Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sword Art Online: Aincrad Arc

Sword Art Online: Aincrad Arc

a part of “Sword Art Online: Aincrad Arc”, a fictional universe by KazutoK.

10,000 lucky players including yourself, managed to get their hands on the latest and greatest Virtual Reality MMO. Shortly after arrival into the fantastic new world it's population discovers they're playing for their lives

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Sword Art Online: Aincrad Arc”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Sword Art Online: Aincrad Arc

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArgoYamato on Tue May 06, 2014 12:57 am

Thanks for those kind words, earlier, Kirito! I'm so happy that you think that! Oh, I'm still here! Not leaving anytime soon!
--
When you accept reality, you give into it, give in to the power of a system that you can deny--a mockery of all that has come together to bring you where you are today.
~~Argo Yamato

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArgoYamato
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fateless on Tue May 06, 2014 4:34 am

Haha, we have a Dark Souls quest today! XDD

Praise the Sun! XD

Your quests are just amazing and hilarious, Kirito XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fateless
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Tue May 06, 2014 6:00 am

Sorry for leaving you out of the loop, Zalgo. We really got into things last night.

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue May 06, 2014 9:15 pm

It's alright. Considering how little time I've had to be around these last six or seven days I'd of just slowed everything down when there was clearly a moment going on. I still got a decent post in nonetheless.

Also, a slight error in Syao's post. Triangle has no cooking skill listed on his character sheet. Since he couldn't of possibly made food just by taking ingredients and just putting them together with a pot and fire (Flexibility of reality in a video game? Do we dare dream?) That does stand out as odd.
If there is a signature here it is because the author probably forgot to disable it before posting.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syao4500 on Tue May 06, 2014 9:34 pm

I assumed that it was still possible to manually cook using really basic ingredients; the oatmeal didn't require very special ingredients, and was mainly mixing and heating up over a fire. It's kind of like being able to wield a sword but not having the mastery skill, you can still swing the sword, but you're not going to be very good at it. I also remembered kirito being able to apply creme to bread despite him lacking the cooking skill.

It's really hard to know where the boundaries are with VRMMOs...

Syao4500
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Tue May 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Perhaps we should say that its taste is...less than stellar, as a result. Hah. Though no, the cream-bread thing I don't think really involves the cooking skill.

Let's have some applause for my amazingly terrible skills when it comes to explaining things, people.

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KazutoK on Wed May 07, 2014 8:12 am

I didn't Cooked the cream or made the bread I bought it all. Syao you do need a cooking skill to even try to make anything close to what you described on your post that was at least 75% level cooking other wise anything you made not only will it taste terrible it will not work and your burn/destroy the items you tried to cook. The system works this way because there isn't a need for a cooking skill that why is listed none combat is only if you wished to learn it other wise plenty of food in towns stores. The whole being able to swing a sword well if you remember Klein could swing a sword with out the skill and ended up being beating by a boar which mean he wasn't able to utilize the sword properly and thus everything he did fail. Another thing Syao is your arm better now didn't want to say a thing but remember videogame your limbs can be cut off and they would be back the next day if you survived.

KazutoK
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Wed May 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Quite true Kirito. One could say Triangles cooking has crossed the boundaries of good taste... Hah! Managed to use that joke at last.

In Syao's defense however if his arm was damaged he does not have battle healing meaning his health doesn't regenerate passively. Unless there is a universal health regeneration rate in Sword Art Online he might still be stuck at the level of injury he's at unless he uses a crystal or potion, sort of like in Dark Souls.

However reading the wiki for Sword Art Online there is actually a "Limb Loss" status effect which is typically short unless under special circumstances.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Wed May 07, 2014 9:13 pm

*claps for Zalgo's joke*

It probably would be best if Syao came out and said this himself, but I'll try and write about Triangle's condition (as Syao described it to me that is).

You all recall the Zerker Mushroom that he ate to battle those bears? The Zerker Mushroom applies a number of debuffs upon consumption, including having broken limbs and preventing any healing, even from items. It even applies a debuff that causes the duration of all other debuffs to extend for days.

As this is Syao's concept, that's all I can say on the subject. We'll just have to assume he's figured out how long Triangle's going to be going about with those debuffs.

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KazutoK on Wed May 07, 2014 9:59 pm

Soulies you are in charge I have to take some days off so make a couple quest for them and yara yara yara if you need reference to things ask Nightblazer, well c'ya if you want to move floor please be my guest is up to you. Kirito is off the table for anyone consider him dead until further notice.

KazutoK
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Thu May 08, 2014 3:01 am

As of today for a bit of a while my schedules are far more open. You guys can expect a fair bit more posts from me now.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue May 13, 2014 11:09 pm

@Kirito - I noticed your latest post on the roleplay. Right now the four of us at the boulder trial are stuck around the point where Hisui attempted to talk with Mirai and Triangle. From the looks of it, Soulies hasn't replied to Nightblazer so we were kinda stuck around that.

If Nightblazer is good with it I'd recommend just Magnus and Hisui head to town in a party. The others could still join us when we get back to the boulder challenge or at some point in between if necessary.

I'd post right now but I'd like to know what you guys think of that before we move forward.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArgoYamato on Tue May 13, 2014 11:36 pm

@Kirito - Heeeeey ^_^! Sorry for taking so long with the quest, Kirito. But, Fate and I are done, for now and ready to proceed with the RP as you like! We were about to embark upon another quest but, if you have plans--let the plans proceed! And, yes, let's not let this RP die!

ArgoYamato
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Wed May 14, 2014 5:58 am

So Soulies never made any public statement about it, huh...I guess I'll speak out for her.

Right now, in the US, the AP exams are going on. Soulies told me she couldn't post right away because she was studying for them, but I figure she's been too busy preparing to worry about this RP. And yes, the AP exams are VERY important for our education in the US.

The last AP exams are this Friday. I expect we'll hear from Soulies shortly after that. I'm personally in favor of waiting, but I figure most of you don't care about her circumstances at all.

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Wed May 14, 2014 4:20 pm

@Nightblazer - If you think I'm not sympathetic to her situation you'd be mistaken. I do understand being stuck in something necessary, unable to resume posting in any reasonable fashion because of it. If she plans to put forward her post after Friday that is quite acceptable by me for I am not impatient.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KazutoK on Thu May 15, 2014 9:40 am

I know about the AP is not harder than the test to get into highschool here so if she is absent that is a good excuse just let me now. See if I was made aware of this situation I would have been fine with it but people I told you if you have a situation and need to leave don't leave without telling anyone, and if someone told you they were leaving I expect to hear the news as soon as possible, it's rule c'mon to avoid this kind of situations, please next time you have to leave I understand life happens so just let me know so i'm not wondering where you are.

KazutoK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soulies on Thu May 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Oh jeez.. Sorry for not leaving a note of absence.. I swore I did, but then again this site isn't doing very well for me... Plus once im off to study.. haha.. Im not stopping.
Anyhow, exams are.. FINALLY over- Thank the lords, and Im planning to return to my active self once again (especially since summer is right around the corner!)

Now thank you NIGHTBLAZER for posting for me when my post didnt make it ; A ; its a very nice thing for you to do for me, so I owe you big time (really, I love you, my heart is for you now huehue).

And also thanks for the others who were reasonable with my situation, Zalgo, Kirito.
It was my mistake as a GM not to double check, hopefully all of you will forgive me!

Soulies
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syao4500 on Thu May 15, 2014 10:59 pm

-crawls out of the woods-
Guys?
Guys hey?
I took my exams too...

Syao4500
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sun May 18, 2014 6:23 pm

@Syao - That's good. I do hope they went well for you. Now we can start moving forward once we get a response on the Mirai/Triangle front.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syao4500 on Mon May 19, 2014 12:39 pm

(meme was here)
Last edited by Syao4500 on Wed May 21, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Syao4500
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!