Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Weird (and Basic) Horror Type RP Idea!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Weird (and Basic) Horror Type RP Idea!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LogantheCope on Fri May 08, 2015 4:31 am

Hey there everyone! The names LogantheCope, but calling me Logan is just fine as well. I'm here to tell you about an idea that was actually the basis for a failed student film project I worked on in high school with a couple of friends. While sifting through some really old papers I found the original script we wrote up and thought that it would actually make for a rather interesting roleplay.

I'll tell you a little bit about it now.

Pleas try and stick with me as what I'm writing can seem a bit off-topic and long-winded.

A little bit of information concerning the original storyline:

The storyline we created went along the line of friends filming an amateur Blair Witch Project type movie in their spare time. So in the beginning its all innocent and fun, something they use to pass the time during a particularly long summer. Eventually they finish the film, get a haphazard trailer put together and post it on the Internet for the world to see. Only when other people view the film they notice that there is something awfully strange about a few scenes where it looks like some shadowy creature is actually stalking the teens from afar. After reviewing the film themselves and seeing nothing they decide that its probably some elaborate joke and start to ignore the people that are telling them about this weird creature. Only one person out of the group can actually see the thing and after that starts to see it popping up everywhere (but for some reason she could only see it when she was filming something.)

Anyway as you can guess this leads to the others starting to get really paranoid, and eventually they begin fighting with each other/being attacked by the creature/lots of puzzles for the main characters to solve, and yadda yadda yadda. Very basic if you couldn't already tell.

[/b]The RP Idea Itself[/b]

A group of people who are either College or High School age are making this film for a class project. The same thing with the shadowy creature could be happening to them and we would start the RP right as they finish the film just before the drama begins to happen. Whether the characters already know each other as friends or just classmates is up to everyone to decide, but there will be at least two characters who know each other. I will leave the plot loose enough for character/world building but there will be a sort of structure to the RP that can be changed as it goes on.

I'm really not too sure about whether this will be something with Face Claims or not because I'm new to this site and face claims aren't exactly something I know much about - but I've seen them used quite a bit while skimming the roleplays on here. (Personally I would like to go with a more realistic effect of being average people rather than having celebrity faces.)

I'm thinking about keeping the Puzzles to solve idea, with everyone who joins being able to submit different kinds of puzzles to further the story-line. These could be things like having the characters figure out codes, or finding a way to escape from places. Etc, etc, etc.

In general I expect this to be rather detailed when it actually becomes a roleplay.

I could get a lot more in-depth about my ideas for the RP but I don't have much time left here. If theres any questions, or anyone simply wants to spit-ball some more ideas feel free to do so below! I'm looking for at least three other people to show interest before making finalizing it.
“I still get nightmares. In fact, I get them so often I should be used to them by now. I'm not. No one ever really gets used to nightmares.” - House Of Leaves

"Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit." - Twenty One Pilots

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LogantheCope
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Weird (and Basic) Horror Type RP Idea!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Fri May 08, 2015 12:14 pm

this sounds interesting and I could get into it

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jackrules158
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LogantheCope on Sat May 09, 2015 8:48 am

Awesome! Glad to see some interest.

Also I'm sorry for any typos. I get online really late at night and usually am so tired that I make a ton of mistakes.

LogantheCope
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NonHuman on Sat May 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Oh boy, I would definitely join this! It sounds like something that I would find extremely interesting.

NonHuman
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LogantheCope on Sun May 10, 2015 9:32 am

Awesome! ^.^ I may start putting it together later today. Hopefully if I get it set up fully there will be a little more interest so we could start it up faster I it

LogantheCope
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Mon May 11, 2015 10:02 pm

yeah I love anything horror related, and puzzles are always fun lol

jackrules158
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Thu May 14, 2015 7:40 pm

I second Jacks statement! I love horror, mystery and enigma type roleplays, for sure :)

I have a tiny question, Logan, regarding the face claims. Do we have to use real human ones or anime style ones?
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LogantheCope on Thu May 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Real face claims! But I'm not going to limit the face claims by putting up specific ones or anything.

However I'm still thinking about the age range. I'm thinking College or High School, and if High School I would say they would have to be Seniors (between ages 18-19 specifically with no exceptions) just because the characters need to have some level of maturity/intelligence that you don't see from most younger people. But if they are college aged then that would open up the age range a lot.

Both age-ranges have pros and cons, and going with the film being for a class can work for either.

If anyone wants to put in a vote towards one or the other that would help, since I want to make sure everyone is on board with the direction things take.

(Now as a general reminder the characters won't know each other outside of this specific project, with an exception of possibly one or two people having loose ties with another character and will only begin to form bonds after the craziness is upon them.)

LogantheCope
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Thu May 14, 2015 9:15 pm

I feel like we should have like an age cap if you decide to do college age people of like 24-25, honestly though I like the seniors 18-19 range.

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Thu May 14, 2015 9:28 pm

For age range, I would just go with college students instead because, to me, we have a lot more to work with regarding building mature structured relationships and individuals that are more realistic with young adults and adults in general. Also, the characters can really grow better, story and plot wise, when they aren't limited to being a minor. Of course this is just my opinion Lol.

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LogantheCope on Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 pm

Alright so thats pretty much a tie as far as age range lol. Personally I could go either way, I'm going to let Non tie break but I'm thinking we will probably end up doing the college age. I'm actually going to do a less tight regulation on age ranges if we go with college, but still have a basic 22-30 range (Because as far as I've observed from my college experience this is the typical range although I may have been the exception since I attended at eighteen but that was pretty much due to going to an alternative school for the last two years of high school.) Although I'm sure the characters are going to end up in a pretty similar age group anyways since that seems to be what always happens lol.

LogantheCope
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!