Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Island | Secrets

The Island | Secrets

a part of “The Island | Secrets”, a fictional universe by Ula.

You wake up and find yourself on a strange island with no memory of how you got there and soon discover that the inhabitants of the island are not exactly what they appear to be at first glance. Everyone has a secret. What's yours?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Island | Secrets”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Island | Secrets

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:54 pm

I started writing in 23nd grade.

The first concept I had was solid, down to the point where I kinda want to make an RP about it here, but the writing and content... *cringe*
No.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IvyCoppersky on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Ah, i know how you feel. I actually ran into the first book I ever wrote a couple weeks ago when I was going through my old binders in my desk. I was eight when I wrote it, and I was soooooo proud! ..... it was horrible. It was high-school level in articulation, but the grammar... when I re-read it, I fervently thanked god I didn't go through with getting it published. Luckily, the practice at writing elevated my articulation to college-level and my grammar to early high-school level by the time I was in 6th grade. So, my second book really was ok, the one I wrote in 7th. But good god, that 4th grade one...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IvyCoppersky
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:06 pm

To be honest, English is my second language. I didn't start on writing in English late in my education, and only started to roleplay (in an attempt to be better in English) when I was in 8th grade. Looking back at my writing (because he did a time capsule in 7th grade and I had to write in English only) I much say that it is pretty hilarious how back it is xD

Dementedness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:31 pm

ETA on the launch?

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ISpeakTheTruth on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:42 pm

The first thing I ever wrote (story wise, anyway) was a Jack Sparrow tale where he lost his hat and had to go find it. I can't even read what it says now, but at the time I was probably thinking it was amazing.

Anywho, I know that this is extremely short notice, but I'll be leaving for New Jersey at noon tomorrow and will be gone for 10 days. I don't know when this RP will start, but if it gets going while I'm away then you guys can do whatever you want with my character, or leave him out and I'll think of a way to bring him in once I'm back.

ISpeakTheTruth
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:41 pm

//Religiously checks until roleplay begins.
Castle

Castle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Property Buyer Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Sooooo... Ded?

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:53 am

Dead before it was even up.

Dementedness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:53 am

Here lies The Island.

It dieded before it had a chance to liveded.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quitelovely487 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Would could start without Ula.
ImageImage

Quitelovely487
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Yeah. We could always start without her. After all, I feel this roleplay is more character-driven than GM-driven, if you catch my cold -sneezes.-

Anyways, I would be up to put the first post if y'all want.

Dementedness
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:06 pm

Dementedness wrote:Yeah. We could always start without her. After all, I feel this roleplay is more character-driven than GM-driven, if you catch my cold -sneezes.-

Anyways, I would be up to put the first post if y'all want.

In such a case, let the coup begin!

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:09 pm

I don't know about starting w/o Ula...how would you like it if like you ended up in the hospital or wherever Ula is, totally incapable of writing you idea -- and then your roleplayers just like started without you. :(

Castle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Property Buyer Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:31 am

Castiel_Told_Me_To wrote:I don't know about starting w/o Ula...how would you like it if like you ended up in the hospital or wherever Ula is, totally incapable of writing you idea -- and then your roleplayers just like started without you. :(

Something as drastic as a hospital is (hopefully) rather unlikely, maybe she just forgot about this or her internet went out.

Either way, I feel as if people should say if they don't want people starting without them.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:53 am

Well, you have two options:

Either A) we wait for Ula. Since she's MIA, we can't really guess when she'll come back, and therer is a chance that she might not be able to come back :/ It would hinder on our interest of the roleplay (at least, for me)

Or B) We start without her. As said, it is unlikely that this plot is entirely GM-driven. Starting without her wouldn't hinder her being here, just that it might slightly not fun.

Dementedness
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm really sorry for my negative attitude, everyone, but forgive me if I find this to be a rather helpless idea.

Castle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quitelovely487 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:03 pm

If you guess feel this is worth wild I will definitely try and put a post up tomorrow.

Quitelovely487
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:04 am

Castiel_Told_Me_To wrote:I'm really sorry for my negative attitude, everyone, but forgive me if I find this to be a rather helpless idea.

It is okay. By experience, when the GM is away the roleplay dies. I don't want this one to die like the other did.

Dementedness
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Dementedness wrote:
Castiel_Told_Me_To wrote:I'm really sorry for my negative attitude, everyone, but forgive me if I find this to be a rather helpless idea.

It is okay. By experience, when the GM is away the roleplay dies. I don't want this one to die like the other did.

Too late.

Shall I bring out the burial flowers?

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Yeah. I mean, we could go with the little people we have, but is it really worth it? :/

Dementedness
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!