Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Celestian

Celestian

a part of “Celestian”, a fictional universe by Felilla.

Several teenagers with strange abilities are sent to the most prestigious school in 2019 America. What secrets does the seemingly normal school hide? {ACCEPTING}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Celestian”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Celestian

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:18 pm

*cackles maniacally as she presses her luck against someone who's already shown he has years of TRAINED experience and will use them* *also how does that much sound in a cat's ears feel?*
Last edited by Thundergod1020 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:26 pm

*chuckles sarcastically watching from a safe distance*
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Half-Dragon on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:32 pm

*Laughs freely the mad laugh of the doomed. DOOMED!*
It's gonna be a long drive home,
'Cause now it's all over
But the memories remain.
(How could we ever forget?)
As darkness falls we're tired and worn
But we'll do it all again!

Half-Dragon
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:52 pm

From this point on, Kevin is going to constantly assume Andy has no idea what's going on anywhere around him.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cordeaux on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Woah dude, one-liner alert. That's gotta be a no-no surely?

Cordeaux
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Yeah I was kinda shocked by the one line also I'm going to post for Ry soon but I'm very curios to see what happens with you guys.

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:55 pm

@Thundergod... Seriously? Like, honest to goodness. That gauged no fucking reaction from him? How would you feel if a tiger literally dropped from the sky, snarling and growling, five feet away from you?

Not to mention, the sound he made probably would have made her go deaf.

I liked Dragon's response, but yours was way out of line. Like seriously. And the one liner? Were you too impatient to wait for me to post?

I can honestly say that I dislike your character greatly, mainly because his actions are a bit much, even for someone of his personality. I'm not trying to tell you how to make a character or play one, but he always has to one up everybody, right? That's just how it works?

I'm sorry if this is rude but I'm a bit aggravated and I honestly don't know how to respond to that post logically. Just wondering if anyone agrees with me.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if its just me, but Kevin's powers seem like a bit much. How in the world did he turn a few feet of guitar string into freaking gauntlets that amplify sound? That doesn't make sense. Gauntlets don't even do that. They're just a piece of armor around the wrist. If that were a thing, then Kevin would have to study freaking blue prints of it to actually visualize how to make it. Plus, if he's shouting at her, most of the sound waves are going in her direction. Unless he had the gauntlets near his mouth, how would they amplify is voice. Gauntlets?

Not to mention, I feel his powers are way too, well, over-powered considering the point of this roleplay was to make characters who were to be brought to the school to learn how to use their powers. Aaaaalso, his powers stem into people's actual bodies? Magneto couldn't even control the iron in people's blood, and the one time he did, the guy had a shit ton of extra iron put in him before hand by Mystique. The average person only had like 3 grams of iron in their blood. How can he practically control them if he A) Cannot visually see where the iron is, or B) Control such a small amount in such small, specific areas of the body and not totally fuck up the person physically. Does Kevin know exactly where the hemoglobin in her body is? No.

I once again apologize for my rage because this is so god damn frustrating.
Last edited by Starlight77 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Music speaks only to those who wish to hear it."

Starlight77
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cordeaux on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:01 pm

I agree with Starlight about Kev having to 1-up everybody but like my character I'm staying out of arguments so that's all I'll say on the matter.

Cordeaux
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cordeaux on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Also one-liners. One. Liners. There is a rule enforcing 200 words minimum. Whatever.

*EDIT* Actually it turns out there isn't, it's just preferred. I'm an idiot.

Cordeaux
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Well, because I felt like somehow I was being rejected so I've to find a way to follow the story stream. I couldn't come up with any other ideas so, yeah :)

chrian.
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:25 pm

Starlight, need I mention again he's had experience at this school? To him, a tiger dropping down in front of him is like watching someone grow a giant oak from an acorn in a minute, or watching someone move around as if they'd switched off gravity. It's not that big a shock. Also, Kevin is an actor from a long line of actors groomed to be an actor, whether he liked it or not. And he's a master, at that. Yeah, it took him off guard, but he's every bit as capable of hiding his actual emotions as he is showing them.

As for powers, Magneto's power is SPECIFICALLY magnetism, hence the name. Kevin Stihl(pronounced STEEL) controls ALL aspects of the metal itself, including shape and durability. He could have made those gauntlets wafer-thin and hollow on the inside to reverb sound and they'd remain effective. With that same note(pun intended), he can also change their acoustics to vibrate at the same tone as his voice while amplifying the volume as he yells and sound resonates across the surface, something he's declared experience in, much like his blood control, which he's already shown to be mediocre at best(i.e., he can't rip the iron out of their bodies or make them dance like puppets, only change a few aspects of it while it's inside them, which alone can carry him pretty far with a basic knowledge of anatomy). While yeah, I understand upon reviewing the post I made on a lack of sleep that a drop in temperature is out of bounds and will be removed, I also have to point out that I clearly stated in his powers he is fully aware of all metal within a certain range of him, akin to a sixth sense. Before you say it should be unbearable to know where metal is 24/7, realize that your roommate can read minds, so it's kind of hard to let logic control most of this argument.

Finally, Kevin's personality. Yeah, it's chafing, because I MEANT it to be. Kevin has to be the best, even if it means doing stupid shit most people normally wouldn't and even if it turns away a few people. You try spending every day of your life constantly criticized for not living up to expectations set on you before you had self-awareness and not developing a complex. Believe me, it sucks. And the crippling fear of being alone makes it a vicious cycle, where you attempt to build relationships, lose them, then panic at not having friends, so you tend to seek affection in any way you can.

P.S., I apologize for the oneliner, Cordeaux, and to you, Chrian, for not including you, but Kevin didn't really have much to say there, but he felt it necessary to say. I was simply dictating his immediate response to someone waltzing in and not feeling the tension in the area, not giving a set prose on what he thought of the new guy who he wasn't really focusing on so he wouldn't get eaten horribly.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Toxic Cereus on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Why is my character mentioned in this. I don't get how this has anything to do with me/her.

The Toxic Cereus
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:55 pm

I still can't get over the fact that they're Gauntlets. Pieces of armor around the wrists. Once again, the sound waves are moving towards Tigress, and much less so directly underneath his mouth. Also, that would only really produce a sound about as loud as a cheerleading, nonelectronic megaphones.

And those examples you gave don't really prove a threat to Kevin. And you say his control of the iron in humans isn't good, yet he almost killed Ry by accident.

I also don't want to get into an argument about who's character has the saddest backstory.

Oh, and is it in common knowledge to know that a tiger's roar reaches over 100 decibels to someone standing close by and can be heard from miles away? No? Just me, the animal geek over here?

Alright, whatever, I'll look past the other shit. But how do you expect me to respond to that? All of the responses I've thought up are rather extreme and involve either A) Tigress losing control and attempting to kill Kevin, or B) Tigress going partially fucking deaf if that sound is as loud as you say it is. I don't want either of those things to happen considering I don't want everyone to hate Tigress already and I don't want any permanent damage to her hearing considering, ahem, its her strongest sense.

Starlight77
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Half-Dragon on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:16 pm

Guys, I get that this is a touchy subject, but can we please cool down? I'm not saying there aren't points being made here, but it doesn't help getting mad, justified or not.

Star, I know what a pain it is to feel written into a corner, but I'm sure there's a way to deal with this. If there's any way I can help with that, just say the word and I'll be glad to.

Half-Dragon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:38 pm

Hey hey hey how bout this I get Ry in there to do his flashy show so that you guys can hate on him without hating on each other how does that sound? It keeps the story going and it's not out of character for him.

P.S. I don't want to steal the show or anything I just thought it would be a logical solution

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:42 pm

I appreciate what you guys are trying to do, but I feel like adding Ry into the situation would only make it more confusing and hectic than it already is.

And I actually liked your post, Dragon, because you're character actually expressed an emotion that made sense. And you actually described the emotion.

I'm sorry if I sound really pissy but I'm just... aggravated. I want to keep the roleplay going but Thunder's post just confuses and frustrates me.

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:13 am

Well, sorry if I suddenly jumped in without knowing anything. It just that I have the feeling that I was being rejected and I just want to take part in something. If you feel uneasy then I'll just edit that part out, end of story.

chrian.
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Half-Dragon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:36 am

It's not your fault, there's no need to edit anything. Though your character may get caught up in the crazy. Fair warning.

Half-Dragon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:39 pm

So... where do we go from here?

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:56 pm

I have no idea. I'm just waiting for Thunder to respond. I just altogether don't like/understand Thunder's last, full post.

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!