Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What do you want to happen after you die?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

What do you want to happen after you die?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sara Whitley on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:59 pm

I never make threads here but I will give it a try. It isn't a debate really, more of a philosophical discussion. Dealing With It brought up an interesting concept in another thread:

What do you want to happen when you die? (Is your idea of a perfect "afterlife" heaven? Will you see lost family members? Elaborate!)

This question, as Dealing With It put it in the other thread, should be approached "completely divorced" from what you think will happen when you die. So despite what you believe will happen to "you", your "consciousness," or your "soul," what would you choose, if you had a choice? If you had to construct an afterlife for yourself, what would it look like? Why?
Creator of the Fantasy Sandbox roleplay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sara Whitley
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Re: What do you want to happen after you die?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:45 pm

I'd like to experience an Afterlife like in that one movie.

Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse, Betelguise!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:39 pm

dealing with it wrote:I'd like to experience an Afterlife like in that one movie.

Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse, Betelguise!

Damn you; that was going to be my joke!

I'd love to be reincarnated as a baby for a new family. There would be unfortunate caveats, like having to wait for my vocal chords to work and my muscles/skeleton to develop to the point that I could walk and really enjoy life, but I'd love a do-over with all the information and skills I developed over my life. I'd be a child prodigy, I guess, except after about the age of 22 I would have nothing new and people would probably be pretty disappointed that I didn't become a master composer or anything... shrug.

Can you imagine, though? You have your new parents standing around you, encouraging you to say your first words, and you get to choose exactly how you live your life from day one?

"Go to Hell, mom!" Put on your top-hat and skip your way into instant fame?

Obviously people would try to take advantage of the wonder baby, but I'm no fool. I'd be all prepared with an understanding of my rights as an American to my own identity (yes, I would only want it if I got to be American again, or maybe British/Anglo-Canadian) and when someone tried to turn a big profit on me, I'd be like "Na-uh, law THIS and law THAT says all this money is mine" and I'd be an instant Internet idol for telling The Man to buzz off.

I would be frustrated trying to use computers until ~age 5, probably, with my stubby/fat arms and hands.

Oh, and I would start working out/eating healthy as a kid, instead of struggling with being a chubby teenager.

I'd also want the reincarnation to happen ~20 years or so after I die, so I can exact revenge on my murderer's family, and hopefully so all of my original family would dead. Not because I don't like them or anything! Just don't want to deal with "Nono really I was your son!" being weird.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Either become an employee of purgatory or otherwise I don't want my consciousness to die.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delbarton on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:08 am

What do I want to happen when I die?

As long as I'm not walking through the gates of hell, and into an eternity of hellfire and torment then I'll be okay with that. Maybe spend the afterlife on a long, and endless beach with an endless supply of frozen cocktails, and a beach party that never ends.

Delbarton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Ah-ha! Time for my weird daydreaming about what will happen after I die to pay off! :D

In all seriousness, though, I have multiple ideas as to what I would love for my afterlife to be. Considering that Plagiarism basically summed up one of my favorite scenarios for me (great minds think alike, I suppose?), I'll just go ahead and move onto one that I haven't seen mentioned yet on this board.

I want to go to heaven, and become the god of my own mini-verse.

Think of it as the lovechild of Minecraft and The Sims. I would be able to create my little earth and all the different landscapes I could dream of. Jungles filled with imaginary creatures and plantlife, tundras, entire oceans- I can make all of it at the tip of my finger. Then, once everything is nice and set, I'll create my own mini-humans.

As soon as these Echo-humans are made, I will make sure to introduce myself the first thing, and then tell them not to kill each other, that everyone can do whatever they want as long as they don't blow up the world or be generally horrible, so on, so forth. I'll make sure to repeatedly speak to my little subjects, and will request to them that I am called their God Queen. I would also like worship and praise in my name- partly because I want my ego to be inflated, and partly just to see how many will doubt that I exist after.
Once everything is over and done with, it depends on how I feel. I might go among the Echo-humans and live as an immortal being, exploring my world as the Echo-humans grow and develop as a species. I might also invite the souls of friends and family to explore my world as well, just to enjoy it and relax and stuff. To be honest, as a living god among men, I would probably just freak people out with my reality bending and being an immortal being, then retire to my god house and play video games or something.

It'd be great.
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!