Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Warriors Welcome (Closed)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Warriors Welcome

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Zen chuckled at his offer. "Listen...Vindex is it? The blacksmithery down in the village is what your seeking, we make the armor and put it up for sale. Custom offers take time, from weeks to months depending on how much we're getting paid. I suggest you do a little shopping" zen smirked as he walked off agian
“Man can live with about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:05 pm

Vindex persisted, "But, you're too young to be professional, yes?" He inquired, "Surley you can't enjoy that work, plus, I have no money! If I did I'd be at the bawdy house right now!" He gave a hearty laugh, then continued, "If blacksmithing is really what you want to do, then yes, put up with it for the next five years of your life, however, I could instruct you on ways of being a Barbarian, it's quite fun really..." He trailed off, noticing a Satyr through the forest, not twenty meters away. Then, weilding his axe high in the air, charged towards the beast, yelling, "Dinner!" at the top of his lungs. You, see, not even a Barbarian would consider eating a Satyr, but Satyr's are evil beastmen, and beastmen carry their loot with them. So he fought the creature and slayed it, recovering a crude Oak Buckler along with some tough leather armbands. As well as enough gold to buy a decent breastplate.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Keikeiya jumped toward the 17 year old boy, almost pushing him off from where he was standing. Her face was just inchs away from his. "You really want to know?" she said sweetly before bringing up her knee toward his jaw.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Zen laughed at the barbarian's rash actions then he stopped. and listened... he could hear it, its foot scraping the ground, it's snout bushing up agest the ground looking for its food. in almost 2nd nature he whipped out his arrow and pointed it, what seemed like at the barbarian. He was still listining. he closed his eye's as he homed in on the baor he let all of his breath out... opened his eyes and released hsi arrow.

It took a fast flight zipping past the barbaria's ear's almost nipping them as a loud squeal then a thud was heard far foawrd in disatnce roughly 20 more meters from the plundering barbarian.

Zen took a deep breath and relaxed. He walked forward past the barbarian slowly to his dead target taking the arrow out from it's skull it snapped "Dammit! that's 5 broken arrows" zen cursed. he dragged over a broken limb from a tree and tied off the bars leg making it easy to carry his dinner.

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:20 pm

Vindex watched the arrow find it's mark, admiring the boy's skill with a bow, said, "Nice. But how good are you in a melee?"

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Fleeing after hitting the boy again she took off to the forest. She past Vindex and Zen. She briefly stopped to say "Oi! How are you all doing?!" then smiled as she took off sprinting again, and about 20 seconds later the man following her passed them screaming "Hey! Get back here! Whats under the hood??!!" Stunned Zen and Vindex just watched the strange scene for a few moments.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Zen wanted to make a remark about 'under the hood' but figured they we're alredy too far shaking his head at the relativly reatrded dumbfounded boy chasing after the woman he couldnt help to laugh "Aye, i am good with a bow, but um... your axe.. and my sword... i dont think you'll win sir." Zen wore his bow with the wood across his back and using the string to keep it on him as he slung the heafty boar on his sholders and began to walk off to his shead to skin the boar.
Last edited by Zenatsu on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:54 pm

"You doubt the power of the old gods!" He laughed, seeing as how many had turned to the civilazation of the kingdoms, bah! I need no kingdom to protect me, I have the Olden Gods. He thought as he started, walking off towards town, One good thing about civilazation though, is that with it, comes taverns.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:03 pm

zen thought for a moment ' old gods? that's something my stepdad keeps talling me about ' "And persay sir what do you know of them old gods?" zen askd walking not next but down the same path as him with 5 ft between them

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Keikei then returned running past both men again, the man still running screaming "Whats under the hood??!" Sprinting past Zen, flashing a smirk.

((OOC: I couldn't resist at all!))

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:15 pm

After watching the Elf pass by again, he continued with his conversation, "Know? I worship them!" He chortled as he continued, "My chosen god, who is also patron of my profession, is Krolm. God of Barbaric Ferocity." He then thought, His step-father... How interesting... "And by worshiping gods that exist" he put empahsis on that word, "their powers are channeled through you wheere or when that god's... subjet is in effect, in example, do you really beleive that I could cleave that Satyr's head of clean in one swipe with this rusty thing?" He tossed the axe at Zen. "The powers of each god are limited though, for instance, my powers are useless when it comes to any sort of magic counterance." He finished with a moral, "And that's why you want to practice, so when you get really in the thick of it, you don't need the gods. But they're useful."

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:44 pm

"ah, and so persay, and is your god also limited in awareness?" zen replied as one f his boar trap's sprang as it would cathc the barbarian's leg and hoist him up dangling by only his foot. as the rope continues over a limb and tied by by a near tree. Zen kept on walking.

(~( he wants to see your body!! not just teh earz!! teh goodz too!! i would totally use that refrence. Oh and if you really want i got many of those trap's set so if you want you can use one to make him get caught into one :D, i love thease traps. )~)

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Just as the rope was pulling Vindex at the most powerful moment, the knot gave way sending him into a bit of a loop and landing somewhat squarley on his feet. If a little disorentated. "If Krolm truly favors me this day, it'll be free drinks at the tavern!" He said with a wide grin as he made his way towards town dizzily.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:59 pm

(Hahahahaha.)

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Zen laughed "Good luck with that, that barkeep is getting money not giving it away" Zen veared off away from Vindex heading towards his home. Maby his stepfather would be there, and help him prepare the boar for dinner. And for that beautiful elf he offer dinner for, he'd hope she would find the note he slipped in her pocket to find his home. Lucky for him there is absolutly nothing of value for a theif to get out.

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:14 pm

When Vindex reached town, there was little to do, so he decided to get some incense, and a little bit of beer and head off into the forest, to see if he could find a shrine. After hours of wandering in the night he found a large, jagged, yet solemn monolith. He sat down, lighting his incesnse and pouring beer on the large rock. All the time singing an ancient song, in a dead language, and all the while, Vindex felt at peace with the world. The gods will sleep peacefully tonight! And on the subject of sleep, I need to meditate on this new power from this place. He found a crag in the rock and inserted fronds of a fir tree inside, making it considerably morecomfortable. "I don't think you'd mind my staying here tonight, would you Krolm? he called up to the stars, and Vindex, Barbarian of Krolm, slept peacefully for that night, at least, but that dosen't mean that dreams wont occur...

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Meeting the house Zen was at, she folded the note in her pocke. She had ditched the man for now. She knocked twice on the door, careful to keep her hood up.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenatsu on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:30 pm

Zen walked up to the shead. he looked around and ddnt see any signs of his step father, it was dusk and getting rather late. he plopped the dead bor on a table stained on blood, took off his bow and quiver and set it aside. He put on a blood stained apren and weilded a butcher knife and proceeded to behead the boar. As blood shot out zen continued to skin the boar and gut it out ---blah blahb blah preparing blah blah blah--- as the stove was piping hot he threw a hunk of meat on it and began to cook it. Just then his steapdad walked in "Oh, hey zen, did, ah so you did" Vonrig said seeing Zen cook the meat "It looks like i dont need to remind you to do anyhting anymore. isnt that right?" he laughed "Well, what would you say if i told you i am tired of the blacksmith?" Zen asked

"Why? your quite capable blacksmith, just a few years you can get really good at it"
"I know this, but my master is such a bastard, all he dose it talk to the lady's and puts what he would wonk on, on me and just yell. Its quite annoying after a while, and the man still owed me last pay too, not to mention tomarow is pay day aswell."
"So then it's double."
"I cann gt excellent money from skinning boars. and now the tannery is aslo starting to buy ivory."
"Is tht so? well, did you keep the head?"
"Yes, its in the shead. and i thre the old meat out aswell."
"that's good... call me when dinner's ready"
"You'll just pop out in time"

At that Vonrig left to anothr part of the house as Zen continued to cook the meat. Zen stopped at some knocking at the door. He went over to answr it. A little suprised he saw the woman standing infront of him "Hello, ma'am" he stepped out of the way to let her in.

Zenatsu
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:48 pm

A good meal had gotten the best of Keikeiya, as she was starving. She fallowed Zen into the kitchen, and quickly made her self at home, not removing her hood.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:53 pm

As Vindex slept, he found himself among snow and fir trees, a truly nordic landscape, with quite an intimidating Barrow looming in front of him. He found that he had none of his previous equipment from the day before, only sack cloth pants and a burlap shirt. He made his way into the Barrow where a great, black bearded man sat upon a throne of furs, upon seeing Vindex enter, he lifted his flagon and announced a toast to no one, besides Vindex. He was sitting at a great feasting table, but it was still inside a Barrow, the dead resting among this feasting man, it was all lit by torch light. Vindex then decided to take a closer look at him, and, if that man were to stand, he would be over... over 8 feet tall! Vindex was asstonished when the giant spoke with a great, husky voice,
"Welcome, Vindex, and thank you for the beer!"
"The beer.." Vindex asked trailing off for a moment then, remembering his offereing quickly, yet cautiously blurted out, "Krolm!"
The great man seemed to show a smile of satisfaction as he gestured for Vindex to sit beside him at the table in a chair of furs, not quite as tall as Krolm's. Vindex eagerly took the seat and asked, "Is there anything I can do for you?"
"No, nothing here, young mortal, I just brought you here to talk, thank you for the excellant drink," the giant gestured with his flagon, "and to give you a bit of food." He flicked his hand and suddenly Scantily clathed Barbaric women brought before him a platter of fresh roasted elk, and a tall deep flagon of ale.
Vindex, remembering that in the presence of a diety, espicially your diety, it was imperative to remain polite, so he asked, "May I?" The giant gave a nod and started speaking,
"I have been watching you, Vindex, and you are going to be going into great and terrible danger. And I've placed a bit of a wager on you, so I don't want to lose that wager, now you know." He gave a wink to the young man, who quickly nodded, "So, I know you've already met some others, strange and outlandish they maybe, they will be your comrades in your time of need. And, so you know, you may return here to my Barrow, the Barrow of all Barbarians, no matter how they die, and you will always find sanctuary here, all your life, n omatter if you sucseed or fail with your quest, or if I lose my wager, in which case, you'll probably be dead." He gave a chuckle, then continued, "None of your compatriots may come here, for none of them follow the olden ways. But you may tell them of what has happened here."
Then curiosity got the better of Vindex, he asked, "Just how do I get here?"
Krolm chortled, "Why my good man, you offer an offering to my shrine, and you sleep there. Now, I hope you're not afraid of the dead, for after each day of resting, they feast in this barrow at night. You will see that the torches never end, well, many Barbarians have died over the years, and I beleive you may be the last of them." He finished with a sorroful glance at the floor, "There yet maybe one other, one closely known by one of your comrades, you recall the young blacksmith, yes?"
Vindex quickly nodded,
"His step-father knows something of the old ways, I beleive, he and you are the last of a dying breed. But no matter, we shall battle and feast here to all eternity when you've come to stay!" Krolm then remembered an important point, "But, young Vindex, I will not always be here. I may be out hunting, or sparring with those deceased. But remember this, what happens to you here, affects you back in your plane, but your plane can't touch you here."
Vindex feasted through the night, and when he awoke with a full stumach, he discovered sauce and flecks of ale foam in his moustache. Not just that, but he felt completely rested... and barely any time had passed... Now, thought Vindex, Let's see what this blacksmith-to-be's father knows... He made his way out of the forest, and towards the town.
Last edited by Ottoman on Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!