Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Oh no, what in the name of all that's holy is that thing?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Oh no, what in the name of all that's holy is that thing?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:43 am

...don't panic, it's just a VitaminHeart.

Hello folks, I'm Vit and I just came across the lovely site and decided to give it a try, I'm a big fan of RPing, so this whole site seemed like a dream come true to me. I've RPed on neopets quite frequently when I was younger and got a reasonable name for myself as a plot maker, but I've been looking for other, less incredibly restrictive places to RP. I tried proboards forums, but they quickly died. I tried Verpets, but it was too deserted and slow. I tried Gaia and....well I tried Gaia.

Now I have very high hopes for this place. The structure is brilliant, the design makes setting up really easy, and the rules seem to keep order without being pointless or arbitrary.

I look forward to having lots of RPing fun here.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Oh no, what in the name of all that's holy is that thing?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:45 am

Woo! Hey Vitamin! Sato (ViceVersus) here giving you a bii-iig welcome!

Yeah, this is the place to be if you have a RP fix you gotta get. xD To be honest, there are a few people here on the site who started on Neopets; maybe you'll run into one or two of them as you settle in.

As for Gaia, that's the general attitude people have towards it. Never been there, to be honest. I might just poke around to see if it's as bad as everyone says ..

.. or not. Maybe I'll just stick to welcoming you! Haha.

So yeah! I'm a Designer as well as a Global Moderator around this place, and I've been here a few years so if you have any questions about how something works, or what buttons do .. just poke me on the shoulder, and I'll be around.

Cheers, and hope to see you sometime soon!

VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:02 am

Hey there, Vitamin! I'm Rigel Lake, one of the Global Moderators here. Pleased to make your acquaintance!

I hail from Gaia myself... really. I'm glad I started there instead of Neopets, but Neopets might've ruined my taste for RP forever, or so I've heard. Gaia... okay, I learnt how to write purple prose. I learnt how to use proper punctuation from there. But it didn't help me become a better writer.
RPG was really the water and soil that helped my writing bloom into its 'maturity' (note the ' ' marks -- you never stop growing as a writer! I only say that because I'm considered a 'good' roleplayer). And if you look through my old, really old posts, you can tell I had come from Gaia. I was awful compared to where I am now, and I still look back on those old posts and cringe. No doubt, you're better than I was in those days, but the point I'm trying to make is that this is really a place where you grow and develop as a writer.

I guess this is starting to sound like an advertisement to a site you've already joined. xD Well, look around the site! You already know how to navigate, I'm sure, and I suggest that you check out the RPA (Role Play Academy) forum and the Library, in particular. There are many, many guides that anyone can benefit from a read-through. They all involve some form of writing or roleplaying in some way, and while some may be irrelevant to your specific style of RP, check out the LIbrary anyway! There's bound to be one that'll be useful.

I guess I'm rambling a bit. This is starting to look like one of my RP posts. Lol.
So, hope to see you around, maybe in forums, maybe in chat!

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. :D

I still have a soft spot for neopets in a strange sort of way, even though neopets certainly doesn't return the affection and seem grittily determined to make it as hard to RP on it as possible, between strict character limits, code that's started eating quotation marks, and the tendency to wield the banhammer for unintelligable reasons like having a character sitting on a bed.

It's good for a quick RP, but for a while I've been looking for something a bit more in-depth. Tried a few offsite forums, been an admin on a few of them, but they never really had a big enough base of users to get very far, so most of the time it's just been a long term one on one with a friend of mine, who'll probably be telling about this site whenever she's online.

As for Gaia, I was a little bit terrified of it as nearly every board I clicked on seemed to involve the characters practically flinging themselves at each other for romance purposes, like they'd been tied together with elastic. It was very active but....rather scary.

All in all it's great to hear that this site is good for developing as a writer, you can never have too much of that. I look forward to getting stuck in.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Welcome to the Gateway, VitaminHeart. Have a fishy stick! Image I am Village Alchemist, formerly-official forum greeter. If you have any problems, feel free to ask.

In the mean-time, be sure to check out the rules and the user manual.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Welcome Vit !

First of all, let me introduce myself: I am Frozen Soul, a Mentor and part of the website's staff (wait, there's more !), and I am here to be your personal guide around this great community ! (though I may request half of that fishy stick in exchange). It is my pleasure to inform you that you have stumbled across the most awesome place in which you could be for roleplaying ! RPG hosts a thriving amount of Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Modern/Realistic roleplays, and is filled with - awesome - writers which are prepared to meet you with tales and creativity which you have not seen before !

Furthermore, let me repeat myself once more: If you have any questions, general inquiries, wonderments, contemplations, ponderings or the likes in regards to how anything on this website works, please do not hesitate to contact me ! I am here to be at your service !

Regards,
Frozen

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!