Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interested in an RP

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Interested in an RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aerineth on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:28 am

I thought a lady mayor might make it more interesting for the dichotomy of outward appearances vs. actions behind closed doors.

Assumed identity would have happened when she was still a minor, say 14-15ish? Any point pre-driver's licence would have less hard links to physical identity. Banking info etc. would have been established in trusts and I don't think many people have their SSN memorized until after filling it out on all the forms in college. As for medical records, her own medical history might be sketchy but without noticeable scars or major trauma she could pass for a healthy suburbanite. They don't do blood typing unless there's been a medical need for it.

The tricky part she lucked into. Wealthy family killed in a tragedy, but miraculously a child of the appropriate age is plucked from the flames by Suburban Gated Community's heroic security staff? It's a miracle, who else could it be! The extra body is buried under the shed (which is under burned rubble) and there's no reason to look for it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aerineth
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aerineth on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:00 am

3. I'm thinking the Mayor would try to keep the families somewhat pitted against each other to prevent any from coming into too much power. I don't think there'd be a default 'go to' though besides the APD for force and a twisted sort of chamber of commerce for influence. The latter would consist mostly of corrupt businessmen and at least one representative from each family that could behave themselves in public.

If we wanted to make it a plot device, it could be that someone felt snubbed and another family seemed favored, but not by much. That could be how an upstart got a foothold for an endorsement. Maybe if one family were better at public appearances and business ventures, she might use them in more of her 'legitimate' contract work? She'd still be buried deep into the less public ventures of all families though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aerineth
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Alright, Aer, that has my o-k. No one else has any objections?

And I think, sure, the Mayor would definitely spread the wealth-not out of any kindness in her heart, but because poor distribution would make one family too rich. And only she needs to be too rich.

It's not about who the Mayor has the most favor with; it's who wants to have the most favor with the Mayor. She is top dog, and it is to everyone else's benefit to make her happy, not the other way around.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:10 am

I am literally have serious writers block on my character. Which is honestly a good thing because once I make her, she will be amazing. I will be working on it this weekend. Promise!

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Does anybody here play Pokemon?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aerineth on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:52 pm

Not in a while, but yes. ish.

aerineth
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:15 am

Do you have XY/ORAS?

Because I will destroy you.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:11 pm

I SUBMITTED A CHARACTER! Sorry it took so long, but I was having serious writer's block. I decided to go with the "second chance" story. xD Let me know if you hate her, cause I can edit.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:09 pm

I hate her, not because anything is wrong, but on principle.

jk I'll read her tomorrow.

I made, like, 6 D&D characters today. Y'all slacking.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:25 pm

Michaela has a couple grammatical issues and typos.

Isn't she assigned to work in Arapaho, Washington?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Whoops. I can edit. I just turned her in to make sure you all did not think I forgot about her. But I will reread and edit.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:44 pm

I'm still waiting on our criminal. :/

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!