Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wanderer ((Closed))

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Wanderer ((Closed))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:49 am

The next few days passed by slowly. Everything the dwellings was fine as usual, and people were starting to settle in. Paul had secretly ordered 2 progress reports on Kane and Ruby everyday. Sure he wasn't dealing with them anymore, but for some reason he needed to know they were safe, and were doing okay in the dwellings. Kane seemed to be fine, but his child-like innocence was the key to that. If only he knew what was really going on. Ruby however seemed to be getting more and more depressed as each day went on. She barely ate or drank, and cried herself to sleep at night. She was becoming spiritless, numb. Paul swallowed as he read this, but did not allow himself to become attached to her, she would die soon and it would only make it worse for him.

That morning he went down into cage 3, a smaller cage from where ruby was situated. This had a couple in it, Rita and Owen. They were good people, they ate when they were told, washed when they were told and cause no trouble. Such an easy job, so why did Paul crave the danger and excitement so much. Wasn't peace what he wanted throughout the dwellings?

He was just giving the couple there daily food when Simon came up to him, looking pale. Paul sighed, illness had struck.

"I'm sorry Paul, but I am going to have to go to the doctor to get healed. I won't be long. If its not too much trouble could you administer the rations for today?"

Paul looked down. He could easily give this job to someone else, but to convince himself further he had to make sure he wasn't attached anymore, so he agreed, as Simon slowly walked out of the entrance.

Paul looked at the bowls and picked up 4 for the people in cage 2. He looked down to the floor and he administered the food nicely, not looking at Ruby as he placed the bowl on her bed. Kane suddenly seemed excited to see him, and wrapped his little arms around his waist. Paul gulped back the lump in his throat, and Kane began to speak.

"I don't like Simon, Paul. Can't you take care of us again? Why aren't you being the one to look after us?" Paul smiled, the innocence of the child still fascinated him still. "I just can't Kane, I'm sorry." He ruffled Kane's hair and turned to walk out of the cage. Just as he did a hand grabbed at his wrist.
x♥x "Before you, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars --points of light and reason....And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty." - Edward Cullen NEW MOON x♥x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:04 am

Ruby wasn't aware of the days passing. She didn't eat, she didn't sleep and she certainly didn't talk. That first day Paul had left her, Kane had tried his best to get her to tell him another story. He'd cried, he'd stropped but nothing the child could do would reach Ruby. She listened to him, but didn't hear him and soon the small boy gave up, sitting with his mother from then onwards.

Usually, she would have felt guilty, but she couldn't. She just couldn't. Nothing could break the icey coldness inside her, nothing could. All this would only go away once she was dead and she'd given up the fight, willing for them to resettle one of their own inside of her. At least then her heart might thaw out.

It was on this day, however, that she felt a flicker of life again. It was Paul, it was really him. He came into the cage with food, not meeting her eyes. It was the first time Ruby had took an interest in something after that dreaded day when he'd walked out on them. She watched as Kane tried to make him stay and felt her own self willing for him to accept. She watched Kane's bottom lip tremble and felt her own heart sink. That's when she stood up, her knees wobbly. She gripped his wrist, needing him here. "Paul." She whispered, her voice almost inaudible. She could feel a warmth spreading through her and she didn't want it to end.

'He doesn't want you... He left you remember?' That's when she let go again and sank back onto the floor. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "I shouldn't have.. I just.. Kane misses you." She blinked away more tears furiously. What was she playing at?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:16 am

Paul looked at Ruby silently, he could see Kane's bottom lip trembling and stroked his hair once again. As Ruby grabbed his wrist he felt warmth, and not the numbness he had felt for the past few days, but still he resisted. "I know Kane misses me, but in the long term this is for the better. Like you said we can't get attached to anyone in here. So just leave me alone Ruby. I can't do this anymore." For the first time in years tears welled up into his eyes. It wasn't at all what he wanted, but he made her believe this. As he walked out of the cage, he could hear Kane and Ruby sobbing, but he locked the cage, blinking back tears that now stung his eyes.

He walked to the edge of the dwellings and sat on the floor, his head in his hands and his knees drawn up. He tried holding back the tears but every now and again one would fall. How could one human cause such an effect on him? He sighed, and straightened up, pulling his uniform straight again. He then walked down the dwellings and sat at a desk located by cage 1. He started to read a magazine, as he heard the humans eating, and covered the red of his eyes, with the pages.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:28 am

Ruby listened to him, soaking up every word. How stupid had she been? To believe that he cared for them? 'Leave me alone Ruby..' She kept replaying the sentence in her head and her feelings spilled over again. She heard Kane crying and grabbed him, not caring if it hurt her to squeeze the life out of him. 'Leave me alone Ruby...' She sobbed until she thought her heart would break and that's when Kane was taken out of her hands. His mother looked at her, concerned but a hint of determination on her worried face. "We're moving Ruby. I can't have you keep putting my son through this so we've requested to be moved in with another family. I'm sorry, but you have to understand we want our last days to be happy." Ruby just looked at her, then at Kane. She turned away slowly and moved to the back of the cage. Hell, it was probably Paul that agreed to move them.

And so she was left alone, in a small dark space. She sat in the corner, no more tears running from her eyes. That's when Ruby honeslty gave up the will to live. She thought she had a long time ago, but she was wrong. There had always been a spark of life in her, and now that spark had been stamped out and killed. Just like that. She closed her eyes and slipped into the darkness, not willing to come out again.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:38 am

Paul watched as Kane was lifted into the arms of his mother, as they moved into another cage. He himself had not finalized this request, in fact he had done everything to prevent it. He knew this would kill Ruby. However, the people higher up then him had said it had to be done, but he was no part in it and continued to read his magazine.

He heard Ruby sob and couldn't help but look over to her. She looked crushed, as she moved to the back of the cage, and as she shut her eyes, he knew she had finally given up. Wouldn't it be easier just to kill her then let her endure this any further? If only he could do this, put her out of her misery, he would.

He sighed, as all day she did not respond to anyone, she wouldn't eat, wouldn't speak, wouldn't do anything. She just lay there motionless. She might of well have been a corpse. Nothing any of the soldiers could do would make her respond, and Paul soon ordered them to leave her alone, that would be what she would want.

Paul sat there that night and waited for everyone to be asleep. All of the soldiers had left, with his excuse being he had paperwork to do. Paul looked around, all the humans slept peacefully. He went silently into the cage and stroked Ruby's face. It was warm but blotchy from her tears.

"Ruuu.. I'm sorry Ruuu. Please don't ignore me. Please. I just want to help. I want to make this easier for you." He sighed, as a tear rolled down his cheek and landed on her palm. He put his hand on her cheek. "I'm sorry Ruuu." He repeated and gently kissed her on the other cheek, and sat by her, waiting for her to respond. "I can wait all night Ruby. When your ready I am here."

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:52 am

Ruby didn't listen to the endless mithering of the soldiers, asking her to talk, eat, walk anything. Why couldn't they just leave her alone, leave her here to rot away just Like Paul had done. She didn't want anything, she just wanted this to be over so she could join Michael. If that's what happened after death. She didn't flinch as she thought of it, it just stirred up some kind of positive emotion inside of her. Death couldn't come to soon.

It was night time when someone entered her cage. She jumped at the contact and turned her head slowly to see Paul watching her, his own tears running down his cheek. She felt a pang of something as he kissed her cheek and she so wanted to hold onto him. But there was thing that stopped her. 'Leave me alone Ruby...' She repated the words outloud and looked away from him. She knew he'd heard from the expression on his face.

It took everything inside of her, for Ruby to block him out. But she had to if she was going to stop him from hurting.

((Urgh, sorry I gotta go out now. I'll be back in like an hour. Byee!))

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:06 am

Paul sat there all night. He knew he had hurt Ruby, and he would do whatever it took to make her feel safe and warm again. He held onto her hand, but by the expression on her face she didn't want this. Still he needed to touch her in some way, feel close to her. He still tried to hold back the tears but it wasn't working.

"Ruby, is there anyway I can make this better." she still remained silent, and then he thought back to the report he had read a while ago. "Ruby I know where Michael is... he could have been transformed by now, but we could try. Just anything to make you happy?" He pleaded with her and he soon saw her expression change, but he couldn't read it.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:31 am

Ruby's head snapped up as she heard Michael's name. "Michael, he's alive? He's really alive?" She was on her knees now, her hands gripping Paul's shirt. "He's alive?" She could feel the fresh tears coming, her heart beat speed up. She knew this was probably hurting Paul and she didn't want to any more than she already had. But it was Michael. Her fianceé Michael.

Ruby felt a smile cross her features and she wrapped her arms around his neck, cyring tears of relief now rather than sorrow. "Would you really do that? For me?" She held on to him. Words couldn't describe how happy she was feeling. But at the same time a small part of her heart remained silent. The small part of her heart which was meant for Paul and Paul alone.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:42 am

Paul looked at Ruby and saw how her expression changed from sorrow to happiness within an instant at the mention of Michael. He wish he could make her smile the way Michael did, but it was wrong to say the least.

"Of course we can Ruby, if that's what you want we will leave now." He walked out of the cage and packed two rucksacks, with food and water for the journey. It wouldn't be that long a drive to Arizona, he could be there and back within 3 days, and he could fill out some forms saying Ruby was pregnant and needed to see the father, as soon as he got back.

He returned to the cage and saw Ruby ready to go. "Come on then." he said slowly leading her out to the truck.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:52 am

Ruby examined Paul, his expression unreadable. Of course she wanted to see Michael, but another part of her wanted to stay here with him. She realised that now, now that her heart had opened again. She tidied herself up as best she could when Paul left she paced around her cage as she waited for him to come back.

As they moved out of the centre, she kept glancing over at him. This couldn't be easy for him to do and she was so grateful, she just didn't know how to show him. And what if Michael had already been changed? What then? She wouldn't be able to stand seeing his body with a settler inside. It would well and truly finish her off. As they walked, she linked her fingers with his. "Thank you." She whispered, hoping he wouldn't mind the contact.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:23 am

He smiled as she intertwined his fingers with hers. It felt nice, this contact she had with him, but it was more from gratification which was not what he wanted right now. He led her to the truck and gently lifted her into the back whilst he got into the front. He took the keys from his pocket and started the engine, driving out of the center.

He kept his head focused straight ahead as he drove out of the small stretch of dessert, and onto the main road. He didn't look back at Ruby as he drove, he just focused straight ahead. He had no right to have these feelings for her at all, and all he could focus on was getting her to see Michael before she died. Maybe he would let her go, so she wouldn't be transformed. He knew now that the ethics he had before did not count for anything anymore.

The road got darker and darker, and Paul soon felt tired and needed to sleep, they would have a log day of driving tomorrow. He jumped out and got into the back of the van, laying out some blankets for himself and Ruby. "You need sleep, lets rest here the night." he said gently resting his head on a pillow and looking up at her.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:47 am

Ruby thanked Paul for helping her into the truck, not really enjoying it when their contact broke. She kept silent however, as he didn't seem to want to talk.

As they drove, she watched the desert land pass by, glad of the freedom she suddenly felt. It had been a while since she was outside that small cage she'd been kept it. And now she was, it felt great, even better now she knew Michael was alive. She did notice however, the silence from Paul. She'd hurt him and she knew it but what could she do? Just leave Michael on his own? No way.

Eventually it got dark and Paul stopped the car. She wondered what he was doing, but it didn't take her long to guess as he layed out blankets and settled himself down. She looked back at him, not sure of what to say. She couldn't tell him how she felt, she just couldn't. What if he didn't feel the same way? What if he stopped and took her back to the cages? She shivered and dropped her gaze to the floor as she lay down next to him.

Ruby's thoughts drifted around in her mind and for once, she felt at peace. Nobody would hurt her here and soon she'd be reunited with the man she loved. 'But you'll be taken away from the other man you..' Ruby caught herself and looked at Paul again, her heart skittering about. She reached out a hand to touch his face, but pulled it back again, confused.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:00 am

Paul looked at Ruby as she hesitated, as she seemed to want to touch him. "Don't pull away, do what you feel please Ruby." he whispered in her ear, his breath hitting her neck. He stroked up her spine, and along the bottom of her back. He then kissed her gently on the cheek again and held his face close to hers for a moment, looking into her eyes. She looked confused in her thoughts, and he pulled away, his face now going back to emotionless.

"I'm sorry that was... inappropriate." he whispered, whilst turning over to the other side, away from her. A small sigh escaped from his lips.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:12 am

Ruby froze as he became closer to her. She wondered what he saw, a bruised and battered girl, longing for her love? Or just a dirty unkept human who'd be killed within the next four weeks. She felt goosebumps raise on her skin and stared into his eyes as he kept his face close to hers. She wouldn't be suprised if he could hear her heartbeat right now.

When he pulled away she felt herself frown, wanting him to stay where he was. She noted the emotions seep away from him as he turned back over and she realised that it hurt her to see him like this. Without thinking about her actions, Ruby shuffled closer, just so their bodies touched a little. She didn't want him to stay the business man, just doing a duty. She wanted him to be Paul who cared for her.

With these thoughts in mind, she closed her eyes and drifted to the first dreamless sleep in days.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:19 am

Paul felt as she moved closer to him, and whilst she was sleeping he turned over and help her in his arms. She snuggled into him, and it felt nice to hold her like this. He soon drifted into sleep, and dreamt of how that kiss would have felt

He awoke the next morning and saw he was still holding her, whilst she gently dozed. He removed his hands quickly, knowing she would wake up soon and it would probably most inappropriate. He quietly got up and went outside, setting up a little gas heater. He then opened a tin of beans and some sausages and started heating them in a little pot for his and her breakfast. He whistled quietly to himself as he served the meal up onto 2 plates. He was just about to take the food into Ruby when he saw her head poke out of the back of the truck.

"Morning..." he said, smiling.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:32 am

Ruby awoke the next morning, feeling rested and happy. She stretched out her arms and legs, enjoying the sunlight as it streamed through the open doors. She smelt cooking coming from somewhere near her and got up so she could poke her head out of the truck. There was Paul, sat by a small heater, cooking sausages. She couldn't help but smile back and hopped out of the vehicle.

She thanked him as he handed her a plate of food and a knife and fork. Ruby savoured her first mouthful, not remembering having tasted anything so good in her life. She'd soon polished off the lot and stretched again. "Thank you." She smiled at him. Everything he'd done for her was unbelievable. She'd never expected such kindness when she was captured, but he'd proved her completely wrong. She sat watching him for a few moments, thinking about the way things might of been if she hadn't have met Michael.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:41 am

Paul started to eat his sausages, they tasted delicious, even if he did say so himself. He sat watching Ruby as she tucked into the food quickly. The food back at the dwellings left a lot to be desired. He smiled as she seemed happy again, and he listened as she thanked him.

" No need for thanks Ruu... I couldn't not feed you now could I?"

Ruby's face seemed to turn downwards as she was in deep thought. He left her to it and once he had finished eating he collected her plate and started to wash it with some water he had brought with him. He dried them quickly and stacked them back in the truck.

When he returned to look at Ruby's face she looked somewhat upset, or confused. "Is there something wrong Ruby? Something I can help you with?" he asked genuinely concerned.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:53 am

Ruby looked up at him again. "No, no.. Just, thinking about how things might have been that's all." She offered a small smile. What had happened to her over the last couple of days? She'd become soft, understanding... Spiritless? Was that it, was this what happened when you gave up the will to live? She could no longer think of witty comebacks, no longer keep the people around her smiling.

Even though she knew she'd see Michael a part of her didn't want to. What if he wasn't... himself? What would she do then? Ruby looked back at Paul and ran a hand through her tangled hair. "I guess we'd better get going." She said bravely before hopping into the front of the truck; She wanted to keep Paul company while he drove.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Paul started to drive on the main road again as Ruby was in the front of the truck. "Live for the moment, that's what I say. Its best that way, you don't keep wondering what if." he said starting conversation.

(OOC: Sorry its so short I didn't know what to write)

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:43 pm

((No worries. Took my a while to think of something too..))

Ruby looked at Paul, wondering if he really believed that. "That's easy said than done." She mused quietly. It was in a human's nature to ask questions, maybe it wasn't in the settlers's natures. She thought about that and although they looked like humans, they were obviously very different.

She lapsed into silence then, watching the world go by outside. She sighed and rested her head on her seat, hoping they'd get there quickly. She just wanted to see him now, see if he was ok.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!