Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

VooDoo, too far or not far enough?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

VooDoo, too far or not far enough?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedPitbull on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:10 pm

So I had this really great friend last year and we had only met in September, and after that we were like sisters, and in December we were pretty much sisters and then in June we fought like teen girls do and now, in October, I find out she's doing Voodoo on me?!
I understand I hurt her but really?! I stole her boyfriend, yes. He had told me they were no longer talking and I believed him, so we went out, then the first day of school she looks at me and says "You had no right to tell Jon all of that" I tell her "He's mine now" then I listen to my music and ignore her, then we start talking through our friends, and I think maybe we can be friends again, then Friday our friend tells me "Allison's having me make a voodoo doll of you but its not going to work, its just for stress relief" so I guess now she'll need the Marines to get me to talk to her again.

Is that going too far? Or would I be going too far bringing her dad into this?
Animal rescue is to lose your mind, but in losing your mind, you awaken your soul.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RedPitbull
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: VooDoo, too far or not far enough?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallacy on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Why would you even want to be friends with someone who thinks you 'stole' her boyfriend (a reprehensible notion) and that sticking into needles into a doll modeled after a person will hurt them?
Alternative roleplaying forums, chat, and Etherpad

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fallacy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Macabre Legion on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Belief is key in most things, such as a voodoo doll. If you believe it'll work, then it will. Stop giving two bits about it, and it'll just be an inanimate object that someone will use to vent their frustration upon.

Macabre Legion
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallacy on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Macabre Legion wrote:Belief is key in most things, such as a voodoo doll. If you believe it'll work, then it will.

That's asinine.

Stop giving two bits about it, and it'll just be an inanimate object that someone will use to vent their frustration upon.

But that's pretty decent advice.

Fallacy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedPitbull on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:51 am

Well honestly I never thought she'd go this phsyco about this. I understand I hurt her, but she's willing to throw away all the secrets we whispered in the dark, all the times we've cried together, all the laughes we've had together, the times someone would say something and we'd be the only ones laughing our asses off just because of an inside joke, she's got problems that not even God could help. But would going to her dad be going too far?

RedPitbull
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Don't talk to her dad. Make a voodoo doll of her making a tiny voodoo doll of you, hand it to her while grinning smugly, and then slowly lower dark shades onto your face. Just as the suspense becomes unbearable, say, "deal with it".

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serenade- on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am

Wow, voodoo?..I think that's a little overkill of your friend..but really? Just after her breaking up with her boyfriend, I think it would have been wise to give her space before going out with him - this has nothing to do with voodoo mind you.Regardless of these thoughts...I wouldn't try and be friends with her again. Jealousy is one thing and understandable, but voodoo is just a little.. That's just bizaar...I wouldn't believe it though.

Serenade-
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedPitbull on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:54 pm

He had told me they stopped talking two weeks before we started going out, I thought she was over him, she gets over guys quick! Had I known they were dating or anything I would have told her, then never spoken to the guy again. My mom believes she has some serious problems going on if she's going this far. My current boyfriend says this is just weird and that I should have been more carful and honestly I don't plan on ever being friends with her, she is dead to me, when someone is dead to me, they, like in real life with the dead can not come back to life in my eyes. If she speaks directly to me, I'll probably be like "Whoa! A zombi, cool. And the zombi talks! Today is bizarre" or something like that.

I mean everyone who knows her is freaked out and like "I thought she was good" well I'm thinking "I had thought she was normal, happy, good and a very nice girl, but now I think she's evil, vindictive, problematic, dramatic and just overall insane"

RedPitbull
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:34 pm

She's got serious issues Red.
My own policy was to never go out with someone my friends had been out with for any reason.
But that was just a hang up for me.
The best thing you can do is ditch her and move on.
Chalk it up to a learning experience.
You'll be better off in the end for it.
To every U.S. soldier THANK YOU!

I'll make your headache
I'll make you fall to the floor
Me and the Devil in your mind want to settle score
I'll make your heart break
You know I do what I please
Like a bullet in a gun I just give it a squeeze

And cry sister make it rain.
It makes no difference, you'll never see me again.
Cry Sister, Royal Bliss

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:39 pm

I don't know. It honestly looks like there's a lack of maturity on both sides.

I can't say "don't date your friend's exs" because my boyfriend is a friend of my ex however, I think that the respectful thing to do is talk to your friend first. I mean, what is more important? Some boy or your friend?

Rather then bringing another member in, you should speak to her directly. Communication is key. And I really think that you owe her an apology (if you haven't apologized already). If your friend "stole" your boyfriend, or if you were in her shoes, wouldn't you be as hurt as she is?

Don't speak to the dad, speak to her. And don't call her a zombie, that will only escalate and make the situation worse and will make you look childish. As a friend (ex-friend?), you probably owe her at least that much. <<
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KerriWestHelm on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:07 pm

I agree with Mid. You should have spoken with her before you got together with him. It really doesn't matter how she usually gets over guys fast, or that he told you they were talking anymore. You should not date your friends ex without making sure that she is alright with it first.

Girls are prone to do drastic things when they feel hurt by their bestfriend, and voodoo unfortunately was her choice. However, the assumptions you are making of her based on that choice, make you look just as bad as the decision did her. So You two really need to discuss this problem. You are claiming she is throwing away all that meaning time between you, but aren't you doing the same?
What more miraculous thing may be told, That fire which all things melts should harden ice and ice, which is congealed with senseless cold should kindle fire by wonderful device? Such is the power of love in gentle mind, That is can alter all the course of kind.
~Excerpt from "My Love Is Like to Ice" By Edmund Spenser

KerriWestHelm
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedPitbull on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:55 pm

@Mid, I see your point, I do admit I am a little bit immature about all this, mostly because growing up I only had like 5 really good friends, and those five are now my sisters. Allison and I bonded instantly, it took Khrystina and I a good two years to get to be best friends then a year more to be sisters, Allison and I only took a month, mostly because I was crying, shaking and afraid of this guy who was sending me threats and Allison was the only one who calmed me down. But yeah I should talk to her.

I know I sound cold and shit when I wrote this but seriously it hurt me. And yes you may not like me because of the stuff I said in Chat I apologize about all that, that isn't how I am all the time. She really means a lot to me but I doubt we can rekindle this friendship we had. I want to but I doubt it can be done.

@Kerri, I know I should have spoken to her first, but at the time I was desprate and lonely and I guess a little jealous, she has all the boys falling over her, (well not anymore) I was jealous of her even before any of this, she and her dad never saw eye to eye in anything but then he started wanting to pay attention to her, after she and her boyfriend for 9months had broken up she stopped trying to sneak food into her room, she stopped playing the fast, upbeat country she liked and played the sad stuff, (she never cried, after 6th grade she didn't cry at all) then her dad got worried because her sister said something about Allison not smiling so much and then Tim and her broke up and she was going to the bathroom and he waited then called her downstairs and was like "Allison whats wrong?" She said "Nothing" and he said in a soft voice "No really, All what's wrong?" and she told him she was sad and then he hugged her and pulled her into his lap, the last time he did that was when she was 7. And this was after her 15th birthday ever since then they got closer.

The first time we decided to hang out on the weekend she was leaving and her dad was like "All, can I have a hug?" so they hugged and that made my heart hurt because I've never had a father figure in my life and I want a dad..I guess I was just jealous of everything she has... but ya'll are right, I guess I will talk to her.

RedPitbull
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:35 pm

<< I never mentioned liking or disliking woman. Make sure you tell her how ypu feel. Honesty is generally the best way to go about it, even if it hurts or feels useless. Obviously she is in pain and is probably trying to find a way to express herself. I doubt she really believes in that voodoo shit, she was probably looking for a way to vent without generally hurting you. Sometimes kids (I believe ppl under 18 are kids) tend to say/do not so nice things when they dont understand. I don't think it was nice of your friebds to spread the voodoo rumor becuz now folks are gonna view her and possibly tease her. I'd suggest being there for her, even if you guys aren't friemds anymore.

And don't do this again, >:( jealousy is a bad quality and every girl should love their self but not hate on their friends. Dun make me beat you.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:26 am

Don't want to sound like a jackass but uh...

'"He's mine now" then I listen to my music and ignore her' By my count that's almost saying a gigantic fuck you to a person you shared a friendship with, maybe you should have asked the boyfriend if he was lying or not, or even asked her before you did it, it's all a matter of trust my friendo' and you might have breached it, it's within her rights to get mad at you but voodoo is mostly well, voodoo is voodoo.

And well, your friends sound like jackasses that I'd avoid.

Fix the issue, dump the guy, apologies to her, tell your friends to quit being bitches, that's my two cents, but you should probably listen to Mid too, she's all like all hipster and shit so y'know she knows more than stuff about me.
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukisod on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:08 pm

In my experience, never never never never ever, date someone who was dating a friend of yours. Because you get this. Either A) They still like the guy and you taking them is seen as betrayal. B) They hate the guy and you're just bringing him around now and dragging up a bad past, or C) Everyone's cool with it. But you failed to clear that with her, just him, so again, betrayal of her.

Now I guess in all practical terms, yes, the relationship was over, he was fair game. But it's a pretty low blow from you, much as I hate to say it. But the damage is done and your question is about Voodoo.

Voodoo dolls are harmless. The Voodoo you have to worry about is the stuff she can put in your food or blow it in your face. Avoid both just to be on the safe side.
"Perhaps we should perform a study on the effectiveness of studies?"

Lukisod
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedPitbull on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:19 pm

I know I'm a bad person for all this bullshit but i've learned from this and grown, now my drama has nothing to do with her, as far as i'm concerned, she's just another girl at Chambo who knows my name and blends in with the population. Now that i've got Wes nothing really matters, and now I realize; You don't need everyone in school to love you, all you need are a handful of close friends, a few friends and some people to just talk to. And I have that.

RedPitbull
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sheoul on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Vodun/Voodoo is as powerful as prayer.

[spoiler]
WHICH MEANS IT WILL HAVE NO WAY OF DOING ANYTHING TO YOU. CHILL OUT.
[/spoiler]

Sheoul
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedPitbull on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Well I realize that now. Lately I've been gone from this site because; 1)Friends inviting me everywhere. 2)Repticon. 3)Taking care of pets 4)Boyfriend, back with Wes. 5)My grades are amazing! 6)My life is going perfectly.

As she tried to make my life worse her life got worse, and now she is possibly in Juvy!

RedPitbull
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!