Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Mutations

The Mutations

a part of “The Mutations”, a fictional universe by Soul_Alchemist.

There's no turning back now

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Mutations”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Mutations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Jakuri, your character has been approved.

Wake, sorry for causing you to look that up XD

I'll look over the other profiles, but everything looks good, and I like the idea of their mutations evolving as time passes. Getting stronger at least, or developing new abilities based on what they are already able to do.

Anyway, i'll get the first post up in a bit and then you all can post whenever you feel like it. All I ask is that we try and do a full cycle before posting again, meaning that, unless a couple of characters are off on their own, everyone posts once before anyone posts again. I don't care much about order, but I will try and be the first to post in each new cycle to try and ensure the story moves forward.

And on that note, as we go, if anyone has any ideas for what could happen next, please feel free to let me know.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Thank you, Soul! I'll begin working on a post.

Oh crackers, I just got the Prince Albert thing--seriously, my brain was making me think that Darin would be called that because the guy cusses and people who cuss a lot are sometimes called potty mouths, and there's the old joke of "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?" can in that instance meaning toilet, I don't know. My brain makes connections to strange places if I'm not careful. But being called Prince Albert for that reason....pfft, well then....
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WilPen on Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:07 pm

I wrote my post on my phone so hopefully there aren't too many errors! I'll try to get on a computer later to fix it if necessary!

Also, Jakuri, I love your picture! Peridot is awesome!

WilPen
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:33 pm

One of my friends has been badgering me for months to watch Steven Universe.

At the point I am with it this gif confuses me.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:09 pm

@WilPen: Why thank you, one of my friends turned me onto SU about a year and a half ago when it was they made an RP inspired by it. I joined said RP, got curious about the inspiration and ended up utterly devouring the series to the point it was at in a week's time, no regrets as I fell in love with the show over all. But Peridot has since earned a place in my heart, pretty sure that at this point, she's my favorite character. I'm a total sucker for character types like her.

@VitaminHeart: Seriously, watch Steven Universe if you get the chance, the show just entered Season Three not too long ago and CN is about to kick off a month-long event called The Summer of Steven where they are airing a new episode of the show every weeknight from July 18th thru August 12th, I believe we are getting 20 new episodes in total. ^.^~ There's not a show I could recommend more than Steven Universe, honestly.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:20 am

Oh, nice! After intense prodding from a friend because he wants someone else to geek out about it with, I have watched as far as the end of the first season, and I'm definitely enjoying it so far. It's got some great character writing.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WilPen on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:03 pm

I've been watching steven universe for over a year now. I'm sooo excited about the Summer of Steven! I watch it with my little brother [he calls me after he finishes an episode] and we always talk about our theories on whats gonna happen.

WilPen
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:38 pm

I think this is what the friend wants me to do, haha.

Oh, just a head-up folks. I'm off to a LARP fest this weekend, so I'll be offline Thursday to Sunday. I'll catch up on everything once I'm back and have any interwebs access, but it's just to let you all know so you don't think I've bailed. You can always skip me over for a posting cycle or too if you're really keen to move on.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:52 pm

@WilPen: I believe that I have been watching SU since January of last year or so, I know I started watching it before Season One aired its finale. I'm terribly excited about the Summer of Steven myself, the friend I mentioned before, we often watch the episodes together either through a stream or whatever source we can find. X'D They live in Florida whilst I'm up in Ohio. But we talk about the show a lot. ^ ^

@VitaminHeart: Steven Universe is definitely great for theorizing, and what's even better about the show is the fact that a lot of the fantheories have actually turned out to be true. XD You can tell that Rebecca Sugar and the Crewniverse puts a lot of thought into the show because of all the subtle clues you can pick up on to help support the theories.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:41 pm

I'm back. Sorry, was gone pretty much from Saturday night until Monday night, then woke up today at 8 Am and was busy until I fell asleep and woke up about 5 hours later.

I've never seen Steven Universe but I shall look into it. Maybe I'll add it to the list of 17 something shows I need to finish watching.

I'm just about to get caught up on everything, figured I'd start here. And have fun with the LARPing Vitamin, had a friend who went to a LARP weekend, but he got there late and had to be a goblin. They raised the heroes camp at 3 AM and slaughtered them all, lol.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:07 am

Ahaha. I think that's more or less what my group do full time.
We've ended up becoming the full time monster faction so I spend most of my time trying to make life difficult for everyone....probably including myself considering my character's tendency to try and fight ALL THE THINGS.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:35 am

Sounds like a lot of fun. I don't think they have any of those around here though, we'd have to drive a few hours away probably. But, we make due with D&D and other such games.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:57 pm

I'll be posting tomorrow guys, I was going to the other night but my power kept surging and my Internet connection was shot and tonight, I'm not much up for writing because I caught a cold...again. This is the second time in about a month that I've gotten sick. Gotta love working with the public.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:44 am

That sucks. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:55 pm

Well, I am feeling better than I was. Seriously, that was far more short-lived then the last cold I had? The last one I had lasted over two weeks.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:11 am

I'm writing up my post but I was just wondering before I got in too far just what are the plans for the immediate future? If there's nothing directly in line I'll go ahead and put Olivia in for a round of specialized testing in the post to come.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:47 pm

The Idea I have right now is that, having seen what Isaia(? i'm bad with remembering names...) can do through the cameras, the scientists are going to try and figure out the best way of containing her powers. I'm thinking it turns out that they have a psychic mutant on their side who's ability is to block other psychic powers. They plan to take her from her current cell, run some tests, then place her in a more secure cell.

As this happens Valko is going to pick his lock and escape, attack the guards, get the keys and free the others. And somewhere deeper in the Facility, a mutant with electricity powers who has been biding his time and building up energy, is going to cause a Facility wide blackout, and all of the other cells will open at once.

In the panic, a lot of the mutants will escape and scatter. I figure Valko, or someone else, will suggest that they stay together, at least until they fully escape.

It will probably be another round before that happens though, so go ahead with the testing if you want. Olivia could be at the testing room when this happen or on her way back or however you want it to play out really.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:15 pm

I'm back!

Still trying to make sure I'm free of all war paint and that there isn't any smell of camp fire smoke still in my hair, but otherwise back to normal and ready to post.

I was musing while I was away about the prospect of introducing another character who I feel like writing out a bit... maybe a member of staff? I'm not sure if that might complicate things. Alternatively if it made it any simpler perhaps someone who had been a member of staff until there became questions about their genetic make-up. Either way, someone rather sciency.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:34 pm

If you think you can handle more than one character than go for it. I'll be adding an NPC section later, so you can add the character there if you decide to make it, that way you don't have to fill out the whole sheet unless you just want to.

I'll be adding the electric guy, and maybe a member or two of the staff as well. I figure once we make the escape they'll send a group after us, so if nothing else your secondary character could be a part of that group.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:28 pm

Sounds like this'll be a whole lot of fun then.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!