Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Daertalmos Online

Daertalmos Online

a part of “Daertalmos Online”, a fictional universe by ~Living-Dead Doll~.

A new game has launched, however within hours, there is a mass virus that goes out, trapping several players in the game. What will you do when your life becomes a game?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Daertalmos Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Daertalmos Online

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:55 am

I noticed you already had an inventory up on the page, so I didn't really think about it. I'm very sorry. It didn't really need anything added other than how much money your character has (which I just noticed).
Here is your coin-purse: *Hands over satchel of coins*

Coinpurse | 2 Gold Coins | 508 Silver Coins | 329 Copper Coins

The equipment is fine. Feyblue has a full uniform that basically levels up as she does, so as long as you kinda keep it the same way and not too powerful, I don't mind. Being a beta, you would have had a chance to level a little bit and find cool stuff. It seems like everyone is wanting really cool armour, so I'm kinda overlooking it. As long as there is no god modding and you keep the armour/weapons around your level, I don't mind.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:21 am

I'm not entirely sure what the stats of a level 15 armor would be. As far as armor goes, the elven shit is just pretty good for a level 15 armor, but it has no scaling so it'll be more or less useless within five levels.

Anyway

uh besides from my writing sample I think I'm more or less done with Licht.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:31 am

...I will get with my expert (*cough* Feyblue) and get back to you on the stats.
Ah ok, that works fine then.

Alright, if you want to post a really brief writing sample and post, I'm ok with that. The writing sample was mainly for people who aren't social in the OOC or I can't really tell their writing style/or how they write from their profiles. All in all, it was to weed out those who post one liners.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:51 pm

Alright, sample finished. I will move onto my first post~!

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Awesome Pants! Thanks. I look forward to seeing your first post.

Announcement!
We now have a write pad for Daertalmos Online! You can post questions there or collaborate future posts.
Here is the link

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:59 pm

Huh.

You know, the last thing I expected was for Aoife, the escapist roleplayer, to be the only one taking being stuck in a game seriously.

Shows what I know.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Veran's just in a state of denial, he's taking this as lightly as he can because if he thinks too hard about it, he'll just have a panic attack or existential crisis, and that's going to be bad for him. Might make that a story element later, and also I assume the Vrylos and all of his minions are the main story arc bosses and raid bosses and that we're going to party up because safety in numbers right?
I've got none that's good. So... yeah.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyx on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Sorry I haven't posted yet. Sorry, I had a very busy day. I will likely be able to post tomorrow. My workload should be smaller then.

Lyx
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:50 pm

Licht is a go-with-the-flow kinda guy so he shouldn't be expected to panic too much. He did when he was in excruciating pain, as anybody else with an average pain tolerance might, but as long as he's not in a constant state of hurt, then he'll be pretty chill.

I did not plan for him to act very serious until we ended up dealing with foes that actually had the possibility of perma-killing us, in which case he'll react more realistically. Licht is supposed to be most of the comedic relief. When the funny guy stops being funny, then you know you have a very serious problem.

Also I would like to point out since I don't technically have a bio for him that Licht is a pretty popular internet star guy. Think something like Videogame Dunkey or the like.

INB4 PewDiePie =_=

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:29 pm

Same way with Aoife, kinda. She was a bit freaked out for a while, but managed to keep a cool head and realize that there wasn't much she could do to better herself, but she could still help other people, thus allowing her to remain relatively unconcerned about the danger to herself. Hurray for denial of the self, because that always ends well!

As for Licht, I kinda figured that much. I was mostly commenting on Veran, given that he seemed pretty much apathetic to the whole situation. Reading his intro, it seemed sort of like a "Bees. My god," moment. XD

Although, back on the subject of Licht, admittedly, Aoife is probably going to have a major part in any and all shenanigans, too, in that she's very literal minded and focused and thus is perfect for being The Comically Serious. She should make a good boke to Licht's tsukkomi, and foil to his gadfly tendencies.

Also, so long as you don't start picking up random objects and giving them names or referring to everyone as your bros, Pantsman, you should be fine on the Pewdie front.

On a completely unrelated note, I do have a rather pressing question for Doll. Namely, on a scale from "Welcome to Corneria!" to Log Horizon, about how developed and/or self-aware are the NPCs in this VRMMO? Just curious, since we're probably going to be interacting with some soon.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:13 am

Eh, I kinda want my character to panic about the news of being trapped, but honestly I know she would be ok with it, to the point of bordering happy about it. I mean, of course she is shocked by the news but other then that, she feels like it's truly a real chance at a almost complete new life.

No worries Lyx. I understand everyone has a life.

As for everyone else, I love the posts so far!! I will have mine up tonight. I have most of it written out already, but I'm thinking I should make it shorter, since on paper I already have 3 pages....

That's a good question Fey! I was actually going to post a scene with a NPC, but decided to save it for later. The most NPCs have personalities but their dialogue is a bit limited. You can ask them questions about items they sell, things about their location, and quests, but that's about it for the interactive dialogue. However, this doesn't mean they don't make side comments. For instance, in the Second Ring of Faclarebal there is this really shady and shabby looking tavern that has this really old NPC as the bartender. She is human and is pretty rude to any character that is a Duinehithe. She gives dirty looks and says some pretty mean things. But, even if the player tries to strike up a conversation with her as to why she doesn't like them, she grumbles and walks away. So, like I said, they have personalities and can answer some basic questions. I hope that makes sense.

Also, as a side note and update, I will be posting a chart for exp at different levels. I have 1-10 done, but I need to figure out the math for the rest of them. Also, I will try to make the next field for the beta testers, but please know your going to have to travel through the Bale forest to get there.

EDIT: Here are levels 1-25. This should buy me a little time so I can work on the monsters and the next field.
Lv. | EXP
*Level 2 | 42
*Level 3 | 88
*Level 4 | 120
*Level 5 | 272
*Level 6 | 382
*Level 7 | 557
*Level 8 | 782
*Level 9 | 1202
*Level 10 | 2448
*Level 11 | 8,876
*Level 12 | 11,069
*Level 13 | 13,566
*Level 14 | 16,384
*Level 15 | 19,541
*Level 16 | 23,054
*Level 17 | 26,942
*Level 18 | 31,221
*Level 19 | 35,912
*Level 20 | 41,032
*Level 21 | 42,365
*Level 22 | 47,854
*Level 23 | 53,787
*Level 24 | 60,182
*Level 25 | 67,059
Last edited by ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:35 am

Doll, my post was 4k words long. XD Length won't be a problem. Well, at least not for me. XD

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:23 pm

lol thanks Fey. I decided there will be plenty of chances for it to be added, so I would save it for when my brain is dead and I don't have a good enough post.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:35 pm

Why do the level 9+ monsters drop novice health potions when they are basically useless to the characters that are likely to kill them?

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Because I was copy/pasting and didn't notice that. lol Thank you. I'll go fix it right now.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:18 am

Part 1 and 2 of my three part post. If anyone wants to meet him out before he leaves the city, you'd better do it soon or else he's going out solo.

That isn't a problem for me.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:04 pm

EDIT:
A collaborated post between Lyx and myself should be up sometime tomorrow morning. is up!
Lyx, sorry if I missed some of the coding. I edited my part of the post a lot and then tried to go over it all, adding both our dialogue/thought coding, but I might have missed some. Sorry. Just let me know if I need to fix anything (if you can't edit it).

RCJJ23- I am still working on the stats, but if you would like to wing it so you can post, go ahead. Fey is back though and said he is working on the stat post again.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:54 pm

ayy lmao 2.0

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:00 pm

So is anybody still alive? Am I supposed to post? Are we supposed to post? D:

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:15 pm

I'm still here. I have been waiting on you and Fey. I thought you two were going to be writing up a post, and I didn't want to rush you lol
I wont be around tonight or tomorrow though. My mom is having surgery and I have drive her there and then back home. Just thought I would let you guys know in case you are wondering where I am.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!