Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Well, what'cha think of this?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Well, what'cha think of this?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:15 am

Hate Group

Well. I absolutely cannot believe that these guys can actually go around the country and spread hate like this. -.- I mean, aren't Christians supposed to spread love? This group is known for protesting Military and gay rights. The reason I am posting this is because..well..if you live in PA like I do, then last night on the news, a Marine was killed. He was brought home to Williamsport and his funeral is today..-I think-. This group is coming to this town to spit their crap at us and other things.

I will express my opinions on gay rights. (I've got to.)

Anyway. Yeah. I believe that gays should have the rights to marry. Sue me. Why? The expression here goes, "You can't help who you love."

Short, I like making opinions blunt.

On Military:

I personally do not like war, but these people risk their lives to protect us. I mean, come on. Give them some damn love. ^^

Back to the matter at hand. What do you guys think about this?
Hey, that's a post!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kagerou
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Well, what'cha think of this?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Hate groups. Their everywhere and contaminating everything. you can escape hate groups, just make a stand when in it's in you're face. Sadly free speech, general public ignorance and the addictive nature of hate-anger, violence-make it easy for hate groups to live until their solely targeted by large groups with good mainstream media access. You'll also find a lot of group even get praised by mainstream media, which leads to the idea of certain groups of being good natured when they are actually mad, aggressive or more hateful than some of the well known movements that have been outcasted by society.

Marriage dosent matter, I mean, it's already been mutated beyond belief by the government, now it is just a contract acknowledging two corporation becoming one. Think about it, despite what "equality" they spout, have you ever meet a guy who married and then got the house,kids,car, money and did not have to continue paying because the wife had become accustomed to such an agreement.Let two men marry, it's become a mess anyway so if anyone want to jump in a mud puddle, let 'em. Anyone stupid enough to hand over financial security on one single person is ether crazy, ignorant or stupid anyway.

The whole solder scenario...well, I'm no egghead. I don't really think about this sort of stuff, I just draw pictures and dodge crappy laws when their flung at me like anybody would. But there is a great deal to discuss about the war, at first I supported the war because the marines would have a hard time, but now it seems the reasons are drying up and they are trying to scratch around for new ones, such as the whole women rights stuff and the countries freedom/peace. Although I don't really press my ear on the wall for this kind of stuff. But as a guy who've read a bit on hate groups, I'm going to say this.

IGNORE THEM, yep. Ignore 'em. Their entire tactic of hate movements relies on two things, shock and law. These guy obviously fail at both so they don't pose a threat. When they actually get a law implemented, then start protesting against them. Besides, with a feminized government, one of their main supporters being gays-I'll generalize. I can't pick out every guy that doesn't fall into the spectrum, this is the Internet.,Not a one on one talk show-they won't even get touched by these nutjobs legally. The church has lost most of it's power among the people in western countries like America and England-or whereever else-do, they won't have enough cannon fodder to stand up physically to the gay community-Terrorist, extreme groups-nor do they play to the "I'm special" identity that swept politics being of white background and straight. These guys will start nothing but a shamming circle. Example:

Nutjobs:Gays are not men!

Femmiz: Their more man than a bunch of wimpy, white, bible suckers. You homophobic chauvinists!!

Gay community: Homophobes! Where in the 21st century!

Ok, that's the circle. Now randomize the insults from one another every twenty seconds. Yea, they can't even get past phase one of hate movements. Which is handing out shaming and then committing damage to the category of people that fall into their target range.

Oh...look..they've already been banned from the UK. Well, at least that ONE hate group our government isn't retarded enough to hug. But of course not, that would mean going against feminism and the meme of the special classes that sue being "black,disabled, gay,women" as a case to identify their group.

Bloodice17, move along. There is absolutely nothing new here. I only had to read the letter to the UK and see the standard "Oppressed" and "all of you are "insert insult here"" rant that hate groups/right groups/charities like to use to identify it as a another run of the mill, unsuccessful hate group.

Keep safe, from you're unknown friend, statement.

Please excuse any spelling mistakes, the last few weeks have knocked the crap out of me.

ADDITONAL: Yea, sorry. Got too caught up in the rant and didn't see the detail about them coming to you're home town. Well, you can do three things, alert the police beforehand-I'm there some law you can slap on them to keep them away, I mean. Their already un-populare as hell-ignore them or simply hire security to keep them away. But for the love of god-pun intended-do not argue with them! These people, like all hate group build their entire arguements on emotional reactions, every sane thing you say will be ignore, insulted out of the way or simply greeted with a "I don't understand"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Statement
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 pm

As a Christian myself, that site sickens me. They are obviously very obnoxiously religious, and don't grasp the true meaning of what it means to be a "believer in Jesus Christ", and love as God intended us to.

Yes, God has commended us to "love thy neighbor as thyself", but I personally believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. It's how God intended. But, that does not give someone the right to judge and be hateful, because obviously those people need to be loved, not told they're going to burn in Hell.

I also think that marriage isn't the government's business, but that's just me. Yes, it may be against what God made marriage to be, but the government really has no right in making laws about gay marriage. It is a private choice.
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:06 pm

I personally do not like war, but these people risk their lives to protect us. I mean, come on. Give them some damn love. ^^

Being a part of the military myself now, I cannot agree with this more. In American Military Branches, we have a policy. It's called "Don't ask, Don't tell" meaning that we can be gay, but we cannot tell anyone and we cannot ask if another on their sexuality. Bad things can happen if we do. Gays have just as much right to fight for what American's believe to be justice and Truth. As for gay marriage, why not? We have enough people, and over population is somewhat a problem in some areas. Gay marriage was denied and made taboo a long time ago because of the dwindling numbers in civilization I believe and children were needed. Now if that's correct completely, I am not 100% sure, but I do remember quick clearly that it was shown to me some time ago. My memory is not the best.

And as for Christianity, I am staying far far away from that one. I do not like to express my opinions on such a sensitive matter. It generally upsets some people.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:25 pm

It's Westboro Baptist church. The same people who picket soldier's funerals. It's too bad we can't have them arrested for treason.

Their "hate group" is a grand total of eighty inbred, batshit insane fundamentalists.

As for the issues, I'm apathetic. Let them do what they want. Homosexual couples should have the same legal benefits, even if it isn't " marriage." The tradition of marriage is between a man and a woman. Legal union between two people of the same sex shouldn't be forbidden.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tomabird on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:19 am

Wow. And they call themselves Christians, grouping evryone into little picket fences. I know people who are gay, and they're actually nicer than some other straight, traditional "men" and "women". Honestly. I actually LOL'd when I noticed them using the word religion when they're actually talking about hate and putting people to hell.

tomabird
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!