't die.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi everyone,

As sad as I am to announce it, Az and I conferred today and agreed that we've just lost too much momentum with this one. We're calling it dead here, but she says she may well remake it in a few weeks, for those of you who are still around and interested. Thanks for all your participation; it was fun while it lasted. Hopefully, I'll see some of you around in the future.

-Ion

Ion
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Kindly send me a PM when you get it remade!

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm always around and looking for new rp's. Shoot me a pm or something, hope to see you all again in the future!

legacy14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:24 pm

So, I don't know how many of you are still around, but I've been wondering...

What is the driving factor behind what makes an RP last? Obviously, it requires the commitment of its participants, but is that the only thing that differentiates finished RP's from prematurely ended counterparts?

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:34 pm

I think the big thing is the pacing, a rolling stone gathers no moss sort of thing. Its a big culmination of a lot of things. There needs to be a consistency with the rate the story progresses that is comfortable with every writer and doesn't feel out of place. Of course that changes depending on the writers and the individual story.

In my experience ones that get the furthest generally have three to five people involved, with everyone contributing to the setting and driving the story individually.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!