Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Out Among the Stars

Out Among the Stars

a part of “Out Among the Stars”, a fictional universe by ArabiaKnight.

In a world of twelve kingdoms and one king and queen, Anything can happen. When a brutal war breaks out between the two rulers. One must decide which side to take. Love or Hate, War or Peace, Trust or Betrayal. You must choose what means the most to you.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Out Among the Stars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Out Among the Stars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Hello everyone,
I know I've been a bit absent in messaging you guys but I just wanted to remind everyone to post once a week. If that is not something that could happen, please PM me or post here on the OOC that you will not be able to reply to the rp this week. Once a week is a small request but please keep in mind an rp is a group effort. I can only do so much as GM.

That said, I hope everyone is having a good time over the holiday season! Small things I may request you to do if you feel like it and/or are waiting for a response.

• Locate your NPCs! They may become important to you later!
  • Fill out applications for one on one's or creatures. That could take a lot of time.
  • Expand on your character's past or family.

That's all from me. Happy Holidays!

ArabiaKnight
The starting point in a fall cannot be pinpointed. It is impossible.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArabiaKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantheran on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:47 pm

Ara~~~ What season it is in the rp? Not sure if this has already told in somewhere but too lazy to look for it when getting the answer this way faster xD
Don't worry, I don't bite...
But I might scratch

=^.^=

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pantheran
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:59 am

Hi Pantheran!

It should be around the end of spring/beginning of summer.

ArabiaKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:04 am

Oh that's good xD I was hoping it was anything but fall xD

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantheran on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:00 am

.... *goes to re-write my post*

Pantheran
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:02 am

Sorry I had a post two days ago but it got deleted by my sister's demonic computer and I haven't had the time to rewrite it. I'll get on it asap.

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantheran on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:16 pm

Ouch that sucks! And no worries, you're not that much behind as the meeting with neutral parties has just begun. The first few post were just Zari and Sterling negotiating themselves :p

Pantheran
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Hi, all! It's been a while since I've posted on here but I do find it a bit important to bring up some topics.

I am aware the holidays are coming up and you may not be able to reply to the rp. I understand this. However, the Automatic Death Policy will be deterred. Please contact me if you will be too busy to reply for three weeks. I ask that you give an estimate of when you will be able to come back, even if it's a range. If there are certain problems that arise that prevent you from setting a date, then I will talk to you with how to make it work. It just requires talking to me about this.

Currently, Wenall will be an NPC for a while until Els can return. Sagittarius no longer has a Princess or leader, just a group of rowdy archaeologists who are somewhat pissed that the Hall of Heroes fell.

That's it from me. Wishing you the best,

ArabiaKnight

ArabiaKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:37 am

*hisses violently*
Image"The answers in the stars...."HEY YOU! CLICK THIS

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:53 am

Hey, Cos, something up?

ArabiaKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Finals ; x ;

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:16 am

Hi everyone. It's come to my attention that everyone is busy this time of year and that is completely understandable. Due to this, I will be putting the rp in "hiatus". I am unsure of if this is a good idea or not or whether people will lose interest but I have a firm belief that this is what is needed so as not to pressure more responses. This is not a forced hiatus. If you wish to post, you are allowed to do so in response to another person. However, you may not control another person's character without prior permission.

If you wish to keep active in this rp over this hiatus, you may consult with another rper to ask if they would like to do a character specific rps. You are also allowed to also use the crack rp chat if you would like. If you have any questions, please PM me.

ArabiaKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Hello all!

It's a brand new year with a continuing rp! Out Among The Stars will officially be off hiatus on the second week of January (Jan 10-17). If you did not post over the hiatus, you will not be excused this week for not posting. It will be regular schedule after that week which means 1 post per week. For those who have spoken to me, you are excused and your characters may be used as NPCs until further notice. I ask that we all work on at least posting for one of our characters and opening up communication when possible. This is an rp and we can't continue without everyone's support.

Posting wise, I still have a backbone of a plot to bring the rp around if we become victim to inactivity. More on this as we progress. Please make sure to keep my updated on your activity.

A Happy New Year,

ArabiaKnight

ArabiaKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:38 am

Hereby getting out word of my continued existence lol
Anyways just wanted to say that I'll post as soon as Sterling has been posted for. Not pressuring but I just wanted to let you guys know so you would know in advance why I'm not posting yet.
Anyways! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! =)

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantheran on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:28 am

To Lost and Lufia!
I'm pretty sure that Rain is waiting you guys to reply my post with Zari before she's going to post with Sterling. So if you both are waiting her we're going to be stuck forever xD

Pantheran
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Well sterling is the only one who hasn't posted since Silvestra arrived so I would assume I should wait so I can post in response to all three people.

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantheran on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:27 am

I talked yesterday to Rain via skype to confirm the situation and this is her exact words:

"I feel awkward about posting for Sterling due to the need for another full posting cycle since I had you post before Sterling so it's really hard. I'd rather just be able to post fully for both cycles then just mess up everything."

Also the reason I'm posting this is because she tried to change her email and is now somehow stuck. So I assume she's not able to post in a while either. But I let you guys know of I heard something from her again ^^

Pantheran
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:34 am

*appears* Yo ho ho! Peoples!

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OtakuD1213 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Hey guys, I quit the RP. It's just not working out for me anymore, y'know. I might come back later but I make no promises.

It's been fun! Peace out—
"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."
-Gloria Steinem

OtakuD1213
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi all,

I had suspected this may happen in the long time coming. When I declared hiatus around the end of last year, I knew there was a chance this rp may not get back on its feet if we had broken away from the posting schedule. Getting posts in on time at all was a stretch but at the same the experience was extremely enjoyable. I loved everything that we've gone through together and honestly this was a wonderful rp where we still had the time to keep active. Drawing to several months after remaking this rp for the second time, I can say I'm proud at how wonderfully this rp came together.

"It was only a week! We can still post!"

“We still have that plot fast forwarding thing you mentioned, too! We can respond to that!”

I assume that these excuses will pop up at some point but with the rate of availability hitting lower and lower as well as news of more rpers losing interest or just being unavailable, I have to say this rp would be better closed so that it may be remade by another member who can run a more active rp. It would be better for me to end this now then to slowly watch this rp drain to absolute obscurity with you all needlessly checking for updates. As an rper myself, I must say that is unfair to all of you who have put so much effort into this rp to think the GM disappeared to obscurity to leave you all fighting for the spoils. That's not right for anyone. I cannot prevent further posting if some choose to do so but as of now I officially relinquish my title as acting GM of this rp as well as my character, Alexis Aries.

Personally, why end this? Sadly, like all writers, sometimes rps just have too much planning to actually write. I've grown weary of having to wait several weeks before a person posts. Even now we are still stuck in the meetings. Why else? The overwhelming work of herding together so many rpers with too many characters had become too much for me. I should have restricted this number in the first place but it appears it turned out for the worst and I have grown very drained.

TL;DR -

I thank you all for having been on this journey with me. It's been wonderful writing and planning and discussing characters and plot lines and theories but I must say I've grown exhausted from the work. It's time for me to say good bye to this rp. I wish you all the best in your future rps and writings. It was a pleasure to be your GM for as long as I have. Also, if anyone wishes to reuse information from added onto this rp created by me, you are allowed to do so. Any work created by anyone else must be requested to the creator for use.

Best wishes and a thank you for your support,
ArabiaKnight

ArabiaKnight
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!