Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Soul Eater Forever

Soul Eater Forever

a part of “Soul Eater Forever”, a fictional universe by WildSky214.

It’s been fifty years since the defeat of Asura, and a new threat has arisen.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Soul Eater Forever”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Soul Eater Forever

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:49 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Soul Eater Forever"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WildSky214
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Soul Eater Forever

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HetaGamer on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Can I reserve a weapon please?

My favorite anime is probably Hetalia

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HetaGamer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm

I'd like the other weapon please?

Favourite anime...? Jeez that is a hard one...
I'm just gonna say Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing. Since it's been my favoutire a lot.
"Life...Dreams...Hope...Where do they come from? And where do they go? None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts! Destruction...Destruction is what makes life worth living! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! Let's destroy everything!"
— Kefka Palazzo

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Can I reserve a weapon too~? and hm my favorite anime is Symphogear ^^

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow12 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:41 am

Hi I'd like to reserve a spot.
My favorite anime is probably sword art online
Could I make a weapon as well?
Thanks!

Shadow12
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hingyou on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:07 am

I was gonna reserve Weapon 1, but seeing as all weapons have been taken, could I instead go for one of the Female Witches?

Also, my favorite anime is Gintama.

Hingyou
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:04 pm

Hingyou, even if all weapons are taken, that doesn't mean all characters that can be weapons are taken ;D.

I'd like to reserve Teacher 1. She'd be a Weapon.

There are many series I liked watching more, but Angel Beats has to be my favorite.

EDIT: I see Kishin Eggs were mentioned, so I gotta ask; is this roleplay using the anime continuity, or can we refer to elements introduced in the manga as well? I watched the anime a long time ago, and I'm frankly not sure how much it covered.

(In my opinion, Soul Eater and Claymore have the worst anime original endings in history. It's an incredible pity they both got adaptations when their story did not have enough material for a full 24 episodes yet.)

Seirei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:51 pm

@Seirei

This RP is based on the anime continuation. While I know some of what happens in the manga, I'm more familiar with the anime.

WildSky214
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Alrighty. I wasn't planning on referring to any specific events, but let me know when I write something strange.

Also - are the two teachers intended to pair up, or is that partnership less set in stone?

Seirei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:04 pm

I hadn't originally thought about it, but I don't see any other way to do it. MOST weapons need a Meister. Unless you're going to make a weapon doesn't need to be wielded, and so would the other person.

WildSky214
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Thing is, teachers aren't supposed to finish their students' missions for them. This means that by design, a teacher in this roleplay is a non-combatant unless other writers intentionally make their characters falter in battle. Considering how much people like roleplaying being powerful... honestly, I don't see it happening.

I applied for a teacher knowing this, because I judged that this roleplay would have more than combat combat combat combat.

Aaaaanyway, a completely autonomous weapon like Justin or Giriko contradicts everything that makes Soul Eater interesting. Still, there is no guarantee someone will apply for Teacher 2, so I'm not making my character completely helpless. Considered a thread over at Roleplayers Wanted? (Edit: NVM :D)

Seirei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Well, not all of the story missions are gonna be ‘eliminate target’ missions. Story missions are just chunks of main storyline that is used to further the plot. Side missions are for the students and are optional missions during the sandbox periods. During story missions, you can find a way to insert yourself into the middle of things, and the sandbox period is used for character development and interaction in a slower-paced environment. During the sandbox period you have complete freedom to do whatever you want, as long as it doesn’t mess up the plot.

I guess as long as your character can fight by themselves then I guess it' fine. You won't have to fight all the time, but you will have to fight sometimes.

Did I make thing clearer? I’m not quite sure I did.

WildSky214
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I just submitted my character, do let me know if you want anything changed.

If anyone feels like they could make a character that has an interesting dynamic with her, I'm open to suggestions.

Seirei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Aaand there we go.
What is it with me...
And nearly handicapped characters...? (I have had a Legally Blind char, Selectively Mute char, and now a Hypersensitive to the point of agony of sound char)
I guess I like being different.

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driton on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:17 am

So after some consideration, and mainly after seeing Seirei's character, I have decided to request a reservation of the second teacher slot. That having been said, I'll point out that I have not been in many Role Plays at this point, so I may make some beginner mistakes. It's also been quite a few years since I watched Soul Eater, so I'll be using that wiki frequently I'm sure. My favorite anime is Pumpkin Scissors.

@Seirei
I may well have a character forming in my head that will go quite well with Samantha. As long as you are willing to partner up with a fairly new role player, I'd like to make a meister to go with your weapon. I'll send you a PM either tonight for tomorrow explaining the general idea behind him to make sure you're ok with the character.

Driton
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:38 am

I'll take it as a compliment, Driton! From the looks of your brief history on this site, I see absolutely no reason why you'd lag behind anyone, least of all myself. (The type of RP I'm interested in also happens to be the type that dies within a post round or two, so I'm not nearly as experienced a roleplayer as I'd like to be either.)

Feel free to PM me for anything. If you have a suggestion that could make Sam work better as a character, with your character, don't hesitate to ask. I love collaboration.

Seirei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hingyou on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:33 am

Seirei wrote:Hingyou, even if all weapons are taken, that doesn't mean all characters that can be weapons are taken ;D.

I'd like to reserve Teacher 1. She'd be a Weapon.

Ohohoho, I see what you did there, you treacherous thing you. ;D

I did think of that, but it didn't go well with what I had planned for the character. I mean, does this look like a teacher to you? B'sides, being evil is usually more fun and Soul Eater witches kick ass anyways.

Now, on to more important matters. Wild, since I finally gathered my thoughts and will start writing the important parts of my character such as history and personality, I was wondering if you could expand a bit more on the Witch Trimulative, since there is little information on them. For example, I'm guessing their ultimate objective is along the lines of the instinctive nature of witches of causing destruction, but is there a specific reason or other motive for them to ally? Also, they are known as a group, but are their identities and abilities known? Is their organization comprised of more than just the three of them and the Kishin Eggs they produce, like lesser witches and such? Are they aligned with the Witch Queen or are they acting on their own? Any other key steps on their plan or important details on their methods to create Kishin Eggs?

So yeah, that and anything else that could be useful would be nice. I can work around most of these for the character sheet and even the beginning of the RP since I'm guessing each of the witches can have his/her own intentions and plans, but it would still be useful to know about them. If we are not supposed to know some of the answers to these questions yet then never mind, and if those who play the witches are supposed to come up with the specific points of the organization (so just me, for now…) then never mind as well.

Witchever (yes, I just made that joke) the case, I’ll be working on my charry.

Hingyou
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:55 am

Hingyou wrote:I mean, does this look like a teacher to you?

I don't know, that guy sure looks like he's got his own brand of enlightenment to share.

Seirei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:14 pm

I forgot about the witch queen. You just gave me a plot idea!
Mabaa the Witch Queen has recently passed away, leaving a position to fill. A sort of war is being raged among the witches for the throne. A certain witch trio see this as the opportunity to assert their dominance. They start calling themselves The Witch Trimulative, and begin abducting humans to turn into Kishin eggs and to feed to the Kishin eggs. Their hope is to make an army of Kishins to march on the DWMA, and once it falls to pronounce themselves the rulers of the witches and use the Academy as their new castle. They have a few witch subordinates who are not powerful enough to nab the throne, but want to get in good with who they think will be the next rulers.

Now, Lord Death and the adult Meisters and Weapons are aware of the situation, but have kept it from the students. This will be remedied in the first story mission.

I’m probably going to claim the other female witch for myself, and because no one else seems to want to be the male witch, I thought that maybe our witches could be sisters and I would make the male witch character who would be our younger brother that we would both control. Being that there is a throne on the line, there could be a bit of sibling rivalry despite the alliance…

Are you going with an animal theme for your witch?

Also speaking to all non-Meister playing people, if no one claims the student Meister by Tuesday, would anyone be willing to play an additional character? I’d like to get the rolling by Thursday or Friday, and do the Meister/Weapon match ups on Wednesday.

WildSky214
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hingyou on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:32 pm

@Seirei
I do have to admit he seems to have figured out something we petty humans haven't.

@WildSky214
Hey, I was helpful! Niiiiiiiice.

I like the idea, and by that I mean the situation of the witches and the relationship between the members of The Witch Trimulative. Sibling rivalry is also good, but we should try not to make it too similar to the Gorgon sister, as was the case of Medusa and Arachne. We can start PMing details on their story and brother if you want; I haven’t finished writing her and I’m guessing I should revise her history a bit in light of this, but I do have everything else planned out so we can definitely coordinate many things.

And yep, I was thinking of going with an owl theme, so long as it doesn’t conflict with your idea for the other witches.

I really should finish my witch character first, but still I would be interested in the remaining Meister, that way I could still make use of Mr. Shining Crotch with a little tweaking to his character. But naturally, if a new member shows up or someone else who has finished his/her character is interested, then by all means take the role.

Hingyou
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!