Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What's so cool about you?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: What's so cool about you?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gautama on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:26 pm

The discordian says "40% yes, 40% no, 40% maybe"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gautama
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:45 pm

36 on the ACT, first try.

Beyond mental abilities, both of my thumbs are double jointed to a remarkable extent, I can twist my left foot around so that it faces backwards and then walk like that, and I can move the tendons in my hand around beneath my skin. All excellent tricks for grossing people out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Mutated Mushroom on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:50 pm

I can sing my alphabet backwards.
Yup. :/

Mr Mutated Mushroom
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExiledfromJudgement on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:56 am

I was born a month premature. I began to lose weight before I was born. The doctors said it was becuase my blood was too thick (I started suffocating and turning blue from the lack of oxygen). So after I was born I got a plasma transfusion. Then I was isolated for however long and no one was allowed to hold me or comfort me. The doctors said that I was probably going to have some form of mental retardation from the suffocation. To this day my IQ is 130 and I am a junior in college going into genetics. I do have a little bit ADD, but I don't mind it most of the time. One other mental thing is that I have a really crappy memory sometimes (short term is better some days, other days long term is better). My mom is the same way and we joke, for now, about having Alzheimer's. I wonder if something to help me concentrate would help my memory. When I was young the doctors also said that I would have hearing loss from having surgery to put tubes in my ears so much because I kept getting ear infections. Last year I got a hearing test done and my hearing was perfect...doctors should put down their crystal balls.

I am a second degree black belt in Tang Soo Do. (The black belt ranks go up to 4 and I have not had the time or money to train so I missed the 3rd degree test) I play bass guitar. I know SEE sign language. On that note I am 20 and I think I have low-grade arthiritis forming already. (My hands get stiff and sore at times. From both use and disuse, and probably also from poor circulation due to thicker blood.) Another physical quirk is that I am incapable of opening my right eye by itself. My left hand has hitchhikers thumb but my right hand doesn't. I was naturally ambidexterious but my elementary teacher made me pick my right hand because it bothered her that I changed hands to match which side my notebook was on. (Left page, left hand; right page, right hand) My elementary principal scolded my imagination because I was drawing in class. (I remembered a good bit of our talk because she was fired not long after. Serves her right.)

And one other thing about me. At the moment I need sleep. Good night.
"I like a man who grins when he fights.” -Churchill

ExiledfromJudgement
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inerio on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:11 pm

I'm several nationalities:
Dominican, Italian, Spainish, Polish, French, German, British, Irish, African, Arowak(native american), Middle Eastern(we aren't sure exactly where), and a tiny bit Chinese. Though, I'm predominantly Dominican, Italian, and Polish.

While I don't think it's cool though so many people say "insane" or "crazy" is cool, I am. I have PTSD which is short for Post Traumatic Stress disorder. According to my friends that puts me in the same slot as Rambo, which is apparently awesome. -__- I'll take it as a compliment though.

Apparently as a child I showed signs of being a genius, and while I'm now a lazy ADD teen I apparently still do despite the fact that my grades have gone to the dogs. Apparently I also show a more "mature thought process" and "am extremely self aware and aware of others". To hell with empathy though, I'd rather be selfish.

I almost drown in Central Park Lake when I was about three or four. It took a park employee and my father to fish me out. Incidentally that day I almost got assaulted/kidnapped in the women's restroom, but that's what I was told because I don't remember that part. O.o

I can sew, and have made my own outfits and make voodoo doll like stuffed animals for my friends if they ask.

I also seem to come out of terrible situations unscathed.
"I trust that your minds are developed enough to take no offense at these things. If not, well, I'm better than you, aren't I?"-Jhonen Vasquez

Inerio
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:15 pm

Well, I have a combination of High Functioning Autism or HFA and ADHD. Apparently I started talking at around a year and three quarters later than is considered normal but afterward my progression seemed to make up for the lost time and it sped up. I began to memorize the bedtime stories that were told to me. I have had several comments about my literacy level and mathematical level being at least a couple of grades higher than most of the people in my grade. Also I've started to pick out the literary devices in video game and television stories where I never knew they existed. I was also born with a physical disability which means my physical development muscularly at least is probably 3 grades behind everybody at my level. so my handwriting and my gym grades suck. I have hypersensitivity which means if something hurts it hurts a lot. That's about it. Also apparently I'm a distant descendant of the man who discovered Titanium.

Conumbra
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!