Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

When The Clock Chimes Midnight [OOC/Bios]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

When The Clock Chimes Midnight [OOC/Bios]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:47 am

Dear Sir or Madame,

We are proud to announce that you have been invited to Our most prestigious Masquerade. As We are known to hold only the best Balls and Masques, We are sure you know what an honor has been bestowed upon you. On this Friday, the 31st of October, We will be holding a Masque in celebration of All Hallows Eve! It will take place in Harlequin Castle, located on Riness Peak. The theme We wish to uphold is a morbid night of murder and mystery, rife with the supernatural, so; please dress accordingly. The party begins at 9 o' Clock sharp, but the fun starts at Midnight! We are sure We will see you there.

Always yours,
The Count and Countess of Asylum.

-~-

-Character Skeleton-

Name:
Race:

Personality:
History:

Abilities:
Weapons:

Additional Info:

-Plot-

The Count and Countess are mysterious citizens of a Victoria era town, called Asylum, that is much like London. They're faces have never been seen, but they are infamous for holding many impeccable Balls and Masques. These Balls and Masques are usually infamous because they are by invite only, and at the chime of Midnight, one of the, unfortunate; guests dies. Despite knowing this, all that are invited usually show up. Even the threat of death is not enough to keep the curious from seeking even a glimpse of the Count and Countess...

-Rules and Other Info-

Rules:
Please follow the general rules of Gateway.
Please, NO:
-Godmodding
-Offensive content

Other Info:
Pretty much anything goes, character wise. I DO need to approve your character, tho; so PLEASE PM ME YOUR CHARACTERS.
You may NOT post your bios here, until I have approved them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: When The Clock Chimes Midnight [OOC/Bios]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:29 am

Name: Saken Lei (Lee)
Race Nekomanta (Cat demon.)

Personality: A hyperactive girl who uses her smart-assedness to hide what she feels and how she manipulates others.
History: - - - Mind if I leave blank?- - - -

Abilities: Smart-ass comments, use of her claws, extreme agility, and her super-power of ticking people off.
Weapons: Claws, teeth, wit, charming smile and innocence.

Additional Info: = = = She hears voices in her head.= = =
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Name: Leonard Knight, the Baron
Race: human

Personality: charming and polite in public
History: Leonard lived the quiet life as the son of an aristocrat until the breakout of the Crimean War. When the call went out, he joined up as a lieutenant in the 33rd (The Duke of Wellington's) Regiment of foot. He saw combat during the battle of Battle of Alma, Battle of Inkerman and the Siege of Sevastopol, earning the rank of Major over the three years the war took. He has just recently return to England and decided to settle in at Asylum, if only because of the strange name of the town.

Abilities: He is a superb shot, do to his years serving as an officer during the Crimean War
Weapons: a dress sword, Dean and Adams Improved Frame Model revolver and a Allen Thurber & Co pepperbox

Additional Info:
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Name: Demonicus Verengreth.
Race: Half-Demon...Looks human.

Personality: This man is ruthless, cold and malevolent. He has no care for human life at all or any signs of being merciful or showing sympathy. However, in certain situations he is kind, talkative and a idolistic gentleman.

History: Demonicus is a Shadow Knight of a local temple called Tempes. He was gifted as a young child with the power of a variety of different demons because of a freak accident with the local temples and their advocates. As he grew, the demons became stronger and stronger inside him and before he knew it he had to learn the hard way how to control them.

Abilities:At this young of a stage in his life, he is only able to keep control of one demon and has minor shadow manipulation. His swordmanship, however is quiite amazing for a man of his calibre and yet none has seen him in battle to actually confirm his ruthlessness.

Weapons: A gigantic golden broadsword he called Hades after the greek God of the Underworld. He does not show any other weapons but some think he carries a pair of morningstars and a single crossbow.

Additional Info: He is quite tall, long black hair with a strange single red streak going down the center of it. His eyes are always kept at a normal green color unless his demon is awakening. He is always seen wearing large black armor as a tribute to his temple and since he is neevr seen without out no one knows how large he actually is. His cape is red with a strange symbol on the back and his armor is outlined in gold.
"Reach out and stab someone." ^^

Nathillius
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Name: Allen Horner
Race: Human

Personality: He keeps mostly to himself, and does not speak unless spoken to if he even speaks at all. He's not so much shy as he is anti-social, which is kind of ironic considering what he does for a living.
History: Born in Massachuesettes USA, it was apparent at an early age that Allen had an incredible talent for learning. While excelling in all subjects at school, he took a special interest in chemistry and biology, and completed both at a collegiate level while still in high school. Figuring he had learned almost everything that schools could teach him about the subjects, he did his own studying and found the secrets of alchemy from old books and his own research. He completely abandoned the idea of college to study full time, selling the weaker potions he made that would change hair color, make you taller, shorter, etc. for income. He quickly found a market for his potions and discreetly began to travel around selling them to whoever could keep their mouth shut about it. Someone did eventually rat him out, and he fled to Europe to escape the impending publicity/investigations. He did moderately good business for a while, and when he entered a town called Asylum he was given an invitation by a man waiting for him.

Abilities: Massive and obscure knowledge of chemistry and alchemy.
Weapons: Anything around him that he can use in an alchemical potion.

Additional Info: The alchemy's use is broad, but not too fantastic. No elixer of life or anything like that.

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:29 pm

IC is up.

Also, some extra info on the RP:

The setting of the rp is Victorian era Earth, but more fantasy-like. Pretty much any race you can think of, or make, lives there.
I'm going for a murder-mystery type of feel, with a bit of the supernatural thrown in.

Basically, the Count and Countess will hold a masque, where they will murder one guest at the chime of midnight. Of course, at midnight is traditionally when everyone takes off their masques to reveal their identity. So the victims of these events gets to see the identity of the Count and Countess, but take the secret to the grave. The Count and Countess have never been seen before, they are anonymous civilians of Asylum, so the appeal of these events even though you risk being killed is that you might get a glimpse of the Count and Countess. No one really knows if they are actually a Count/Countess, or if they are just normal everyday citizens.

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:19 pm

Name: Rae Ambey
Race: Werewolf

Personality: Unlike most of the wolf clan, Rae is more of your party guy. He loves to relax and laugh. And if there’s an adventure nearby, he’s bound to jump in with a grin on his face. He’s usually not hot-headed, but whenever his tattoo on his left wrist is mentioned, he losses his cool rather quickly. One of many flaws about Rae is that he gets attached rather quickly to new people and things. And as everyone knows, wolves are rather protective of their bailiwick. Another flaw that should be mentioned is that he’s rather oblivious to things at times.

History: When he was young, Rae caught a rather dangerous disease. Thankfully, he survived, however, because of this disease, there’re problems with this young werewolf. Part of the problem is explained in the abilities. Another part is that he’s rather open-minded about everything. Most werewolves believe in the traditional ways, which includes isolation from other races. His mother, realizing this rather early on, quickly took him away from the other wolves to Asylum. There, he spent most of his life, living as he pleased, oblivious to the fact that his mother wanted to return to the clan. No wonder he was excited when he was invited to the ball!

Abilities: He’s weaker than most normal werewolves, and his speed is so-so only because he pushed himself. But because of this, he has a better stamina than most.

Weapons: His wolf form, if you can call it a weapon. In human form, however, he’s rather useless.

Additional Info: …… He likes bread…?
"Nah......at first I thought I just slipped or something, you know, 'cause it was all raining and slippery......and then I saw blood on my foot and side, and then I realized, ahhh, I was shot. Just when I was about to kill the scums......they all ran away. And then Tom-san began telling me all this scary stuff like how if I didn't get a doctor right way I'd die of lead poisoning......" -Shiuo (DRRR)

okugi99
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Sol on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Name:
River King.

When one can trade years and the fatigues of time to another: it is impossible to tell.

Race:
Water Spirit.

Personality:
Quiet and well-spoken, the River King rarely loses his composure. He is unobtrusive, as a general rule, but seeks to trade when the opportunity arises. Appearing deeply sure of himself, the River King often displays an air of faint malevolence, but is dangerously seductive in his brokering of deals.
In truth, the River King is plagued by a very deep, almost totally suppressed, vein of insecurity and guilt for his past actions. Despite this, so long as his composure is maintained, he will proceed in making deals, even if they are of a macabre nature.

History:
Born from the meeting of Sun and Moon on a lake’s surface, the River King was the last of the elements to be formed, and as such harboured a deep insecurity in reference to his position. Feeling the underdog and far from on a par with his fellows, he sought to become more beautiful in an attempt to impress the Moon.
As an Element, River’s duty was to keep balance, making fair trades for those who required them and were worthy, but in his desire for supremacy over his fellow Elements led to him abusing this power.
The River King brokered many an unfair deal to sooth his own desires, leaving those who conducted business with him tortured and lacking in a manner that could be seen as nothing but cruel.
In the end, the River King was punished by both the Sun and the Moon. Confined to a human form, and plagued by a constant, unnatural fatigue, the River King was forced to change his ways or risk destruction.
Now, River King is ages old and bone weary, his malevolent desires dulled somewhat by the passage of years and the trials of time. However his own desires will always be his prerogative.

Abilities:
To broker deals through any medium. The River King can trade anything a person owns: be it physical possessions, body parts, or abstract constructs such as thoughts, feelings and souls, with something he himself possesses. If the deal is fair; and each side presents something of equal worth, then River will face no consequences. If the deal leans towards River’s benefit, especially if this is at the expense of the one he is dealing with, he will be forced to suffer a forfeit at the conclusion of the deal.
River retains a little of his original ability as a Water Spirit, though the great majority was traded away or taken as punishment. River is able to breath beneath the water and has some manipulative power over the water itself and the creatures that live within it.

Weapons:
His ability to broker a deal in all things and manipulate water (to an extent) act as effective weapons.

Additional Info:
Fire is his nemesis; dealing him great damage, and Earth is his greatest weakness. If somehow accessed: River’s own insecurities and guilt will be his undoing.
The River King possesses a tendency to dress in an unusual and flamboyant fashion: his most common choice of costumes all having a botanical theme.
"The sun! I ran, I flew, I touched, I was the sun, I wanted to burn, I wanted..." Icharus, Anita Wisniewska.
"Idiot human isn't propper. Stupid huan is the propper terminology." Anon.
Contrary to popular belief, wearing black armour does NOT make you Batman. Lord Sol.

Lord Sol
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Name: Rigel
Age: Under eight million years. After that, he’s not really sure.
Race: Star

Personality: Sharp and hot tempered by nature, Rigel’s relative youth means he has yet to fully grasp how to moderate his behaviour and so will often come across worse than he actually is. He is naive, especially when it comes to love, but he is slowly learning from his mistakes and becoming a wiser individual for it. There is certainly wit and humour in him, but it is often masked by his abrasive words.

History: A blue star from the Constellation Orion, Rigel fell in love with the distant Moon. After worshipping her from afar for millennia, he took the risk of approaching, but was overwhelmed by the Sun and fell to Earth.

Rigel remained buried, catatonic and cold, until dug up quite recently by treasure hunters believing him to be some ancient religious icon. Their touch woke him, and he escaped from them, but found that he could not rise back into the sky; his fire burned too low for that. Even so, too low for a star was still more than enough for Earth: he had to learn to control his heat, lest he scorch it irredeemably.

Currently, he is biding his time in Asylum, stoking his fire enough that he can either raise himself from Earth, or shine bright enough that his elder brother Betelgeuse will be able to see him through the Sun’s glare and rescue him.

Abilities: To make flammable objects around him spontaneously combust, not always on command. He is constantly luminous, no matter how muffled his flame is, but he can also increase it to a fraction of his brightness at full strength; more than enough to damage someone. However, he does not attempt this, as it would waste nearly all of the energy he is trying to conserve, and would be very likely to kill anyone near him, due to his lack of fine control.

Weapons: Rigel doesn’t carry weapons, but his natural heat and luminosity work very effectively as such if necessary.

Additional Info: Since he is no longer burning white hot, his skin has taken on a diamond like quality in appearance- translucent and faceted in places- but it is certainly not as strong as the aforementioned stone; in fact, it is actually quite delicate. He is very susceptible to cold, and despises water more than anything.

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:33 pm

Name: Theodore Norrington
Race: A nameless race, analogous to a vampire, but with some important differences. Ted does not have to drink blood, nor does he have any sort of bloodlust. That sort of thing happens when he gets older. At his age, the only real difference from the next guy is an aversion to sunlight, water, and garlic, and a preference for very rare meat. He does have the ability to vaporize himself into a slightly opaque mist, but, due to his age, this happens very little, and only ever by accident.

Personality: Rather shy and quiet, the kind who'd rather keep to himself. Although, he's considerably more calm and amiable around friends. He also has a slightly perverse sense of humor. Slightly.
History: He was brought up by his single father, who had a great interest in science. Ted inherited this interest, which, combined with his friend Eli O'Toole's interests in the paranormal, raised a lot of money for the two of them. They developed a quick-acting method for distorting matter, which is administered through ingestion or injection. (Are those technically the same thing?)

Abilities: Not many in and of himself.
Weapons: A syringe.

Additional Info: He has a demonic cat. Or, at least, he's convinced it's a demon. For all he knows, it may be just a cat.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Alright. I believe we have about ten players now. This should be good enough for now. If anyone else is still interested in joining, lemme know regardless. If I don't let you in right away, I might be able to at a later date.

Now, we just have to wait for the stragglers to post their bios. And once everyone is inside the ballroom on the IC thread, I will begin commencing the plot! Dun dun DUNNN!! :p

So yeah... hurry!!

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby imogen_22 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Name: Cassandra Danforth
Race: Human, but a capable user of magic. A witch, put simply.

Personality: Holding a certain pride in the fact that she is unarguably different, Cassandra has never held the sweet, demure charm that young ladies such as herself are expected to strive for. She can often come across as blunt or bitter, or at least compared to her notedly more likable peers. She is an incredibly clever girl, and makes her sourness known to those she converses with slyly, concealing dry comments in empty pleasantries. Cassandra does not view her wealthy, pompous neighbors highly, and has taken up the generally opinion that each and every one of them are ignorant prats, unable to see passed anything but their own contentment. A rather pessimistic outlook, admittedly. Bitterness aside, Cassandra does have the ability to be pleasant when she wants to be, miraculously. However, her appealing side is, once again, a far cry from what respectable, socialite women would consider appealing. Rather than empty and mechanic, Cassandra's charm is one of cleverness and wit. Of course, most wealthy people do not consider this charm at all, or at least under the circumstances of a women. This being, she has all but given up trying to attract friends, being genuinely pleasant on the sparest of occasions.

History: No one is quite sure where Cassandra Danforth came from. It is rumored that she was once the son of a wealthy business man, but when he discovered her...powers, was disinherited. But then again, there are many rumors concerning the mysterious and evasive woman, each less likely than the next. There is one rumor, however, that is true, or at least, partially. Cassandra practices magic of sorts, earning her the label of a witch by her neighbors. Asides from this fact, all that is known is that she cropped up in the town a couple of years ago, taking residence in a small yet still lavish manor. Yes, although it is difficult to believe, Cassandra Danforth is wealthy, earning her acknowledgement from her most reluctant peers. That said, no one is quite sure how she came into wealth, which makes her all the more suspicious. Most respectable families generally shy away from Cassandra, partially because of her prickliness but mostly due to her practice in witchcraft.

Abilities: Cassandra is capable in magic. She casts spells mostly for her own educational gain, having always had a taste for delving into the unknown.
Weapons: See above.

Additional Info: An agile, tortoiseshell cat is often seen prowling the lawn of the Danforth Manor, fixing all those who dare to come near with an unnervingly glassy green stare. It is somewhat ironic that Cassandra keeps this cat-whom she affectionately calls Dagny-as a pet, considering her reputation as a supposed witch.
Live, love, laugh

imogen_22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:38 am

The Count and Countess:

Name: Moren and Elivia Vaniss
Race: Dracious: A race of demi-god dragons made when the children of a God bred with a powerful dragon.

Dracious are gifted with three forms. A human form, a dragon form, and their 'true' form. This true form is humanoid in appearance, but with some dragon-like features. All Dracious, in true form, have slanted eyes with a glowing iris of brilliant colour and their sclera (the white part of the eyes) are black. They have slightly digitigrade legs, and their feet are more reptilian like, with claws. Their hands are sometimes clawed as well. They usually sport tails, and sometimes wings as well though not all do. Horns are sometimes present as well.

They usually have powers that tend towards the elemental, and are curious and quick-witted. They are possessed of inhuman strength and speed as well, more so in their true form than their human one.

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:14 pm

I'm going to be gone for a few days, too about two weeks, so..Sorry!

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Actually, I'll probably not be here starting on Sunday until Friday. And after that, most likely I won't be posting as much. Sorry!

okugi99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Sorry guys, I'm bailing for a week or so too. I'm marshalling at a festival til next Monday, essentially sleeping rough in a big field, so no internet access. I will be up and posting again as soon as I'm back. Sorry?

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:26 pm

;-;
You guys make me sad...
*sniffles*
But it's all good.
Real life calls, and all that.
So yeah, go have fun, or whatever.
<3

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm back, for a bit!

Saken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:52 pm

And...three pages in, DC makes her first post. My guy seems far less hardcore than the others (he's dressed up as a woman, for crying out loud) so yeah. And just because he has purple hair doesn't mean he's a ripoff of anybody... c.c

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:12 pm

Yay!!! I really like your character, DCLXVI. As soon as I get my brain back, I'll post, but until then.... ehehehehe..... Oh, before I forget... I'm back~!

okugi99
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!