Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

When The Clock Chimes Midnight

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

When The Clock Chimes Midnight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Dear Sir or Madame,

We are proud to announce that you have been invited to Our most prestigious Masquerade. As We are known to hold only the best Balls and Masques, We are sure you know what an honor has been bestowed upon you. On this Friday, the 31st of October, We will be holding a Masque in celebration of All Hallows Eve! It will take place in Harlequin Castle, located on Riness Peak. The theme We wish to uphold is a morbid night of murder and mystery, rife with the supernatural, so; please dress accordingly. The party begins at 9 o' Clock sharp, but the fun starts at Midnight! We are sure We will see you there.

Always yours,
The Count and Countess of Asylum.

-~-

October 31st, 9:10 PM
Harlequin Castle, Riness Peak

Harlequin Castle stood proudly perched on the edge of Riness Peak, the cliff falling steeply away mere meters from the stone structures walls. Waves crashed against the cliffs bottom, beating against the jagged rock in a steady furious tempo, while gulls wheeled and cried from high above. Twilight pervaded everything, settling like a blanket over the town of Asylum, and the Castle located at the cliffs just outside the cities border. Dark clouds obscured the full moon, and the wind howled among the sparse trees like a omen and a reminder of what was to come in the dead of night. In spite of the dreadful conditions of Mother Nature, lights burned brightly along the steep drive to the Castle, and shone like a beacon from the structure itself. Many carriages were drawn up to the front gate, and people were still stepping down and hurrying towards the great oaken doors.

The various servants and hosts hired by the Count and Countess were currently preforming their jobs admirably, whisking the guests up over the staircase, and into the grand ballroom. Food and drinks were catered around on gleaming silver dishes, and musicians entertained the guests with rich ballads and lively dancing tunes. The servants all were distinguishable, each wearing a plain white mask to match their black and white attire. They all were in place, ready to do as they were bid at the drop of a hat.

"This is good. Very good," The Count of Asylum murmured happily, his devilish blue eyes twinkling behind his mask, a delightfully morbid affair of red leather sculpted into the visage of a demon. He turned away from the railing of the balcony that circled the ballroom, and strode over to the Countess, his polished black boots thudding against the floor with every step. "What do you think, Sister?" He asked, motioning over their trusted servant, who brought over a tray of refreshments.

The Countess moved towards the railing, peering over the edge at the many guest below. "Quite a turn out. But there's still a lot of guests missing yet, Brother." Turning, she smiled at the servant from beneath her mask, a elegant butterfly spreading its wings to cover the top portion of her face. She gently lifted a champagne flute from the tray he carried, and daintily sipped from it. "Thank you, Andres."

The Count chuckled, and turned to his sister, offering a arm to her. "I suppose we should go down, hmm?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: When The Clock Chimes Midnight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Sol on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:25 pm

At precisely a quarter past nine, a carriage pulled into the sweeping drive of Harlequin Castle. Pulled by a striking, iron-grey mare who’s mottled coat perfectly matched its carefully painted body, the vehicle shone in the muted glow from the castle windows.

The coachman: a sturdy, masculine figure in a blue-grey uniform, alighted from his perch, positioning himself beside the carriage door before jerking it open in a single, precise movement.

A foot, encased in a polished white shoe, emerged, followed by a slender leg encased in a immaculate white stocking, and River King stepped out onto the driveway. Carefully stained, dark purple skin, slanted yellow eyes and a long, graceful figure, all encased in a close fitting, vibrant yellow smock: River was the picture of flamboyant elegance.

A quietly smiling face, partially hidden behind a mask constructed of five curved, pointed purple petals, looked down upon the coachman, and a soft voice murmured: “Many thanks, Razmas.” Before River drifted away towards the castle’s main doors, white, lacquered cane tapping and the wreath of dark berries atop his head glossy with reflected light.
"The sun! I ran, I flew, I touched, I was the sun, I wanted to burn, I wanted..." Icharus, Anita Wisniewska.
"Idiot human isn't propper. Stupid huan is the propper terminology." Anon.
Contrary to popular belief, wearing black armour does NOT make you Batman. Lord Sol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Sol
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:02 pm

Rae bounced up and down, excited about being invited to the ball. "Finally!" he exclaimed to no one in particular. "I knew I'd get in if I just kept trying!"

The young werewolf quickly ran towards the Harlequin Castle, not caring if he was getting mud all over his gray fur. With a childish yelp, he jumped onto the drive of the magnificent castle. He landed non-too-gracefully next to an elegant looking man. Grinning his wolfish grin, Rae extended his paw. "Yo! I'm Rae. Are you here for the ball as well? I'm so excited!"

"Hm? Oh! Wait a minute please," with that, Rae shook his fur free from the mud and little tree branches. Then he turned back to the man, extending his paw again. "And you are?"
"Nah......at first I thought I just slipped or something, you know, 'cause it was all raining and slippery......and then I saw blood on my foot and side, and then I realized, ahhh, I was shot. Just when I was about to kill the scums......they all ran away. And then Tom-san began telling me all this scary stuff like how if I didn't get a doctor right way I'd die of lead poisoning......" -Shiuo (DRRR)

okugi99
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Sol on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:22 pm

River King blinked, brushing a stray twig from his hair with a casual hand. He had been approached by, well he would have to say a child, despite the young man’s stature and somewhat hairier than normal visage. A werewolf: certainly.

“I must say, it is wonderful to meet you, Master Rea.” His voice was a quiet drawl, and he hoped that the energetic young creature would be, at the very least, slightly pacified by calm, quiet tones. “Though, I must say, attempting to shower a person with mud is hardly the best way to greet them.” He let a little predatory humour creep beneath his words, confidant that the child would not catch it.

He took the offered paw daintily, shaking it once before retracting his hand, making a mental note to wash said appendage before he indulged in any of the food that was doubtless set out.

“Now,” He laughed a little, hoping that his counterpart would take it as a gesture of friendly intent, rather than mocking. “You asked so very many questions upon arriving at my side that I am quite sure that I have forgotten at least one, but I will endeavour to answer to the best of my ability.”

He swept into a deep bow. “My name is River King, you may call me River, or Mister King, I do not care which. As to the purpose of my being at this splendid castle: your assumption was correct. I am here for the famous masquerade ball.”

Lord Sol
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Rigel knew, no matter what, he was never going to make a quiet entrance, so he took the opportunity to make a spectacle of himself. If it was going to happen regardless, why not go off with a whole damn supernova instead of the basic bang? He only remembered to temper his excitement when he noticed the stone of the main drive melting beneath his feet.

The star wore his glow as others wore their costumes. It was all he needed, a cool blue that flattered the diamond of his skin, and softened the stark white of his hair and eyes. In deference to the occasion and out of respect for the hosts for inviting him, Rigel had compromised on a mask. An intricate sunburst in molten gold was marked around his right eye; a crescent moon followed the curve of his face on the left side in liquid silver. With a face like his beneath it, the paltry effort was more than worthy.

He passed two guests in the driveway, close enough for a vague breath of their conversation, and paused for effect at the base of the stairs. No need to pose; that'd be pushing it. Just a moment to let those exiting their coaches behind him enjoy the view, and for those already on the stairs to take notice and part accordingly. And if he happened to also use that moment to remind himself to cool down or risk breaking the stairs, so much the better for everyone.

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby imogen_22 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Afternoon had melted into evening, and the sky was the rich, blueish grey of twilight as clusters of pretty women and dashing men made their way up the lawn of the Harlequin Castle. The air was charged with the excitement of being invited to possibly the most exclusive, most extravagant annual party, and the party-goers, although eager to escape the cool evening air, could not resist prattling on to newcomers about just how wonderful the gala was to be. The mood, although light, was undeniably tainted with the stirrings of anxiety, visible in a furrowed brow here and a small frown there. Because, as giddy as the wealthy invitees were, each and every one of them was aware that something was going to happen that night, as it had every year...

It was almost time, now, for the ball to get into full swing. The last carriages were arriving, emitting hasty, flustered newcomers, determined to be on time. Among these late arrivals was Miss Cassandra Danforth, though she did not look the faintest bit concerned about punctuation. No, her demeanor was one of reluctance as she looked around her, touched with the sort of amusement one might express when watching over a small child and observing his silly antics.

Slight uneasiness, punctuated by disdainful mutterings exchanged between clusters of women, settled over the crowd as Cassandra strolled towards the door, looking not at all bothered by her lack of company. It was an unnerving situation, seeing this girl, so evasive, gracing a public affair with her presence. A group of young men, who had been inconspicuously judging the appearance of arriving young ladies, seemed unable to decide whether or not she looked lovely. Cassandra's raven tresses looked quite elegant piled atop her head, and her features, although angular, had a certain attractiveness to them in the soft evening light. Her choice of wardrobe was surprisingly suiting, a gown of satin that was precisely the same shade of green as her almond shaped eyes. Yes, perhaps if one of those men was being honest with himself, he would agree that Cassandra did look quite appealing that night. Her reputation, however, prevented said men from doing so.

Upon reaching the grand doors, Cassandra did not make her grand entrance, causing already raised eyebrows to soar even higher. Instead, she set herself down on a nearby garden bench and, to the general surprise of onlookers, pulled a thick, worn book from out of her shawl. Opening it at no particular, she proceeded to read the book, promptly ignoring the glances she was receiving from her neighbors.
Live, love, laugh

imogen_22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:01 pm

"River..." Rae mumbled, trying out the name as if it was a special treat. "Nah, Riv, did I really cover you up with mud? If you want, you can wipe it on my fur?" Rae offered, trying to be open-ended as he could.

Then he became quite distracted by the two guests that walked by. "River! Did you see him? He's so pretty! And her! Ah! She's beautiful!"

Refueled by the thought of meeting new guests, Rae started to bounce after the two. Then he paused. Looking back, he cocked his head to one side. "You coming, Riv?"

okugi99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Leonard closed his pocket watch with a snap, as his carriage rolled to a stop and the private from the 33ed Regiment of Foot jumped down to open the door. As he stepped out, his gloved hands gave the blood red jacket a light tug to pull it into place and settle the golden epaulettes square on his shoulders. A small smile crossed his tan and weathered face, as he gazed up at the castle, It was grand to be back home and away from the ragged landscape of the Crimea.

"Your shako your lordship" said the private, picking up the leather headpiece, with golden ropes and the emblem of the empire.

"Thanks Will" said Leonard, taking the shako and placing it on his head. He was forced to adjust the white mask that covered most of his upper face, to allow a comfortable fit. He settled his left hand on the ornate hilt of the dress infantry sabre that hung at his waist, as he strolled towards the door of the castle.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:09 am

Allen had learned many useful things over the years:

Botany: Pine tree sap, potato skin, pine tree bark.
Zoology: Cow's stomach acid, horse hoof shavings.
Microbiology: The common cold.
Chemistry: Mix and grind solids into powder. Mix everything with milk at 200 degrees until it becomes viscous and brown.
Bravery: Drink.

Allen found that changing one's physical appearence was a lot simpler than one would immagine given the right materials. The kind that he had managed to scrounge together made his face deep brown and rough like tree-bark, and stuck out from his face to accentuate his features. It wasn't a half bad costume for a masquerade.

The only downside was the use of the common cold, which gave him a nasty chill within minutes. Allen was much smarter than to succomb to such a simple thing as that, and drank his own home-made cure that he had discovered when he was twelve years old. The idiot doctors and chemists from the university wouldn't acknowledge his discovery over the little fact that it was mostly derived from bovine mucous. Allen shook his head to himself, at the rate they were going a cure wouldn't be discovered for centuries.

He casually patted the vial in his belt pouch that held the clensing formula that would return his face to normal if he should need it. He had engineered the potion to wear off after six hours, but it never hurt to be prepared. This whole thing was rather impromptu anyway, he had only just walked into town that morning when some man approached him, handed him the invitation, and said he hoped Allen could attend. He dissapeared before Allen could ask any questions.

So here he was. He wasn't too keen on the whole social atmosphere, but a lot of important people were here. It was a chance to make some new clients, as well as a chance to indulge in free food and drink. So Allen walked briskly, if not too enthusiastically, up the stone steps toward the castle.

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Sol on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:14 am

‘Riv’? Surely, he hadn’t just-? No. No. He had to have been hearing- oh, good heavens, there it was again! River had to exercise a great amount of will power to prevent his mouth dropping open in abject horror. That loud, bouncing ball of the Sun alone knew what… had just given him a nickname! How common.

River cleared his throat, forcing his voice into careful neutrality. “Ah, yes, Master Rea, you did manage to catch me a little with your impromptu mud shower; no harm done, however. I do not require to, ah, wipe it on your fur.” He would rather steal the glow from Lady Moon herself, and then laugh in the Sun’s face whilst he confessed to doing it.

He cleared his throat again, beginning to head towards the castle proper, not because the hairy one had invited him to, he reminded himself, but rather to make use of the facilities at the earliest possible opportunity: he was becoming quite unwilling to come into contact with his own left hand, it needed washing, now.

Trotting up the main stairs, River’s eyes fell on a stunning creature, all faceted light and blue diamond, and he stilled momentarily, mouth drying. A Star had come… he let out a breathless little gasp, hurrying into the castle without a backward glance.

This was dangerous- dangerously alluring, his wayward mind insisted, but he forced the thought away- a Star was here. A young Star, even when earthbound, would possess amazing power, and River’s desire spiked. He wanted some of that power, but at the same time, was terrified by the prospect of it.

The Lord Sun was a Star, and the ruler of the Court of Heavens. River had already provoked his father once, to disastrous results. He couldn’t afford to be careless. But there was no way to deny that he wanted to broker a deal with the same, bone-deep ache that had lead him to his downfall in the beginning.
Last edited by Lord Sol on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Sol
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:02 am

If Rigel had possessed fur, it would have been on end. River. An empowered name with a taste of starfire in it: he had to be Sol's child.

A memory of Betel's crimson voice welled up in him. "Sol has children of his blood on that planet. If ever you chance to meet them, and I hope you don't, beware the youngest; the Water spirit. He'd steal your fire as soon as ask your name." As if the fact of his element wasn't enough for Rigel to wish to stay well clear. He watched River's retreating back with a frown. He had no idea how a water spirit, even one fathered by a star, could hope to steal the fire of a blue star without being consumed, but the very idea of it gave him chills; he distinctly despised chills.

With a final flourish to his captive audience, he ascended the stairs behind the Water spirit, breaking off in a different direction once inside the building. That hint of starfire was more than enough for him; he wasn't particularly fond of Sol as it was, and having his taste in his mouth was not helping matters. Let the starchild do what he liked, as long as it was away from Rigel.

So he thought, and yet still found himself with an eye constantly on the Water spirit as he circulated round the room.

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nathillius on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:15 am

Slowly, a black fog began to cover the outsides of the great Harlequin Castle. The noises of the night creatures seemed to dim as the fog became thicker and a man appeared out of it. His armor gleamed in the moonlight beautifully as he stepped from the fog. His emerald green eyes looked about the castle with a simple interest and realized almost immediately he was not the only one here.

He gave a small chuckle as his snapped his fingers together and the fog dissapated, he slid his helm over his face as if it was nothing but a mask he was so accustomed to wearing. The black ness of his attire almost made him invisible at night as he stepped up to the castle's main gates. He noticed a few others awaiting to be let in but payed little attention and let out a deep sigh before speaking.

"Beautiful night..." He commented under his helm, the darkness seemingly thicker around his being than most.
"Reach out and stab someone." ^^

Nathillius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:33 pm

Laughing delightedly, Rae bounced ahead. His eyes caught sight of the blue beauty that he had spotted earlier. With a wolfish grin, he trotted to the beauty's side, slowing down. Then he paused. What? What do you mean it's not a girl?! Rae pouted, but he wasn't about to let this prevent him from meeting new people.

"Yo!" Rae exclaimed, jumping next to the star. "I'm Rae Ambey! Nice to meet you!"

With that said, he extended his paw out, proudly. Then Rae paused. Wait... I'm forgetting someone... "Oh! Riv! Wait a bit," Rae said, still rather cheerful.

He motioned over to the river spirit, waving his arms frantically. "Hey, Riv-man! Over here! Meet this guy, he's really cool!"

okugi99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Sol on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:59 pm

River turned slowly at the sound of his name being called, already recognising the voice as belonging to the wolf-child, and expecting to be introduced to some colourful being that had caught the young man’s inexperienced eye. He was ready to humour the child, allowing himself to endure the discomfort of talking to the boy’s idea of a “really cool” person for the sake of deals won later. Instead, he felt as though he were evaporating.

The Star… oh, Sun in the Heavens, it was the Star. River swallowed convulsively, his mouth suddenly feeling too small to house his clumsy tongue. This was dangerous: his mind screamed at him, but he couldn’t bring himself to really listen. Fate, it would seem, was a curious being, and it would appear that he was owed some luck: though whether that luck was favourable or ill was impossible to tell.

Physically, he could turn away, all he had to do was will his feet to move one ahead of the other and he could vanish into the crowd. But his mind was ignited, tied and fixated on that damned glow, that shimmer of light beneath a diamond skin.

And his mind, his traitorous, fickle mind, was whispering to him that Mother loved a Star, she always loved her Star, even when he burned her. He closed his eyes, ugly and yellow; nothing compared to the fire bright quicksilver that shone in the eyes of Rigel. There was no way he could turn back now.

Affixing a smile to his face, and thinking of duckweed, River King crossed the no-man’s-land between himself and the source of his temptation, careful to keep his steps slow and purposeful. He was in control, he was a millpond, not a raging torrent, this was nothing.

“Master Rae,” He heard himself say, his voice as soft and centred as ever, despite the fact that he couldn’t remember deciding to speak. “I see that you have made a friend.” He turned to the Star then, the very picture of belladonna, and bowed. “Good evening, might I request your name, sir?”

Lord Sol
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:24 pm

Rigel blinked, momentarily overwhelmed by the exciteable furry whirlwind, then politely declined the handshake. "I intend no offence, Rae Ambey, but you are rather flameable, and I am not certain enough of my control to risk igniting you."

He turned to regard River with blazing white eyes, throttling the shiver of disgust that threatened to well up as that hint of yellow starfire made itself known again. "Beta Orionis, blue Rigel, of the Court of the Night Sky." He said by way of introduction. Let the water child flounder if he was unfamiliar with star terms of address; it was not Rigel's issue. "And you are the River Prince." He smiled, an alien expression sharpened by the diamond of his skin.

Clasped politely behind his back, his hands clenched into fists as he reminded himself to moderate his temperature. The star could feel the rush of fire to the surface of his skin, the more he thought the Water spirit's eyes were on him. It is not Sol; it is his son. Even if he is the child you were told to be wary of, you are reacting completely unnecessarily. You are going to hurt someone: stop it.

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Completely obliviousness to the tension between Rigel and River, Rae smiled brightly. "It's fine; you don't have to shake my hands. I guess it's a very human thing, nah?"

Rae cocked his head when he heard the star's introduction. He frowned. Beta... what? Something about blue...? and the night sky... Shaking his head, as if to clear it, Rae asked, "I'm sorry, that just went completely over my head. So you're Beta Orio.. Orion...?" Rae's shoulders slumped and his ears fell. Aw, c'mon Rae! You can remember what he said, can't you?

Taking a deep breath, he tried again. "Beta Orion, blue Rigel, of the Court of the Night Sky?" With that, his ears perked up and he grinned. "Hey! I think I got it! Beta Orion... can I just call you Blue?"

Scratching behind his ear, he turned to River. "I told you he's cool," he whispered to his newly made friend.

okugi99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Sol on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:38 pm

River King practically purred, his smile cracking through the mask of falsehood and becoming genuine, as waterfalls replaced millponds and duckweed sizzled away into a magnificent water lily in his mind. A name! Oh, glory to the Sun, he had been named!

“It is truly an honour to meet you, Rigel of the constellation Orion, seventh ranked in the Court of the Night Sky, brother to Betelgeuse, Bellatrix and Saiph.” He hummed, taking a little pride in his knowledge of the Star: the animosity between Rigel and River’s own father was hard to ignore, after all, and River always did keep a very close eye on his mother: the Lady Moon.

He laughed softly, eyes twinkling with a mixture of wicked intent and humour at the wolf-child’s persistent desire to give nicknames. Finally Fate was smiling on him. He had received Rigel’s name, in it’s entirety and without the usual caution that accompanied such a thing, and to make the deal that much sweeter: he had received a name of his own.

Power, this was the most glorious power, a game of careful giving and receiving in the dark, and he was ever so well versed in the rules. He stepped up, heedless of the radiating, angry heat and the flash of steal in those lovely eyes; he was not afraid, drunk as he was on the euphoria of a deal being coaxed to fruition.

“I would not presume to say “cool”, my young friend,” He spoke to the child behind him, but his eyes remained locked with Rigel. This star had stood at odds with Sol, and he possessed a light far more dazzling that the Chariot of the Heaven’s Court; this was the power with which he would sway the Moon. “For, from where I am standing, he appears to be of a rather substantial temperature.”

Getting as close as he dared, and feeling an odd, bubbling prickle beneath his skin that told of evaporation and the boiling of liquid in a closed vessel, River lowered his voice. “You give me such wonderful gifts, Rigel of Orion,” He breathed, the steam curling from his lips screaming ICARUS, but he paid it no mind. “Your name, and a name of my own; you were so very, very generous.” He smiled then, devious and challenging, a look for Rigel alone. “Such generosity requires that I give something in return, dear Rigel.”
Last edited by Lord Sol on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Sol
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:47 pm

A soft sigh forced her bodice-covered chest to rise, then fall. The hot carbon dioxide, pushed from her longs and expelled from her mouth by way of parted cracked, yet dyed, lips. It was her own fault, of course, that she had to walk a crossed the mud-covered ground, and in a new, expensive, dress that she had saved up for for -weeks- just for this, one, party. It was a bit much, of course, the almost sheer fabric rippling around her slender form, and the slippers that went with it where, of course, glass.

The neko girl was trying to be a "Cinderella', a girl who went to the ball and got a happy ending- a person who was not going to die. Hoping that this, the costume, would make so she would not be the one chosen to die- no, she did not want that much, for she was still young, twenty years, and still had life before her. Pale hair, almost a blonde but not, fluttered behind her, falling in soft waves to those hips that where all but showed beneath the gossamer fabric. The dress it's self, whilst being sheer, was in the simple fashion of most- a bodice with a plunging neck line, long skirts that brushed the ground, soiling the beautiful fabric as it dragged on the ground. Tight upon her hips, and the fabric it's self shoved tantalizing glimpses of..well, skin- skin that could be seen through her shift for she had cut it into pieces. Who would think, dear lord, to show off their ankles and even their calves!

The young girl was basically shaking with nerves as she exposed herself as this, tan ears hidden by a strip of fabric that was over her head. She wanted to appear human, fragile, an ethereal vision before the party and, standing here before the gates, she expelled more blistering air. A soft quiver ran up her spine as, chin lifting upwards, she started forward, fingers curled into the red fabric of the wrap, which extended from one shoulder to her waist, interwoven strands of yarn, dyed.

Spotting a grouping before the actual entrance the girl licked at her lips, a qquick sweep of pink tongue over pale blue lips, dyed with berries. She started forward, the glass slippers leaving slight marks on the ground, hopefully those steps where making enough noise, for if not she was not one to go up to them and say "Hello' or "Good eve," at least not yet. Let her appear fragile- when the games began her claws would come out and she would be the victor.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Rigel pointedly addressed Rae, despite River's alarming proximity. "Beta Orionis is my position in the sky, Rae Ambey. Blue is the colour of my glow, and therefore the level of my power. My name is Rigel. Please address me by it."

He turned his smouldering gaze on River, the white flame of his eyes edged with blue as he struggled to contain his heat. His mistake was realised too late. Already he had forgotten the warning Betelgeuse had given him, even when it stood fresh in his mind. His hands clenched tight behind his back, the diamond of his skin cracking quietly under the pressure, liquid fire flowing through the breaks and dripping to the floor.

It hurt to think that he felt fear in this creature's presence, and more so that that fear was justified. The ground they stood on was uneven: River knew it, and revelled in it, which only made it worse. His fire roared in his ears like a human heartbeat, and Rigel found his balance compromised.

Focus! It is ridiculous that he should reduce you so! Orionis will not be defeated by a thief! Think of Betelgeuse, Bellatrix, even Mintaka!

He did, and that only made things worse: the thought of his siblings brought a surge of loneliness and isolation he had thought under control. The harsh glow of his blue edged light died to a softer pulse, cooled by his misery. Above him, the roof was suddenly too close; he needed to see the sky. It was winter in this hemisphere: Orion would be rising.

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby okugi99 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Satisfied that his newly made friends are getting along, Rae smiled broadly. See! I knew they'd get along! Oh! I probably shouldn't disrupt them... His sensitive wolf ears picked up a tapping sound of glass on stairs. He looked up. It was a cat girl! Excitement build up in his chest.

"Riv, Blue, I'll be right back!" with that thrown over his shoulder, he quickly bounced towards the unsuspecting neko girl.

As soon as he landed right by her side, he exploded with happiness. "Hi! I'm Rae Ambey! Very lovely to meet you! I've never met a cat-girl before, and I really wanted to meet one!"

"Oh! My manners!" Chuckling sheepishly, he extended his paw. "Who might you be?"

okugi99
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!