Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I was trained for this!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

I was trained for this!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Plot:

In this jianghu/Giang Hu world, there is bloodshed. Things happen in the cover of darkness and yet society doesn't seem to miss a beat. No one is safe from those who show up in the night. Crimes are occurring under the nose of even the most powerful men in this world. Justice is a thin line that divides right and wrong. Welcome to the World of Giang Hu. In this world, this underground society, those masterful martial artist that you only see in films actually exist. They can do it all, scale walls, jump from building rooftop to rooftop, fight with extreme precision and stand atop a tree branch without it snapping in twine. They aren't simply born for this, they are trained for this lifestyle and are hired to perform tasks that can border on criminal or heroic. It is that which is done in the cover of darkness that keeps this world running smoothly. Some must die so that others may live.

You may ask yourself what does that have to do with me? Well my dear you are one of those trained to kill. You are a part of this jianghu world, this secret society of assassins that live by codes like honor and integrity. Even the thieves of this society have a certain code of integrity, and trust, without which none of them would survive very long. In this jianghu world you are often trained in schools or clans. The most notable school is Wudan, which does not train women, and produced legends like Li Mu Bai and the like. In these schools they teach you everything you need to know to survive in the jianghu world. It is vicious out there. You'll have to fight to survive, and you'll have to learn in order to make it in this world. You'll create a life for yourself that you've never dreamed of, but the question is, are you ready to do what it takes to make it? In jianghu there is a saying, "kill or be killed", exciting isn't it?

Setting:

This RP, while set in the 21st Century, will involve some off the wall crazy action. There will be fighting, weapon fighting, scaling walls, as well as special abilities. The special abilities will revolve around what has already been predetermined as actual "abilities" through various sources. From controlling water to healing rapidly, it's at your disposal. I am going to use a system where in your character develops these special abilities and you also get ONE all out powerful attack known as your Finale. This attack can be great in power, but must have an even greater drawback. This story is set in the United States of America, more specifically in Hollywood, California. I chose this location because it is a well known location; however, I am up for any suggestions on location. It can also be in New York, but the character will be traveling on missions.

Obligations:

I am looking for dedicated members. Those who wish to give into the story, as well as those who wish to collaborate if they want to add ideas to the story. I am looking for those who have time to devote to the RP, for while we all know that real life comes first, I would hope that those signing up will be willing to devote at least some of their time to it. I don't think that's too much to ask and if it is I am sure we can come to a decision on that.

Characterization:

Your character will have to fit into the story. I need diversity. Everyone isn't going to be powerful, everyone isn't going to be a master, EVERYONE IS NOT going to know everything there is to know about their fighting art. Yes there are those who will be more experienced than you, and yes they'll be able to defeat you, and yes you have room to grow, learn and become stronger. I give you the option to choose or even create the "school/clan" you belong to. There are those that can belong to the same clan; however, it does not mean that they will necessarily get along. So now the question remains.

Are you in? Are you ready to become a part of the jianghu world?

Below is a general character sheet you can fill out. Special thanks to Crooked Thoughts for providing it to me to utilize. I'm going to make sure and say this so that you all will know. Everything in the sheet doesn't apply to your character and if it doesn't apply, remove it.

Code: Select all
[center][size=200]CHARACTER DOSSIER[/size][/center]
PHYSICALITY[hr][/hr]
[u]Physical Description[/u]
Picture and/or worded Description

[u]Appearance[/u]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Facial Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Build:[/b]
[b]Skin Tone:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Voice:[/b]
[b]Handed:[/b]
[b]Body Markings:[/b]
[b]Scar Tissue:[/b]
[b]Unique Body Features:[/b]

[u]Name[/u]

[u]Nickname[/u]

[u]Alias[/u]

[u]Race[/u]

[u]Nationality[/u]

[u]Visual Age[/u]

[u]Factual Age[/u]

[u]Gender[/u]

[u]Sexual Orientation[/u]

[u]Class[/u]

[u]Level[/u]

MENTALITY[hr][/hr]
[u]Personality[/u]

[u]Virtue/Creed[/u]

[u]Quirks[/u]

[u]Fears[/u]

[u]Goal[/u]

[u]Likes[/u]

[u]Dislikes[/u]

[u]Strengths[/u]

[u]Weaknesses[/u]

ARMAMENT[hr][/hr]
[u]Head[/u]

[u]Neck[/u]

[u]Chest[/u]

[u]Back[/u]

[u]Arm/Shoulder[/u]

[u]Right Hand[/u]

[u]Left Hand[/u]

[u]Right Accessory[/u]

[u]Left Accessory[/u]

[u]Waist[/u]

[u]Legs[/u]

[u]Feet[/u]

COMBAT PROWESS[hr][/hr]
[u]Combativeness[/u]

[u]Natural Talents[/u]

[u]Skills[/u]

[u]Powers[/u]

[u]Weapon[/u]
[b]Weapon Name:[/b]
[b]Weapon Type:[/b]
[b]Material:[/b]
[b]Ammo:[/b]
[b]Length:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Weapon Description/Info:[/b]

EQUIPMENT[hr][/hr]
[u]Special Items[/u]
Items obtained during the RP

[u]Regular Items[/u]
Items carried before the RP

BACKGROUND[hr][/hr]
[u]Group Affiliation[/u]

[u]Religious Affiliation[/u]

[u]Marital Status[/u]

[u]Relatives[/u]

[u]Origin[/u]

[u]Occupation[/u]

Secondly, there will be a power tier in which you describe your character's power. The examples are below. Sort of like Marvel Ultimate Alliance when you had the power tree and you could decide which power to use, and you had the Ultimate Power that took out whatever was in the immediate vicinity.

Example 1

Telepathy: The ability to hear thoughts.

Tier 1: Read Thoughts, Communicate Mentally
Tier 2: Project Thoughts, Memory Search
Tier 3: Mind Trap, Project Illusions
Tier 4: Mind Control, Dream Dive/Control/Create
Tier 5: Improved Abilities-wider range-tap more minds at once, Add Mental Blocks

Finale: Neuro Maelstrom: An all out attack on the mind of all within a mile radius. The attack bombards the mind and causes those affected to lose all motor skill, becoming completely temporarily paralyzed. The stress on the mind can have lasting effects. After using this, the controller's mind is temporarily weakened and telepathy is temporarily lost for an entire day.

Example 2

Pyrokinesis/Flame Control: The ability to create or to control fire with the mind.

Tier 1: Fire Streams, Flame Projectiles, Flame Manipulation/Creation
Tier 2: Producing flames from other areas, Increased precision and temperature, Area Techniques
Tier 3: Power Increase, Channeling/Absorption, Flame Wall
Tier 4: Control/Manipulation of other Branches of Fire: Steam, Spontaneous Combustion, Explosions, Heat
Tier 5: Produce Secondary Element of Fire: Lightning, Grander Techniques: Ocean of Flames

Finale: Super Nova: Produces a burst of fire so hot it eradicates life in a straight stream projected from the controller. Afterwards the controller is severely weak and has no energy left.

Again these are examples, I want you to be far more creative and give me detail on what your powers can do and can't do as the tiers go up. Your character won't necessarily start at tier 5, they will start at tier 2 and their Finale can be utilized at any moment however the power of the finale is judged by what tier your character is at in their abilities. Let me know if I need to explain it better.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Re: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Anyone?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:26 am

I may be interested in this RP. PM me if you'd like for me to join (If you read profiles).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:06 am

I would love for all walks of life to join. It's still in the planning stages, and I was looking for any type of input as to what you think is it a good idea, bad idea, should I attempt it should I not attempt it. I figured those who are interested can gather here and discuss story line and plot ideas.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:51 am

I'd love to join. I always loved over-the-top martial arts flicks.

But I have a question: Would there be a central plot? A driving force for most of the characters? Or would it be more free-form, allowing people to make their own goals and enemies?

Alligot
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:38 pm

It will be a mixture. There will be a central force driving the characters, but there will also be free room for people to make their own goals and enemies and to develop their characters. Remember character actions warrant reaction, meaning what your character does has rewards as well as consequences. If they assassinate a well known figure, they'll be hunted.

I edited the first post to give you insight on the plot, the setting and various other tidbits of information. I plan on starting this if I get 7 players who are willing to play..

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Re: I was trained for this!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenPegg on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:15 am

Well, I'm pretty interested. Already have a character in mind if this works out.

As for the plot, don't these types of stories have a big bad? Some crime boss or master fighter who leads from the shadows and controls most of the horrible acts going on? Maybe a Yakuza or Triad boss or something of the like would be interesting.

Or perhaps maybe it's just a clan that doesn't want anymore competition. I don't know. Either way, I like where this is going already.

GreenPegg
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: I was trained for this!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:31 am

I can always put in the "baddie" who pinpoints all the clan heads and orders their assassinations.......then it will be up to your characters to protect the one you call "master" however I was also thinking of adding more to the story by putting hits on various authoritative people like the President of this story's version of the United States, or a Governor or some other powerful individual and you're either hired to deliver the death or stop it......

If you watched Scandal you'll be like a gladiator or you'll be like B613............. Glad to have you on board GreenPegg..... that makes three, now four more and I can get this thing started and you all can submit your characters. I'll post a general outline for characters in a few hours...

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!