Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

White Group.

White Group.

a part of “White Group.”, a fictional universe by Bosch.

A Steampunk Western RP about a group of Thieves and Assassins. Storytellers who like epically long posts are the target group. We’re all about dark situations and character development.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “White Group.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: White Group.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:21 am

Ok Guys so I’ve posted Epilogues for the first two Jobs and posted two new Jobs for you hombres.

Add. I thinking that Gretch just transports the jobs to Alexander via courier as he’s going to be pretty wary of Alexander. Glad you’re enjoying Proxy, it's a bit of fun and already I'm seeing glaring plot holes forming but hopefully it'll follow the 24 school of story telling where if you just keep your foot on the gas people won't ask too many questions. I’ve screwed the pacing which means the last installment is kind of talky but I’m working on keeping the action dialogue balance pretty fair.

Machete. So this job is kind of a weird one and it’s up to you exactly why the Mine is so weird. Freakish creature, old world tech or whatever else you can come up with.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Sorry Add I forgot to post the one we worked on together. It's up now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm going to smash a post out today, mostly because work is hectic all week and I only get two days to gather myself... so I'll get a post up and going! I already have fleshed out what's going on in the mines! I hope its going to be a shocker!

macheteshark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:46 am

Computer was broke. I'll get my post done today or tomorrow. So I didn't even notice you left out my part Bosch. But, four guardians... I have no idea how to even try this. Can I use a cruise missile?
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:16 am

You'll need to get creative man.

Machete. Looking forward to it.

Sclam. You still out there Sclam?

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 am

I know this might be a stupid question, but I feel like I have to ask it regardless... How much it too much for you guys? I'm still writing my post, and I'm super into it... But currently it's at 4500 words... Obviously I'll be editing it and i'm going to make it shorter as much as possible.. I have the jist of my entire post sorted, and If need be I can cut it so it's quick and simple.. But I feel like if I do, perhaps the direction i'm trying to take my post will be lost in transition if that sort of makes sense? If you think I might be pushing the limit, let me know, I'm happy to rethink, my brain is just fried at the moment so I'm having trouble discerning what is good and what isn't..

Also, will it be a stretch to include grievous wylde in my current post?

macheteshark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:10 am

There are no limits on posting length Machete, just so long as you have fun with it. I don’t want anybody feeling they have to make crazy long posts. Write as much as you want to tell the story.

Grievous is fine to use as are all the characters in the character section the only stipulation is they don’t die of have anything befall them that would make them impossible for me to use.

My advice when you’re not sure about something you’ve written is to get it down and then leave it a few days. When you come back fresh it’s easier to see what was crap and what wasn’t.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Same for my post I have about 30 pages in. My notebook to transcribe.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 am

Alrighty, got my post up... It is a FUCKING long post. I shall not deny it.. But I wanted to dip my fingers into something big... Hope it's far from boring and makes sense! I did go over it.. with very fresh eyes, but it was so big I'm paranoid it now doesn't make sense.. and only makes sense to me lol

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Even though mine is technically before Machete's post. It actually takes place after the newest post in the timeline. So yeah... I'm DONE got a little lazy at the end, but meh.

And I loved the end Machete. I hope I portrayed James in the light that you wanted him portrayed and I hope I gave you something to play with the next time you meet him.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:47 am

Loved your past Add! Poor poor James! He seems to be putting himself into a precariously tight situation... Lmao. I hope he survives! But then again.. the chips fall where they fall... haha... I also loved your reference to my post, it made me smile haha!

can't wait to hear about the reprecussions!

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:58 am

Everyone.

Great work and I loved the posts. I hope you all understand due to how much is going on the Epilogues may take a little longer this time.

Add.

Very nice use of in medias res. I gotta admit I was freaked when it looked like Singh was going to take a dirt nap but you played it excellently. I mean really very well done man. You also got the Guardians down to a T. I kind of see them as these emotionless killing machines, kind of like Spartans, or at least how Spartans are remembered now.

A very good post and I hope you don’t mind me saying, in my opinion your best work.
Jesus the Epilogues will be interesting this time.

Machete.

Good twist, very good twist you really took it in way I’d even consider and that’s so great. I also really liked the Combat in this one. I personally find it hard to write combat and it's something I've been working on so I respect those who can do it well. It’s also done a bit of work for me as now Grievous has been introduced and we’re pretty much set for THE WAR!

I also liked your characterization of Coleman and thank you for passing the Notebook onto Jenner, it’s in safe hands and I’ll make sure some goodies come from it.

Of course we still need to work out alliances for the coming war but that’s something I’ll deal with then you guys need to work out where your characters will fit.

EDIT: also while reading the posts I had the same three songs on repeat, I felt they were a nice accompaniment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcWzVUlrzdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhDv9Gwj5wI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVomQtrtMTM

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slcam on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:34 am

Sorry I had to fall off the face of the earth, guys. I am moving into college today, and with all the preparations for that and many, many late work nights at soul-sucking Walmart, well, you get the picture. Things hopefully will calm down and I should be able to reclaim my evenings and start writing again. Can't wait to finish the silly thing. >=O
How I feel when writing a post...

slcam
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:30 am

I loved all of those songs Bosch! They were mesmerizing, I just found a new youtuber to follow ha! Can't wait for Epilogues!

I sympathise with you slcam! Balancing work/college and friends is a bitch. Good luck! We eagerly await your return!

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:54 am

She lives! No problem Slcam just wanted to make sure you hadn't gone dark on us.

Yeesh the epilogues are already running 4k. There's alot of ground to cover in them but once it's done we'll have our three factions set up, and Wylde gets to do his "I'm evil stuff." Then the missions will take a bit of a turn as we slip from Assassin contracts into war effort missions. That just means the objectives will be a bit different, you all will also have NPC's at your disposal which is pretty cool.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Oh I'm blushing. But, honestly I don't feel like I used in midias res. I just started with the end and ended with the beginning of the end that was the beginning. Nothing clever honestly. But, I had never seen it in an rps nor have I had the opportunity to use it. Oh and thanks for teaching me some Latin. Didn't know there was a word for that. I call it the Tarantino effect.

And I kinda wish I had sided with the Feds at this point. We're all on the same side.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:22 am

Tarantino effect sounds way better. It was a cool post man.

Ha siding with the Feds would suck because then when it came time to end the RP I'd have to tie up the loose ends and send Machete and Sclam after you!

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:30 am

Well, technically we're on the same side Add :p I kind of figured that if the Feds loose then that creates the issue of who is going to take 'rule' of the Flats... I don't know about Ada, but I can speak for Ruby, and she'd probably die before letting Gretch go back to ownership of New Mesa/ possibly the entire Flats.. haha... Then again, James Squire is kind of between a rock and a hard place... lmao. Poor James Squire, I feel like he'll either outlive Alexander or... well, I think we can all guess what could happen if Alexander outlives James aha.

macheteshark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Yea... Alexander was never a stable man and I can't see the death of Balder stabilizing him any. He's probably much more likely to fall towards Gretch. Which is not going to be happy times for anyone.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:15 am

Sorry about this one guys it's huge, there is a lot of talking in it and not a lot of action. It's pretty bare bones plot stuff so don't expect it to be amazing. Anyway we know have the alliances decided if you have any questions about them let me know.

And yes Jenner was channeling Patrick Swayze. Except maybe a little nicer.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!