Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Across the Wilderness

Across the Wilderness

a part of “Across the Wilderness”, a fictional universe by MegaKooala12.

What's your motive for travelling across these dangerous lands? Are you looking for money? What about power? Honor and eternal glory? Or maybe you are just seeking adventure and a quick way to die... [LOOKING FOR FEMALE ROLES]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Across the Wilderness”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Across the Wilderness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Yes, but our story is temporarily running separately from their's. Whatever happens here is not going to affect them in any way for good while. I would slow down if you guys need more time to think things through but we still have a lot of stuff we need to do before we might deem it necessary to meet some characters on the other side.
I posted part of the forest battle scene. Sirk and Rook you guys can go ahead and write whatever details of it you want and then I'll conclude it with one more post. Sirk you said you wanted Ash to separate from Prince for a while? Would you want to separate immediately while they're still traveling, or put that off until they reach the town of Larkshire?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Right, I understand that it's not going to affect the others for a while, but technically, all of these stories should probably be running as close to parallel as possible. That way, it's much less confusing to read, and certainly ensures that no one group gets to a significant place in the plot before the rest even have a chance. Additionally, we are going to need Kooala's help with some of the details of what they encounter in their journey, and I for one do not want to accidentally override something she had planned. If, indeed, she still plans to participate at all.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:34 am

I see your point Rook. But, I begin to sense that everyone on the other side of the frontier (including Kooala) have disappeared.
Are there anyone still here besides me, Sirk, Doll, and Rook? If so, please say "aye" on OOC so we can determine whether to move on with our story or wait.

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:22 pm

OOH! ME!
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 am

No one else besides Shishio??

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirk on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm here as always. Quick question how many bandits were with the three we saw?
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who You are. - Mewtwo

Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Ed Howe

The first requisite of immortality is death. - Stanislaw J. Lec

Sirk
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm here but I can't continue without Thadine or Kooala.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:22 am

I'd say there were no more than 15 total in that scene Sirk.

I think it is unfair that those who are still here must be kept waiting by the inactive roleplayers. If they've been gone this long, doesn't that tell us their level of seriousness to this rp? And even though Kooala is the gamemaster, she has no right to do this to us. I think she deliberately abandoned this. It says her last visit was pretty recent but she doesn't even say anything on OOC?
How about if those who are kept waiting (Rook's other characters, Fox, Shishio) just write as if everything in the beginning of this roleplay never happened. Just forget about whatever interaction you guys had in the beginning with the currently inactive roleplayers' characters and start from scratch. Discuss what you guys plan to do on the previews. And maybe later I'll make a remake of this.

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:33 am

Mm... the only thing is, if the GM's gone, the plot as such kinda goes with it. A remake could work, but a retcon on that scale is a little... well, at this stage I think it might be a bit much. I can understand the frustration though. I wish I knew what was going on, but I think we ma just have a force-killed RP on our hands.

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:45 am

I highly doubt Kooala had any long-term plot planned out. Other than just the basics, it's not even like she wrote the entire lore and bestiary of this. I think we should consider doing a remake as a future option and just continue writing for the time being. What do you guys think of just forgetting about everything that was involved with the inactive characters (as if none of that happened) and starting from scratch? It's still pretty early in the story so I don't see a problem and this would apply to only Rook's characters other than Elion, Fox, and Shishio.

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Mm... I understand your point, and applaud your dedication; it is far superior to mine. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to bow out at this point. It was fun while it lasted, and I'm sorry to make the ignoring thing an even bigger pain. If it's more convenient to you, please feel free to puppet Elion as you please. Not having to reincorporate Tarquin should actually make things easier rather than harder, and Sadia never interacted with anyone else anyway.

Cheers, guys, and good luck!

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arithmatus on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:36 pm

You are acting like a stereotypical roleplayer Rook.
For those of you still here, what are your suggestions? I personally don't want this to share the same fate as 99% of the other roleplays on this site. Even though the GM and some others have abandoned, I still think the story has alot of potential to become great. Its not the number of roleplayers that makes a good rp, but rather a few (even two) enthusiastic writers that can make a good rp experience. What do you think we should do with this? Don't say nothing and act like you are not here. Put forth your opinions please.

Arithmatus
Member for 11 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!