Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Whaler's Luck OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Whaler's Luck OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:38 pm

I'd post with Kina, but I don't have the ability to double post...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:34 am

I'm sorry, guys! By Friday of this week, my classes are going to be over and I can definitely make a post or two. But right now the only RPs I really have time for are my already established ones. And I don't really have any inspired ideas for a first post here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Maybe we can come up with something in the PM DoD, and put something out there. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Fri May 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Koh, I think that's a great idea! I'm honestly having trouble coming up with something to start. It would help if we could plan out something to happen between our mermaids. I'll write you a PM right now. :)

And in the meantime, I want to have a boy to write about, so I can keep up with the happenings on the ship. Also, I couldn't help but feel that it would be fun to have a real boy amidst all of these charming cross-dressing ladies. :)

Name: Willoughby Jinks—or just Willy
Race: Human
Appearance: A medium-sized lad, still of an adolescent build with big feet and big ears. He has shaggy dark brown hair that’s always in his eyes (which, if they are ever seen, are brown in color).
Position: Deckhand/Cook
Bio: Willoughby was introduced to whaling by his father, a harpooner named Jehu Jinks. But he was always too young to accompany his pappy on any of his voyages. And to his near devestation, he’ll never get the chance after he and his mother received news that Jehu’s ship had been lost at sea—most likely a Kracken attack. Instead of fearing the sea that claimed his father, young Willoughby left his home of New Port and made his way to Nantucket and boarded the Jeroboam. But due to his youth and lack of experience, Willy Jinks has to work his way up, starting as a measly deckhand and unofficial cook for the crew.

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri May 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Huzzah!We have another lad aboard Jeroboam!
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Fri May 01, 2009 9:09 pm

I'll post soon : ) Exams almost over!!!

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Sat May 02, 2009 11:31 am

Oh, and I should probably submit a profile for my merman, since I get the feeling that I'll probably end up using him more than Nuliajuk, his mum.

Name: Elyseon
Race: Merfolk
Appearance: Dark hair, dark blue eyes, and he has a tan. His hair is wavy, and of a fairly short cut—not as long as some of the other mermen. He has fine features, perfect teeth, and impish, expressive eyebrows. He is a fine specimen of the merman physique, with a built torso, lithe blue-green tail and especially long, healthy fins. He wears nothing, save for special bands around his arms that designate his position.
Position: Warrior-Guard in training
Bio: The youngest mer-child of Nuliajuk; he is training to be a palace guard. He is active and strong, but he lacks seriousness, and that troubles the superiors that train him. He is notorious for getting in trouble, but he's considered quite a catch by the young female mermaids (although currently he's still single). He currently lives away from his mother (in the merman guard barracks), but he visits her often.

I may have more to add about him, but I think that would be revealed IC.

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat May 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Looks good and you posted!

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Tue May 05, 2009 12:15 pm

I don't see much interest in this game, but I am enjoying this mermaid fun with Kohananinja, and plan to continue. :) Does anyone else want to have a mermaid or merman? I was inspired by David Delamare's lovely mermaid paintings:

http://www.daviddelamare.com/mermaids.html

However, I think I'll wait to introduce my lad, Willoughby, until something else happens with the whalers on the ship. Or unless I get a flash of inspiration. I honestly don't know a thing about whaling.

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue May 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Grrrrr, where the hell are the rest of my sailors?

Jade?

Aslin?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Wed May 06, 2009 12:16 am

Posted! Sorry for the delay but I'm free to post from henceforth...exams are over : )

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtistGayle on Wed May 06, 2009 12:27 am

Hmm well this is gonna be one of a number of my characters

Name: Seth Davis

Appearance: Seth is 6 ft tall, Medium build with a tone musculature , caramel colored skin, His hair is straight black and hangs to the center of his back. His eyes are a pale blue. He has a scar on his right shoulder where the arm connects with his torso. Wardrobe consists of mainly loose fitting pants that allow him to move around easily and shirt and boots are optional. The main consistent thing about his appearance is a hand woven black bandanna that has etchings Calusa Indian Style Animals woven into the fabric

Position: Third Mate

Bio: Born Elsu of the Calusa Indian Tribe in the southern reaches of Florida, "Seth" was the son of a chief and an aspiring warrior. He had a closeness with the water and the sea that most kids his age didn't have. From the time he awoke in the morning until he came home in the evening he would be at the waters edge fishing and hunting for small animals. On the odd day he wasn't fishing he was making camps and forts in the trees. Sadly however all good thing things have a way of coming to an end, One night as little Elsu was fishing at the waters edge, after sneaking away from his family Cheeki. He heard a deafening scream coming from his tribal camp site, this was fallowed by more, before he knew what was going on the entire swamp was on fire and his family along with it. A rival tribe war party had attacked and destroyed everything he held dear, the fire attracted white settlers, they found him sitting in the ash of his former family Cheeki, and took him into town. Even tho he was 12 years old he remembers very little about that nights events in town he was sent to live in an orphanage and then from there was adopted by the Davis family and given the name Seth. Benjamin Davis, Seth's adoptive father worked in a shipping yard, Seth spent most of his time there, doing odd jobs when he was young but as soon as he was old enough he worked on the large ships with his father. When he turned 18 Seth left his father and mother and hopped aboard his first Merchant Ship, he had never been out on the open ocean on such a vessel and learned a lot during his first crossing. Over the next few years he hoped from ship to ship, trying his trade in everything but piracy. Working on a ship was as natural to Seth as breathing and he could get around the ship just as fast if not faster then any of the other crew. Often a crew would jokingly remark that he was a "Sea Monkey" With how well he would climb over rigging. Seth is a fairly adept sword fighter however after an accident injured his arm he was forced to switch his sword fighting hands, which put a damper on his skills.
Last edited by ArtistGayle on Wed May 06, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArtistGayle
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed May 06, 2009 12:34 am

Thank you Aslin.

And your looking good so far ArtistGayle and you may take the third mate position if you want it.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Sat May 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Wow, Seth sounds like a cool character!

Oh, and Aslin, I assumed that my Willy knew your Trace (and was, in fact, the deckhand that heard her singing, as described in her profile). Hope that's okay--I saw it as a neat opportunity. :)

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Sat May 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Sure, it is a good idea : ) Thanks daughterofdon.

And I'm so inspired by the mer characters you guys have created that I'm going to try and shape one of my one!

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phedre on Sat May 09, 2009 10:57 pm

OOOO, this sounds fun! I hope these are ok...

Name: Fridtjof Nansen
Appearance: Nansen is tall, but not towering, standing at 6 feet. He has well-formed muscles from working on a whaler his whole life. He is very tan with creases forming in his face from being exposed to the elements. Nansen has startling clear blue eyes and blonde hair, although it looks more like dirt from lack of washing. He keeps it tied back in a messy ponytail, bordering dreadlocks, so it doesn't get in his way while he works. He has many tattoos from wherever he's happened to port and scars marring his hands and forearms. He wears loose brown breeches and a beige shirt with a green vest. It may have once been a fine outfit, but now looks worse for the wear, but Nansen doesn't feel the need to impress.
Position: Harpooner
Bio: Nansen hails from Norway. He joined a whaling crew at 16 working as a deckhand and is now a seasoned harpooner. Nansen is kind of a womanizer, and is often seen in port brothels and bars. Nansen can be gruff at times, but has a jovial sense of humor when he's not being serious. Nansen has seen many good men die in this trade and though he doesn't like it to be known, tries to take the young ones under his wing. Nansen puts up a tough front but is a big softy. However, if you piss him off, you'd better hope you have a good headstart.

Name: Joekapen
Race: Merfolk
Appearance: Joekapen has slightly greenish skin, like the rest of her race. She doesn't take great pride in her appearance, and may be a great beauty if she combed her hair once in a while. Her hair is blue-black and contains any manner of sea residue--seaweed, coral, fish, sand, shells, etc. She has very large expressive eyes. Her eyes take up much of her face and other than her hair, are her most captivating feature. They are a stormy grey color, that change with the weather. More blue during nice weather, almost black during storms, a clear grey during foggy weather, more of a green shade on sunny days. She has a sharp nose and heart-shaped face. She wears a beautiful pearl necklace she found on the sea floor.
Position: Teacher of mer-history
Bio: Joekapen grew up in her community in a rather normal family. Father, two mothers, two sisters and twin brothers. She had a passion for mer-history and human interaction. She also enjoys philosophy and theology and is easily sidetracked when she gets into a debate. She moved away from her family, though never married, and began to teach informally. Mainly she would have discussion groups at her house. She still hosts debate parties and history lessons sporadically at her home. She loves collecting artifacts and has a wide collection of mer- and human pieces ranging from glass bottles and jewelry, to pen nubs and carved shells her mother used to make.
All knowledge is worth having.

Phedre
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat May 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Approved! Sorry I didn't get back to you right away.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Sat May 09, 2009 11:46 pm

Oh, how awesome!!! More mermaids! :D

I already love Joekapen, Phedre. She sounds intriguing! And where did you get her name?

When you want to introduce her, it's alright with me if we assume that she is already familiar with my merpeople. Or at least that she knows their names.

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phedre on Sun May 10, 2009 2:07 am

Hehe, I honestly couldn't resist the mermaid idea. :)

I made up her name! I wanted it to start with a J and have a K in the middle, so there you go. Hehe.

And thank you for permission to have her know them, DoD.

Phedre
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun May 10, 2009 11:19 am

I'm thinking I should have made a separate game for mermaids. LOL

Anyways, I shall post when I get back from work this evening and hopefully by then Jade will have posted.

Oh and I've updated the list for shipboard positions.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!