Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What do you think about Cousin Couples?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

What do you think about Cousin Couples?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:08 pm

What do you think about Cousin couples or cousins who are in love with each other? Do you think it still counts as incest if its first degree cousins or not?
I have a friend who loves his cousin. His cousin wants to marry him and have kids with him. Yes, it is legal in Germany. I believe it is alright. I like my fourth degree cousin and she likes me but that is a whole other story.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: What do you think about Cousin Couples?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:42 pm

I personally Find it alittle weird, but I would not stand in the way of love. being Gay, is looked down just as bad as incest. Though before we get alot of Christians (Though I'm not bad mouthing them.) Though incest is looked down upon in the bible there were several cases of it. Personally I still see it as incest yes, but I do not have qualms with it, for what right do I have to stand in the way of someone's love life.

I find that no one has the right to judge other's, personally because I've been judged so much for my orientation. So i feel that every should be looked upon in an equal light, even if their ways aren't normal to yourself, but i'm rambling. XD

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:43 am

You know you can legally marry a first degree cousin in most parts of the world. Only places where it is illegal are China and some US States (Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Utah, Nevada, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania). To me incest is only love between siblings and thats illegal for a reason (high birthrate of crippled/handicapped children). So you are gay? Which gay? Are you a boy or a girl :D?

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:04 am

boy lol XD

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:17 am

Well I am a bisexual boy. :D

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:20 am

Whilst it might not be illegal, cousins are too close together in genetic templates for me to be comfortable with it. The chances of any hereditary diseases being passed on to your offspring are far higher when you're related.

Plus, the idea of sex with a family member makes me shudder. So for me, no thank you.
You know the goal. You know the path. The only thing that can stop you now is complacency. Go take what's yours.

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chicoguardian on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:05 pm

well I think its not so bad I guess. Technically if its your cousin the genetics wouldn't interfere so much. thats the way I look at it. Its when you get into your own family and you screw up the genes of your own family that it becomes a problem.

chicoguardian
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:33 pm

Chicoguardian, dude, please look into what you're talking about before you debate with someone else. Also, if cousins arent part of your own family, what are they?
A BBC report discussed Pakistanis in Britain, 55% of whom marry a first cousin. Given the high rate of such marriages, many children come from repeat generations of first-cousin marriages. The report states that these children are 13 times more likely than the general population to produce children with genetic disorders, and one in ten children of first-cousin marriages in Birmingham either dies in infancy or develops a serious disability. The BBC also states that Pakistani-Britons, who account for some 3% of all births in the UK, produce "just under a third" of all British children with genetic illnesses.

Long-term studies conducted on the Dalmatian islands in the Adriatic Sea have indicated a positive association between inbreeding and a very wide range of common adulthood disorders, including hypertension, coronary heart disease, stroke, cancer, uni/bipolar depression, asthma, gout, peptic ulcer, and osteoporosis.

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chicoguardian on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:38 pm

o_O I had no idea. ugh, I should study up on this stuff more. I would've thought that with them not being so close that it wouldn't result in as many disorders. im actually kinda suprised. my bad.

chicoguardian
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:12 pm

I would consider it incest. It also comes off to me as rather strange since I've never even remotely considered any member of my family, close or distant, as being a romantic candidate. Still, that's just me. It doesn't really bother me that there might be a romance between cousins so long as they both consent to it. It's really none of my business. I just don't know if I could encourage children from those relationships. It's asking for trouble, and if I were in that situation, I wouldn't want to put a potential child at that kind of risk.

West Virginia also forbids first cousin marriages. Yep. The anti-incest laws are quite strict. Not to mention, scientific study has found that WV has no more incest than anywhere else. Don't you love widespread ignorance? :B Half of the states forbid it, actually. Here is a list.
RPs:
Spring Rain and Havoc | Witch's Diary | Winter Rose

Need RP advice? Feel free to PM me.

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nautsabes on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:31 pm

It's incest and I don't agree with it in the genetic sense... You know, birth disorders and all that, but love is love and I'm in no position to judge another so eh, live and let live and all of that.

Nautsabes
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:19 pm

It is true that it heightens the risk of children having a higher chance of getting family illnesses like asthma or high cholesterol but about disorder isnt all too true. It only happens if your family has been marrying first cousins for generations like Pakistanis, Indians and the Japanese do. But in my family and culture it is something that only happens every couple generations. I dont consider marrying your first cousin as incest. But doing it continually could be incest.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaytayy Emm on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:19 pm

((I'm late to replying, I know. XP))

I wouldn't have a relationship with my first cousin, or any of my family for that matter, but, each to their own. (No matter how weird it may seem). There was actually a story like this on the Tyra Show about two first cousins that got married. They went to their doctor before trying to have kids, and he said that no, it does not cause as many birth defects as you may think. Maybe the family illnesses, like Aniihya said, but their doctor said it was safe enough.

BUT, whether it's right or not, that's up to you.

Kaytayy Emm
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:27 pm

I had to sleep with my Moroccan 2nd cousin. She is as old as me (19 years) and she kept on crawling on to me asking if we should do it. I said no because she just does stuff that creeps me out. But if anybody needs a cute 19 year old girlfriend, my cousin is single.^^

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 pm

I dunno... I think it's kind of creepy.

Incest is incest. Your cousin is not directly related? Well neither is your uncle, but if he touches you it's still incest/molestation.

However to be fair... this is a NEW view. I mean in the early 1900s people were marrying their sisters/brothers and it was considered normal. Some people still do it, in other countries however for me, i'm just not with it. If you do it, fine, your personal choice. I just couldn't.

Also, is it not possible for your children to have birth defects?
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ROFLMAO FTW on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:11 am

In the end we're all cousin, but far away down the line. Now as long as your blood line is far away enough for the kid to not end up being...what most would call uncommon.
It is proven that 90% of teens would have a mental breakdown if Miley Cyrus where to stand on the edge of a 6 story building. Post this in your sig if your are the 10% yelling "JUMP B!TCH!!"

ROFLMAO FTW
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:39 pm

How do I feel about incest? Its pretty messed up. No civilized country should allow it. I mean, just look at the South.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:25 pm

It greatly increases the chance of birth defects, so I'd say that's not okay. And even if they don't have kids, it still sounds disturbing to have sex with a family member.

@Gabriel- You shouldn't stereotype the entire section of the nation as incestuous rednecks.
<3

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:42 pm

I think it's wrong, because of the aeformentioned tendency to produce defective offspring. Of course, there is such a thing as platonic love.
Aniihya wrote:You know you can legally marry a first degree cousin in most parts of the world. Only places where it is illegal are China and some US States (Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Utah, Nevada, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania). To me incest is only love between siblings and thats illegal for a reason (high birthrate of crippled/handicapped children). So you are gay? Which gay? Are you a boy or a girl :D?

As an Alabamian, I felt the need to pop in. The highlighted bit of your quote is incorrect. There is a law against incest here in Alabama, but it has a very narrow definition of what incest is, and allows for sex between first-degree cousins.
Section 12A 13-13-3 wrote:A person commits incest if he marries or engages in sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, either legitimately or illegitimately:

(1) His ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption; or

(2) His brother or sister of the whole or half-blood or by adoption; or

(3) His stepchild or stepparent, while the marriage creating the relationship exists; or

(4) His aunt, uncle, nephew or niece of the whole or half-blood.

Alabama has a lot of wierd laws. Here, you can marry your cousin with no repercussions, but you can't marry a person who was adopted into your family because apparently that counts as incest. <.<

Unfortunately, this has led to a negative sterotype in the rest of the US that Alabamians are all inbred (which I assure you just isn't true! Well, okay, some of us are. But not me. I checked Ancestry.com.)

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Queen of Ice wrote:It greatly increases the chance of birth defects, so I'd say that's not okay. And even if they don't have kids, it still sounds disturbing to have sex with a family member.

@Gabriel- You shouldn't stereotype the entire section of the nation as incestuous rednecks.

I have plenty of family in the South, I was just kidding, as its a common stereotype.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!