Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wanderer ((Closed))

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Wanderer ((Closed))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:57 pm

Paul kept on driving in silence, something was deeply troubling her but Paul couldn't figure out what. They pulled into a small gas station, and he got out of the truck, holding Ruby's hand gently.

He pulled her to the side of the road, out of the flow of the traffic. "I wish you wouldn't hurt yourself. I don't like it when your sad, it makes me sad too." He watched as her eyes directed downwards, and he gently lifted her cheek up.

"Stop it Ruby, stop hurting yourself!" he said. He saw tears come into her eyes, and at that point he couldn't control himself any further. His lips pressed with hers, moving in perfect harmony. He held her around the waist, and his hand moved to the small of her back. They soon went into her hair, gently stroking the back of her neck. He gasped back for breath and looked at her expression.

"I am so sorry Ruuu....I just....I can't...I'm sorry." he said. He turned letting go of her hand and started to make his way into the shop.
x♥x "Before you, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars --points of light and reason....And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty." - Edward Cullen NEW MOON x♥x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Ruby listened to him, her eyes filling up again. She hated it when he was angry, when he was hurting just as much as she was. But that's when he kissed her and everything went blank for a few moments.

She couldn't believe the kindness he showed towards her, the gentleness. It was all to much and whether she chose to admit it or not, she enjoyed their kiss. Even through it, her hands stayed locked by her sides and her tears still flowed, she kissed him back perfectly not wanting him to let go of her. But then he drew back and she just looked at him, so confused by all of this.

She watched him go into the shop and got back into the truck again, her heart twisting painfully. She loved him. She really really did, but they were going to see Michael, who she also loved. Damn it, weren't these monsters supposed to be able to control their feelings?! 'No, Paul isn't a monster.' She sighed and clutched her torso as it felt like it was being torn in two. Maybe if she could just end it here, it'd save everyone so much heartache.

Ruby continued to cry, not wanting to live through this any longer. She was confused and it hurt, hurt like nothing she'd ever known.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Paul quickly went into the shop and got some food supplies for them, and some more water. He sighed as he had to return to her. He got into the front of the truck and saw Ruby crying. He handed her a handkerchief, but didn't touch her from fear of hurting her anymore. He drove silently, his eyes fixed on the road, looking at her every few moment's to make sure she was safe.

They soon pulled up to the small institution. He looked at the security guard and showed him his pass. "Michael Geller please. I have someone that needs to see him."

They were shown to a small building and he saw people filing out of it. Not people, species. He then realised what this was, the implantation unit. Before he had a chance to warn Ruby she had already ran out of the van. He quickly ran after her, not being able to catch up with her.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Ruby took the handkerchief, noticing Paul was careful not to touch her. They rode on in silence and she closed her eyes, wishing this trip would be over soon.

Eventually they reached the insitution and Ruby couldn't contain her excitement any longer. She leapt from the van and began to run, ignoring the started cries of Paul and a few other soldiers. As she rounded a corner, she saw people being led out of a small building. She ran over to them, genuinely believing that they were human. She stopped a couple of the gripping their shoulders. "Michael Geller? Have you seen him? Michael Geller?" She searched around frantically until she spotted him at the back. Her heart soared and she ran at him leaping into his arms.

"Michael it's you! Oh my god Michael I've missed you." She cried into his shoulder, not noticing that his arms hand't wrapped around her or that he hadn't spoken yet. "I can't believ it's you, Michael. It's you, you're alive. I love you." She kissed his cheek and clung onto him, tears streaming.

Eventually she let go and noticed he was looking at the floor and that a few others had stopped to watch. Gently, she tilted his head up so she could see his eyes... And then she jumped back like she'd been burned. Those eyes... "No." She whispered, her heart breaking in half. "No.. n-no... NO!" She yelled and juped at the man infront of her, pounding his chest. "MICHAEL! YOU GIVE HIM BACK! NO!" She continued to hit him, her eyes streaming tears.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Paul furiously ran at Ruby, and saw her hitting a man. He grabbed hold of her, holding her back. "Ruby I'm so sorry, there is nothing we can do. Ruby calm down." She was struggling violently, still trying to hit the man, but Paul managed to grab her back. But the he saw those eyes, hers. The same hatred he had seen in them before. He winced and let her go, as she cursed at him. He looked down, for once being ashamed of what his species was doing. He didn't know what to do, so he just stood there looking at the floor, emotionally crushed.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Ruby hit out as Paul tried to stop her. "LEAVE ME ALONE! JUST LET GO!!" She continued to screamed, hating him, hating Michael for letting them do this and hating herself for not getting there sooner. She saw Paul wince but right now she didn't care, she wanted him to hurt, hurt the way she was hurting. Her heart had broken and now it was shattering into small sharp pieces and cutting the area around it. "YOU KILLED HIM!" She screamed at nobody inparticular, just needing to let it all out.

She carried on shrieking at them, all of them. Michael's body just turned away, a look of disgust glinting in his eyes. She scowled at him and watched the rest of the species walk off. "I HATE YOU!" She shrieked at the top of her voice, just wanting to die right on the spot. Eventually she slumped onto the gravel beneath her, cries of pain still ripping from her throat.

Eventually they rippled off into broken sobs as she rocked herself. "Why.. Why him? Why, why did they have to do it?" She felt herself shaking uncontrollably, completely forgetting that Paul was watching her come to pieces. It was without doubt, the worse state she'd been in since he'd met her.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Paul just looked at her now as she collapsed on the floor. "Shhhh Ruby it will be okay." he said putting his arms around her on the floor. He didn't say anything for a while and just sat there in silence listening to her sobs.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Ruby stopped sobbing and looked up at him, her eyes red, her body trembling. "You're wrong. Nothing's going to be ok until I'm out of this body." She whispered, the venom in her voice hiding the tremor. "Until you kill me, Paul, nothing's gonna be the same." She wiped her eyes and got up, swaying a little as she did so.

Ruby didn't know where she was going, she just knew that she had to go... Somewhere. She let her legs carry her, ignoring startled gasps from a few nearby soldiers. A few of them ran over to her, resting their hands on her shoulders. "Don't touch me!" She hissed, trying to shrug them off. But then they had her by the arms and she gave up again, letting her body go limp as they jostled her around.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Paul watched slowly as she tried to run, and as he tried to pull her back she yelled at him again. She ran and soon all he saw was soldiers dragging her back to him. "Thank you, you may go" he commanded to them as he picked her up and carried her to the back of the truck.

"I will not kill you, I never had nay intention of doing that. I was going to let you go, but the state your in, it wouldn't be the best idea. Please just relax for a while, you need to calm down. This isn't what Michael would have wanted, he would have wanted you to stay strong."

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Ruby let Paul carry her back, not wanting to speak to him. She listened to him talk about letting her go, but she didn't even want that. She just wanted it all to end now so she could be peaceful.
"Michael's dead." She said simply, her voice void of all emotion. "Just take me back to the cages." She whispered and turned away from him, holding her ribs as they ached. The sudden movements of today hadn't done her much good in the long run.
Infact, the whole idea hadn't done her much good. She wished she'd never let Paul bring her here then maybe him and her would have had a chance.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:10 pm

Paul drove back to the cages at top speed, and soon they got there in no time. It was morning and he put her back into the cages, just like she had requested. He slowly walked away leaving her to mourn the death of her partner, and went upstairs to fill out the paperwork. He couldn't think straight so he now just sat there and remained there for the next few days.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Ruby did mourn her partner over the next few days. She went back to not eating, not sleeping. Everytime she closed her eyes, the darkness came and she'd have nightmares, such terrible nightmares. She didn't know what to do, just uselessly count the days away.

It was on a monday that a message passed around the cages. Their implantation appointments had been moved forwards. They were two days from now. Ruby breathed a sigh of relief as she heard the news, knowing it would all be over soon. But then her thoughts flickered to Paul, unwillingly. Once it was over, he'd have to put up with seeing her body, not her, Ruby.
'If he cared, he would have been to see you sometime over these past few days.' She sighed, knowing she'd hurt him badly that day they'd gone to find Michael but what else had he expected? To fall into his arms? She cuddled herself, hoping she might get to see him soon, so she could at least apologise before she died.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Paul finally came out of his sulking period. He had to concentrate on his work, and not allow himself to be upset by this human...even if she meant something to him. He went down the elevator shaft and smiled at its familiarity. It had been so long since he had been down here and it was nice.

He smiled at the inhabitants, trying to lighten there spirits, but as implantation had been moved forward, hopes were extremely low, and everyone was at an all time low. Paul put on some music, trying to lift there spirits but nothing worked. He looked around to see a happy face, but there was only one who stood out among the crowd. Ruby....

He looked away, and sat at the desk playing cards with a fellow co-worked, whilst she sat their looking at him in awe, wonder, he wasn't sure, he couldn't read her any more..

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Ruby was so suprised to see Paul move to his desk that she simply gawked at him for a while, her eyes wide with shock. It had been so long since she'd seen him.. The feeling inside of her now were more that of relief, happiness; something which she hadn't expected at all. However, she couldn't help but flinch as he turned away from her, that sad, faraway look in his eyes, which didn't suit him at all. With a sigh, Ruby moved a little closer to the bars, so that she was closer to him and his co-workers.

"Paul?" She spoke his name quietly, her voice slightly hoarse from it's lack of usage. She ignored the others as they all turned to stare at her, her eyes on one person's face only.. The one person's face she'd been longing to see for so long.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:00 pm

He heard her speak his name, and looked at his co-workers as they gawked at her, suprised by her cheek at speaking to a guard. Paul looked at her and put on that false little smile, to make it out that he was alright, but truth be told he knew his friend was going to die soon, and he really couldn't bear it.

He walked up to her cage gently, touching her hand as he got there. "Hello Ruby, it's been a long time. How are you keeping?" he smiled, trying to forget the fact that in a few days she wouldn't be herself, she would be someone else, an alien in a foreign body. It repulsed him to think of this, but at the same time he could feel his co-workers eyes staring at him, so he moved his hand away from hers, not appearing to be as close as they actually were.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:18 pm

Ruby took in his smile, her breah catching as he came closer. She just wanted to reach out to him, make sure he was ok. She'd been so awful to him after the day that... Well after that day. She'd hurt him and honestly, it was the last thing she'd wanted to do.

Ruby winced again as he spoke to her, like he would any of the other humans in this place. It hurt. She took comfort from the fact that he was with her though and his hand on hers only made the feeling stronger. "Okay," she whispered, looking straight into his eyes.
"I'm sorry," she murmered quietly, so that her voice was too quiet for the others to hear. "I'm sorry for hurting you Paul." She couldn't help the feeling of guilt, that was welling up in her throat as she spoke to him and resisted the urge to reach out for him through the bars. All the while, the only main thought running through her mind was that she was going to die in a few days. She'd hurt him more if they became to close again...

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:29 pm

"Its Okay Ruby..." Paul said, his eyes looking down at the floor as he remembered that night. The journey, the kiss, seeing Michael. A tear rolled down his cheek and he turned away from Ruby, trying to cover up the fact he was crying. He couldn't bare to lose her, just seeing her again those feelings came up from his stomach, rising, giving him the urge to walk into the cage, throw her to the bed, kiss her passionately...

"I...I wish I....Nevermind." he winced. He looked at her solemn expression, she looked truly numb, like some dead creature trying to force out these words. Her dying wish. She might as well be dead after the transformation was complete. Could he really let them do that to her, kill her? Her soul gone forever? He could get her out, let her escape. He shook his head, getting these thoughts from his head.

"I'll see you later Ruby." he sighed, as his co-workers urged him to come back to the game of cards.

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Ruby watched him intently, her brows furrowing slightly when she noticed the single tear, which ran miserably down his cheek. She felt a lump in her throat and had to swallow hard to get rid of it. "Please, don't cry." She begged, wishing she could reach out to him, wishing he could hold her in his arms like he had done at the gas station.

She listened as he tried to say some thing before turning away from her again. "What do you wish?" She asked, her voice it's normal volume. She was way past caring what the others thought, they'd already broken so many rules as it was. Feeling a new confidence surge through her, the best emotion she had felt in a long time, Ruby raised herself from the floor, swaying slightly on her feet and clinging to one of the bars for support. It had been days, again, since she'd last eaten. "Paul.. What do you wish?"

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pompeygal93 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:08 pm

He whispered, "I wish I could get you out of here, away from here and save you. But I can't I am sorry." He turned away slowly, going back to the table where his co-worked stared at him.

"I don't see why you look after the humans so much, they are filthy little creatures, they deserve to die." Paul looked at ruby and lifted the table, throwing it against the floor, and racing towards the co-worker, grabbing him by the throat.

"Because I have a compassion. Because I will not allow myself to become this monster you all are." he spat, seeing the fear in the "man's". He put him down, and started to patrol the cages, trying to get as far away from the rest of them as possible. This time he could feel another set of eyes looking at him. Ruby's..

pompeygal93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:19 pm

Ruby couldn't help the tears then as they flowed freely down her cheeks at the longing in his voice. She'd never heard someone sound so sad, so lonely. "I don't want you to get me out of here, Paul." She whispered, leaning against the wall, her eyes never leaving his face. "Because that'd mean I was away from you," She whispered back, forcing herself to give him a small saddened smile.

She watched on in silence as he overturned the table and couldn't help but wince as his hand clamped around the other man's throat. This wasn't like him.. Wasn't like Paul at all. He was always so incontrol of everything, knew what he was doing and seeing him come to pieces like this was painful.

"Paul, can you.." She thought for a minute as she tried to get his attention without drawing the others to her as well. "Can you take me to get some food or something?" Her eyes never left his face as he moved around the cages.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!