Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

When Lightning Strikes [IC]

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

When Lightning Strikes [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pretty Vacant on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:36 pm

When Lightning Stikes (IC)
When Lighting Strikes (OOC)

~

This roleplay's idea is basically taken from the book by Meg Cabot, "When Lightning Strikes". Just the idea though, it wouldn't be the same plot or characters.

Plot:

The story takes place in your typical small suburban town. Nothing interesting really happens, everyone knows eachother, and the weather is gloomy.

A storm is expected, with heavy rains, lighting and thunder. People are advised to stay indoors, to be careful, and take precautions to avoid lightning strikes. A light drizzle begins, and people start to head inside; not wanting to be out in the rain with a storm coming up. Sure enough, the rain picks up, and lighting and thunder roll in. By this time, most people in the small town are in their houses.

However, a few separate teens are caught in the rain, for whatever reason. As they try to get out of the rain (or not, whatever) these teens are struck by lightning. They aren't seriously hurt; a strange tingling feeling passes through them, and they find they have a star-shaped marking on their chest. Other than that, they're mostly shocked that they've been struck by lightning.

The next morning, the teens wake up for school, still perfectly healthy. But something has changed, even though the teens might not know it. The teens now each have a power, a strange ability they never had before. Now what will the teens do with these newfound abilities? Who will they tell? What will they use them for?

~

I know you get the same rules in every roleplay, but lets go over them again.

Rules:

- Be literate.
- Write a decent amount
- Don't create Mary Sues/Gary Stues
- Don't godmod/powerplay
- Swearing is only forbidden if you do it every other word
- Don't be an asshole OOC

~

Charlotte groaned as she pushed open the glass doors that led out of the mall. The weather forecast had foretold rain, but she hadn't actually thought they would be right. They never were. Well, with today being an exception. She sighed, moving to the side and leaning against the brick wall. There was still protection overhead, right outside the entrance of the mall. Charlotte frowned into the rain. She wasn't even wet yet, and the humidity was already making her stupid hair frizz.

Maybe she could call home and ask for a ride. Even though she had gone shopping for her mother's birthday present, Charlotte had said she was just going to the mall for some clothes. She had bought her mother some expensive scented soaps, for lack of any better ideas. She had also bought herself a new outfit or two, and hid the soaps in their boxes at the bottom of those bags.

She pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and opened up her phone book, looking for her home's phone number. Her phone was a flip phone, but she liked it. It wasn't the newest model, but it was fine for her. Charlotte put the phone to her ear listening to the ringing on the other end, hoping someone would pick up. After it rang about ten times, she gave up, closing the phone and returning it to her pocket.

It looked like she was going to have to suck it up and walk home, in the pouring rain. With a sigh, Charlotte stepped forward. Just as she was about to leave the safe, dryness of the mall, a flash of lightning lit up the sky. It definitely wasn't safe to walk in this weather. But not having any other options, she ran out into the rain, sprinting down the darkened, yet still familiar streets. A block away from the mall, and she was already soaked to the bone.
Last edited by Pretty Vacant on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree?
Sexual Harassment Panda!
Who explains sexual harassment to you and me?
Sexual Harassment Panda!
Don't say that, don't touch there! Don't be nasty says the silly bear.
He's come to tell you what's right and wrong,
Sexual Harassment Panda!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pretty Vacant
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: When Lighting Strikes [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakelovesyuna on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:01 pm

Jake was out in the streets as the rain became heavier...He always ignored what the weather said, as he believed half the time they were wrong...Sure they would get a bit of heavy rain and a bit of lighting, but a storm was out of proportion, he thought the whole town was panicking over something that was relativity minor.

He walked down the deserted streets,walking on the roads not the pavements as there was no cars going down the road and to be honest, he thought no cars would be coming down here for a while.The rain had already soaked through his clothes and was now trenching and quenching the thirst of his dehydrated skin cells below his black shirt.

He continued to walk around almost in pride that he could be the only living soul in the whole down, not cowering before someone's prediction...he thought how amazing it was that weathermen had such dominant control of peoples lives as he turned down the street and was now walking just outside the mall, where he saw numerous people in the huge glass windows, relentlessly huddling up and trying to board the windows.
I asked my friend what he thought of my drawing, at this is what he said:Jake your drawings make Rukia's look like masterpieces

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jakelovesyuna
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Re: When Lightning Strikes [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Alex stood in the rain letting it wash over him and soak into his clothes.With a smile he looked out at the small portion of the town his limited view on the porch gave him he couldn't help but feel alone and desolate in the rain.With a deft step he walked out into the street and walked down the middle his eyes trained on the yellow line as he walked letting the thunder and lightning act as a backdrop to his thoughts.He reared his head and let the water wash onto his face.

Walking down the yellow line he broke into a sprint letting the wind rush against his years.He let out a shout of ecstasy which caused more than a few people to look out of their windows.Slowing down he peeled the plastered black shirt off of his skin and squeezed it until it was moist instead of wet.Putting it back on he walked slowly through the town.
Last edited by Emptor on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
y'know, I like rabbits and all. They're cute and they're horny. And if you're cute and you're horny, then you're probably happy, in that you don't know who you are and why you're even alive. And you just wanna' have sex, as many times as possible, before you die... I mean, I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit! Y'know, who... who never even feared death to begin with.-Donnie Darko
CTHULU FOR PRESIDENT:WHY CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL?

Emptor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Jen pulled up her hood, and grabbed her bag and ran off the field. Lacrosse pracice had slightly over lapped with the storm, her phone, of course was dead. 'Just my luck' she smirked to her self, carrying her lacrosse stick, her practice bag, and her school bag. Her foot ball cleats gouging up wet earth as the sophmore ran to her home.

"Hey knoggles" jess called to her team mate jen running down the field "ya need a ride?" she called from the side window of her mom's SUV. The golie knew she had to leave fast, the storm might come down hard soon any time soon, and she didn't want to be caught in the lightining. but this was her team mate, she had to at least offer

Knoggles, Kite, Rom, Jen. Turned back to her friend, she flashed her goofy care free grin. "Na, i'm good" she called back over the sound of rain. "I'll see ya tomarrow" she called and turned around and started running back twards her home. She had to get moving, 'wait, i'm carrying a metal stick, wow nice job knoggles" she thought to her self and kept running onward. 'What will i think of next' the lacrosse player thought to herself as her team mate drove off, with her mom at the wheel. through the wet and dark rain.
Anywhere is walking distance, if you’ve got the time.

“A friend is one who walks in when others walk out.” [Walter Winchell]

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” [Leo Buscaglia]

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby castersage on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Promise just left home, he had on a regular gray t- shirt, jogging shorts and track shoes, with a bottle of water in his hand. His mom tried to tell him something about a storm, but he didnt care he had to get his daily exercise. He stretched and begun to run down the sidewalk and down a long road. He then started to fill rain fall on him, he breathed in deeply taking in the smell of the rain falling on the concrete, he thought it smelled nice, the rain wet his shirt making it almost see through, exposing his fit body. It slicked his hair down, he could barley see but it was still nice to feel the rain and the breeze mix. Then the breeze turned into a gust, he heard lighting crack, and thunder boom nearby. He stopped, not to breathe, but worried. He looked back, then begun to walk back,"Looks like no more exercise for me."

castersage
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Alex stopped for a minute,as he tried to recall why he ran.Not being able to think of a reason he resumed his slow jog not caring that he was getting soaked.He heard a thunderous crack in the background and chuckled smiling faintly.Suddenly he felt something painful strike him all over.He tried to let out a scream but his voice was stuck in his throat,and he felt like his body was being ripped apart from the inside oh,crap am i getting shorter! Alex thought before realizing he had dropped to his knees.Slowly the pain left him until it became a tingle,but behind that tingle Alex was still hurt he let out a whimper before picking himself and slowly limping back home.Halfway home he spied promise and he spotted promise.He walked past him and headed home giving him only a nod of the head.

Emptor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoxyRoxy on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:28 am

Angel looked at her watch, it was already 5 and her mom hadn't come to pick her up from cheer leading practice, even though she called an hour ago and said it was canceled. "Man I wish I had a car," she grumbled underneath her breath. She had a student council meeting right before practice, so she couldn't leave school then. The cheer leading coach said she would have practice inside, but decided that it was probably safer to send everyone home.

However no one offered her a ride home, probably because she lived on the bad side of town.

It was like them to look at her as a charity case, even though she put her heart in soul into the school. She couldn't help how she lived, her mom couldn't afford anything else. "Hey Angel," she heard a voice behind her, she turned to see Christian...the school's resident bad boy. "Your little friends leave you behind," he smirked at her. Of course he wasn't the worst boy at school, he was just the one that always seemed to annoy the hell out of her. "My mom should be here in any minute," she lied looking at him ignoring his smirk. Her mom probably couldn't get off of work to come and pick her up. "I could give you a ride," he said. "Christian do you know it is raining like crazy outside," she commented, knowing full well that his vehicle was actually a motorcycle. "Yeah, but I don't care, and either should you, no one else is coming around."

She sighed as she figured that he was probably right, "Fine, give me your jacket," he looked at her with a quirked eyebrow but gave it to her anyways. She put it on and followed him out to the parking lot. He handed her a helmet and got on, she climbed on behind them and they were off in a sort time. The rain got worse, the thunder and lightening was really bad. They were speeding down the roads of the town, she holding on a little tighter then she would have usually. "Slow down, moron," she said at a stop light. She couldn't see his expression through the rain.

He stopped in front of his house and she took off her helmet, "What the hell you said you were taking me home?" He shrugged and left her there on his bike, walking toward his front door, she was about to get off when she felt something zip through her body. She smelled burning flesh and looked at her hands. She wondered why they were glowing for a second, all of a sudden everything went black.

"Angel...," she heard him call her name before she lost all remnants of thought.
"I will live in thy heart, die in thy lap, and be buried in thy eyes" Much Ado about Nothing Shakespeare

FoxyRoxy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:07 am

A soft laugh, the sound high pitched with the edge of hysteria was filling the air around Lilly, her arms resting on the old wooden picnic bench in the park, redish hair being pushed this way and that by the flirtatious wind, her locks where spilling in her dark blue eyes but that wasn't unusual at all, seeing as she spent most of her time with those redish gold locks covering her eyes and casting the room, or the people she was looking at, into half darkness, shifting their shapes ever so much.

Why was she laughing, and with such an edge of hysteria? Well, the rain had finally come, falling from the sky in large sheets that seemed to hit everything and anything, the wind, with it's cold cruel fingers, tugged at her soaked garments and she was rather glad that she wasn't at home, for if she was her parents would probably force her inside, out of the rain and into her safe and warm, even if it was somewhat small, bed.

But Lilly didn't want to be inside, she laughed the fresh smell of rain as it mixed with the damp earth, falling onto her goosebump ridden skin. By now, as the rain fell with increasing force and lighting flashed a few feet off, her head was thrown back, her hair plastered to her head, shoulders, and back. The laughter had stopped, and she was filled with contempt at being "stuck" in the rain.

A crack of thunder, then lightening right after it and a low scream broke from the girl's lip as a tingling, almost painful, sensation invaded her realm of thought, forcing her eyes open and her body to bend over, only to fall onto the damp ground. Tears stung her eyes as she gasped for breath. The smell of burning hair invaded her senses and she had a moment to think, "Oh god, not my hair." Before she passed out on that cold, muddy ground.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dawn Shard on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:11 am

Mia was walking home from her boyfriend’s house when she started to walk by the park. As soon as the rounded, the corner by one side of the park she saw a girl she knew from school laying there on the ground. A gasp escaped her mouth when she knew she wasn’t imaging it.

Mia ran up to the girl body to make she that she was still breathing. She set her two fingers on the girl’s neck to check the pulse. She felt the beats on her fingertips. Therefore, she lifted the girls head and put the girls head on her knees and moved the hair from her face and asked “Lilly, you there?” That’s was all she could think of to say in this situation. It’s not as if they make a book on all the sayings you could say in this situation. Then she just waited
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One night i lay in my bed and look up at stars and then started and wonder, "Where the hell is my roof!"~~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~
Awesome new-world-sign-ups-always-accepting-t32824.html

Dawn Shard
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoxyRoxy on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Angel opened her eyes to spy the poster hanging from her ceiling, "What the hell happened?" she exclaimed outloud. Her mother opened the door and ran to her, "Angel, your awake, oh thank god," Angel tried to remember what happened. "You've been out of it for 4 hours, some guy dropped you off said you collasped in his driveway. "Yeah, I was waiting for you to come and get me, and Christian offered me a ride home," she knew it was stupid and probably have to hear a lecture from her mother later.

"After that I don't remember," she mumbled to her mom.

Christian didn't even bother taking her to the hospital, she was really going to rem that guy tomorrow at school. "I am starving," she said outloud not really thinking about what she was saying. Her mom smiled at her, "I will heat up some leftovers for you, I am just glad you are ok."

Her mom left the room, and she sighed was hit her and why was she unconscieness for so long. She groaned when she realized she still had homework to do. She got out her trig book being a year ahead in math and started on it. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, it was just that she lost four hours, nothing else.

FoxyRoxy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Alex stared at himself tracing the blood red star on his chest."I don't care what the doctor might say this is definitely not puberty."he said to himself chuckling at his own joke."I'll worry about this later."He said Slipping a Disturbed shirt,and a pair of soldier jeans on before grabbing a bagel with cheese and rushing out the door of his house.Breaking into a slow jog he started off towards school,while reminiscing about that lightning strike.All of a sudden a dog came in hi view.It's leg was broken and the ground around it had a deep dark crimson color.Even from where he was standing he could smell the sharp metallic stench that covered his nostrils and tongue.

Emptor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakelovesyuna on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:11 am

Jake continued to walk past the mall, and then decided to go for a walk into the 'rough' side of town...after all no one was going to be there.Jake made his approach there slow and steady,taking in the sights and allowing the rain to in effect Over-Soak the skin...Jakes skin was now like a river,constantly getting gushed with water as it trickled down the body meeting up with all of the other droplets on the way down.

When Jake arrived at the 'rough' side of town Jake giggled out loud,the giggle then turned to a laugh...He had never been to the 'rough' side before, he would usually got beaten up and then left for someone to find him.But just as was Jake he was never allowed a moments peace.Thunder shook the sky and that was all that he could remember, before being on his hands and knees yelping in pain and then fall face flat in the middle of the road...Unconscious. the lighting had got him directly in the back..

jakelovesyuna
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:02 am

kite ran to her home, the wet turf overlapping to the regular grass of the park

((sorry i must go to school, i'll edit this later to make it a better read, but just an over view, i kept running then got struck by lighting and fell in a ditch, just outside the park sorry about that))

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!