Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Clash of the Zodiac

Clash of the Zodiac [General OOC]

a part of “Clash of the Zodiac”, a fictional universe by QueenJen.

Seraphic Academy seems like the perfect place to learn Zodiac Magic. But Zodiac holders have powerful enemies…What happens when the school becomes a target? Will the first years be able to save themselves, and possibly the school?[WIP]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Clash of the Zodiac”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Clash of the Zodiac [General OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Hey guys, I've accepted all the characters you've sent in so far and have sent PM's directly if I have any comments or suggestions ^_^
I love them all so far~~~<3
Sei, if you're wondering, I think I have a friend who would be interested in Virgo, but I need to talk with her a bit more.

___

Another thing, I hope everyone has subscribed to this topic because I'll probably be asking you all for opinions and such, since this is the first roleplay I've created and am running myself heh.

For example, would anyone be interested in a separate topic for a general 'tour' of the school, with more detail than the 'Places' tab? I could put that together relatively easily if anyone would like.

Or have any suggestions for classes? I'm getting more ideas as I get a look at a few of the abilities we're working with but opinions are always welcome ^_^

"All around I see raining, things don’t seem to go my way. Got a dark cloud that's hanging and it seems to follow me…"
Boy, won’t you just wake up? Feel the humming this cool world is giving you...Better start running to catch up with your life, catch on up, before the whole thing is through.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

QueenJen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathWithin on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:36 pm

I'd like to try out for the Virgo role please? ^ ^ If it's not too late of course.
RENO
Image Image Image
"A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DeathWithin
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Death I'm not in charge, but as far as I know, Virgo's still open. Just do what I did and throw a CS in. After all, what harm will it do right?
"I saw the traveler make his way toward the monolith,
That thin gash amidst the clouds;
An open seam between heaven and earth that eluded the Eye of God.

Or perhaps it had not; perhaps it beckoned from one realm
To the other, wedded And ruled as one;
For look how clean it splits the horizon 'twain, absorbs it,
Makes it Strange,
An indomitable beam,
A Tower of Heaven."

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Virgo is open, its not to late ^_^
I'll reserve it for you Death, can't wait to see the character!

QueenJen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UtaUsagi on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:53 pm

NOOOO THEY ARE ALL RESERVED!!!!

UtaUsagi
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:25 pm

Be sure to stick around - I'm not sure how long Jen is holding reservations, but by the looks of it, Taurus, Scorpio and Leo may still open up.

Seirei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby echo-of-daybreak on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:20 pm

Excited to start this :) Looking forward to Rping with you all!

echo-of-daybreak
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:17 am

Uta bb PM me back (;
Scorpio may open again, but I'm not gonna jump the gun- If dreammuffin and DestructiveGem don't PM me back or pop up by Monday I'll see what happens.

Everyone else thanks for at least sending in WIP's :D Keep finishing those up, I love them so far :D I'm already contemplating roommates hehehe, maybe I might randomize it, but where's the fun in that? ^_^

QueenJen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:56 pm

So excited to start! ARGH hurry people this is gonna be fun!

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm also looking forward to it. I brainstormed a bit about the curriculum at the academy, and I wanted to know what you guys thought of this:

Proposal 1:

A) Core courses. Let's keep the 'mundane' part simple: students enroll in either Science or Arts. When they graduate, they are eligible to enter a corresponding Bachelor program at a normal college or university. Most students would probably choose to pursue a career within the Celestial Hierarchy, but it's important to keep options open.

B) Electives. These don't quite deal with Zodiac powers, but instead complement them. For example:

For Zodiac users with commercially valuable abilities:
Entrepreneurship
Finance

For Zodiac users with combat-oriented abilities:
Tactics & Strategy
First Aid
(would qualify as a pre-med program)

(If Jen okays this, I'm sure you guys can expand this list.)

C) Zodiac power training. Because there is such a high degree of individuality, this would be very personalized. If a power fits within a certain group (e.g. 'Fire', 'Mind', 'Projectile'), students are taught in groups. For abilities that are harder to classify, students are tutored once or twice per week by someone with a comparable power; this might be Academy staff, volunteer upperclassmen, or even alumni.

Proposal 2:

Tests and competition are a big drive for students, so I believe Zodiac powers should also be tested. I'm not sure how you intended to handle it, Jen, so I'm just going to throw this out there:

Power level is measured through standardized measurements. The students' performance is graded according to their performance in tournaments.

These tournaments are not one versus one fights, but instead elaborate games designed to involve problem solving and tactics, battles in which utility-type Zodiacs can contribute just as much as raw power-type Zodiacs. (Separate tournaments for power level brackets, e.g. 0~2, 3~4, 5~6, etc.)

If we have enough active players, there are a lot of options here; a battle royale, teams of two, or even a 5vs5 team tournament. Playing out just one or two of these games could establish some interesting character dynamics before we get into the darker parts of the plot you've got planned, Jen.

Seirei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Sei, your first proposal- I think you're a mind reader. That's basically what I was thinking but you've gone and put it into words and all prettily organized and plus electives which sound fun and perfect <3
If anyone wants to add to that list that's perfect (:

I love the ideas- I had a class or two planned for my two teacher/heads, by the way, let me know if you think they work with your outline, which is what I intend on using by the way ^_- :

-Mira is the headmistress but she'll also be teaching a 'Mental ability class', or something along the lines, where the students learn to either shield their mind from mental attacks, or preform them if they have an ability that apples; This would work with option C actually, except optional, though I feel like everyone would want to be involved since we have some characters with persuasion, influence and mind reading abilities. Having a strong mentality would benefit.

-Kaine Junko will be teaching one of those common core classes, Science or Arts? maybe History? , and has a Physics Manipulation course optional to sign up for for those with abilities that apply. (since his powers work with that)
~~~

For electives, your guys' opinions would be great so we can work out some necessary NPC's to be teachers (or make them I guess idk)

The second one, like wow thank you, because I was more concerned with trying to get people into this and everything than thinking about tests. I was thinking about testing control as a main thing- i.e., specific acts they need to preform, targets to hit or something.
I love the tournament idea though, Sei you veteran 4 years of being awesome problem solver you.
~~

WHERE IS EVERYONE GET IN ON SEI's BRILLIANCE PLEASE <3.

QueenJen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby echo-of-daybreak on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:52 pm

I like the ideas. The class schedule, maybe we could have a separate OOC tab with each individual schedule or is that maybe too much? If it is maybe just a rough schedule of where people would be at certain times?

I love the testing idea of a tournament.

echo-of-daybreak
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UtaUsagi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:06 pm

I'm PMing Queen about teacher positions = )

are there other random students around? Or is there only 12 students at this school? O.o

UtaUsagi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:06 pm

The tournament is a good idea, I suggest teams of two, based on roomates.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:22 pm

There's other student Uta XD It's almost like Harry Potter in a sense- we're ignoring everyone else and focusing in on 12 first years. So when they're in class and stuff they're free to make NPC's and like mention random people, but the main characters are ours. ^_^

Echoooooo (echo echo echo) ((see what I did there))
I am gonna put together a schedule topic, probably after I figure out all the classes, so you guys will know who's going where ^_^ of course, we don't need to RP though all the classes- we can just do the main ones where they'd have them with others of the 12 so they can interact and stuff.

~~

I'm thinking for the core classes we can actually write out History and Art, since Kaine will be teaching history and Uta's working on a fun art teacher. (fine arts, not like, other xD) If you guys want to do others I can add it to the schedule so your characters can interact but I don't think they'll actually learn anything since IDK about teachers. outside core classes they should have ample time to interact as well, these classes would be more of a while group thing.

For electives, that First Aid thing would work since Uta's also debating a nurse character (I figured two would be fair since teachers would probably get less interaction). Any other electives you guys want can make a list, and we can see who's interested in what- there'd have to be 2-3 characters in the class, not necessarily learning as in having a teacher but at least doing stuff and interacting with each other.

Power training, so far I only have Mira for wide ranging 'Mental' classes, and Kaine a specific group of Physics Manipulation, which could also work as elements I guess. I'm gonna go through everyones ability now and try to group them somehow

In further news I PM'd the Scorpio reservation and if he doesn't answer by late tomorrow I'm handing it over to someone else.
Our female Capricorn did answer me so we should expect a WIP soon.

Beach, I'm about to start the roommates sheet now hehe, the teams of two can be with roommates too unless someone 'files with the teacher' that they want to switch for some reason, because they both have weak powers or something.

I always write really long messages I'm so sorry O.o

QueenJen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:55 pm

SO I KNOW I JUST POSTED IN HERE BUTTTT I SERIOUSLY NEED YOUR GUYS' OPINION:

So I'm talking about Plot lines with Uta (anyone who PM's me knows how much I love plot lines)

Since the eventual antagonist will have the ability to take away peoples Zodiac, she was coming up with ways to introduce that to the school without it being like a huge shock and surprising thing.
We're contemplating her creating an upperclassmen side character who was attacked over summer and had her Zodiac taken away. It's the first person at the school who's been affected, though there have ben rumors, so it makes the teachers aware of it and they announce to the students about strangers and the boundaries and blah blah blah.
Point is, I want you guys' approval a bit before essentially opening another character. since Uta would also be playing two of the teachers to help keep this thing on track, I don't want anyone to feel left out because they only have one character. Also, I turned down another person's request for a second older side character, so if Uta would get one they would too.

I really want you guys to give me an honest answer here, because I don't want to do something like this if you guys don't support it. The side can easily be made into an NPC if you guys don't like it <3

QueenJen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:57 pm

I suck at multicharacter but I think if they can do it, then by all means.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:05 am

Minor side characters should be be fine, but I'd really like to see each writer play one 'main' character. Seeing people interact with themselves rather than arranging a great collaborative post is frustrating. The write pad is an excellent tool!

On the topic of roommates; I'm all for pairs assigned by the GM. Whether those pairs are also teams later in the roleplay is a bridge we'll cross then - I think it'd be more interesting to team characters up with someone they dislike, or haven't interacted with yet.

Seirei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Any idea when we can start?

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Ooh shoot, sorry I wasn't on yesterday D:

We can start as soon as CloakedSchemer, who I handed over scorpio to, sends in his CP! I just sent him the message a bit ago since I didn't manage to gget on last night, sorry bout that, but hopefully we'll be rolling in a day or two :D

I have dorms done and am working on basic schedules, so I'll post one for the dorms and then figure out a way to post the schedules here in an organized way- if that doesn't work I'll PM them to you guys.

Also, I left the side character thing up to Uta- we can make an NPC topic to keep up with any random reoccurring side characters too.

I think thats it, so I'm gonna go post the dorm assignments (:

QueenJen
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!