Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Dirt

The Dirt

a part of “The Dirt”, a fictional universe by Nihilist.

6 Forgotten heroes around the world die simultaneously. Quietly. Unnoticed. In the same instant, 6 children are born, destined to unite against the purest of all evils... But the Dirt has other plans. [FULL!]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Dirt”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Dirt

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm an awful GM, honestly. You don't want that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:45 pm

I say we give him until Friday to show, then we bail. And if that's the case, I might pick up and GM.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ruth Soul <3 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:21 pm

I can agree with this.
"I'll take a potato
chip... AND EAT IT!"

Ruth Soul <3
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nihilist on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Hey guys... Sorry I've been gone. I went to a... Place. For certain things I did.

I went to the hospital for some stupid self-harm shit and then to a bullshit therapy thing, I'm here now. Apparently burning yourself with a heated up screwdriver shift can cause 3rd degree burns. The more you know.

Senpai and mortalcreator: I envisioned it as the 6 friends are all walking home from school one day to hang out all someone's house, and they get stop by a strange looking old man. It turns out to be a minion of the dirt (humanoid dirt creatures imitating humans) then someone's powers trigger and they kill it, then symbols on everyone's palms start to glow representing their powers.

Ruth Soul <3: It would be relative to the strength of their will. If your character had very little training in her power, but your aspect of annihilation had been relentlessly practicing, he'd overpower you.

I'll make my character and have annihilation intro post soon, sorry for delay...

Nihilist
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:56 pm

Ah, the old psych ward. I remember those days. Totally get it. No worries. Hate how they don't let you contact the outside world... No hard feelings. Glad to see you're back. I hope you're doing better. And as someone who's dealth with self-injury, emotional disorders and psych wards myself, my IMs and Inbox are always open if you need me for anything, okay?

Thank you for answering my question. That helps me get a feel for things.

When your character is made, please message me. We need to discuss character relations and whatnot so I can figure out the deal with our Astral bond and yaddayadda.

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxMCxMIKEYxx on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Nice to have you back!So looking forward to the role-play!

I really hope you feel better, but I don't know any encouraging stuff to say to cheer you up, because it's never happened to me..But seriously, hope you feel better!

xxMCxMIKEYxx
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Question! Can I be the one whose power awakens at the dirt monster? I've kind of got a picture in my head on how it would go. I mean, if someone else wants it, feel free. My mental picture was just really neat I:

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mortalcreator on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:04 pm

@ Nihilist: Nice to have you back! I'm sorry about that. :\ Like Mikey said, I haven't been though that, so I don't really know what to say that might help. But thanks for coming back! I'm super excited for the roleplay (even though I'm not finished with my character yet...OTL). Another question: what are the symbols, exactly? I understand that they represent everyone's respective powers, but where are they from? Are they an ancient language or something completely alien? Will our characters have some sort of innate knowledge of what the symbols represent, or will they have to figure it out? Sorry if that's too many questions, I just got kinda excited about what you mentioned in your last post. (^-^)\

@ Senpai: I know I can't speak for everyone, but I personally don't mind!

mortalcreator
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nihilist on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:27 am

Thanks for the kind words, everyone c: I love all of you <3

Senpai: I'm okay with it :)

mortalcreator: The symbols are natural representations of of the spirits. Imagine like... Atoms of Iron look different than atoms of Barium. It's just a way to discern that are naturally formed. There's no rhyme or reason to it, simply a formation brought forth by the very nature of the spirits, such as a molecular arrangements. No human was like "It's gonna be this way". It just. Happened. You guys can design your own if you desire c:

Intro post tomorrow at ~4pm CST. Be there. (And post your character [glares at mortalcreator with the intensity of yer mum's ass] soon!)

Nihilist
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mortalcreator on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:53 pm

NOT MY MOTHER'S ASS!

I've posted her, I've posted her! Sorry for taking so long!

mortalcreator
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Oh my God that GIF Mortal.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mortalcreator on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:15 pm

I'll be here all week.

mortalcreator
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Oh boy, are we posting reaction gifs now?

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nihilist on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:31 am

Work ruins all good things. I will make an intro post in a few, then we can all get started!

Nihilist
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:22 am

So no intro post tonight? :P

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxMCxMIKEYxx on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:00 am

I'm so excited to get this going!YAY!!!!!

@Senpai I don't mind if you want your character to have that role.

Oh & one more thing... I fricken love your FC Ni, I love 'Say I Love You' ! I've seen the anime, and read the manga, and i'm so totally obsessed with it.. Cx

xxMCxMIKEYxx
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Oh shit, MC with the Chuunibyou. Touka is best girl ♥

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nihilist on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Sleep ruins good things too. IM ACTUALLY GONNA POST NOW.

xxMCxMIKEYxx: Thanks c:

Lezz do this.

Nihilist
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxMCxMIKEYxx on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:17 pm

OH . MY. GOD. YAS!

@Senpai, well, I was actually just looking at anime gifs for my icon, but i'll be sure to check that anime out!

xxMCxMIKEYxx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:30 pm

Oh, for the record, I wanted to point something out. Jack is the youngest of 5 kids and her older brothers are all moved out and stuff. So there's spare room and empty rooms at his place. So in the chance that any characters ever needed to run away in the past or just escape, Jack's would always be open to your characters. He's that kind of guy and stuff. So yeah. Jack's could be a regular place for you guys. I:

Senpai
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!