Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Warhammer 40k Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Warhammer 40k Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:32 pm

Alright, so I've wanted to see a Warhammer 40k rp get started for some time now, but either they never got attention or got started. So I have a story revolving around the potential threat, and lack of intel, the Imperium have on Necrons, plus the meddling of Chaos. Here's a story I typed up, but by all means is open to other people's ideas and tweaks. I made up a bit of it (Mainly the Necron Lord Scythe thing), but considering how massive the W40k Universe is, I don't think it hurts much.

In the Darkness of the 41st Millenium, there are many threats to the Imperium of Man, both from without, and within. Cultists attempt to bring the Imperium to its knees from within, while the Traitor Marines that continue to batter the Imperium from the Eye of Terror. The Tau are slowly attempting to push and colonize space rightfully claimed by the Imperium, while Tyranid fleet shards spread through space like a cancer, devouring all it comes into contact with until utterly destroyed. Eldar Pirates and Craftworld Forces appear at seemingly random, executing their own schemes and plots, not caring for Humanity's claims, letting planets burn to save one of their kin. However, some consider that these threats combined pale in comparison to that which is posed by the Necrons. A race of machines that are devoted to the utter annihilation of any thing that lives, and is ancient enough that the Eldar appear to forgo almost every other objective to oppose them.

The Necrons are slaves to their star gods, the C'tan, and serve them mindlessly for one purpose. The harvesting of souls and slaughter of the living. Imperial Scientists and even Inquisitorial research has yet to yield to us why they are so bent on destruction of the living, and in particular the Warp. What has appeared, however, is that the Necrons have a particular hatred towards those touched by the Warp, Adeptus Astartes Librarians, Imperial Guard Sanctioned Physkers, and Eldar Warlocks and Farseers. Necrons kill without mercy, and authorities on the Necron believe that they have a weakness to the Warp energies physkers wield. Further research has yet to reveal anything, however, the Necron won't sit idle while we search for ways to defeat them. They continue to wake on many planets beginning to receive the designation of Tomb World. These Tomb worlds have Necron forces slumbering beneath the surface, waiting for turmoil to awaken them again. One planet has encountered such turmoil, and the Necrons are awakening again. The planet, in specific, is an Agricultural world known as Chiros.

Imperial Guard have responded to distress beacons activated, and found the Necron rising slowly from the earth. Their CO, General Kevork, had encountered the Necron before and immediately requested aid. The Guardsmen sent had been woefully under prepared for the potential onslaught , but surprised all when the first Necron scouting parties pushed forward. Using well entrenched and defended positions, plus a skilled use of mobile Armor reserves as emergency defenders, they managed to hold the line despite all odds. They held for a week as more Necron slowly awoke, but that week proved vital for the relief forces that had responded. Several Strike Cruisers arrived, of the Imperial Fists Chapter, counting nearly a hundred fifty Marines, landed shortly before the major offensive that would of shattered the Guardsmen, despite their skilled defensive tactics. The Imperial Fists managed to push back the Necrons yet again with no losses. By now, several more cruisers, two carriers, and a light Battleship had arrived. They were not here to fight Necrons, but were responding to a potential warp anomaly that was to pass through the sector. There had been fears that it was a splinter of a Tyranid Hive, but proved to be something else entirely. A Chaos fleet, of equal numbers of the Imperial fleet having taken up station in orbit over Chiros to defend, cut a bloody swath through the fleet and landed north of the Imperial Forces, who were holding entrenched positions around the few major cities and factories. Chaos had reached the planet, Necrons were awakening, and orbital footage caught the fighting between Chaos and Necron.

Alright, so I was thinking a Dark Heresy esq style of things, with a group of people under an Inquisitorial role, although this is, again, a basic idea of sorts. This would be the first rp I ran, so while I do have a general idea on how to run keep the rp going, it would be a bit of learning in that aspect. So, can I get people's opinion on this story, and if it would be enjoyable to go through? I'm more then open to ideas.
Garrus Vakarian: James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in Heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Warhammer 40k Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exilewing on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:18 pm

That can work. I have a idea on how you can do a squad based character design. Basicly like the new game. But you make a "hero" Character from one of the races that you are going to let be in this rp. That character will havea squad of one of the soldier types. The types determine how main they get in a squad. If they want they can add a little personality and such to them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Exilewing
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:50 pm

That could work, and we wouldn't need as nearly as many people for the rp if they are leading squads of their own troops into combat. Although were probably going to need at least one or two more people, the squad based idea sounds good.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exilewing on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks. I hope we get some more.

Exilewing
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derotzka on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:18 pm

I'd completely be up for it.
A 40k RP sounds awesome. Count me in.
<Insert witty line here>

Let them curse my name, On these blood stained pages of misery. Let them call me a tyrant so cruel, let them curse my name. But remember the truth!

Derotzka
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Awesome, I'll give it a day and see if this gets any more attention here, otherwise, I'll post up the official OOC thread, with Character templates and whatnot, to organize what needs organized there.

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:11 am

Hmm...im not to familiar with the universe as a whole but I watched my sis play alot of the games, and that isnt anything an afternoon of research cant help. I say yay! Bring on the violence!

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eisenhorn on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Eisenhorn
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!