Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What kind of RP do YOU want?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

What kind of RP do YOU want?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:30 pm

So my first role play has gone off with enough success and now I want to make another one. The only thing is, I have a lot of good forum-plot ideas, and I think they all could be successful, but I only want to make one and I want to make sure it can be successful before I make it, so! Here are some options that I have, please "vote" about which one you would rather see, or vote for multiple ones, just give me some feedback about which you'd rather/would join. Even if you want to vote for all of them.

Harry Potter
Actually I have an... interesting idea about this one that works awesome for one on one and when I put it on another forum, it was loved highly. I started the plot as kind of a sociological experiment and in the past it's been very successful. It takes place during Harry's sixth year at Hogwarts, and the war between the ministry and Voldemort takes an interesting twist when Draco, for battle purposes, is instructed to kill Ginny Weasley before the school year begins. Voldemort intends for this to be a test of his willpower to murder. Long story short, Draco attempts to and fails, and has something of a nervous breakdown in front of her. Ginny finds out he has become a Death Eater, but does not tell the others because she does not believe he has the heart to amount to any greatness... And, also because she's starting to feel an attraction towards him. Draco is appalled at her forgiveness towards him, but does nothing about it except run away, cursing her. (Hang in there, lol, it's not what it sounds like.) The two continue to have a rocky relationship during school, being unnecessarily mean and rude to each other beyond what normally occurs, going out of their way to torment each other. This does not escape the attention of the other students nor the teachers. Neither of them act upon their feelings, because of all the trouble it may cause.
Their actions toward each other cause a ripple effect through the school. (Sociological phenomenon- how an individual affects a group). People want to know what is going on between them, because none of the other Weasleys have been this openly hateful. Even Ginny's friends are beginning to get worried. Draco is also being confronted, though by more than just his family.

Look at it like an alternate universe for Hogwarts. Draco and Ginny have feelings for each other, so it would not be unnatural for Harry and Hermione, or Ron and Luna to start developing affections. Or, maybe Harry gets heartbroken and hooks up with Pansy and claims to want to join Lord Voldemort , but really just aims to use Pansy to get closer to him so he may kill him and end the war. Anything can happen. The role play plot (Draco x Ginny) is more like a solid ground than the plot itself. That has happened and is happening, but their newly found offensive measures have opened the students to other methods to trick their enemy and get what they want out of the war. NO ROMANCE- it is to be implied, not executed. Please obey forum rules.

Lord of the Rings
Alright, so this one takes place more in the world of J.R Tolkien than the series. It is after Aragorn's reign as king, when the Age of Man is dominant, the age of Dwarfs is ancient and the age of Elves is falling. (That's a briefing on the variety of races that should be present. More men than elves, more elves than dwarfs). Wraiths have made a bold move, invading Rivendel and chasing out the few remaining elves. But the new king of Gondor, Aragorn's son, is concerned for the safety of his mother's home town and is hiring a band of adventurers to restore Rivendel.

That is the gist of it. You don't need to be a LotR nerd to rp this, even if you've just seen the movies it will be fine. The RP takes place when the king makes his announcement for want of adventurers and as people sign up he interviews them in his court, and houses them and provides for them until there is a solid group together. Any late joiners will be met on the road on the way to Rivendel. On the way to Rivendel, they may meet some orcs, straggling wraiths, random bandits, or anything. But also, character relationships and interactions are necessary to keep the RP interesting.

Medieval Fantasy
For some reason unknown to me, I have been really really craving a Medieval-Fantasy role play lately. The plot idea I have is incredibly intricate, but I would be willing to write it down if it had some interest. But, basically (very very basically) there was a massive cataclysm that broke a continent in half, and supposedly killed the Gods. When the Gods died, each of them left a relic on Timoras (the planet.) and when one is found, that founder absorbed the godlike powers once held by the God who died and left that relic, but never ascended to the Heavens. Some of them become infatuated with power, some of them rule justly. Some want to collect as many of the relics they can so they may become an ultimate god. Some may earn the relic just to realize they truly do not want it, but cannot get rid of it. Once a person has a relic, the only way to be rid of it is to die.

Because this plot idea deals with Godlike characters, I only want you in it if you can be FAIR, and it will require a lot of OOC attention and planning to determine the outcomes of battles to advance the plot and whatnot.

So, there they are, what do you think? =)
"Lips that Shakespeare taught to speak have whispered their secret in my ear." -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: What kind of RP do YOU want?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edynol on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Hmmm. I'd be willing to do an LotR one with ya. Can I be a hobbit?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Edynol
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Sure you can! Thanks for posting. =]

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edynol on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:03 pm

No prob. I was thinking about being a Gamgee. Like a son of Samwise or something.

Edynol
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Yes, being children of older characters is fine.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edynol on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Cool thanks! Should I post my character here or are you going to make another OOC thread?

Edynol
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:19 pm

I want to wait and get more people to post their opinions before I make my decision.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ellimist6 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:28 pm

I think i'll go with the LotR one since i've done a godmode one and since I am kind of a big Harry Potter fan (I liked Harry's and Genny's relationship better) so im a bit biased against that one. So i's be fighting orcs mwahahahahahahaha *cough cough* over did it a bit there.
Sleep brings no strength to me,
No power renewed to brave;
I only sail a wilder sea,
A darker wave.from "The Horrors Of Sleep" by Emily Bronte

Ellimist6
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:47 pm

LotR it is (I am a VERY impatient woman XD) board closed, if any stragglers are interested in one of my other plots just PM me or something.
I will begin working on the LotR role play when... When I can. I might get distracted this evening, I have not decided yet.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:44 am

Right. So I made the RP, took my time and made sure it was all perfect and everything and then *poof* it's gone. Have no idea what happened, but I'm kinda pissed about it.
I'll remake it this afternoon and post the link up for it after I do hw/reply to already existing RPs.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awesomeocalypse on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 pm

I, too, am digging the LoTR RP. Definitely an original idea to an already good story. Would we just be basing our characters off of Tolkien characters (IE, all elves are pretty much like high elves and all dwarves are miners) or would we be able to mix it up a bit. Make a dwarf who has created gunpowder and rifles or a wood elf?
Roleplayer.
Writer.
Dude.

Awesomeocalypse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:13 pm

I prefer to keep it in the classical atmosphere: roleplay/battle-for-rivendell/

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!