Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Well, here's my introduction!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Well, here's my introduction!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dysaniak on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:34 pm

Hiyah! I'm a guy, some kind of writer, and I definitely enjoy the worlds I make up more than the real one, sometimes... I came here looking for answers to some persistent questions, like, if I join, do I automatically get free awesome RP!? Because that'd be neat. I wish I had fewer choices!

Well, anyway, I'm just barely 18, but I've been playing online RPGs since I was 10, in the old Yahoo Chat realms... It still saddens my heart that they've gone under, because though they were full of nonsense, morons and sexual predators, they presented a unique opportunity for role players to meet up instantly, game, and flit off back to reality without any requirement of commitment!

I've been FORUM RPing for the last 4 years at a special, special place, and for the last couple months I've also been a proud member of a great little corner of the internet, the9worlds.com, which focuses on collaboration and storytelling, and it's nifty.

Writing major?

I bought $100+ worth of D&D books when I turned 13, and read them a lot, but never played until THIS YEAR, 5 years after buying them. First thing I did? Got together a bunch of amateurs like myself, and DMed the game! Here's a neat fact: There are seven of us (a bit large) and only two guys! When I later found a REAL D&D group (geeks who really knew the game) to game with, they didn't believe that I DMed a nearly all-girl group... BUT: Times change! It's the 21st Century!

I am really excited for 4th Edition! I don't care what the critics say - it's shiny, and its new, and it says it'll make combat easier... Anyway, as long as my characters can still lie to one another, it's roleplaying to me!

Thank you, thank you!

*bows*
Dysaniak, Dysaniak, Dysaniak - that's all my contact information.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dysaniak
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Well, here's my introduction!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hellias on Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:50 am

Wow. What an intro. Welcome you to this humble little site! =D Please feel free to join any RPs which makes you tingle with excitement when you read the plot!
INKING YOU.
Current RPs: Violent Cycle . Murder at the multiverse banquet . A simple Affair . Death Note . Eternia =World 1.0=

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hellias
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Well, here's my introduction!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:21 am

Rage, 4th Edition is made of nerfing, weakness, and no more good/evil alignments. They made it too simple, and TL;DR, 4th edition sucks.

Well, now that Rage is finished, I need to introduce myself. I am Ryand-Smith, the resident Super Robo Fan, and current member of the Help Staff, an elite team dedicated to helping you acclimatize to the nature of RPGateway. Now RPG is a large site at first, but I will do my best, destroy all precepts of fear and confusion, and help you get used to the site's community. I'm running the Super Robot Wars If you want to join an RP, but if you have any general questions, you can PM or IM me at anytime, and I will do my hardest to help you! And if you spot any evil, I will CLEAVE IT!

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!