Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Fallen | Connected To You

The Fallen | Connected To You

a part of “The Fallen | Connected To You”, a fictional universe by AvalonKnight.

5 humans accidentally stumble upon a war between Angels and Fallen Angels. (Better description inside)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Fallen | Connected To You”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Fallen | Connected To You

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:49 am

Thank you for the approval, Avalon! :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfSpirit on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:24 pm

Hello :)
As much as I hate to say this, I don't think I will be able to join this RP, I do not have enough time to make another character sorry, I really wanted to join this RolePlay as it seemed like such a brilliant story line. I hope you can find someone to fill the role,
Thank you :)
Don't trust too much,
Don't love too much,
Don't hope too much,
Because that too much an hurt so much.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WolfSpirit
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Just asking to make sure, this RP didn't die before it even began did it? D:

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:38 am

Word of advice to VoxPopuli -

Might be worth quickly editing the post where Lilith is mentioned. She shows up heavily in Lucifer's backstory; she was never a Fallen Angel herself, although her execution at the hands of God was what triggered the War in Heaven and Lucifer's subsequent fall.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ᏋᏕᏟᏗᎮᎥᏕᎷ on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am

Forgive me. I was simply going by biblical fact, seeing as that was what his lecture was based on. Common facts from biblical studies. As per your request, I removed her name. In other words, it's fixed.

On the other hand, I've decided to restore it to its original post. Seeing as her name was only mentioned once in passing, I don't think it's necessary to edit that part out. As you may or may not have noticed, I mentioned Gadriel in there as well. Though it shows up heavily in his back story that he was framed and betrayed by Lucifer and is thus not a villain, he didn't exclude himself when he listed off the names of fallen angels who defiled human women. I decided to do this because his lecture was based on biblical fact, not on the exaggerated truth we've spun here. I didn't spare Gadriel's name so I won't spare Lilith's.
Last edited by ᏋᏕᏟᏗᎮᎥᏕᎷ on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ᏋᏕᏟᏗᎮᎥᏕᎷ
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Thank you, Vox! ^.^

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:46 am

Hmmm... that works, arguably, for the purposes we need - Gadriel's statement is conclusive with the Bible, although I have presumed the Bible to be 'history as written by the victors' in this RP (namely, Heaven's more 'idealised' version of events).

We might need to figure out some inconsistencies, though - in Lucifer's backstory, it was human nature that resulted in Original Sin, not the tempting of Lucifer (who at this point in his backstory was still an Angel - the War in Heaven happened much later in the timeline).

Nonetheless, I can see a few ways for this to work - it's quite possible that Gadriel was actually the one to let Lilith in (not Lucifer); see Lucifer's backstory for exact details, but suffice to say, it was this action that resulted in Lilith's affair with Adam and her much-later execution (along with everything that followed). Gadriel would be presumed complicit in this, and after the War, cast out of Heaven with the remainder of the Fallen Angels as a traitor. It's a pretty minor edit to his bio, come to think of it, and might add a little more complexity to his hatred of Lucifer (not directly responsible, but rather, responsible for letting it happen - if Lucifer had refused to allow Lilith to go ahead with her affair (as is in accordance with the rules), then none of it would have happened in the first place.

Additionally, Lucifer isn't out-and-out 'evil' either here. He's cold, ruthless, pragmatic and wants to kill God regardless of the consequences (or how many corpses he has to walk over to get there), but not out-and-out evil. I consider him to be a very interesting shade of grey - he has a good reason for his actions (watching the person he loved murdered in front of him by God), but at the same time, starting a five-thousand-year-long war that has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives to take what ultimately is nothing more than simple revenge is more or less the definition of self-centered overkill.

You've probably figured out by now that I've taken more than a few liberties with Biblical canon (and incorporated things from a few other texts as well - Lilith being Adam's first wife is taken from the Alphabet of Ben Sira, for instance). I did these things for the sake of creating my own unique take on the story, and for creating a new, dynamic, complex Lucifer instead of the traditional 'evil trickster' archetype that is associated with him. I am sure you can sympathise with my motives there, no?

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Um... anyone going to post?

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvalonKnight on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:26 pm

I am waiting for iCat to post before I do.
A V A L O N K N I G H T
~ We are born. We die. Somewhere in between we live. And how we live is up to us. ~

AvalonKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvaLovelace on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 am

I suck and once I get finished reading everything, I'll post D:
Life is cray and i'm sorry.

Edit: Actually.. Should I post when the person playing my human is no longer roleplaying? I kinda don't think im needed lol
Why in the world
Can't you see the things I see
The more I run into your arms
The more you run away from me

AvaLovelace
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:15 am

Sorry for my absence, everyone! Posted again. Anyone still alive?

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:22 am

Sorry I haven't been posting all that much, guys. I feel a bit weird posting when the person playing Anita hasn't in so long... Are they still in or what?
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Might be worth shooting them off a PM to see if they're still alive.

Also, with regards to your signature - that is an awesome music video! Assuming it's referencing what I think it's referencing.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:42 am

Will do.

And I did get the Edgar Allan Poe quote from Hurricane, but I studied Romeo and Juliet last year for my exams and adored that quote. I fangirled so much when I heard it in the music video.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .euphoria. on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:00 am

{Hey guys, you guys deserve a explanation about what happened. So, this is what I let AvalonKnight know in a PM.}

Hi Avalon, I just wanted to apologize for just disappearing on your roleplay. I just have so much going on in my life that I have been sort of 'out of it' for the past few months. You see, right now I am about two months pregnant, my twin sister is in the hospital, and I, the actually BleedingLover has not posted a post or a PM or, really anything in about a month, maybe two. I just started getting back on was on Tuesday of this last week. Every post, every character, everything pretty much has been done by my husband, who also uses this account.

And to my surprise, I see a message from you about a RP I never even knew I joined. So, of course I have to piece together the puzzle of this mess, I guess you could call it. And, anyway long story short I wanted to apologize on my husband's behalf for just disappearing out of nowhere. And I hope that this clears up anything that you may have wanted to know about what happened. I really do hope that you understand and hope to RP with you soon.

Sincerely,
Jinny {The real BleedingLover}

.euphoria.
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!