Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Reclaimers

The Reclaimers OOC

a part of “The Reclaimers”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

A Sword and Planet Fantasy taking place on M'Sal, where the deserts are wide and the dangers are plenty.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Reclaimers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Reclaimers OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:38 pm

I've gotten a lot of 502 errors on the main site when it's been working. It may be that the site's server gets overloaded with 120+ connections.
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Redred33mer wrote:I've gotten a lot of 502 errors on the main site when it's been working. It may be that the site's server gets overloaded with 120+ connections.

It is not the first time it happens, but in the same time, I feel it won't be the last one. It has been like that from weeks before; the pad went up and down. I'm not sure what is up with it, but from a recent topic, it seems that the admins are working on fixing some bugs.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dementedness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Yeah, our Department of Logistics is currently working to fix some kinks and bugs in the Write Pad machinery. Part of it is the server, and part of it is the pad itself. Both are working now, so I guess now would be a good a time as any to get some work done if it does shut down again.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:57 pm

Just a note to the main group, the pads are back on. I'll see you guys around.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:06 am

Alright people. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and did some Black Friday shopping in which they survived...hopefully.

The last couple of weeks have been very busy for me, I've tried to check in on the pads to make my presence known.

The 502 errors and the pads being down have severely hampered progress. So once the pads go back online, I am permanently transferring whatever present stuff we have to newer pads.

On another note, some players have told me the story has stagnated a bit. If that is the case then I am open to suggestions and ideas right now as to how we move forward.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:37 am

I think we should move the pads on another service. While RPG's write pad is good, the fact that their websites are getting down more and more often leave to be desired.

Dementedness
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:28 am

At Deme's suggestion, I went ahead and created some pads to help us get along.

Main Group Pad - This is for the group on Vander's airship.

Alleara - Skulls if you're still with us, this is for Estios and Alleara.

Seth and Melio - Deme, we'll pick up where we left off before the pads went down.

Edit: Whoever's still in this, speak up.

This roleplay depends on what you guys want. If you guys still want to continue this, then I'll be around. If you guys think we've done enough or you've lost interest, then say so or I'll understand from your lack of a response. In which case, I won't hold you guys further. I know we all have projects we need or want to pursue outside of this. Maybe we could call an end to this now, or put it on hiatus. In truth, there was no win or lose in this experiment. So to have gotten this far was something.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VPRK on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:13 pm

I am coming to this thread after the link in the Roleplayers Wanted section. I understand that this project may be coming to an indefinite hold or potentially a permanent end. I would just like to say that the creative forces which have been displayed in the material I've read so far eclipse so much of what I've found since joining this community and embody the kind of project I was hoping to find when I stumbled upon Gateway.

If there is a chance that things will go forward and there is room for a writer who would like to contribute to the amazing work that has already been done, please consider this a request to be that writer. I don't have a specific core idea for a character as I'm still catching up on so much of what is here, but I would like to explore the chance to get involved if at all possible. Thanks.

VPRK
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Hello VPRK,

Are you here to apply as a Co-GM or writer?

Edit: The Write Pads are back online, at the moment I am working on transferring whatever workable material we have to the new pads.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VPRK on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Frankly, I don't think I would be up to the task of serving as a co-GM. I've only been a member of the site for a few weeks now. I know you said there was no room for another writer currently in the Roleplayers Wanted thread, but your last post here about doing a roll call to see who was still interested in the project gave me the impression that you may have lost some participants in terms of writers.

Long story short -- writer, but I completely understand if that isn't an opportunity right now. If that's the case, please accept my compliments as someone just impressed with the world you've created!

VPRK
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Yes to the material being salvaged! Woo! Still here and trying to overcome some drain from work and sickness to find ways to help get things moving again.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:52 pm

@VPRK

Your compliments have been duly noted. At the moment, it does seem like a few of our writers are unavailable, maybe temporarily or for the long-haul. We won't know until college semesters are over and the holiday sets in. In any case, a spot is open for you if you wish to take it.

If you want to take part have a character idea sent to me. You're free to create your own character, or commandeer any of the NPCs that are available in the story.

@Skulls If you're sick, I won't hold anything to you. You need time to recover.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:55 pm

I am getting better and my goal this weekend is to get all caught up and get the creativity flowing again.

I had pink eye (thanks preschoolers) and tonsillitis which I am still just getting over. I cannot wait for a two week break from the kids.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VPRK on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Roger that!

I'll start letting some ideas stew while I make sure that I'm not jumping in over something that's already established in terms of characters in the project. Thanks again.

VPRK
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:14 pm

The character list has been updated. Also, I think I've salvaged what I can from the pads.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:54 am

Just snooping the ol' gateway and came across this sweet as gem! Looks good guys, allow my words of encouragement give you a huge ego boost please! Flawless story outline as usual Vindicated... very nice. Reminds of another RPG I've seen around, was similar but very different. Anyway, all the characters a great!

Sorry for the interruption.. I know its a bit creeperish. I haven't been on RPgateway in a while... thought, I dip my toes back in and saw this and had to put my two cents in.

macheteshark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi there macheteshark,

Thanks for the compliments. Are you here from the Roleplayers' Wanted thread?

Edit:

Okay, so I was doing some housekeeping with the characters tab, and I accidentally abandoned my own character. Right now he's lost somewhere, so I'm currently talking to the admins about getting him back if possible.

Another Edit:

So I decided to modify the rules to reflect the character tab. NPCs will no longer have a CS, they've all been moved to a google docs, linked in the Encyclopedia. Feel free to kill any at your leisure. No not really. If you're going to kill an NPC, you'll have to talk to me about that.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:03 am

It's been a long holiday guys, and it's probably going to get longer. Given our current circumstances, I guess it would be best if we just put this on hold. I'll leave it open if anybody shows interest in the near future.

Those of you who stuck around as long as you did, thank you. As far as the experiment went, I can't say it was a success or failure. It was a learning experience for me that I'll probably rely on as I move forward.

Congratulations on getting this far in The Reclaimers.

I have been your GM.

Hope you had fun.

Excelsior!

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:41 pm

I think it is the wised choice. I've been enjoying roleplaying with you guys, and I look forward if we happen to go on with this story in a near future.

Dementedness
Member for 12 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!