Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

War and the Sea

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: War and the Sea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:51 pm

She was staring and had not realized until he said something. Alysander had told her not to bother the woman so Isla remained where she was, facing him.

She watched as he removed the plaid and then the damp shirt. Her eyes followed the muscles of his back as they moved under skin. He clearly worked hard as there was not much that was overly soft about him.

When he asked again if it bothered her, looking over his shoulder, blues eyes focusing on her Isla felt her entire body flush. She was instantly warm and suddenly very embarrassed.

"N-no it does not bother me. I have seen men without their shirts before. Never so close up or handsome..." Her hands came up to her mouth, covering it as her cheeks reddened more.

Her large eyes widen with a slight glint of fear in them. She had not been thinking. Isla swallowed and it felt like. Rock in her throat.

"I am sorry I did not mean, I mean yes you are handsome but that...I was not implying that I was staring because you..."

Her face burned hotter and Isla turned around and walked towards her blanket that was laid out in the floor. She picked it up and wrapped it around herself as if it might help hide her embarrassment. She had forgotten entirely to be worried that Rhiannon had given her his blanket.

She turned around to face him again, slightly more composed. "I am sorry. I am speaking out of turn. You not having your shirt on does not bother me."

Isla's eyes were cast downward shyly. She waited a few heartbeats before looking up through her lashes in an effort to judge his reaction to her comments. She feared he might tell her to leave and though she would not blame him it was not what she wanted.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:14 pm

A soft chuckle of surprise left his lips as Isla turned to hide her rapidly reddening face. Handsome? She thought he was handsome? His own face felt slightly warm, but mostly he was enjoying her embarrassment and the way she went on spluttering, trying to correct herself. She was so innocent! Well, she had been a maid until just recently. She was old to be a maiden still, he realized with surprise. Isla was a spinster, though he couldn’t fathom why. She was a pretty woman, and very striking. Why wasn’t she already wed and having bairns? Maybe, once he knew her a little better, he could ask.

Deciding to spare her further embarrassment, Alysander reached into his travel bag and replaced the shirt he’d removed with a dry one that looked much the same, then crossed the short distance to where the wine and cups were sitting on a tray on the table the basin had once occupied. He filled both cups and went to where Isla was standing in the narrow gap between the wall and the bed. She’d wrapped herself in a blanket and suddenly looked very much like a little girl to him. Had he really just been imagining her, naked and inviting?

“I hardly think ye need this t’ loosen up,” he teased, handing her one cup. “But it’ll warm yer blood a wee bit.”

He went back to where he now considered ‘his side’ of their shared room, putting distance between them. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked down into the contents of his cup, still slightly smiling. “Ye were not speakin’ outta turn,” he assured her. “Ye don’na need a turn to speak with me. I’m sorry I embarrassed ye, Isla.”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:36 pm

He dressed, putting on a new shirt and replacing his plaid. Isla relaxed a little. Alysander did not seem angry with her or insulted that she found him attractive.

That he was appealing to her did not surprise her. She had seen men from afar that were handsome. Some who were not but embarrassed her was that for once she was in the same room, a shared space and close enough for him to hear her say he was handsome.

Isla lowered the blanket and took the cup from him. She frowned at his back as he walked away. Her eyes went from the cup to Alysander again. He sat on the bed and she remained standing. The blanket slipped from her arms and pooled at her feet.

“Ye don’na need a turn to speak with me. I’m sorry I embarrassed ye, Isla.”

Her back stiffened. Her cheeks reddened more.

"There is no need for you to apologize. I just do not spend a lot of time around people and I forget sometimes that when I talk aloud you will hear me."

Her voice was quiet. Isla lift the cup to her lips. The scent of the wine was heady. She took a deep inhale. She could not remember if she had ever had wine before. Tilting the glass she let the liquid move over her lips and across her tongue. It felt warm and thick. Isla slowly swallowed. She let the taste linger for a moment before she lowered the cup again and looked down at the red surface.

"This tastes lovely. Thank you."

She could feel it warming her belly as it hit. Isla licked her lips. She looked over at Alysander.

"May I sit on the bed?"

Her gaze ran over him and then she looked away shyly once more.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 pm

“Not many people on yer island?” he asked, and downed half the cup of wine in a gulp. It was slightly warming and began to ease away the chill that had set in from their walk in the rain. The blanket she’d wrapped around herself was now pooled once more beside the bed. The woman had emerged like a butterfly from a cocoon, tentatively revealing herself.

"May I sit on the bed?"

Alysander nodded and patted the spot beside him, though there was more than enough bed for two of them. Isla was shy and seemed unsure. If she wanted to keep her space, there was more than enough mattress to do so. “Aye, ye do’na have to stand.”

Her cheeks were still slightly pink, blush on ivory surrounded by a halo of deep brunette. She had striking coloring compared to the people he knew. He was used to vibrant red curls, russet locks, and apricot blondes. Isla was fairer than anyone he’d ever seen, her hair almost as deep in color as his own, her eyes an unusually rich black-brown.

So she has a bonny face, he told himself, trying to distance himself once more. They still had a ways to travel. Feeling indifferently toward her would only make the journey less complicated. There are any number of bonny lasses back home, and with softer bodies and more knowing hands.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Isla’s face flickered for a moment with apprehension as Alysander patted the bed beside where he sat. She was not used to being so close to people, in particular men and so far it had not turned out well for her. Used, hit and tied up...they did not make one comfortable. One the other side though Alysander did not look at her the way Wallace had and he had not tried to lay a hand on her in violence. In fact he had brushed water from her face earlier.

“Thank you.”

Her eyes were on her cup as she held it in her lap. Her head tilted slightly and she considered the wine once more before raising the cup to her lips. Isla took a deep drink. She swallowed, savouring the taste and letting it warm her body once more before turning her head to look at him.

She had been careful to sit close but not too close lest he feel cramped and crowded by her. Her face turned to look up towards his face. Alysander’s dark hair cast a slight shadow around his face though it did not hide the blue eyes.

They still look like the sea on a clear day.

Isla smiled and brought her attention back to his question.

“There are people. Lots of families but I tend to spend my time at the sea. On the beach and in the water. I am not...”

She took another drink. Her cheeks reddened a little from the wine.

“I am just not used to being around a person for a great deal of time. I like people but I am more used to being alone and isolated.”

For the first time Isla felt sad about how much of her life was spent in her seal form. She rarely thought about it but talking about family, the island, all of it made her feel....homesick.

I am getting too used to this form. I need my coat and to be back in the sea. She blinked back tears.

Isla raised her cup once more. Her stomach felt very warm now and it was spreading down to her toes. Her cup was lowered and her hand went to her cheek.

“You were right this did warm me.”

She smiled at Alysander.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Alysander knew the personality type that Isla was describing. She was a loner who preferred her space. Perhaps she felt suffocated by the presence of others, or maybe she just felt ill at ease. Whatever the case, he felt he understood on some level. It also helped to explain her formal, often awkward behavior around him. Perhaps she even wanted to be friendly, but struggled with how to go about it. He could certainly relate to that.

There was a thin curtain stretched across their one tiny window, and light had stopped pouring through the fibers. It was dark beyond the window, but Alysander could make out the hazy glow of the moon through the fabric. The night was still young, but it felt as if a distance had grown between them, though she’d physically moved closer. Maybe it was better to lie down and try to sleep.

“Are ye tired?” he asked, finishing his cup of wine. He stood and moved to the table, pouring a second. “If yer ready for bed I can put out the light.” His eyes flicked to the lone oil lamp on the table beside the bed. It cast a warm glow on Isla’s face, and twisting shadows on the wall behind her.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Alysander stood and walked away towards the table. Isla looked down at her hands, where they wrapped around her cup.

He asked if she was tired and while she was not she took it as a sign that he wished to be separate from her company now.

“Not really. I mean I will go to sleep, I am sure you are tired and want to get an early start. I am sorry to keep you up.”

Isla stood and crossed to the table. She stopped awkwardly in front on him. She tried to reach around him or step around so that she could place her cup on the table.

“Thank you for the wine.” Her cheeks were even warmer now. “Thank for the walk and the meal. And sharing your room. I will find a way to repay you for your kindness.”

She managed to get the cup on the table by reaching around him. She paused and looked up at him. “I am glad you found me and are willing to travel with me. I might not be the best at expressing it but the company is appreciated.”

Isla inched backwards towards the blanket.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Was he imagining it, or did Isla suddenly look troubled?

“Not really,” she replied. “ I mean I will go to sleep, I am sure you are tired and want to get an early start. I am sorry to keep you up.”

Alysander sighed, wishing she’d stop apologizing for every little thing. Was there no end to her apologies? Most of the time when she apologized, there wasn’t even anything to apologize for! His eyes closed tightly in a brief grimace before he smoothed his features once more.

“It’s fine,” he assured her, albeit a bit more tightly than he meant to.

“Thank you for the wine. Thank for the walk and the meal. And sharing your room. I will find a way to repay you for your kindness.” She was trying to edge around him to the table he was standing in front of, but the room was small and mostly occupied by furniture or their own bodies. One arm began reaching around him and she leaned in closer. He heard a dull thud as she managed to maneuver herself around him enough to set the cup onto the tray. Her eyes traveled upward and met his, her face flushed.

“I am glad you found me and are willing to travel with me. I might not be the best at expressing it but the company is appreciated.”

Now she was edging carefully away from him, back to the little area he’d mentally marked off as ‘hers’, if only because she’d laid her belongings there. “Ye do’na have t’ thank me,” he sighed. “An’ ye don’ have t’ apologize all the time! Look, I ken ye hardly know me, but... ye can just be yerself aroun’ me. Please. I’d... I’d much prefer it that way.”

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Isla flinched slightly as Alysander told her not to apologize and to be herself. How was she supposed to explain that she did not know who she was in this form.

She stopped in her backwards motion. Her eyes dropped to the floor. Her hands folded in front of her. Her hair fell forward, a dark curtain around her shoulders and face.

“I will try.”

Her face lifted, her eyes meeting his. “Alysander, I do appreciate all you have done so far. Kindness is not something I am overly familiar with and I find myself....unsure.”

Isla wished she still had the wine. Another drink right now felt like it would do wonders for her confidence.

“I should let you sleep.”

She smiled, gave him a small nod and turned to grab the blanket. Isla knelt and pulled the blanket around herself, she laid her head on her pack. Dark hair circled her head and framed her face.

“Good night Alysander.”

She was not tired yet. She laid there with her eyes opened and wait for him to settle in for the night. Eventually sleep would come but at the moment her thoughts were caught up in everything that had happened today. She still had not asked him why Rhiannon had sent him out after Gareth.

Perhaps tomorrow will be better, less awkward or tense.

She would have to get back on the horse but maybe even that too would be easier.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:40 pm

The tiny, dark haired woman seemed to shrink in on herself, physically and emotionally withdrawing- the opposite of what he’d intended. She dropped her gaze to somewhere on the floor, and Alysander watched her in silent disappointment.

“I will try.”

Tentatively she met his gaze, but she looked like a doe in the two seconds of frozen terror when it locks eyes with its hunter before running. “Alysander, I do appreciate all you have done so far. Kindness is not something I am overly familiar with and I find myself....unsure.”

Alysander didn’t know what to think. He mutely gave a curt nod.

“I should let you sleep.”

He missed the brief smile she flashed at him, his back already turned. He finished the cup of wine he had poured a moment ago, then put the cup on the tray with slightly more force than he’d intended. When he turned back around, Isla had settled herself beneath her blanket on the ground beside the bed. Was he so frightening to her that she couldn’t stand to sleep in a bed with him that was big enough to fit an entire family? He smothered the flame and watched as the wick became nothing but a glowing ember that slowly petered out. He took the two short steps to the side of the bed furthest from where Isla lay and stretched out, one arm acting as a pillow behind his head. He stared at the black ceiling, in a foul mood.

“Good night Alysander.”

He pretended not to hear her.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:59 pm

She heard the glass that was placed on the tray. It echoed in the room like someone had rang a large bell. The light went out and Isla laid there.

Sleep would not come. Isla laid on her back, with the blanket pulled up to her chin. Hours went by and still she could not sleep. Her stomach felt wrong, her body was tense and her mind too active to let her settle down.

Her eyes drifted to the bed. She did not hear anything so assumed he was asleep. She had never shared a room with someone before. Quietly Isla pushed herself up. She stood and wrapped the blanket around her arms. It draped around her as she walked slowly to the window. Isla stood there and stared out.

She could see the tops of homes and other buildings but she could also see trees and she knew that far beyond was the ocean. She longed to open the window and stick her head out in hopes of catching even the faintest scent of it on the breeze.

If I told him what I am he would not believe me. By not he is forcing me to think like a human. Is that so bad?

Isla was troubled. On one hand she missed the sea and the freedom of being a seal. On the other there were games and walks, talking and singing. For the first time she truly thought that maybe she could do what her mother had done and live amongst them. She still wanted her coat but maybe she would come back more often. Isla had already promised herself that would visit Rhiannon and the children more, to bring them presents but maybe she would make more effort to interact instead of simply watch.

While a lot of it was scary to her now, it might get easier as she had more practice. Isla stared at the moon. She was tired but her body simply would not rest. She missed the warmth of the others, the huddling together and the closeness.

Her eyes fell to the bed where Alysander’s form could be seen in a shadowed outline.

I wonder why he does not have a wife. I did not see another woman at Rhiannon’s. Perhaps that is where he travelled from. She did say he had been gone though he did not wish to talk of it. A man like him....curious that....

Isla wished briefly for a chair. The only place to sit comfortably was the edge of the bed. The floor was there but hard and cold. If she was going to be awake perhaps Alysander would not mind if she used a small space near the end to sit on.

Very, very carefully and quietly she crossed to the bed. With the greatest of care she slowly sat on the bed. Every muscle in her body tensed as she watched and listened for a sign that she had woken him.

Finally she sat, feet tucked up and huddled a little under the blanket. She stared off into the darkness.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Sleep was full of strange dreams and oddly vivid colors. Glowing pinks, creamy whites, deep, earthy browns. As he slept he tossed and turned, one moment lulled by a dream that was sweet and inviting, the next trapped in a nightmare he could not escape. He remained silent as he slept, but his mind was experiencing turbulent twists that made sleep altogether unrestful.

At times he dreamt of Rhiannon, at others Wallace, then it was Shannon, and the next it was his uncle. Isla appeared, over and over again, always on the sidelines of his dreams but never an active participant. She was watching him but wouldn’t help. Why wouldn’t she help? Wasn’t he helping her?

The bed shifted with her added weight at the corner, lulling him from his dream to a disoriented state of half-wakefulness. “Isla?” he asked, confused. Finally she’d come closer! She’d been so far away all that time, just looking at him. He could no longer remember why he’d needed her in the dream, but it seemed vaguely important that she not disappear again.

The room was colder at night and she’d wrapped a blanket around herself. Alysander half sat up, reaching toward her waist to pull her back. Why was she not under the covers? Why had she just been watching and not done anything to help him? He didn’t know what she should have helped him with, but the injustice of it still stung. “Quit runnin’ away,” he chided tiredly, pulling her by her waist toward the pillows where he was laying. He pulled her in tight against him and threw the covers over them both, his arm draping over her tiny form. He was asleep again even before his eyes fully shut.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:34 pm

She tensed, eyes going very wide in the dark as Alysander spoke her name. She had woken him. Her heart sank. He did not seem angry, more confused.

Isla licked her lips and opened her mouth to explain but she stopped as he sat up and reached for her. There was fear. Fear that he would grab her as Wallace had though she had never thought he would do that. She did not struggle. His hands were gentle as they circled her waist and pulled her to him.

Isla whimpered softly as she was moved. She knew fighting was going to be useless. He was so much stronger than she was. Everything fell away leaving only confusion as he told her to stop running away.

She stared at him for a moment but could not tell in the dark exactly where he was looking or if he was even awake. She imagined he must be. He was talking and moving her but she was so confused that she considered maybe she had fallen asleep.

Isla was about to push him away, to try and get out of the bed when he pulled her tightly against him and covered them in the blanket. His arm was wrapped around her and there was no way Isla could get away.

Alysander stopped moving. His breathing was steady and even but though he seemed asleep he held her tightly still. Isla laid there for a moment, her heart pounding. He did nothing more.

Not like Wallace.

That much seemed clear. His intention towards her did not lean the way the other man’s had. Isla laid there, held against him and found herself unwittingly lulled towards sleep. Alysander was warm. His body firm yet comforting. She tried to keep her eyes open. Tried to wait for him to relax so she could slip away. The longer she waited the warmer and more comfortable she became. Isla barely knew him, worried that he barely tolerated her and yet this moment she was vulnerable and drifting off to sleep in his arms.

His hold on her was firm, it never lessened and eventually her body gave in fully and she slept pressed against him.

He smells faintly of the sea. I can smell the salt still... That was enough. Her mind stopped its workings, her body relaxed and she snuggled against the man.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:00 pm

The sun had not yet risen, though it was warming the sky to a hazy amber on the horizon when Alysander awoke. He yawned, then spluttered as long, silky strands of dark brown hair fell into his open mouth. He turned his chin away, freeing himself of the mouthful of hair. His eyebrows knit together in confusion. Isla was beside him, her back pressed snugly against his chest. He had one hand draped over her hip, and before he could even stop to think what he was doing, his hand followed the curve down to her waist and back up to her hip again. He felt his neck grow warmer and swallowed against the lump in his throat.

Was she asleep? Hadn’t she been sleeping on the floor last night? She must have crawled into bed at some point, Alysander thought. He wasn’t sure what to do. Wake her? Feign sleep? Part of him was terribly tempted to let the hand on Isla’s hip explore a little farther, then he became aware that the soft mounds of her backside were pressed tightly against a very firm erection. It’d be hard whether she was here or not, he tried to tell himself. Would she believe that? Or would she lash out at him angrily and say he was no better than Wallace?

Subconsciously, his fingers had been caressing her hip slowly back and forth, but he became aware of it and stopped. What to do? Why am I worrying about it? She got into bed with me! He was fairly sure the unbearably shy, unsure woman would not appreciate being woken with his hands exploring her soft, warm places.

He decided to wait till she woke up on her own so he could gauge her reaction and go from there. He let his head fall back against the pillow once more, and his arm awkwardly hovering above her, returned it to it’s original position.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:50 am

It was warm and comfortable. The last thing Isla wanted was to wake up and leave the warmth. Her last few nights had not exactly been the greatest of rests. Passing out in the mud and sleeping under a bush in the rain made one appreciate a dry bed and warm blankets.

In her deep sleep she forgot about Alysander pulling her in and holding her to his body as he slept. The warmth around her changed slightly. Something lifted and she frowned in her sleep and snuggled unconsciously back against Alysander.

Slowly she was pulled from sleep as something caressed her hip. Isla inhaled deeply, sleep slowly falling away as his arm came around her again. Her eyes opened and she stared at the wall.

Do I move? Should I get up?

Isla swallowed. Her heart was suddenly pounding hard against her ribs. She was very aware of the feel of his arm over her body. His breath was on her hair. Her back was pressed against his chest. Her legs were tangled in her chemise. It had rucked up around her knees. Her legs were laid out alongside his. Her whole body was laid neatly into his. It was at that moment that not only did Isla realize how firm his chest was against her back but there was a pressure against her backside. She made a small noise in her throat.

Alysander was not moving, he was not moving her either. Maybe he is still just sleeping... She tried not to think about his body and how they were positioned. Her lips parted a little as her breathing increased ever so slightly. Being near him made her feel odd.

Isla moved her head slowly to look to where his arm was draped over her. Outside the sun was only beginning to rise but the dim light afforded her more visuals than the night had. Under the blanket she could make out his hand, his wrist to where it disappeared over her body.

If I try to move I might wake him.

Part of her thought she should be angry at him. She had simply been sitting on the end of the bed when he pulled her to him. For some reason she could not find the anger the same way she had towards Wallace. Alysander had not grabbed her in the same way. He had pulled her in and...held her to him, even covered her with blankets. The most confusing part was him telling her to ‘quit running away.’ She had not been going anywhere and she was not running.

A shuddering breath escaped as the selkie tried to work out what to do. It was so warm and comfortable where she was, she could easily drift back to sleep but there was his reaction to worry about once he woke and the pressure on her backside along her vague idea of what it might be. Confusion and fear mixed with something else, some other feeling she could not explain.

Isla squeezed her eyes shut. If I roll onto my back.... Very slowly she turned her body under his arm. She waited to see if she had caused him to waken. Now if I can slip sideways out of the bed....

She held her breath and waited to see if Alysander stirred before she would try and slip out of the bed.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:39 pm

He could tell she had awoken by the way her slow, even breaths became slightly faster. Her shoulders tensed for a moment, and he had a feeling she was doing exactly what he had done only moments before: silently assessing the situation. She didn’t make any sudden moves; in fact, she stayed still a moment longer. Was she regretting her decision of taking on a bed-mate the night before? Maybe the wine had been too much and had impaired her decision making.

Her body shifted and she rolled away from him, his arm sliding away from it’s place at her hip. He pulled the arm in and shifted his body up, supporting himself on one elbow. Their eyes locked as she completed her turn onto her back.

“Good mornin’?” he asked. It was definitely a question.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:02 pm

He moved beside her. Isla stared up into his blue eyes. Her heart stopped.

“Good morning Alysander.”

His a question, hers a statement. There was apprehension and confusion in her voice. She laid there now stiff and tense beside him.

She wanted to ask him where he thought she was running to. Wanted to ask him why he had pulled her into bed but for the moment all she could do was stare up at him.

Isla managed a weak smile. His tone had been questioning. Her eyes softened. She licked her lips.

“I am not mad. If you think I am, I am not. I did not stop you, not that I could have I think but you were gentle. What I do not understand is....why did you think I was running away?”

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:21 pm

“Stop me?” asked Alysander, baffled. He looked at her in confusion, sitting up further. Stop him from what? His eyes widened and a sudden thought crossed his mind. Had they....? Maybe he’d had more wine than he remembered. No, I only had two cups. That’s hardly anything at all. He had the sudden urge to check the wine bottle and see if it was empty though.

I did not stop you, not that I could have I think but you were gentle.

Had they really? He didn’t remember any of it! He looked down, expecting to find himself unclothed, but everything seemed to be in place, exactly as it had been last night, or close enough. Isla, too, was clothed. If they had made love, why did he not remember any of it, and why had they redressed afterward?

He blinked in confusion, bringing a hand to the side of his head. He didn’t feel any of the symptoms of excess drinking. His head felt clear, if more than a bit confused. Her question still hung in the air, unanswered. Running away? What did she mean? “I....” he faltered, shaking his head to himself. “I’m not sure.” He looked at her, questioning, seeking. “Isla, did we... Did we spend the night... together? In this bed?”

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Alysander sat up and she followed suit. He seemed confused and Isla frowned and looked at her hands. He seemed as unsure of everything as she was and this just further confused the selkie.

“Did we spend the night... together? In this bed?”

Isla looked up at him. She was met with a questioning look. “Yes....not the whole night though.”

She paused for a moment to figure out the best way to explain.

“Not initially. I laid down on the floor and you the bed. I could not sleep and went to the window. I grew tired of standing but the only place to sit was the bed. I tried to be very careful but you woke.”

Isla lowered her eyes. Her voice softened. Her cheeks flushed a little.

“You reached out and pulled me in towards you. You were very gentle and covered me up as you pulled me in against you. You laid back down, telling me to quit running away and then held me there as you went back to sleep.”

She blushed more now, embarrassment taking hold. ‘I did not fight because well....you are much stronger and truth be told...you were quite gentle. The bed was warm and comfortable. I did not wish to make you angry and I was very confused.”

Isla looked up slowly at him.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Alysander gaped at Isla for a moment, then sighed with what was mostly relief. “I see,” he muttered, rubbing his eyes. “So that’s all.” He shook his head to himself and chuckled. “Isla, when ye said I was gentle and that ye did not stop me, I thought ye meant we....”

There were any number of coarse words he could have used, but there was no need to speak like that in front of a woman, especially an unwed and inexperienced one. He rethought his phrasing. “I thought ye meant we made love with each other.”

His eyes traveled up to the ceiling and he threw his legs over the side of the short bed, pulling himself up. He stretched and sighed. “Sorry, Isla. I do’na know what happened last night.”

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!