Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Winter Rose: the garden of a wish... {Horror Interest Check}

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Winter Rose: the garden of a wish... {Horror Interest Ch

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Doing some work on it this evening, and my week is pretty free, so maybe we could even get started this week. I haven't heard anything on most of your character concepts (which is fine, you don't need to tell me first if you're good on what you're doing), so if you've got anything you want clarified, please let me know!

Oh, but I'm gonna have to say "no multiple characters" at this point, for the couple of people who asked me about that. There has been too much interest, and I'd like to give more people a chance to get into the game given the limited amount of characters.

Meesha- Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the intro.

Normally I'd agree, but there are about 22 areas mapped already even without the secret/illogical locations. There will be a basement and an attic and maybe a 3rd floor if it proves necessary, but I'm considering scrapping that because I think there is going to be plenty of space as is. xD And if you're posting from the Activity section, you have to select them from a drop down, otherwise it posts in the default (highest level) location. That's not a huge deal since you can still see the post, but I've seen things get misposted due to the Activity page in RPs with just 10 locations. That's why I ask for general opinions here. I'm pretty good with either way myself, which complicates the decision. xD
RPs:
Spring Rain and Havoc | Witch's Diary | Winter Rose

Need RP advice? Feel free to PM me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Having not roleplayed much with the tab system, I am afraid I cannot weigh in on this dilemma. However, I do have a suggestion! :D If knowing where characters are is a problem, you could require every post to have a status line at the top/bottom that is bolded and contains the character's location.

Then the only issue would be in people forgetting that, but it seems easier to fix than manually resorting posts or however that works.
Roleplays
Godhood - Modern Fantasy on a god-like scale
The Limbs Market - Dystopian Biopunk

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fox in a Lab Coat
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:15 am

It's less an issue of knowing where characters are at a given time (though that can be helpful) and more of leaving room descriptions at your fingertips so you don't have to, every time your character walks through a door for the first time, wait on me to tell you exactly what's in there. This isn't so akin to a tabletop that every individual action you take will require GM ruling, but the rooms also have predetermined layouts and contents. By making every room a location, you'd have the info you needed already, and I could set up entrances between them that the system would automatically map, which might make it easier for you all to visualize things. And if things change, I can edit the areas to reflect that.

Of course, I could also just make an extra OOC thread and post room descriptions in there so you can reference it. That's a viable alternative if I don't use areas and don't just describe it during active play.

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

I'm interested in this as well~ I've been lurking for a while, heh.

I like the idea of actually making the areas so that the descriptions will be there, very easy to see and find before you actually post. Yeah you're bound to have people that won't remember to post in the right sections, but that shouldn't be /too/ big of a problem if they are reminded a time or three if they mess up.

On the flip side, creating an OOC room description section would be a great alternative. It just depends on how many different rooms you're going to have in the posting section. If you're going to end up with 22 different sections, that can get pretty messy, pretty quickly. In that case, the OOC thread would be best.

Looking forward to more info :)

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 am

Marionette wrote:. By making every room a location, you'd have the info you needed already, and I could set up entrances between them that the system would automatically map, which might make it easier for you all to visualize things. And if things change, I can edit the areas to reflect that.

Of course, I could also just make an extra OOC thread and post room descriptions in there so you can reference it. That's a viable alternative if I don't use areas and don't just describe it during active play.

In any case this will be a huge undertaking to you Marionette, but I think than an OOC thread with the rooms would work wonders

Do have in mind that last I checked posts cant be modified after a certain time, so it might not be viable if you plan to alter them beyond their original description, if not we could always use the location system integrated inside the RP tab but that could be complicated and to my knowledge you cant edit your location after the post so if someone makes a mistake its gona be a chore

In the end it all comes down to loldunno

As for character concepts, I had not post mine because I was still trying to come up with a compelling backstory or sufficiently complex individual so ill go with what I know best, a college hipster X3

I could expand on it but ill wait till we have a character sheet/skeleton to do so
"Incessant wind sweeps the plain. It murmurs on across grey stone, carrying dust from far climes to nibble eternally at the memorial pillars. There are a few shadows out there still but they are the weak and the timid and the hopelessly lost.

It is immortality of a sort.

Memory is immortality of a sort.

In the night, when the wind dies and silence rules the place of glittering stone, I remember. And they all live again."

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:13 pm

This is fleshing out well! ;-)

Glad that your making different rooms so we can keep track of where we are and what's going on within the location.

Character concept of mines will go along the lines of a successful ballerina who is at the pinnacle of her career. I still have to tweak her a little bit for the story and I need to see what the profile layout for our characters will be so I won't be too hasty on making my own character idea solid yet. I'll see how the plot and backdrop fleshes out.

So like Romaneck inquired, I'll also wait for the character sheet to be presented when the RP is made, Marionette.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 pm

That's fine, those of you waiting for the character skeleton. I was just making sure there weren't any questions floating around that I hadn't answered. If you like, I can prioritize getting the skeleton done and posted. Mine are not too complex.

Let's see, unless I forgot something...

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Profession:[/b]
[b]Physical Appearance:[/b] (A text description. Pictures aren't required, but they are allowed in addition to the text.)
[b]Abilities:[/b] (Remember, no supernatural abilities. Any specialized skills your character has.)
[b]History:[/b] (A brief bio is required, but if you'd rather PM it to me than write it on the profile, that's fine too.)
[b]Possessions:[/b] (Your character only starts with what they had on their person. Having pockets or wearing a purse, backpack, etc. with everyday items is acceptable.)

I don't mind if people spread their info out into the special fields on the character application system (personality in Personality, history in History, possessions in Equipment, etc.), and you can dress up your form with more coding if you feel like it, but no need. I keep it basic.

Morphine Kisses: Hello! Glad to see another interested party. :) It would wind up being well over 22 places, so I think it might just be more trouble than it's worth to make the separate areas.

Romaneck: It is a pretty big undertaking, but I like planning games, so it's fun. xD Yeah, at this point I'm leaning toward an OOC thread. Even if posts can't be edited forever, I can always make another post in the thread with updates. There's definitely no way to move a post's location so if it's posted in the wrong spot it stays there forever. It's only a minor concern, but it could be annoying.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:57 pm

At this point I feel fairly superfluous, but I'd like to indicate interest all the same. This idea looks really awesome, and very much like a breath of fresh air, so to speak. I'm toying with the idea of a concert pianist, or maybe an agoraphobic... but at this point, I suppose it doesn't really matter yet.
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."

-Lloyd Alexander

Ion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -=Nemesis=- on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:41 pm

I think whichever way would be easiest for you as GM is how you should go about it, worn the room situation. The only thing about having each room as a separate tab, is there is less chance of interaction. Like, I'd you heart something in another room and go to check that out. Unless you plan to control that as GM. I'm not partial to either way, which is why I haven't said any thing. :)

Looking forward to this getting our up. Gonna start on my character.

-=Nemesis=-
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:55 am

Heh, a bit of a dilemma... there are now about 10 people interested when my original plan was around 5 players, maybe 6 or 7. I hadn't noticed how many we were accumulating. I'll see what I can do to expand it, but 10 is the definite max, so if anybody wanders in after this... sorry, those who posted before this have first shot. :,D I should put a note on the first post...

Anyway, not 100% ready to start, but I'm working on getting the tab up so you all can start submitting characters as you get them ready. I'm pretty sure the character skeleton I posted above will be the final one.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Excellent that you have the character skeleton! I shall start working on that.

I'm glad I fit in as one of the 10 slots haha.

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Just checking if this boat is still sailing, its gone kinda quiet as of late

Anyway im almost done with my exchange student, it feels lackluster in some areas so im trying to get comfortable with it by seeing where I can be more descriptive

Should post it soon

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:57 am

We're definitely still in the works! Baron would kill me if we weren't. :P I've avoided posting here further since we're pretty much done with the interest part of all this. I'm getting pretty close to done with the actual tab. It's been slowed down by work, computer freezes (thank goodness for Microsoft Word), and me falling asleep when I try to work on it, but it's getting there. Maybe I'll even have it up today.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:57 pm

One last post to say it's up! Please start posting in the OOC and not here.

Getting the room thread and an introductory post together, but feel free to submit your profiles at any time. There's not a ton of new information on the thread at present. The rules look really long, but it's mostly just a better explanation of stuff I've already said. :P

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!